Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Seriously.
Most skillful fast bowler in Asia - Bhuvi, Zak
Best reverse swing - Shami
One of the fastest, 145-150 kph - Umesh
Best allround cricketer in Asia - Ashwin, Jadeja

Come SA tour, these guys will show Pakistan counterparts how it's done. :wasim

Yes, they will show Hafeez who is actually blessed in all facets!

EVen after that four byes. It was still a much much better over than what Sohail Tanvir bowled in the last over of the T20. What Talent

How the heck has this thread reached 11 pages?

Junaid is a much better bowler! This is like comparing Virat Kohli to Umar Akmal.

You have to be a complete MAMOO to compare 1/2 cooked BK with Junaid who shows what sharp bowling can do at international level Vs few overs of exaggerated swing with new ball. Super Stuff Junaid!

You have to be a complete MAMOO to compare 1/2 cooked BK with Junaid who shows what sharp bowling can do at international level Vs few overs of exaggerated swing with new ball. Super Stuff Junaid!

agreed

How the heck has this thread reached 11 pages?

Some posters like Mamoon who don't think that Bhuvneshwar Kumar is better in bowling the second ball of the first over to left hand attacking batsmen than Junaid so that makes him a better bowler.

Mamoon is such a pathetic, ignorant poster. Have lost count of how many times his big mouth has ended up making him look like a joke.

Close this thread off already, Junaid is by far the best pacer from the sub-continent.

Mamoon is such a pathetic, ignorant poster. Have lost count of how many times his big mouth has ended up making him look like a joke.

Couldnt agree more

I posted on page 2 of this thread it needs closing asap.

Please close this thread- it devalues the website.

One good match and he's miles better than Kumar. Sorry, but no.

I think I've already mentioned a gazillion times that Kumar is a better new ball bowler while Junaid is better with the old. Not sure how today's match proves me wrong.

None of them are going to be greats of the game though, but are just decent at best.

Junaid has more pace while Kumar is an excellent swing bowler and unlike most Indian trundlers has a good line and length which is why he doesn't get smashed very often. Junaid's length is all over the place these days but showed excellent control and nerve in the last over.

he is Memeber of PP Family

we should not Worte Those kind of Post against Him :)

koi baat nahi Wrong Anylist hota rahte hain

One good match and he's miles better than Kumar. Sorry, but no.

I think I've already mentioned a gazillion times that Kumar is a better new ball bowler while Junaid is better with the old. Not sure how today's match proves me wrong.

None of them are going to be greats of the game though, but are just decent at best.

Junaid has more pace while Kumar is an excellent swing bowler and unlike most Indian trundlers has a good line and length which is why he doesn't get smashed very often. Junaid's length is all over the place these days but showed excellent control and nerve in the last over.

B.kumar will have 32-33 AVE in ODI
35 Ave in Test

Currently 9 Wickets in 6 test,s Nothing Special

Currently Junaid isn't that good of a new ball bowler. However we have seen glimpses of him swinging and seaming the ball both ways, and hopefully he will deliver on this for the future. Have to give him a little patience.

I think it's PakPassion's duty to keep Junaid motivated in his task to become a well polished bowler, since there isn't a good support network from the PCB.

For example, Anderson in his strive to be a great bowler, worked on bowling that in-swinger and once he had conquered that, he sought Asif's help in perfecting his seam bowling. This is what Junaid should do and what PakPassion should encourage him.

So that means conversations to get him in touch with the bowling experts like McGrath, Asif, Ian Pont, etc.

If PakPassion can arrange interviews, why not do this for one of our bowlers so that he improves.

Genuinely can't believe that some posters are under the illusion that this is an actual comparison.

He dismissed Smith with a beauty today, and guess what? It was with the new ball. He's back in form again and will keep on winning much more matches InshAllah.

Average of 23 and SR of under 30 is amazing. On the other end of teh spectrum, Kumar isn't good enough to complete his quota of overs.

Pretty much. Atleast go hide in your troll cave until Junaid has a bad day.

Quite common these days.

