Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

His economy rate was way to high and the player who was good in bowling was :kohli that is the ultimate insult yet its true. He isn't a Johnson who would get wickets regardless of his economy.
Amla was failing terribly vs pak and was out of form by his standards yet he was still regularly producing 150+ stands. So this excuse of junaid not getting wickets upfront is stupid too as he regularly got de Kock and graeme smith. The excuse of pattas is also stupid since junaid plays on the same type spin or no bowling friendly wickets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continued it by accident cos of my phone lol

Last edited:

U don't get concept of team doing well and person doing and their differences
As showed by stats shami took tons of wickets while others did not

India failed but shami did not and about going for runs..anyone who saw those Odis knows they were flat...people here on this site said they were flat so I dontknow what ur coming. From .

I am getting bored now
Everything u have said has been proven wrong with stats alone and I still will say tracks were flat and he bowled without support and still did well

You are grossly under rating shami just because he is Indian while I have not said a word against junaid..fanboy ,hate ,bias call me anything I don't care but fact is until now shami has picked wickets everywhere he played and most of them being flat tracks .

You have just said that Shami performed similarly to Junaid in SA :facepalm: it shows terrible fanboyism.

Let me just finish it with stats.

In South Africa, ODI Cricket

Junaid Khan -
Matches -7
Wickets - 11
Average -26
SR - 31.6
Economy rate - 4.9

Shami Ahmed

Matches - 3
Wcikets - 9
Average - 20.55
SR - 18.6
Economy rate - 6.6

What are blind Junaid fans talking about here ? Atleast back your words with something more substantial than mere opinion. :junaid
Let's bring up the Asia Cup stats too if you want .. :D

I will add Asia Cup stats too...

Asia Cup - 2014

Junaid Khan -

Matches - 4
Wickets - 1
Avg - 177
SR - 186
Economy - 5.7

Shami

Matches - 4
Wickets - 9
Avg - 25.55
SR - 24.8
Economy - 6.16

Now what do you think Haz95 ? Biased Indian fanboys .. ? You didn't even bother replying my answer :D

Last edited:
Juniad averages 102 in England ..clearly they were green tracks cos after all every track outside subcontinent is bowling friendly .

I will add Asia Cup stats too...

Asia Cup - 2014

Junaid Khan -

Matches - 4
Wickets - 1
Avg - 177
SR - 186
Economy - 5.7

Shami

Matches - 4
Wickets - 9
Avg - 25.55
SR - 24.8

Now what do you think Haz95 ? Biased Indian fanboys .. ? :wasim

Lets add their career stats as well.Shall we? And while you are at it,why don't you exclude the Asia cup and then see the career stats, since you quite cleverly brought up Asia cup to make Shami look the second coming of lillee.

Lets add their career stats as well.Shall we? And while you are at it,why don't you exclude the Asia cup and then see the career stats, since you quite cleverly brought up Asia cup to make Shami look the second coming of lillee.

Just go 8 posts back and you will see that my reply was to Haz95's senseless post. He asked for it, so he got it in stats.

Let's add stats where they both have played for sake of objectively
Or are u saying stats from overs bowled in India where runs of over 300 were scored in every game were compareable to stats where average score was less than 250 ?

Let's add stats where they both have played for sake of objectively
Or are u saying stats from overs bowled in India where runs of over 300 were scored in every game were compareable to stats where average score was less than 250 ?

Well to my limited knowledge,during this recent series vs Sri Lanka in the UAE the average score was also 300.And guess what Juni did??

In Odis ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yes my dear friend in ODI's here you go:

259551.html

Anything else??

Last edited:
U don't get concept of team doing well and person doing and their differences

As showed by stats shami took tons of wickets while others did not

India failed but shami did not and about going for runs..anyone who saw those Odis knows they were flat...people here on this site said they were flat so I dontknow what ur coming. From .

