Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

People who compare Junaid and BK are very biased. If BK can bowl about 20 kmph faster; then yes - he will be comparable.

Junaid is a MUCH better bowler. In fact he is better than ANY Indian bowler from the last few years. Heck, among Indian pacers only Javagal Srinath, Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan in his prime are better than Junaid Khan. He is THAT good. If Junaid Khan was playing for India, we could almost be certain of WC 2015.

i Feel Junaid Khan will end up as Better Fast Bowler compare to Kapil,Srinath,Zaheer

Last edited:
13 wickets in this series with average of 15 for junaid and pitches were flat. I still remember mamoon saying beekay remained wicketless in that australia series because of flat pitches :))

Well beekay is still a better bowler because of swing and tools and and all the tool boxes!!!

Don't forget Sri Lanka have a very strong batting lineup, they bat very deep only Malinga isn't good with the bat.

Help me to solve this mystery how this ridiculous comparison thread got more than 1000 posts!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/uyMBpB2tbq4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I would love to see Kumar move the ball like this on a flat pitch. Junaid is far better,easily.
:junaid

You think he is the only one? People would gladly drop Junaid if their fixer comes back into the team.

Had Junaid been from anywhere else, people would have overhyped him till no ends on here

What do you mean by that last statement, bro?

Just dissapointed at the blatant disregard of a very good bowler, who must wonder what he needs to ever do to get respect from fans, if he ever read these threads. I have my own opinions of it and do not want to share , will derail the thread, let it go.

Just dissapointed at the blatant disregard of a very good bowler, who must wonder what he needs to ever do to get respect from fans, if he ever read these threads. I have my own opinions of it and do not want to share , will derail the thread, let it go.

Cool.

Thing is though, the majority of pakpassion is firmly behind junaid and believe he's the future of Pakistan fast bowling. Me being one of those.

Majority support him, its just a few that don't think that he is good enough or something along them lines.

People who compare Junaid and BK are very biased. If BK can bowl about 20 kmph faster; then yes - he will be comparable.

Junaid is a MUCH better bowler. In fact he is better than ANY Indian bowler from the last few years. Heck, among Indian pacers only Javagal Srinath, Kapil Dev and Zaheer Khan in his prime are better than Junaid Khan. He is THAT good. If Junaid Khan was playing for India, we could almost be certain of WC 2015.

lol what? Junaid is already better the ones u mentioned.

This sort of victimized mentality is pretty pathetic. Junaid Khan is loved by most Pakistanis, however your signature tells a lot about your biases.

Bowled really well today and I'd say he's become a lesser version of Waqar Younis with his ridiculous rate of wicket-taking. SR of 27 is excellent.

This sort of victimized mentality is pretty pathetic. Junaid Khan is loved by most Pakistanis, however your signature tells a lot about your biases.

Bowled really well today and I'd say he's become a lesser version of Waqar Younis with his ridiculous rate of wicket-taking. SR of 27 is excellent.

His whole Afghan bias is pretty ridiculous. Why does he think certain Pak players should play for Afghanistan?

i have no idea. I dont think so. Junaid averages 22.28 right now.

See... there is something called time and injuries. Junaid, while a great bowler - cannot be compared with retired players like Srinath or Kapil Dev.

It will be like someone comparing Pujara with Saeed Anwar, Inzamam. Records probably indicate that Pujara is greater than both, but there is still the test of time. Let him do what he does in the next few years

Ajantha Mendis, in that one watch against India [Champions Trophy Finale] he caused more trouble to India than any spinner ever has. Where is he now? So, don't pronounce judgements this early.

Having said that, I do agree that Junaid Khan is the BEST Pakistani prospect right now and that he can get into ANY world-side except South Africa, maybe.

Last edited:
Juni starts off with a decent 5fer in the SL series.

B.Kumar is an average bowler and Junaid is a genuine pacer.

Junaild is world-class while B. Kumar is club-class.