This thread is taking a very wrong direction where you guys are pointing out that he picked up Smith's wicket, oh big deal.

I never called Junaid a bad bowler, I have maintained that he's an okay to decent bowler, nothing special.

He is new ball bowling is pretty flat and that is an area where Kumar beats him. With the old ball, he is better than Kumar because he has more pace.

Don't get it why I have to repeat this after every 5 posts.

Not a bigger illusion than "Junaid has world class potential".

[/b]

Quite common these days.

This thread is taking a very wrong direction where you guys are pointing out that he picked up Smith's wicket, oh big deal.

I never called Junaid a bad bowler, I have maintained that he's an okay to decent bowler, nothing special.

He is new ball bowling is pretty flat and that is an area where Kumar beats him. With the old ball, he is better than Kumar because he has more pace.

What's the point when he lacks penetration, hardly seems to get wickets.

Junaid took 11 odi wickets in south africa against south africa at average of 25.90 & economy 4.91 lets see if beekay can do better

I will be surprised if BK even gets to bowl full quota of overs unless it is overcast.

Every thread I enter Mamoon is being served with plenty of pie, you would think he would learn from his past statements but nope.

[/b]

Quite common these days.

No his new ball bowling is not flat and he beats Kumar in this category too. Plus, Muar's old-ball bowling should be listed as "Not-Applicable"since he never bowls past his initial new-ball spell of 7-8 overs.

So even though in your opinion, Kumar is better than Junaid with the new ball, Junaid should be rated as better over all because the difference between performances with the new and old ball is minimal in the former category while massive in the latter.

Ofcourse, its only your opinion that Kumar is better than Junaid in any category since you have no stats to back it up.

Compare them after 3 years, As a cricketer BK will go ahead as he is a far better batsman and fielder, as a bowler time will tell,junaid also has a very suspicious action...wait 3 years

Compare them after 3 years, As a cricketer BK will go ahead as he is a far better batsman and fielder, as a bowler time will tell,junaid also has a very suspicious action...wait 3 years

A bowler with a bowling average of 23, batting average of under 10 and average fielding will be rated higher than a bowler with a bowling average of 29, batting average of 20 and good fielding.

One will be one of the if not the best bowler in the world, while the other will be a bits and pieces cricketer.

By the same logic, Hafeez is a better player than Kumble,Warne,Harbhajan,Ajmal as Hafeez is a better batsman and in most cases better fielder!

And the suspicious action talk is stupid as he has never been reported, trollish way of discrediting a player.I heard the same wait and see three -four years stuff for Nehra,RP,VPS,Sreesanth etc, unfortunately i wasn't able to see much of them on int scene, i wonder why?:sami

I have no probs with your posts bro,but can not compare Kumble and harbhajan with JK,both got 400-650 wickets whereas JK is yet to take 100....give him 3 years
Hafeez is a decent catcher but he can't run or throw... another wrong point,anyways point is.... JK needs 3 years and so does BK.
Nehra,RP,Sree are out bcz Nehra is a horrible athlete, Rp is fat and unfit and can not field or bat as well and bcz Sree is a cheat and he will be banned for life

Last edited:
Well, isn't Bhuvi considered an all-rounder? Besides, I thought this thread was about their bowling, a category where Juni clearly beats BK, no arguments.

What about the bowling action? Suspicious? XD

No matter how much you al bash BK with respect to JK .. I still consider a bowler good if he makes CHRIS GAYLE his bunny with just medium pace...

I wonder why :kohli & gang gets painted as bullies on flat tracks whereas JK doesn't get tagged as swing- seaming track bully by the same PPers when he bowls in bowler friendly pitches :13:

Apply the same logic of pitches & grounds wen comparing BK vs JK not only with Batsman

Last edited:
No matter how much you al bash BK with respect to JK .. I still consider a bowler good if he makes CHRIS GAYLE his bunny with just medium pace...