See, using the flat track excuse again. 2 weeks before, pak were playing there and everyone was struggling to cross 250 and suddenly they became flat? The first pitch was 250 max but india allowed 100 more runs. Shami, bhuvi and co all were walloped

See, using the flat track excuse again. 2 weeks before, pak were playing there and everyone was struggling to cross 250 and suddenly they became flat? The first pitch was 250 max but india allowed 100 more runs. Shami, bhuvi and co all were walloped

Why can't u judge matches by watching them Instead of trying to judge them by what other team did ?
Also even if what u say is true shami averaged less than junaid so that is that...why are we even arguing about it ?

Cannot see it
So every match had score above 300 and both team averaged over 300 in whole series ?
I highly doubt it

Okay here it is:

Career averages:

Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5
46 46 360.5 23 1804 74 4/12 24.37 4.99 29.2 3 0
5 5 40.5 0 209 13 3/31 16.07 5.11 18.8 0 0

Last edited:
Okay here it is:

Career averages:

Mat Inns Overs Mdns Runs Wkts BBI Ave Econ SR 4 5
unfiltered 46 46 360.5 23 1804 74 4/12 24.37 4.99 29.2 3 0
filtered 5 5 40.5 0 209 13 3/31 16.07 5.11 18.8 0 0

Please explain...

Please explain...

Junaid Khan:

Average: 16.07

Strike rate:18.8

Economy:5.1

All this in a series played on the flat pancakes of U.A.E where the average score was 300.So your flat tracks in India argument goes down the drain there...

Junaid Khan:

Average: 16.07

Strike rate:18.8

Economy:5.1

All this in a series played on the flat pancakes of U.A.E where the average score was 300.So your flat tracks in India argument goes down the drain there...

Pleae give me link of series cos I follow every series in cricket and don't remember any series in UAE where average score was above 300 in whole series

Why can't u judge matches by watching them Instead of trying to judge them by what other team did ?
Also even if what u say is true shami averaged less than junaid so that is that...why are we even arguing about it ?

Cos you are cherry picking stats..In south africa, the 3 match series before Indias a few weeks, these are Junaids figures:
Best Figures of 3/42, 20average, 4.7 economy and 25.5Sr
how is Shami's any better? The exact same pitches, the same conditions, a time gap of just under 2 weeks.

Cos you are cherry picking stats..In south africa, the 3 match series before Indias a few weeks, these are Junaids figures:
Best Figures of 3/42, 20average, 4.7 economy and 25.5Sr
how is Shami's any better? The exact same pitches, the same conditions, a time gap of just under 2 weeks.

Conditions were not same also u are cherry picking stats here
Now it's juniad in his 2 nd series is better than shami in South Africa? What crap is this?

Over all shami has better stats in South Africa without any practice match and even while being a pure rookie ..you sir are the one cherry picking series for ur benefit not me

Pleae give me link of series cos I follow every series in cricket and don't remember any series in UAE where average score was above 300 in whole series

Okay here is the link.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-sri-lanka-2013-14/content/series/657625.html

Also I should have said par score was 300(sorry for that), because the 4th and 5th ODIs were not that high scoring.But as you will see that in the 4th OdI Pakistan won comfortably and I remember in the 5th ODI Lanka were going fine until Junaid produced a brilliant spell in the middle overs to get Pak back into the game.

Okay here is the link.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan-v-sri-lanka-2013-14/content/series/657625.html

Also I should have said par score was 300(sorry for that), because the 4th and 5th ODIs were not that high scoring.But as you will see that in the 4th OdI Pakistan won comfortably and I remember in the 5th ODI Lanka were going fine until Junaid produced a brilliant spell in the middle overs to get Pak back into the game.

Sorry but this is no where close to what we had against Australia
Par score was 350 and average score for teams was over 300 and that against Australian bowling line up and only one bowler came in And had average less than 25 and that was shami

Even Johnson had average of 32

Now it's juniad in his 2 nd series is better than shami in South Africa? What crap is this?

Over all shami has better stats in South Africa without any practice match and even while being a pure rookie ..you sir are the one cherry picking series for ur benefit not me

How is he cherry picking the stats. he just answered your claim about how the conditions were different.Its not his fault the India seamers got spanked all around the park on what was the most bouncy wicket I had seen in a long time for an ODI in SA.Also there was considerable movement in both the first and second game as shown by the SA seamers.

