Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

I can smell something burning :)) if junaid go down our parosi dont need to worry you know why? because we will unearth another bowler without any doubt. For reference check Talha on his debut against the so called best batting line :p

our pace battery is in safe hand while parosi need to look where things are gone wrong in their batting line :)))

Moosa the king of B.S ... Mate your bats have failed that mean ours are better then? :13:

THIS!

parosis are worrying about our bowlers even they know we can unearth another pacer every months. They have seen Talha now we will give them more surprise packages like Sadaf Hussain and Mir Hamza etc

What death bowling? Check the economy rate of both.

Accept it..B.Kumar beaten Junaid handsdown AGAIN

:))

Junaid didn't bowl at the death vs Afghanistan he did get hit around by Lankans and bowled a good last over vs India BK hasn't been anything special he got two wickets from tailender slogs against us we saw his true quality when shehzad and sharjeel were smashing him around in the first 10 overs

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Moosa the king of B.S ... Mate your bats have failed that mean ours are better then? :13:
In this tournament your batting line up was way better than ours. You compare yourself and will get the answer.

Dhawan, Rohit, Kohli, karthik, Rayudu, Binny is much poor than Misbah, Hafeez, Afridi, Umar etc.

Another tournament exposed Junaid again?? :13:

Junaid
Matches - 3
Wickets - 0
E.R - 5.50

Bhuv
Matches - 4
Wickets - 3
E.R - 4.72

Hope ATG junaid fires in the final.

I don't think junaid khan is a great bowler currently but i'm sure i'll be bumping these two posts in near future.

This.

Why it is so tough for people to understand that the OP was created when both the players were comparable. You will find many such weird threads in Pakpassion like "Inzy vs Sachin", "Dhoni vs K.Akmal," etc. They might have some relevance once upon a time but not today.

But bumping everytime when you yourself know who is the better bowler is bizzare.

On record - Junaid is way better bowler than BK and this is not even comparable.

Moosa, remember this, don't contradict yourself.

I don't think junaid khan is a great bowler currently but i'm sure i'll be bumping these two posts in near future.
Ok wake me up when junaid does something (infact anything :p) in a tournament format ;-)

What is the average of Bhuvi in this tournament? 55.66 right :)) our Talha average 30 and got more wickets in 2 matches than Bhuvi took in 4 matches so he is greater than bhuvi now just because of 2 matches?

Moosa accept the fact you are king of posting BS and finding excuses!!!

Moosa, remember this, don't contradict yourself.
What contradict? I posted that few weeks ago and was under the impression Champions trophy was his only poor tournament.

But once again he failed in the Asia cup make me wonder if he is really that great? I mean when Rohit Sharma takes you to the cleaner, you have to be pretty ordinary. Right?

I hate it when people use selective stats to prove that they are right.

Junaid's overall numbers are much better than Kumar's.
Overall numbers give us a better image as it covers the peak and downfall. Junaid has proved to be a better bowler over a longer period of time.
:junaid

What is the average of Bhuvi in this tournament? 55.66 right :)) our Talha average 30 and got more wickets in 2 matches than Bhuvi took in 4 matches so he is greater than bhuvi now just because of 2 matches?

Moosa accept the fact you are king of posting BS and finding excuses!!!

Ahmed shezad is the second highest scorer so that means he owned kohli,dhawan,sharma and pretty much every batsmen except sangakkara. ATG @kohlihack@

What contradict? I posted that few weeks ago and was under the impression Champions trophy was his only poor tournament.

But once again he failed in the Asia cup make me wonder if he is really that great? I mean when Rohit Sharma takes you to the cleaner, you have to be pretty ordinary. Right?