Junaid >>......>>> B.Kumar

Even Afridi bowls his leg spin faster than B. Kumar. :))) I've see Afridi bowls his leg spin 130 kmh+ . Btw I have no freaking idea how he does that. :) That's insane.

Last edited:
Lol what did Zaheer average 23 in his prime?
i have no idea. I dont think so. Junaid averages 22.28 right now.

In Tests Zaheer Khan's peak average was 28, Srinath's 27 and :kapil's a bit over 25.
Junaid Khan has the potential to be Kapil > Juni > Srinath.

Srinath took his maiden Test 5fer at the age of 26/27, and to reach four 5fers like Juni had to wait the age of 30.

In ODIs he can get more wickets at a better average than all of them though.

Last edited:
Even Afridi bowls his leg spin faster than B. Kumar. :))) I've see Afridi bowls his leg spin 130 kmh+ . Btw I have no freaking idea how he does that. :) That's insane.

Yes does it many times, but have you seen his yorker ? :afridi

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dJnNqxy3vQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Junaid will end up as the best Pakistani fast bowler of all time.

Maybe.

Our best fast bowler wasn't the most naturally talented, so let's see how Juni goes, but I still stand by my opinion that he's more of a 26-28 average Test bowler than sub-25.

Yes does it many times, but have you seen his yorker ? :afridi

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dJnNqxy3vQ4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ah huh haaa.... This is so freakish for a leg spinner/ spinner. He castles many batsmen by his pace. :) I've seen many times that the batsmen are camping on the back foot to cut him and get bowled by his pace. :))) He has done it to Dilshan quite a few times.

Don't derail the thread. If you want to compare Junaid and Wasim then make a new thread... This is comparing Beekay and Juni so stick to it. Anyway, his performance earlier is more evidence of him being superior to kumar.

Don't think BK would've done well in SA tests, as the pitches didn't really offer any movement off the new ball or the seam, the movement that was extracted was by reverse swing.

haha well where is the OP of this thread :))

I am missing many indian pper who were active in first pages :)))

BK is poor man's philander. I will be honest right now no indian bowler is good enough to run through batting lineups like junaid does. Recent test series is the prime example where indian bowlers struggled to clean up the tail.

Junaid just too good for BK. Now where are the BK fans? :)))

I don't know who made this thread. Fail thread, No comparison! LOL!

FACT FACt FACT!

When this Thread was made Junaid had 40 wickets in 27 one days with average of 25. Bhuvi had 14 wickets in 11 one days with average of 29.

and now

Junaid have 73 wickets in 42 one days with average of 22.28. Bhuvi have 30 wickets in 26 one dayers with average of 32.50.

Which means Junaid took 33 wickets in his next 15 one dayers with better average so his one day average came down to 22 from 25 now and Bhuvi took 16 wickets in next 14 one days with a high average so his average is gone more worst from 29 to 32.

Stats after Comparison date
Junaid 33 wickets in 15 one days with average of 18.81
Bhuvi 16 wickets in 15 one days with average of 35

Conclusion: This thread should be closed otherwise some indian pper who were defending bhuvi in first pages will feel insecure :p

and please dont even think about touching the topic to compare their Test stats or things will look more worst :))

Last edited:

Our heritage of fast bowling is enormous, it leads us to critique every bowler and rightly so.

Its called having high standards.

You might call it racism, but then again you live in a box which you call reality. The racism in you makes you question the racism in others when there is none.

You should be banned from this forum.

Junaid Khan is overhyped. Still has a lot to learn and lot to prove. He looks completely ineffective against batsmen who are in form.

He picked 1 wicket in 3 matches in CT and couldnt do much in bowler friendly conditions in SA.

Taking a leaf out of Pakistani batsmen defender's book:

BK is infinitely more talented than Junaid, potential-wise BK is miles better than JK.

JK has the cushion of world class bowlers around him but BK don't have that luxury, otherwise he would have out-performed JK by now.

BK is effective in all tracks but JK is FTB, only takes wickets in flat tracks.