Also mate I never said juniaf is crap u can se my posts here I am his huge fan

U guys are the one dunker rating shami cos he is Indian

Fact is he has better average than Judaid in South Africa ,he had better average than Johnson in India in that night mare series and he picked wickets consistent in every place he has played so I will not tolerate peole calling his tundler just because he is Indian .

He is pure wicket taker who has bowled on absolute pattas and came back with tons of wickets with little higher economy while juniad has picked less wickets with lower economy ..
It's jot about who is better it's about people callings same tundlsr,uselss and some one who cannot be compared yo juniad at all who himself is just a. Rookie and not some atg

No, you see you are using the exact same weak argument again. Don't you remember what Steyn was doing to Nohit and Dhawan? Don't you remember how Morkel and Tsotsobe were bowling like ATGs and swinging it considerably? No, it seems. Junaid only became a regular after cementing his spot when he dismantled India and that's when Shami debuted too. The previous Series in SA was a learning curve too so that's a weak argument. From the most recent series in SA, Junaid clearly won it as like I've said, he won the 2nd ODI almost alone(with some Ajmal magic too). The real deal will be in NZ and I can bet on it that Junaid will perform far better than Shami did and hopefully by then we won't have a negative bowling coach either making the chances even stronger
And I'm not calling Shami crap..He's a pretty good prospect considering India's history of Fast bowlers :nehra. But the pattas argument is invalid as Junaid bowls on just as bad, if not worse wickets.

Last edited:
How is he cherry picking the stats. he just answered your claim about how the conditions were different.Its not his fault the India seamers got spanked all around the park on what was the most bouncy wicket I had seen in a long time for an ODI in SA.Also there was considerable movement in both the first and second game as shown by the SA seamers.

There was movement I. First game and he bowled without practice

How come juniad could not buy wicket on track where Pakistan were bowed out for 50 ?
He still averages less than juniad simple as that.

No, you see you are using the exact same weak argument again. Don't you remember what Steyn was doing to Nohit and Dhawan? Don't you remember how Morkel and Tsotsobe were bowling like ATGs and swinging it considerably? No, it seems. Junaid only became a regular after cementing his spot when he dismantled India and that's when Shami debuted too. The previous Series in SA was a learning curve too so that's a weak argument. From the most recent series in SA, Junaid clearly won it as like I've said, he won the 2nd ODI almost alone(with some Ajmal magic too). The real deal will be in NZ and I can bet on it that Junaid will perform far better than Shami did and hopefully by then we won't have a negative bowling coach either making the chances even stronger

I don't rate rohit or dhawan
Rohit made Bangladeshi bowlers look like that he is pure crap and hack who does not knows where his off stump is
Who is does not I've his front foot towards the ball and chases wide balls and get beaten again and again

Steyn actually did not pict one ball on off stump on that whole spell all swung from out side off

Juniad averages 103 in England during same tournament Bhuvan was destroying same teams in same group on same tracks

Juniad averages 103 in England during same tournament Bhuvan was destroying same teams in same group on same tracks

And I'm not calling Shami crap..He's a pretty good prospect considering India's history of Fast bowlers :nehra. But the pattas argument is invalid as Junaid bowls on just as bad, if not worse wickets.

Please tell me how is it different ?were tracks in England helping quick bowlers ?

So bhuvan doing well in England proves tracks were green and were full of pace and movement and juniad failed on them ? Right ?

That's why I hate the logic of judging performance of one guy based on some series even if it was week away cos tracks change character in matter of hours in test matches and we all know that

Judge tracks based on matches played on the day not with matches played in last series.