Rohit took Mitchell Johnson to the cleaners in India on phattas he can destroy anybody all that talunt

You want me to show a match where Warne was taken to cleaner by Sir Faisal Iqbal? Warne had to go out of the attack in that match so doest it make Warne a bad bowler? :)) BS theories by Moosa as usual

Rohit took Mitchell Johnson to the cleaners in India on phattas he can destroy anybody all that talunt

Show him the match where Faisal Iqbal took Shane Warne to cleaner this guy just post BS theories to cover up his team pathetic performance.

Mods end this thread. Its a troll house.
Wow. I have seen this thread multiple times being bumped when Bhuvi is bowling rubbish. Once Junaid is on the wrong side, thread should be closed?

Great going guys:)

So Sharjeel and Shehzad slapping Bhuvi means he is pretty ordinary.

Also going by your logic Kohli is pretty average after "ordinary" Junaid played him around for fun or when Gully worked him over this tourney? :13:

So Sharjeel and Shehzad slapping Bhuvi means he is pretty ordinary.

Also going by your logic Kohli is pretty average after "ordinary" Junaid played him around for fun or when Gully worked him over this tourney? :13:

and add another fact Kohli was probably hiding when Junaid was bowling he wasn't even want to face him :))

Wow. I have seen this thread multiple times being bumped when Bhuvi is bowling rubbish. Once Junaid is on the wrong side, thread should be closed?

Great going guys:)

Thread should be ended bcz junaid has far beaten bhuvneshwar kumar and there is no comparison left anymore. If you cant see that then you are truly biased.

One bowler 45 matches 73 wickets avg 23
one 34 matches 37 wickets and avg 36...

And wow kohli has to be a pretty big hack to get out to gul. right.

Poor logic on your part. Some low class trolling.

Thread should be ended bcz junaid has far beaten bhuvneshwar kumar and there is no comparison left anymore. If you cant see that then you are truly biased.

One bowler 45 matches 73 wickets avg 23
one 34 matches 37 wickets and avg 36...

And wow kohli has to be a pretty big hack to get out to gul. right.

Poor logic on your part. Some low class trolling.
Yea but its long proven that overall Junaid > BK.

But I have never seen you object to the numerous bumping of this thread previously (read last few pages).

Why now? Double standards? :13:

Yea but its long proven that overall Junaid > BK.

But I have never seen you object to the numerous bumping of this thread previously (read last few pages).

Why now? Double standards? :13:

What double standards. I have always had problem with these threads being bumped. I have always said on numerous junaid threads like junaid future great and ajmal a class above that they dont have to be bumped after every series,every and success and every failure.
Infact its you who is contradicting himself. First say its no comparison and now this. Stop embarrassing yourself and stop bumping these useless threads. Couple of more matches and bhuvi will have more matches then wickets.
I am gonna leave you to troll over here alone. Enjoy your own ignorance.

THIS!

parosis are worrying about our bowlers even they know we can unearth another pacer every months. They have seen Talha now we will give them more surprise packages like Sadaf Hussain and Mir Hamza etc

Junaid didn't bowl badly at all in this tournament. Plus he played one match less than Bhuvan in which he could have taken 5 :akhtar

I'm pretty sure Junaid will pull up his socks for the finals and put up a great performance. This thread is nothing but beating a dead horse.

Who keeps bumping this thread? It's a no-contest, we all know Junaid is the better bowler.

The JK vs Shami thread makes more sense. A little more. :p

So called future ATG has bowling average of 177, Eco of 5.72 with 1 wickets from 4 matches in Asia cup.
While Talha bowler has bowling average of 55.66, Eco of 4.72 with 3 wickets.
Both were rubbish in this Asia cup but Bhuvi had good economy.

Looks like having a lots of expectations on Junaid puts a pressure on him to perform on main stages. That's why I said no doubt Junaid is decent bowler but you should not hype him too much. There is crazy hype about him on PP.

Hope both these bowlers do well in ICC WC - T20

Last edited by a moderator:
Why does the hype hurt you so much? Besides if hyping a pacer who averges 23 with an eco of under 5 and s/r in mid 20s who had a few off days is crazy hype then .....

