Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

People need to get a grip

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is also a very good young bowler, but just because he is Indian most of you hate him. Same goes for Junaid, Many Indians will hate him because he is Pakistani, and not just that, many Pakistanis also hate Junaid Khan :facepalm:. Appreciate each others promsing youngsters as opposed to comparing them at every damn opportunity. Shami and Bhuvi seem to be a different class to the bowling India have produced in a long time.

Comparisons are ridiculous, Junaid is currently ahead but does that mean BK is a bad bowler? NO

Beekay is good bowler but this thread is about Juni vs Beekay. Indian bowlers should be compared to Anwar Ali or Tanveer and not Junaid.

Update!!! Beekay one day average is now 32.50 (i hope no more flat wicket arguments for his average drop)

People need to get a grip

Bhuvaneshwar Kumar is also a very good young bowler, but just because he is Indian most of you hate him. Same goes for Junaid, Many Indians will hate him because he is Pakistani, and not just that, many Pakistanis also hate Junaid Khan :facepalm:. Appreciate each others promsing youngsters as opposed to comparing them at every damn opportunity. Shami and Bhuvi seem to be a different class to the bowling India have produced in a long time.

Comparisons are ridiculous, Junaid is currently ahead but does that mean BK is a bad bowler? NO

Quite agree, Bhuv does an ok job for India.

These Bhuv fans should stop trying to compare him with Junaid Khan.

Bhuvi is a good bowler, i feel i was a little harsh on him earlier. I am sure he will make a good comeback

Poor performance today, first time he has failed to take advantage of good bowling conditions.

Gave too much width.

He's a good bowler because he has good control in spite of lacking pace.

Was the most economical bowler in the India vs Aus ODI series.

But really needs to start picking more wickets.

He's a good bowler because he has good control in spite of lacking pace.

Was the most economical bowler in the India vs Aus ODI series.

But really needs to start picking more wickets.

So Hafeez is a better bowler then him because Hafeez is most economical bowler in the world?

Your logic always flawed.

Last edited by a moderator:
BD there is no need to make such accusations, Mamoons points are valid.

So Hafeez is a better bowler then him because Hafeez is most economical bowler in the world?

Your logic always flawed.

Hafeez is better than any ODI spinner barring Ajmal. He's the perfect foil.

Like I said, B Kumar needs to start taking wickets again since he's the only talented bowler in the team. Needs to take responsibility

Junaid is much better. Even though Bhuvi swings it more at the start of his spell at times, Junaid is more effective. He's quite economical at the start and there's pretty much no comparison between the two when it comes to death overs bowling. Infact Junaid is among the best in the business when it comes to death bowling.

Junaid is frustrating, he has all the attributes to be a world class bowler, but just can't seem to put it together and convert it into more match winning performances.

Last edited:
Junaid is much better. Even though Bhuvi swings it more at the start of his spell at times, Junaid is more effective. He's quite economical at the start and there's pretty much no comparison between the two when it comes to death overs bowling. Infact Junaid is among the best in the business when it comes to death bowling.

Yes like I've said many times, Junaid is definitely a better death bowler because he has pace.

But Junaid needs to do more upfront. Isn't penetrative enough these days.

Re: Junaid Khan Vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

Yes like I've said many times, Junaid is definitely a better death bowler because he has pace.

But Junaid needs to do more upfront. Isn't penetrative enough these days.

Just because you don't think he's living up to his potential, doesn't mean he isn't better than Kumar. It feels like you've only been arguing for Kumar because you think Junaid is overrated.

Just because you don't think he's living up to his potential, doesn't mean he isn't better than Kumar. It feels like you've only been arguing for Kumar because you think Junaid is overrated.

Both are decent at best with no world class ability whatsoever.

JK is grossly underrated. If only, he stops screaming like a girl in a horror movie, he is perfect.

JK is grossly underrated. If only, he stops screaming like a girl in a horror movie, he is perfect.
Very annoying <.<

Needs to pitch it up more, he might get more edges instead of the usual play, miss and screech sequence we've become accustomed to..

Junaid is most underrated bowler in world cricket.

Hafeez is.

He can walk into most teams because of his bowling alone, but since he's tripe with the bat, people overlook that factor.

You don't like Hafeez because he has taken the slot of some talunted youngsta that is why you don't acknowledge his excellent bowling.

Hafeez is.

He can walk into most teams because of his bowling alone, but since he's tripe with the bat, people overlook that factor.

You don't like Hafeez because he has taken the slot of some talunted youngsta that is why you don't acknowledge his excellent bowling.