I don't rate rohit or dhawan
Rohit made Bangladeshi bowlers look like that he is pure crap and hack who does not knows where his off stump is
Who is does not I've his front foot towards the ball and chases wide balls and get beaten again and again

Steyn actually did not pict one ball on off stump on that whole spell all swung from out side off
OK, so now you are saying you don't rate rohit or dhawan and that Steyn was only swinging outside off stump? Fact of the matter is, there was a lot of bounce and swing ready. The SA bowlers made merry whilst the Indians got tonked for 100 more than the par total. Just admit that you guys failed terribly like Junaid did in the CT or Asia cup.
And the CT itself was an ICC even, naturally making it a batting wicket :sachin but even I can admit Junaid simply failed there which you seem to can't. And also, the SA line up is probably the best ODI batting line up in the world currently and Junaid regularly troubled them whilst Shami has troubled only Windies and co. He was toothless vs Pak and SL, yes even PAK where Sharjeel and Shehzad were walloping him effortlessly.

OK, so now you are saying you don't rate rohit or dhawan and that Steyn was only swinging outside off stump? Fact of the matter is, there was a lot of bounce and swing ready. The SA bowlers made merry whilst the Indians got tonked for 100 more than the par total. Just admit that you guys failed terribly like Junaid did in the CT or Asia cup.
And the CT itself was an ICC even, naturally making it a batting wicket :sachin but even I can admit Junaid simply failed there which you seem to can't. And also, the SA line up is probably the best ODI batting line up in the world currently and Junaid regularly troubled them whilst Shami has troubled only Windies and co. He was toothless vs Pak and SL, yes even PAK where Sharjeel and Shehzad were walloping him effortlessly.

We batted badly and took time to adjust
Rohit made mockery of himself even in tests on so called flat tracks,
Also only first match was played on good track I told that already

Last edited:
Shami went for under 5 rpo against pak after bowling at death
Junior went for over 6 rpo against rayadu and Karthik and jadeja ...let's not even compare Asia cup

Also shami averaged less against South Africa in both tests and Odis so I don't seriously see now junaid troubled South Africa more

Please see stats on last page

Anyway I am done here .it does not matter if u rate him or no ..I can't make anyone change their mind I just wanted to show what exactly happened and wanted to bust myth about shami failing

Even if tracks were green and swinging like leg spin...shami averaged less than juniad there simple as that.so he is not crap and it does not make him better than juniad either but next time peole here should look at matches being played instead of judging players on history

Also shami averaged less against South Africa in both tests and Odis so I don't seriously see now junaid troubled South Africa more

Please see stats on last page

Anyway I am done here .it does not matter if u rate him or no ..I can't make anyone change their mind I just wanted to show what exactly happened and wanted to bust myth about shami failing

Even if tracks were green and swinging like leg spin...shami averaged less than juniad there simple as that.so he is not crap and it does not make him better than juniad either but next time peole here should look at matches being played instead of judging players on history
I already proved that Juni averaged less...you do realise 20 is less thant 24 don't you :irfan?
But if you don't wanna argue, then allow it

I already proved that Juni averaged less...you do realise 20 is less thant 24 don't you :irfan?
But if you don't wanna argue, then allow it

Let me just finish it with stats.

In South Africa, ODI Cricket

Junaid Khan -
Matches -7
Wickets - 11
Average -26
SR - 31.6
Economy rate - 4.9

Shami Ahmed

Matches - 3
Wcikets - 9
Average - 20.55
SR - 18.6
Economy rate - 6.6

What are blind Junaid fans talking about here ? Atleast back your words with something more substantial than mere opinion. :junaid
Let's bring up the Asia Cup stats too if you want .. :D

How?

Last edited:
So u are ignoring bad matches of juniad and saying he is better than shami :))?
No, Junaid had been playing for only 1 month properly in ODIs. Both him and Shami started regularly post-2013.
The latest series in SA for both Ind and Pak, Junaid outperformed Shami marginally.

No, Junaid had been playing for only 1 month properly in ODIs. Both him and Shami started regularly post-2013.
The latest series in SA for both Ind and Pak, Junaid outperformed Shami marginally.

Come on ..I am not gonna refute this cos it's too stupid
Even if u compare matches played before that series juniad is much more experienced

Shami was not even a regular in side during South Africa tour and played only 3 continuous matches before that while juniad was playing test cricket for Pakistan
He was winning them series in India and played full odi series before that

Ur argument actually favors shami more

Let's ignore bad match of shami too and he will average less than 20 maybe 15 :yk

U know this is such a bad argument
Ignore bad series of juniad and include only good one and compare it with all matches of shami

What next Dravid was greater than tendulkar based on 2004 series in Australia ?