Who keeps bumping this thread? It's a no-contest, we all know Junaid is the better bowler.

The JK vs Shami thread makes more sense. A little more. :p

While you are at checking stats, why don't you compare the stats of their whole careers?

One person calls JK an ATG and people label him that forever :facepalm:

If I remember correctly most people laughed it off and said at best he'd be a Pakistani great, so stop freaking calling him an ATG..

Shami is ordinary as well, he's had a decent start to his career but still goes for plenty on his off days.

Junaid on his off days goes for 70 at most, Shami goes for 80+

Last edited:
Juni will not make the team in T20 and will claim himself to be 'Rested' :p

I get the feeling Kumar has a better chance to compete in T20s.

Oh, I'm one away from 1000. :D

He has been extremely poor in the last few months.Healthy criticism should be accepted.

Last edited:
Junaid Khan has the capability to be a future ATG.

:D

I am certain, you can bookmark this post if you want to but one year from now you won't be disagreeing with me.

Bhuvneshwar has proved to be quite harmless most of the times, but Junaid has started looking even more ordinary now. The only thing keeping him in Pak 11 is the drought of fast bowling talent in Pakistan.

Both had excellent starts, but are becoming increasingly ordinary by the day.

Bhuvi - I can understand given the lineage he comes from. Junaid has proven to be a bigger disappointment (I like that though!).

Juni and Shami or Juni and Bhuvi?

This Asia Cup has really hurt JK's numbers.

Whichever you want to. Shami has worse economy rate and worse average. Bhuvi has a slightly better economy rate but way high average.

Whichever you want to. Shami has worse economy rate and worse average. Bhuvi has a slightly better economy rate but way high average.

And both play on much worst tracks...let's ignore that
Let's ignore the average score in those matches and average of all other bowlers including Mitchell Johnson who went for over 6 rpo on pattas

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bhuvneshwar has proved to be quite harmless most of the times, but Junaid has started looking even more ordinary now. The only thing keeping him in Pak 11 is the drought of fast bowling talent in Pakistan.
Pakistan have lost Amir, Asif and Irfan, who have India lost?..

Does it matter ?
No it doesn't but I feel Electron is looking for trouble.

Point is if you take the 3 best fast bowlers away from every country and they'd all struggle.

Last edited:

I think from outsider perspective u guys should try to find guys who can seam and swing the ball rather than pace
As u guys are really skillful there but I have seen useless guys with little bit more pace being pushed..

Even akram was more about swing than pace and u guys were famous for it more than pace IMO even if waqar is hyped for pace for me his greatness was reverse swinging Yorkers rather than being quick

And both play on much worst tracks...let's ignore that
Let's ignore the average score in those matches and average of all other bowlers including Mitchell Johnson who went for over 6 rpo on pattas

What are you talking about? As I said, you only talk on the basis of these Asia Cup matches. You forget about how Junaid performed on Indian wickets. Here are the stats for you. No prizes for guessing which one is of Junaid and which one is of Shami.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 106
  • Capture2.jpg
    Capture2.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 102
What are you talking about? As I said, you only talk on the basis of these Asia Cup matches. You forget about how Junaid performed on Indian wickets. Here are the stats for you. No prizes for guessing which one is of Junaid and which one is of Shami.

Man I will not reply to u again after this on this topic

Those tracks against pak were in winter in Northern India and in wet conditions and they seamed and swing prodigiously specially in morning session

Juniad after that has not been able to swing the ball into right handlers and bhuvan has not looked half as threatening to prove my point but shami got into team only after that and debuted there and tracks have had average score of over 300 in India since and he out bowled likes of Johnson .

I will say again I am not saying shami is better than juniad but let's not compare them statistically when they play on different tracks let's compare in matches played in same tournament or series ..hope this helps

Junaid has been very poor in multi national tournaments like Champions Trophy and Asia Cup. Averaged 102 and 177 respectively.