I wonder why :kohli & gang gets painted as bullies on flat tracks whereas JK doesn't get tagged as swing- seaming track bully by the same PPers when he bowls in bowler friendly pitches :13:

Apply the same logic of pitches & grounds wen comparing BK vs JK not only with Batsman

I guess pitches in the U.A.E,Srilanka and West Indies are seaming wickets.

Junaid has done very well on flat pitches.

dont forget to check what Gayle odierformance is in last few years and what was his total runs against pakistan in recent at 5 matches series his career is over in odi dude so judge bowlers against batsmen in form. we will see BK vs ABD and BK vs Amla!

its like saying tanvir got sachin bowled on a slower delivery in champions league so he is a better bowler now!

Junaid took 11 odi wickets in south africa against south africa at average of 25.90 & economy 4.91 lets see if beekay can do better
Bhuv Kumar had already beaten Junaid twice by outbowling him in Champions trophy (by huge margin) & in west Indies where BK was MoS & Junaid didn't had much success.

Lets not be surprised if he does that again in South Africa.

Bhuv Kumar had already beaten Junaid twice by outbowling him in Champions trophy (by huge margin) & in west Indies where BK was MoS & Junaid didn't had much success.

Lets not be surprised if he does that again in South Africa.

lol at the assumptions he played 7 matches against sri lanka west indies and pakistan outside the asia and he beaten junaid twice? tell him to perform against south africa first and at least get your facts right mr moosa. Junaid was rested for first 2 odi matches of that west indies series and when he came back he took 7 wickets at average of 20 in 3 matches.

BK 30 wickets in 25 matches at average of 30 and junaid 60 wickets in 37 matches at average of 23.63.

come back and let me know when BK cross 50 wickets at average of under 25 :))

and dont come up with those flat pitches excuses of india! Shami performed better than BK on same pitches!

lol at the assumptions he played 7 matches against sri lanka west indies and pakistan outside the asia and he beaten junaid twice? tell him to perform against south africa first and at least get your facts right mr moosa. Junaid was rested for first 2 odi matches of that west indies series and when he came back he took 7 wickets at average of 20 in 3 matches.

BK 30 wickets in 25 matches at average of 30 and junaid 60 wickets in 37 matches at average of 23.63.

come back and let me know when BK cross 50 wickets at average of under 25 :))

and dont come up with those flat pitches excuses of india! Shami performed better than BK on same pitches!
You know right he avg. 102 in CT? :p

I was only referring to the places where both these bowlers played. Bhuv beaten Junaid hands down in both Eng & WI.

Lets wait and watch what happens in South Africa.

I was only referring to the places where both these bowlers played. Bhuv beaten Junaid hands down in both Eng & WI.

and how many wickets BK took against eng in eng (ct final)? dude these stats matters when you are playing against hosts its like saying if ajmal took wickets against india in australia so ajmal got a better record in australia that will be a stupid logic.

Junaid on 19 and BK on 20 in rankings and junaid performed against south africa in south africa so now lets wait and see if BK can beat his record there in next week and junaid can improve his record in uae.

Last edited:
I think its unfair to compare because Bk just made debut an year back against Pak and JK is been playing for about 3-4 years if Iam not wrong.

Wait till 2015 WC to compare both the players. for now BK lacks pace to bowl @ death

I think its unfair to compare because Bk just made debut an year back against Pak and JK is been playing for about 3-4 years if Iam not wrong.

Wait till 2015 WC to compare both the players. for now BK lacks pace to bowl @ death

agree but some posters are so insecure to open these threads and start the comparison.

everyone Talking here about Both ODI Performance (Where Junaid is Far ahead)

Dont Forget About Junaid Khan Test Performance
13 Test,s 42 Wickets Ave 29 3 Five wicket haul
Bhuvi 6 Test,s 9 Wickets :D

everyone Talking here about Both ODI Performance (Where Junaid is Far ahead)

Dont Forget About Junaid Khan Test Performance
13 Test,s 42 Wickets Ave 29 3 Five wicket haul
Bhuvi 6 Test,s 9 Wickets :D
No Junaid is not better than Bhuv in ODI's.
In tests I agree

and how many wickets BK took against eng in eng (ct final)? dude these stats matters when you are playing against hosts its like saying if ajmal took wickets against india in australia so ajmal got a better record in australia that will be a stupid logic.