U know this is such a bad argument
Ignore bad series of juniad and include only good one and compare it with all matches of shami

What next Dravid was greater than tendulkar based on 2004 series in Australia ?
no, cos I am using their most recent performances. If I wanted to, I could have included him vs SL in the ODIs where he was an absolute beast and regularly bowled unplayable yorkers. But since they both played vs the same opponents in the same conditions not a real difference apart on sporting wickets, it shows who's better. Now u can't use the argument that Junaid gets sporting wickets when Shami doesn't. They both bowl on pattas where Junaid outperforms(same amount of wickets, same SR but Junaids economy is lightyears ahead). and on sporting wickets Junaid is superior

Please juniad has not bowled on any patta and ur not including whole series of juniad which was played on same tracks...if this is not bias then I don't know
I guess on this site selective stats to suit ur point is famous but I can tell un
Even now guy who takes 9 wickets in 3 games in first series which u conveniently chose to not include in case of ur favourite bowler is better than 11 or 12 wickets in 7 game anyday with any stats

So in case of juniad his first series in South Africa does not count but shami who has only bowled there once does not get that courtesy? You are breaking first rule of statistical comparison and that is consistency in data ..ur cannot pick and choose what ever u like I have seen joke of stats like that here and can assure u they have zero value

Not to mention shami had less experience than juniad in first place !

Last edited:
So in case of juniad his first series in South Africa does not count but shami who has only bowled there once does not get that courtesy? You are breaking first rule of statistical comparison and that is consistency in data ..ur cannot pick and choose what ever u like I have seen joke of stats like that here and can assure u they have zero value

Not to mention shami had less experience than juniad in first place !
no, they've the same amount of experience in ODIs..Before Ind series, Junaid played one proper series.
Shami played vs PAK, Windies, NZ, SA. Two of which on sporting wickets too.
Fact of the matter is, Junaid is better on sporting and on pattas.

no, they've the same amount of experience in ODIs..Before Ind series, Junaid played one proper series.
Shami played vs PAK, Windies, NZ, SA. Two of which on sporting wickets too.
Fact of the matter is, Junaid is better on sporting and on pattas.

Shami played one match vs pak
One match in windies and series against Zimbabwe it's not matter of what u think
Juniad played full test series against big sides before that series thre is no comparison

Fact is juniad averages 103 in sporting English wickets
Averages more than shami in sporting South Africa wickets and sucks hard in Asia cup on pattas

It's 9 wickets vs 1 wicket on pattas

Bhuvaneshwar taking India to another ICC trophy...

...while Junaid watches in the sidelines.

There hasn't been much between them for long now, judging by some of the comments in this thread, you'd expect Junaid to be on a different planet.

Somebody compared this comparison to Marshall vs Sami :91:

I will take Bhuvenshwar over Junaid on current form, overall its pretty much a tie.

There is no doubt who the superior new ball bowler is though.

There hasn't been much between them for long now, judging by some of the comments in this thread, you'd expect Junaid to be on a different planet.

Somebody compared this comparison to Marshall vs Sami :91:

I will take Bhuvenshwar over Junaid on current form, overall its pretty much a tie.

There is no doubt who the superior new ball bowler is though.

spoken like a true Indian : junaid fans

spoken like a true Indian : junaid fans

Too many people got caught up in Junaid's hype after the Indian series.

The Champions Trophy should have been a wake up call but they did not learn.

Too many people got caught up in Junaid's hype after the Indian series.

The Champions Trophy should have been a wake up call but they did not learn.

But even bhuvi had an amazing series against pak so why was he downplayed so much and junaid hyped to the moon?

But even bhuvi had an amazing series against pak so why was he downplayed so much and junaid hyped to the moon?

because Junaid has an 8fer in tests not long ago against batting lineup having Sanga&Jaya.