Shami has averaged around 25 in all conditions. B Kumar has very good economy rate.

Ok so wickets in India were bowling friendly, what about the wickets in UAE?

Ok so wickets in India were bowling friendly, what about the wickets in UAE?

Shami did not bowl in UAE and guys like Finn picked wickets for fun
And so did starc,patto etc while Australian side was giving almost 350 runs in every game in India

OK OK wickets in UAE are very bowling friendly. Fine.

OK OK wickets in UAE are very bowling friendly. Fine.

Not pattas...they are good wickets IMO and that's why I follow pak matches now a days
Every quick bowler has gotten something out specially in Odis while in India matches go over 300 easily

Good example will be pak batting which cannot make 250 normally there ...easily makes 250 here in Bangladesh

OK mate Shami is a world beater. Junaid is a no one. Let's just end it here.

Not pattas...they are good wickets IMO and that's why I follow pak matches now a days

Every quick bowler has gotten something out specially in Odis while in India matches go over 300 easily

Good example will be pak batting which cannot make 250 normally there ...easily makes 250 here in Bangladesh

What is this crap? The uae has the most lifeless wickets- no swing/seam/spin. Did you not watch the test series vs SL? Shami has played in SA and NZ both which have the best swinging conditions so that is no excuse at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What is this crap? The uae has the most lifeless wickets- no swing/seam/spin. Did you not watch the test series vs SL? Shami has played in SA and NZ both which have the best swinging conditions so that is no excuse at all.

Irony here is almost overwhelming..

Sorry but no nz and South Africa did not had swinging conditions in Odis
Only first odi in South Africa had it otherwise tracks have been flat and it's not like he failed

Also we are talking about Odis and not just Sri Lanka one

Why not mention South Africa,Australia,England who all got plenty of wickets

Finn getting 4 wickets in every match comes to mind

Pakistan have lost Amir, Asif and Irfan, who have India lost?..

Point is if you take the 3 best fast bowlers away from every country and they'd all struggle.

You sing this Amir/Asif song more than Pakistani posters here. Both of them are not eligible to be a part of International Cricket right now. Obviously my comments will be aimed at the players who are playing Cricket. If there was a proper replacement, then Junaid wouldn't have found a place in Pak Vs Sri Lanka Final.

What about my comment suggested to you that I was looking for trouble ? I have called Indian batsmen a bunch of hacks during match days. Didn't see anyone get so offended or reminding me about the absence of Dhoni, Raina and Yuvraj.

Only first odi in South Africa had it otherwise tracks have been flat and it's not like he failed

So basically what you are trying to say is wherever Junaid plays, the tracks are all lively and great for bowling.But when Shami turns up, miraculously all life is sucked out and they become phattas??

Cos Finn is 10x the bowler Shami ever would be. In terms of SA, it was Steyn and comparing him with shami well- no comment. And we saw the NZ tracks where it was swinging miles so thats a pathetic excuse. We can make the case that when Junaid bowled in SA, it was flat but fact is Shami and co historically and simply are not good enough :nehra.

So basically what you are trying to say is wherever Junaid plays, the tracks are all lively and great for bowling.But when Shami turns up, miraculously all life is sucked out and they become phattas??

No iam saying is watch matches instead of finding these weird correlations .
UAE tracks have been normal supporting neither bowling nor batting and runs are hard to score while places shami has played runs have been much more easier

It has been very short period of 7 months tbh so it's not really that unusual that one guy gets to bowl on certain type of tracks

Let's review as it's very easy

I don't have to prove tracks were flat for shami they were for every one to see a out junaid I don't remember anything special he has done in England and now here outside UAE
Even in South Africa he was average and had stats similar to shami

Comparing Junaid with Shami is as ridiculous as comparing him with Bhuvneshwar Kumar.