Junaid on 19 and BK on 20 in rankings and junaid performed against south africa in south africa so now lets wait and see if BK can beat his record there in next week and junaid can improve his record in uae.
Yes but as far as I remember, Junaid also didn't played against England in CT, still he got only 1 wicket
Do you mean to say if he would have played England, he could have done worse? ;-)

And Junaid did better than him in India, seeing how he bowled to a much superior line-up.

But yeah, the SA/Ind series will make a lot of things clear.

Junaid Khan is a beast. Also has aggression. B.Kumar has a brain give him that and works hard on his bowling but lacks serious talent compared to Junaid. Cannot really see B.Kumar lasting long.

If Junaid had a game like this, sir Mamoon would be calling for him to be dropped. Heck, he called Junaid to be dropped from the series against sri lanka despite not having such a terrible game.

If Junaid had a game like this, sir Mamoon would be calling for him to be dropped. Heck, he called Junaid to be dropped from the series against sri lanka despite not having such a terrible game.

bad game? i expect threads bumping after 1 or 2 average or bad overs of junaid and ajmal :))

oh boy oh boy what happen to beekay swing trundler i thought these are friendly conditions for his bowling

Lulz at this thread

Kumar is a trundler and will always remain one

And we all know about Junaid

Fun Fact-Junaid Khan has to bowl at the death and defend 9 runs vs SA,he defends them and executes tremendous yorkers.
Bhuvneshwar Kumar has to bowl at the death vs SA,he gives away 20!
:yk :junaid

Kumar to Duminy, 1 run, makes room to a full ball and drills it down to long-on
Kumar to de Villiers, SIX, it's raining sixes here! A full toss gets punished, AB makes room and sends it a long way over wide long-off
Kumar to de Villiers, no run, wide outside off and he chases but misses
Kumar to de Villiers, SIX, gets to his fifty with another mighty hit over long-off! Length ball outside off, makes room and it's a flatter hit, 300 up
Kumar to de Villiers, 1 run, comes down the track and gets an inside edge to the on side
Kumar to Duminy, SIX, 20 off the over! Length ball on middle and leg and deposited over wide long-on, when will the bowlers learn never to bowl length?

End of over 47 (20 runs) South Africa 310/3 (RR: 6.59)
B Kumar 9-0-68-0

He got smacked when he was bowling with both the new and old ball. And you get Indian posters like Mamoon rating B. Kumar way ahead of Junaid Khan

People need to get a grip

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is also a very good young bowler, but just because he is Indian most of you hate him. Same goes for Junaid, Many Indians will hate him because he is Pakistani, and not just that, many Pakistanis also hate Junaid Khan :facepalm:. Appreciate each others promsing youngsters as opposed to comparing them at every damn opportunity. Shami and Bhuvi seem to be a different class to the bowling India have produced in a long time.

Comparisons are ridiculous, Junaid is currently ahead but does that mean BK is a bad bowler? NO

Kumar to Duminy, 1 run, makes room to a full ball and drills it down to long-on
Kumar to de Villiers, SIX, it's raining sixes here! A full toss gets punished, AB makes room and sends it a long way over wide long-off
Kumar to de Villiers, no run, wide outside off and he chases but misses
Kumar to de Villiers, SIX, gets to his fifty with another mighty hit over long-off! Length ball outside off, makes room and it's a flatter hit, 300 up
Kumar to de Villiers, 1 run, comes down the track and gets an inside edge to the on side
Kumar to Duminy, SIX, 20 off the over! Length ball on middle and leg and deposited over wide long-on, when will the bowlers learn never to bowl length?

End of over 47 (20 runs) South Africa 310/3 (RR: 6.59)
B Kumar 9-0-68-0

I imagine his stats if he had to bowl like every fast bowler. Ball half of his overs with the new ball. 2-3 in the middle and finish at the death.

Back