P.S: Junaid has been found out, Sami 2.0

I think he can develop into our Asif (bowling wise only)

Kumar is far better. Junaid is so over hyped it's not even funny. Hopefully he'll be dropped for good when we realise his lack of wicket taking potential.

:)))

Just some beauties from the first couple of pages. The thread was full of Indians early on, now they've dissapeared :))

LOL at the thread BK is not even close to the laces of JK, where r indians who thought BK would be indian version of M asif

Calling out gabbarsingh,Senman,Indiafan. Where are you guys? Have some humble Pie on New Years eve would you?

JK is done. His downhill journey (along with Ajmal) starts now.

B Kumar is clearly better in ODIs.

Junaid is clearly better in tests.

BK>>>>JK. JK will fail in WI just like he did in CT.

India owns the whole world right now. No one does and will own India. And you know that. However, it does not hurt dreaming.

Junaid is a bowler,BK is an all-rounder.....not a fair comparison ....Junaid v Umesh is better

some more gems from first pages :)) :))) :)))

and there were people who want to compare junaid with umesh buhahaha :)) and than there were those who predicted a downfall for junaid anf ajmal both together :)))

Last edited:
Our heritage of fast bowling is enormous, it leads us to critique every bowler and rightly so.

You might call it racism, but then again you live in a box which you call reality. The racism in you makes you question the racism in others when there is none.

You should be banned from this forum.

Gladly if others are banned also, I like to speak the truth, there is subtle racism on here, lad has achieved more than other bowlers but they seem to be the ones who are superior, it makes me laugh. So there is racism in me but not others? typical reply. You lot are getting defensive now because Junaid is making all of his doubters look stupid. I did say I did not want to derail this thead, but if you are going to come and instigate I might as well reply to you.

Last edited:
Yep, Its pretty obvious that Junaid would kick Zaheer's butt any given day :)))

Don't know what you are trying to imply here. Because i have already said he is better than all the indian bowlers currently playing for indian team. So what part you didn't understand? Or me saying that he will get past vaas hit your nerve?

some more gems from first pages :)) :))) :)))

and there were people who want to compare junaid with umesh buhahaha :)) and than there were those who predicted a downfall for junaid anf ajmal both together :)))

Oh my days ...:))):))):))) ... Junaid vs Umesh and Ajmals downfall

Don't know what you are trying to imply here. Because i have already said he is better than all the indian bowlers currently playing for indian team. So what part you didn't understand? Or me saying that he will get past vaas hit your nerve?

Of course I know that this dude is miles ahead of current Indian lot "COMBINED". But why did you have to bring Vaas into this debate ? So, you asked for it and you got it.

Of course I know that this dude is miles ahead of current Indian lot "COMBINED". But why did you have to bring Vaas into this debate ? So, you asked for it and you got it.

Because Vaas was the best after Wasim from asia. I didn't ask for anything. Its you who is getting defensive here just because i named Vaas.

Gladly if others are banned also, I like to speak the truth, there is subtle racism on here, lad has achieved more than other bowlers but they seem to be the ones who are superior, it makes me laugh. So there is racism in me but not others? typical reply. You lot are getting defensive now because Junaid is making all of his doubters look stupid. I did say I did not want to derail this thead, but if you are going to come and instigate I might as well reply to you.

As an example see my posts on Rahat Ali. I have labelled him a trundler.

It doesn't matter where the bowler is from, if he does not meet criteria he is getting critiqued. Simple as that.

If Junaid starts trundling then I will label him such.

Everyone else is the same here also.

I have been banned for less.

I am reporting you for inciting hate and accusations of racism.

As an example see my posts on Rahat Ali. I have labelled him a trundler.

It doesn't matter where the bowler is from, if he does not meet criteria he is getting critiqued. Simple as that.

If Junaid starts trundling then I will label him such.

Everyone else is the same here also.

I have been banned for less.

I am reporting you for inciting hate and accusations of racism.