Cos Finn is 10x the bowler Shami ever would be. In terms of SA, it was Steyn and comparing him with shami well- no comment. And we saw the NZ tracks where it was swinging miles so thats a pathetic excuse. We can make the case that when Junaid bowled in SA, it was flat but fact is Shami and co historically and simply are not good enough :nehra.

Ok so ur judging shami based on what bowlers did in past ? It hi k I made my point here and u have nothing solid to comment back and u start making run of historically weak bowling India had which I am not even disputing

Entire damn argument was why shami is little expensive not that he is atg bowler or best bowler in world . He has bowled on pattas there is no disputing that so his economy is one run higher than junaid who has bowled on slower tracks where runs are harder u can check average score of all teams and compare average economy of all other bowlers who played those matches

Fact is Johnson was as expensive as shami ,fact is every other bowler in New Zealand got smacked on flat tracks by likes of jadeja also fact is this very same site said tracks India got in nz and South Africa were flat...dispute these instead of arguing with me about history

Btw junaid did nothing in South Africa too ...and nz never swung miles I don't know why you are confusing test with Odis

No iam saying is watch matches instead of finding these weird correlations .
UAE tracks have been normal supporting neither bowling nor batting and runs are hard to score while places shami has played runs have been much more easier

It has been very short period of 7 months tbh so it's not really that unusual that one guy gets to bowl on certain type of tracks

Let's review as it's very easy

I don't have to prove tracks were flat for shami they were for every one to see a out junaid I don't remember anything special he has done in England and now here outside UAE
Even in South Africa he was average and had stats similar to shami

You have just said that Shami performed similarly to Junaid in SA :facepalm: it shows terrible fanboyism. Junaid almost singlehandedly won us the game that one us the series whilst shami was being taken to the cleaners-- by miller, duminy and de Kock. All of which were dismantled by Junaid. Apart from the Asia cup and CT, junaid has been very very good.

A better idea would be too see how many 350 par scores wickets did Junaid bowl on. The wickets he got in India were pace friendly, and even Bhuvneshwar looked unplayable at times there.

Shami has bowled on phattas where Mitchell Jhonson with all his recent 150kph venom was taken apart by Dhawan and company. Add the fact that Shami has ZERO support from the other end.
It's good to hype your player.. that's what die-hard fans do, and it's awesome. But making sense is important too.

Ok so ur judging shami based on what bowlers did in past ? It hi k I made my point here and u have nothing solid to comment back and u start making run of historically weak bowling India had which I am not even disputing

Entire damn argument was why shami is little expensive not that he is atg bowler or best bowler in world . He has bowled on pattas there is no disputing that so his economy is one run higher than junaid who has bowled on slower tracks where runs are harder u can check average score of all teams and compare average economy of all other bowlers who played those matches

Fact is Johnson was as expensive as shami ,fact is every other bowler in New Zealand got smacked on flat tracks by likes of jadeja also fact is this very same site said tracks India got in nz and South Africa were flat...dispute these instead of arguing with me about history

Btw junaid did nothing in South Africa too ...and nz never swung miles I don't know why you are confusing test with Odis

Im saying historically and currently. Shami had the best conditions to bowl out but still got clobbered whilst a NZ player earned a 5fer on debut- there is no other way of putting it. People were saying those tracks were flat to show how badly india lost. Your pacers were toothless vs SA too and india only played 2 weeks after pak had won there.

You have just said that Shami performed similarly to Junaid in SA :facepalm: it shows terrible fanboyism. Junaid almost singlehandedly won us the game that one us the series whilst shami was being taken to the cleaners-- by miller, duminy and de Kock. All of which were dismantled by Junaid. Apart from the Asia cup and CT, junaid has been very very good.

I remember hi getting to cleaners by Amla and abdv too
Shami just got 2 real games to bowl and if u go and just do a decent thing of even checking score card umwill know he was not taken to cleaners
He was the only guy who actually took wickets

We lost those games before great ash win averaged over 200 and our captain kept playing him cos he did not wanted to get banned by playing extra seamer .