People don't like hafeez because he's bats like a tailender at number 3.

Junaid is frustrating, he has all the attributes to be a world class bowler, but just can't seem to put it together and convert it into more match winning performances.

Not really, he lack inswing to the right handers. Especially with the new ball.

Hafeez is.

Who said this?

Why make stupid assumptions?

Hafeez is a good ODI/T20 bowler.

Definitely poor of late though

I have pinned my hopes to Usman Khan Shinwari :akhtar

Beast with the new ball.

Oh well....No comparison today again. Shami bowled with very good seam position from what I saw. To be honest, I find Indian pacers, besides Umesh, out of breath after every ball. I dunno what is it but sounds as they lack endurance.

Always said B Kumar is garbage. He is like Kulasekra. Might perform for few matches here and there but would never be a good bowler. Umesh Yadav is the only bowling talent..

About the India-Australia series, BK managed to be economical, so surely better bowlers could've matched him ?

Used it effectively in India, he's been quite torrid since then though.

And he was unplayable in that match and we all though we found our new ball bowler. But he has been disappointing since then.

Better ODI bowlers like Johnson and McKay were playing.

Could you arguably say that had they faced the Aussie lineup instead of the Indian one, that they would've done better ?

I like Beekay as a bowler. He just should not be compared with the like of JK.

Johnson economy was 5.68 and he took 7 wickets in that odi series and a 4-fer. Beekay economy was 5.44 and he took 2 wickets in that series please tell me how Beekay was better or economical bowler than Johnson?

Could you arguably say that had they faced the Aussie lineup instead of the Indian one, that they would've done better ?

Australia hardly batted poorly compared to India.

There was nothing between the two teams other than a couple of freak performances by Kohli.

I don't see any pacer doing well on those pitches tbf.

Johnson economy was 5.68 and he took 7 wickets in that odi series and a 4-fer. Beekay economy was 5.44 and he took 2 wickets in that series please tell me how Beekay was better or economical bowler than Johnson?

Because 5.44 is lower than 5.68 :yk

I know about the wickets, why is why I touched upon his economy rate. Like I mentioned in the previous page, he needs to start taking wickets again and that has been Junaid's problem as well.

Where are the bowlers who can get 5 fers and 6 fers?

No wonder bowling standards have fallen so much.

Australia hardly batted poorly compared to India.

There was nothing between the two teams other than a couple of freak performances by Kohli.

I don't see any pacer doing well on those pitches tbf.

What I'm trying to get at is that if BK can be miserly on those decks, surely more bowlers could've.

I know about the wickets, why is why I touched upon his economy rate. Like I mentioned in the previous page, he needs to start taking wickets again and that has been Junaid's problem as well.

Steyn.

this is odi cricket dude not Test cricket a 4fer in odi is equal to 5fer in tests. i am not comparing junaid with wasim in anyway because he is a legend in both formats but how many 5fer he took in his career? six 5fers in 350 matches so a 5fer after around 60 matches.

One with Average of 23 in ODI
other With Average of 32 in ODI

Huge Different

Like seriously, close this thread, its embarrassing. Junaid would have scythed through the South Africans on this pitch.

I am lolling at the people talking about economy rate. Kumar almost exclusively bowls upfront with the new ball when batsmen usually conserve their wickets. Junaid bowls in the second power-play and the death regularly, come back when Kumar is good enough to do that as well.

Like seriously, close this thread, its embarrassing. Junaid would have scythed through the South Africans on this pitch.

LOL. Junaid has been annoyingly ordinary on good bowling wickets for quite some time now.

Take a look at that the Champions Trophy match where Junaid got nothing from the pitch but a rookie like Chris Morris swung the ball miles.

LOL. Junaid has been annoyingly ordinary on good bowling wickets for quite some time now.

Take a look at that the Champions Trophy match where Junaid got nothing from the pitch but a rookie like Chris Morris swung the ball miles.

Can you get over those three matches? Junaid just helped us beat the Saffers, what did Kumar do?

This thread is on the level of that Akmal vs Kohli thread for sure.

what about economy rate?

Who cares about economy rate unless it is extraordinarily low like Hafeez's. In ODI cricket, an economy rate of 4 or 5 doesn't justify a 30+ average.

One brilliant Junaid's supporter always bring is vs India in Inda.

But Mamoon, for how much time will you bring this performances in the champions trophy?

And also, if you know a little bit about cricket, it as very hard to bowl because he had no score to defend, about 170-180 runs...