Last edited:

Bhuvi stopped picking up wickets and that Australia vs India ODI series defamed a lot of bowlers.

Also, the most significant factor is and was that Junaid is a Pakistani while Bhuvi is Indian.

Bhuvi stopped picking up wickets and that Australia vs India ODI series defamed a lot of bowlers.

Also, the most significant factor is and was that Junaid is a Pakistani while Bhuvi is Indian.

In tests especially in the sub-continent junaid is still a better bowler due to his skills with the old ball.
In odi's I think bhuvi is a better bowler.

Junaid's reverse swing skills are unquestionable.

Bhuvi is obviously a better new ball bowler.

Overall till now, Junaid has been a better bowler in ODI's.

Bhuvi has recently done well and got back to form.

The worrisome part for Junaid is that he completely goes missing in tournaments which Bhuvi doesn't.

The saga continues.

Bhuvi is obviously a better new ball bowler.

Overall till now, Junaid has been a better bowler in ODI's.

Bhuvi has recently done well and got back to form.

The worrisome part for Junaid is that he completely goes missing in tournaments which Bhuvi doesn't.

The saga continues.

Just for once you answer my question sensibly, why you always says something bad about India?

Just for once you answer my question sensibly, why you always says something bad about India?

I am just speaking my views.

If you doubt it reg this topic, please read through this entire thread.

Bhuvi went through some horrid time.

One great match doesn't make everything.

If you saw my other comment a few days back, you would see me praising Bhuvi and how much hopes I had (and have) from him.

When he regressed (or looked to), I was disappointed.

Never thought Bhuvi would regress even though Indian bowlers regress a lot.

His coming back to form has been a total joy.

But no need to get carried away and call him as better than Junaid when Junaid has achieved way more in ODI's as an individual.

I am just speaking my views.

If you doubt it reg this topic, please read through this entire thread.

Bhuvi went through some horrid time.

One great match doesn't make everything.

If you saw my other comment a few days back, you would see me praising Bhuvi and how much hopes I had (and have) from him.

When he regressed (or looked to), I was disappointed.

Never thought Bhuvi would regress even though Indian bowlers regress a lot.

His coming back to form has been a total joy.

But no need to get carried away and call him as better than Junaid when Junaid has achieved way more in ODI's as an individual.

I only asking you this because you are making fun of an Indian cricketer in every message you posting
"Ishant Sharma - The greatest pace bowling legend"
I understand if it comes from non-Indians. but from some one calling him self Indian & also sensible.......

I think it's unfair to compare bowlers who have played so little but there is no denying that everything about Pakistani bowlers gets hyped up here. Junaid is a good bowler but he doesn't have anything in him which will make you tune up and watch him bowl as a neutral fan.

I haven't seen anyone in the last 5-7 years running through batting line up in 2 consecutive tests using the reverse swing the way Shami did. If not for SRT's last series, I woudl have missed it. He can swing the new ball both ways at good speed as well. Can you imagine how much hyped up he would have been for his skills if he was Pakistani? He doesn't have control some time but I am simply talking about skills here.

I am not saying that Pakistani bowling using is a bad one or Indians bowl better as a unit. I was making a different point.

I think it's unfair to compare bowlers who have played so little but there is no denying that everything about Pakistani bowlers gets hyped up here. Junaid is a good bowler but he doesn't have anything in him which will make you tune up and watch him bowl as a neutral fan.

I haven't seen anyone in the last 5-7 years running through batting line up in 2 consecutive tests using the reverse swing the way Shami did. If not for SRT's last series, I woudl have missed it. He can swing the new ball both ways at good speed as well. Can you imagine how much hyped up he would have been for his skills if he was Pakistani? He doesn't have control some time but I am simply talking about skills here.

I am not saying that Pakistani bowling using is a bad one or Indians bowl better as a unit. I was making a different point.

It was a statement made in the context of Bhuvi Vs Junaid argument.

Junaid has picked up a lot of crucial wickets with his reverse swing in many ODI's.

Yes, Shami's was amazing.