Im saying historically and currently. Shami had the best conditions to bowl out but still got clobbered whilst a NZ player earned a 5fer on debut- there is no other way of putting it. People were saying those tracks were flat to show how badly india lost. Your pacers were toothless vs SA too and india only played 2 weeks after pak had won there.

He did not had best conditions
Just because match takes place in New Zealand does not make it good tracks for bowlers

And Pakistan won cos of bhatti and co we lost cos of ashwin and Mohit sharma who were totally useless for other end while this guy was only one picking wickets

I do t even know argument here as he did not actually failed in New Zealand or South Africa he wa only guy who actually did well there for us.

So true.Pure Fanboyism. Forget good.He has been excellent.Before the Asia cup he had the best average and the best strike rate for a fast bowler in the history of ODI cricket, that too playing mostly on the roads of UAE. Now he has dropped to fourth on the list.Was the best bowler of the previous year and was clinical in our win in SA.How may bowlers average 23 with a strike rate of 29 and carry an economy of under 5 while also bowling at death in today's era. Some people just have to talk and can't understand that anyone can have 2-3 bad games.And yet people are comparing him to Shami.:facepalm:

I remember hi getting to cleaners by Amla and abdv too

Shami just got 2 real games to bowl and if u go and just do a decent thing of even checking score card umwill know he was not taken to cleaners

He was the only guy who actually took wickets

We lost those games before great ash win averaged over 200 and our captain kept playing him cos he did not wanted to get banned by playing extra seamer .

His economy rate was way to high and the player who was good in bowling was :kohli that is the ultimate insult yet its true. He isn't a Johnson who would get wickets regardless of his economy.

Let me just finish it with stats.

In South Africa, ODI Cricket

Junaid Khan -
Matches -7
Wickets - 11
Average -26
SR - 31.6
Economy rate - 4.9

Shami Ahmed

Matches - 3
Wcikets - 9
Average - 20.55
SR - 18.6
Economy rate - 6.6

What are blind Junaid fans talking about here ? Atleast back your words with something more substantial than mere opinion. :junaid
Let's bring up the Asia Cup stats too if you want .. :D

So true.Pure Fanboyism. Forget good.He has been excellent.Before the Asia cup he had the best average and the best strike rate for a fast bowler in the history of ODI cricket, that too playing mostly on the roads of UAE. Now he has dropped to fourth on the list.Was the best bowler of the previous year and was clinical in our win in SA.How may bowlers average 23 with a strike rate of 29 and carry an economy of under 5 while also bowling at death in today's era. Some people just have to talk and can't understand that anyone can have 2-3 bad games.And yet people are comparing him to Shami.:facepalm:

I think it's ur blind hate that u cannot appreciate what shami is doing
I never even said shami is better it's ur insecurity which makes u defends juniad for no reason

I was just defending shami being expensive who had bowled on tracks where average score was over 300 against Aussies
He bowled on tracks where jadeja was hitting sixes for fun and so was ashwin

And I just said it's unfair to compare economy of his pleae go and read how whole discussion started instead of arguing something which was not being argued in first place and wasting my time for no reason

Let me just finish it with stats.

In South Africa, ODI Cricket

Junaid Khan -
Matches -7
Wickets - 11
Average -26
SR - 31.6
Economy rate - 4.9

Shami Ahmed

Matches - 3
Wcikets - 9
Average - 20.55
SR - 18.6
Economy rate - 6.6

What are blind Junaid fans talking about here ? Atleast back your words with something more substantial than mere opinion. :junaid
Let's bring up the Asia Cup stats too if you want .. :D

In short shami is wicket taker
He proved in these stats
He proved in Asia cup and he proved that in New Zealand

His economy rate was way to high and the player who was good in bowling was :kohli that is the ultimate insult yet its true. He isn't a Johnson who would get wickets regardless of his economy.

Another baseless statement
Johnson has gotten creamed in India,England and again against England in Odis

Back