Haha I am not inciting any hatred, just hope people respect a very good bowler, which seems to only be coming good now, because people have no argument now. I criticized Gul, not like Gul is some korean guy is he, Read any old posts about Gul when he was getting tonked, and even in the recent threads. Do not even get me started on Sohail Khan, that useless fast bowler

Last edited:

Mamoon make the same point, i don't know why he get so much hate on PP. Maybe its because he is pathan poster. Pakistani bowlers are known to make ball talk and bowl unplayable and amazing deliveries. But Junaid is very good bowler by Pak standard. I hope he one day can swing/seam the new ball like this consistently and not just that one match against India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_a5HafSI0

Unfortunately i just don't see any potential ATG bowler in the team. :( Cheaters like Asif-Amir have ruined our bowling up.

Last edited:
At the moment Junaid is way ahead.

But Kumar is a good bowler too. He might not take many wickets but he is often very economical. Even in IPL when some bowlers are taken to cleaners, he goes around 5-6 runs an over.

Mamoon make the same point, i don't know why he get so much hate on PP.

He says he doesn't like Junaid because he lacks swing and pace. Behind that, he doesn't mind defending Tanvir and BK who are horrible bowlers.

This is is not bowling. This is poetry in motion.

Junaid will not reach this level but will achieve 400+ in tests and 350+ in ODI. A world class bowler. Not ATG material yet.

That doesn't make any sense. 400+ tests and 350+ ODIs at under 24 both is ATG material.

This is is not bowling. This is poetry in motion.

Junaid will not reach this level but will achieve 400+ in tests and 350+ in ODI. A world class bowler. Not ATG material yet.

400+ test wickets under 25 is ATG. I just dont see him getting that many at good average being one trick poney.

Right now Junaid is having bowling average far better than Bhuvi

In test Bhuvi has played only 6 Test matches on flat Indian pitches where spinners shared 15-16 wickets in a match.
Dhoni doesn't know how to handle Bhuvi in ODIs which is very harsh on Bhuvi, Dhoni just allows him to bowl straight 8 overs in first 15 overs and does not utilise him in death overs. I am sure he can bowl well in death overs too.

Junaid has played twice the matches of Bhuvi has done better than him and currently being the spearhead for Pakistan.

Heck even after 5 years :umarakmal fans have hopes on him and It's just 1 year Bhuvi has debuted in international cricket and I have high hopes on him that he will do better for India.

400+ test wickets under 25 is ATG. I just dont see him getting that many at good average being one trick poney.

Imran Khan and Waqar Younis both don't have 400 tests wicket, yet both are ATG, check even Malcolm Marshall doesn't have 400 wickets.

Mamoon make the same point, i don't know why he get so much hate on PP. Maybe its because he is pathan poster. Pakistani bowlers are known to make ball talk and bowl unplayable and amazing deliveries. But Junaid is very good bowler by Pak standard. I hope he one day can swing/seam the new ball like this consistently and not just that one match against India.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67_a5HafSI0

Unfortunately i just don't see any potential ATG bowler in the team. :( Cheaters like Asif-Amir have ruined our bowling up.

MINDBLOWN.

That guy is a genius.

Stating the obvious but still. Needs to be said.

Because Vaas was the best after Wasim from asia. I didn't ask for anything. Its you who is getting defensive here just because i named Vaas.

Vaas the best after Wasim? Did you forget Waqar, Imran, Fazal, Asif and even Kapil Dev?

Imran Khan and Waqar Younis both don't have 400 tests wicket, yet both are ATG, check even Malcolm Marshall doesn't have 400 wickets.

Even 250 wickets is a sizable chunk of wickets for a bowler to be called an ATG in my book. Ofcourse their stats will have to be ATG material as well.

Vaas the best after Wasim? Did you forget Waqar, Imran, Fazal, Asif and even Kapil Dev?

I guess he is talking abt left arm pacers...

First he needs to beat Vaas,then Wasim to claim the ''greatest left arm'' title,then needs to beat Imran khan to claim the greatest pak pacer of all time..

Last edited:
Back