B.Kumar is just another version of P.Kumar. Despite the match against SA was even swinging yet he went at over 6 runs an over without any wicket. He has no pace, poor physique and batsman usually make him look good. Junaid Khan is a real talent.

Forget BeeKay, Juni has 14 wickets @ average of 21 in Sri Lanka (traditionally difficult place for fast bowlers) in the format which matters and which tests ALL your skills (not only new ball fashion shows that is) ; max. by an Indian pacer (though better average), but he also has two 5fers, whereas all Indian 5fers in SL put together make 3

junaidkhan.png

And still hasn't hit his peak. :junaid

One brilliant Junaid's supporter always bring is vs India in Inda.

But Mamoon, for how much time will you bring this performances in the champions trophy?

And also, if you know a little bit about cricket, it as very hard to bowl because he had no score to defend, about 170-180 runs...

I don't have PHD in cricket but I surely know a lot more than people who think Afridi is a great or Shehzad is better than Kohli because he has a hundred in South Africa :yk

Low score or high score, Junaid bowled poorly and I picked up the South Afican game in particular where Junaid bowled first.

Sorry for hitting your low score to defend excuse for a 6 :msd

Its not just those three games, Junaid has been under par in ODIs for over a year and he has had his fair share of weak teams to face like WI and Zimbabwe.

WI is a weak team. When was the last time they won an ODI series against a top 5 team home and away?

Junaid is indeed beastly vs SL, hopefully another quality performance will make him lift his game.

Well B Kumar will not be a threat with old ball while Junaid is an excellent reverse swing bowler as well

No comparison at all.
Junaid is miles ahead

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Its not just those three games, Junaid has been under par in ODIs for over a year and he has had his fair share of weak teams to face like WI and Zimbabwe.

You call this under par? :danish

stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/259551.html?class=2;spanmin1=1+Jan+2013;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Excluding minnows

stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/259551.html?class=2;filter=advanced;opposition=3;opposition=4;opposition=6;orderby=default;spanmin1=1+Jan+2013;spanval1=span;template=results;type=bowling

Last edited:
I don't believe in stats. They are misleading.

And claims such as Kumar is better than Junaid and Swann is better than Ajmal are not dripping with bias?

The difference between you and the majority of posters in this thread is that their views can be backed up with hard facts whereas your's cannot.

This thread is as one sided as the Kholi vs Umar Akmal thread.

Bhuvneshwar Akram is not even good enough to lace Junaids boots

And claims such as Kumar is better than Junaid and Swann is better than Ajmal are not dripping with bias?

The difference between you and the majority of posters in this thread is that their views can be backed up with hard facts whereas your's cannot.

I don't use stats to judge players. But funnily enough, the likes of Swann beat Ajmal statistically as well.

Kumar was ahead of Junaid on that front too, but he has lost form. Needs to pick his game again.

I don't use stats to judge players. But funnily enough, the likes of Swann beat Ajmal statistically as well.

Kumar was ahead of Junaid on that front too, but he has lost form. Needs to pick his game again.

Who told you "he lost form" and he was not in superb form at the start of his career?

Junaid Khan is 10 times the bowler Bhuv is.

WI is a weak team. When was the last time they won an ODI series against a top 5 team home and away?
Junaid could have easily finished as the highest wicket-taker in WI if he had played all 5 games. He finished with the third best average and strike rate, and if you don't include Afridi's phenomenal performance in the first game, JK's second.

And there were quite a few not outs from the biased umpires if I'm not mistaken...

BKumar is hardworking but he lacks the requisite talent/physique of a fast bowler, he is bound to go down , I realy feel for the guy.

Bkumar is typical swing it straight out of hand bowler(as opposed to late swing), manjrekar compared him with prabhaker, such bowlers usually have a career of 25-35 odd test matches with 90 round about wickets at avg 35+ and strike rate 65+. Usually they have better ODI careers though. There have been many in history of test cricket, such harsh is test cricket for pace bowlers. saying that he can always improvise for better.

My earlier posts in this thread, lets see can Beekay improve and change the norm.

Last edited:

Umm no, Swann and Kumar do not beat Ajmal and Junaid statistically. Check the records again.

Seeing how B Kumar was dropped for the likes of Sharma and Yadav, he'd never be picked over Junaid by any captain.

Dropped on a seaming track in over cast conditions for Sir Ishant :))

And they said he was better than Junaid :facepalm:

When you are dropped for Ishant and Yadav, think about playing another sport.

Back