One is doing a fine/ok job for his captain while the other one can't even get into the playing 11 and keeps getting dropped. Is tanvir a better bowler than junaid? I don't think so. Junaid is low on confidence. Out of 50 matches he has bowled his full quota of overs only 7 times. You never see that with your strike bowler.

Shami is far better than Junaid and a better than Bhuvenshwar as well.

Most exciting prospect in the subcontinent at the moment.

I only asking you this because you are making fun of an Indian cricketer in every message you posting
I understand if it comes from non-Indians. but from some one calling him self Indian & also sensible.......

So if I am an Indian I can't make fun of Ishant?

When Indian bowlers do well, I praise them.

When they don't, I criticize them.

Other than that, I can have my own views and preferences.

Many don't know how highly I used to rate Ishant.

Still he is needed in Indian setup.

Junaid is being misused horribly. Captain has no confidence in him resulting in self-doubt resulting in crappy bowling. He tends to not turn up in ICC events as evidenced by the stats. BK on the other hand seems to bowl well in ICC tournaments inspite of his limitations. He has a good cricketing brain.

So what?? Being an indian doesn't mean you have to praise even ordinary players and hype them up. Ishant is a legend. Deal with it.

One is doing a fine/ok job for his captain while the other one can't even get into the playing 11 and keeps getting dropped. Is tanvir a better bowler than junaid? I don't think so. Junaid is low on confidence. Out of 50 matches he has bowled his full quota of overs only 7 times. You never see that with your strike bowler.

Misbah is very defensive captain. I don't understand why Junaid gets dropped. In my opinion, he is the best of the lot. He should bowl full overs most of the time. Problem comes due to Pakistan playing 6 bowlers. Any random captain can do a better job with 6 bowlers than 4 bowlers or at most 5 bowlers. It's like Pakistani doesn't trust 5 bowlers to do their job consistently.

Shami is far better than Junaid and a better than Bhuvenshwar as well.

Most exciting prospect in the subcontinent at the moment.

Shami may not be a better bowler but he surely has more skills in terms of variety than anyone else currently bowling in SC. He lacks control to be a clear better bowler. I think Pakistan should try out few fast bowlers. I am very sure that some exiting bowler is hiding around the corner and waiting to be discovered. Legacy of great bowlers don't die so easily. Cricket will be a lot richer then.

Last edited:
So what?? Being an indian doesn't mean you have to praise even ordinary players and hype them up. Ishant is a legend. Deal with it.

I understand you making fun of Viru after he had hurt your team badly in past, This is for some one calling himself Indian & making fun of an Indian player.

In the food chain, Junaid would be the leopard and Bhuvi would be a sheep.

I understand you making fun of Viru after he had hurt your team badly in past, This is for some one calling himself Indian & making fun of an Indian player.

Are you new to this forum?

Bhaag Viru Bhaag has been here for a long time.

Atleast longer than myself.

Whats wrong if he is critical of Ishant Sharma? You should be your own critic first before criticising others.

Whats wrong if he is critical of Ishant Sharma? You should be your own critic first before criticising others.

Absolutely nothing wrong being critical, and correct in being critical of your own player.
But making fun of him is not being critical at all. I do not think Ishant Sharma is a good bowler.
He had been good in past for us like many before him. Now he is playing badly, and should not be part of team. It happens with all the teams & many players.

Junaid is still miles ahead but on current form its bhuvi but what does it matter when he gets picked over Tanvir :hafeez

Absolutely nothing wrong being critical, and correct in being critical of your own player.
But making fun of him is not being critical at all. I do not think Ishant Sharma is a good bowler.
He had been good in past for us like many before him. Now he is playing badly, and should not be part of team. It happens with all the teams & many players.

A little humour is good, friend. Don't take these usernames and user opinions too personally. If you are permitted to deify players when they are doing good, then you can make fun when they are doing bad. Two sides of the same coin, one has no meaning without the other. That you are allowed to treat them like Gods when their going is good but you should keep mum when they are rubbish isn't fair to the intelligence of fans.

Kumar has been bowling well which is good to see, however to use 6 overs as proof that he is somehow a better bowler than Junaid is desperate.

Back