Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

it's true. he hasn't looked himself for a while now
If a few innings is a while, I bet most of our team has never performed!

I guess he's overworked, Ajmal's due a good, long rest. We depend on him too much, scared to go into even dead rubbers without him. We need to give other spinners a chance more often than not, and preferably in games where Ajmal's playing, so they can learn a thing or too. Same thing with young batsmen and Misbah/Younis.

With very few exceptions, comparing Pakistanis bowlers with Indians and Indian batsmen with Pakistanis is always futile.... the answer is pretty obvious

Bhuvneshwar Kumar vs Junaid Khan - Update!!!

This is an update to their odi stats and i thought we need an update now because the comparison was going on from a long time. Now it looks like there is no need to compare them in future. Junaid is ahead now by miles in both odi and test.

look at the odi performance of both
-

Attachments

• beekay.jpg
    beekay.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 511
IS JK averaging the best among bowlers in ODIs. ?? Can someone confirm this. Players who have played more than 40+ matches, in the past 2 years I mean

I chose the last three years. In those, among players who have bowled in 40 or more innings, Juni was 2nd. Ajmal topped the list with 19.71. JK is the best among fast bowlers though, closely followed by Johnson.

Here: http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...1;spanval2=span;template=results;type=bowling

Wow this was surreal man, never expected this from JK. And there are some people on PP who still doubt his talent :facepalm:

If he's best among the fast bowlers ATM then he is indeed very talented on par with amir I presume

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junaid vs McClaghan would a better contest!! Both beasts in ODIs

Did McClaghan play 40 odd Odis in the past 2 years ??? The query I believe was this specific fact.

Junaid vs McClaghan would a better contest!! Both are beasts in ODIs

In a Pak NZ game, going at 6rpo like McClenaghan could very easily do could be the match breaker because I'd doubt the RRs would generally be as high as they would in the NZ India series.

Not saying JK couldn't be expensive either, just MM would be more likely to go for more runs more often.

In a Pak NZ game, going at 6rpo like McClenaghan could very easily do could be the match breaker because I'd doubt the RRs would generally be as high as they would in the NZ India series.

Not saying JK couldn't be expensive either, just MM would be more likely to go for more runs more often.

I agree. Also I think JK is better death bowler than MM.

Anyways both of them are fantastic bowlers and have otherworldly stats in ODIs.

Where is BK?

40 or more innings.

B Kumar has fallen off a lot after bursting onto the scene. Kinda disappointing since I liked his attitude.

Khan is probably the best ODI pacer going around with Irfan probably in the top five.

Junaid is better, no doubt about it. But I think junaid has started bowling 126-128k in test matches. It will be interesting to see if he was tired or he has lost pace..

Junaid is better, no doubt about it. But I think junaid has started bowling 126-128k in test matches. It will be interesting to see if he was tired or he has lost pace..

He was constantly bowling in the 135 kph range and was no doubt restraining his pace so that he could get more overs in.

Was consistently bowling at 135, think the dead pitches don't help in motivating them to bend their backs but even still he had pretty respectable returns against Lanka.

Na his pace was 135 plus in his first and second spell's, it's when he came back for his third spell where his pace would drop to 130 but that's more to do with his intensity which with a bit of work he will maintain his pace throughout a test. In odi he consistently hit's 140.

Kumar isn't picking wickets these days. His ER is fine but that alone doesn't mean much.

You need wickets up front.

Junaid is ahead now, but if I have both in my team in any format, I won't give Junaid the new ball.

Kumar isn't picking wickets these days. His ER is fine but that alone doesn't mean much.

You need wickets up front.

Junaid is ahead now, but if I have both in my team in any format, I won't give Junaid the new ball.

even good ER is hard if you see the pitches.absolute roads.

however it'd be better to compare Junaid with Shami then BK.BK is not in same category

If you are not going to pick wickets then good economy rate on flat pitches doesn't mean much. You might get away with in the first spell but settled batsmen will target other balls including you in the 2nd and 3rd spell and that's what exactly is happening with India nowadays. In CT BK picked up early wickets and put pressure on the opposition, but since then he has been totally flat. He has no zip or variety to trouble batsmen in later spells so batsmen get on the top.

however it'd be better to compare Junaid with Shami then BK.BK is not in same category

Shamis is in the same position Kumar was last year. If I was an Indian fan, i would reserve my judgement on Shami until next year.

That good economy is also helped by the fact that he never bowls at the death. Imgine him against Corey Anderson.

That good economy is also helped by the fact that he never bowls at the death. Imgine him against Corey Anderson.

he has bowled in death in both ODIs here.

bowling at the death also gets wickets due to batsmen slogging.so it goes both ways

Last edited:
he has bowled in death in both ODIs here.

bowling at the death also gets wickets due to batsmen slogging.so it goes both ways

No it doesn't. Bowling at the death is much more difficult than bowling in the middle overs. We've seen how Kumar will do when bowling at the death. No wickets at an economy of 6+.

Where is BK?
He's yet to bowl in 40 innings. 10 more to go.

Wow this was surreal man, never expected this from JK. And there are some people on PP who still doubt his talent :facepalm:

If he's best among the fast bowlers ATM then he is indeed very talented on par with amir I presume

MashaAllah he's really good, these stats made me so happy! No doubt he's certainly as good as Amir. Some people just never learn.

Wow Juni has some great stat's. Alway's said the kid's going to be a Pakistani great (In Shaa Allah).
InshaAllah.

ok so how many wickets for beekay now in nz and sa?
How can you compare?

Junaid played 7 ODI's in SA and 1 test.
Bhuv played 1 ODI in SA and no tests.

Bhuv played 4 ODI's in NZ and Junaid yet to play there.

You know which tournament they both played together? Champions trophy in England

Let me know if you want to know the stats of that tournament :)

How can you compare?

You know which tournament they both played together? Champions trophy in England

Care to review the stats of both in SC where they both played

How can you compare?

No problem mate sit in the memories of CT while this thread is a joke already

JK >>>>>>>> Day Light >>>>>>>>> Beekay Shami Varun and all other current bowlers from india

Beekay was pathetic in 1 odi thats why he was dropped in sa. and if you are talking about CT where they played together than keep in my mind that india vs pakistan odi series :p i dont need to provide those stats i guess :p

JK average is now 22.28 in odi while beekay is 35+ :)))

How can you compare?

Well Asia is both players home and In Asia BK avgs 48.07 with 14 wickets from 16 matches at an EC rate of 4.84 and a SR of 58 at the same time Junaid khan avgs 18.87 with 32 wickets in 14 matches!!.

In UAE and you know the flat tracks he faces over there especially during the srilankan tour of UAE he avgs 19.70 in 11 matches with 24 wickets.

I like BK but so far he has been a big disappointment

After CT he has avg 77.12 with a SR of 82 taking 8 wickets in 13 matches while junaid khan after CT has avg 18.81!!!! taking 33 wickets in 15 matches!!!!! A SR of 22!!

BK
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...an;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

JK
http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/en...an;template=results;type=bowling;view=innings

Although i dont like these sort of versus threads but i think this has put an END to this debate which is starting to look foolish now.

Well Asia is both players home and In Asia BK avgs 48.07 with 14 wickets from 16 matches at an EC rate of 4.84 and a SR of 58 at the same time Junaid khan avgs 18.87 with 32 wickets in 14 matches!!.

In UAE and you know the flat tracks he faces over there especially during the srilankan tour of UAE he avgs 19.70 in 11 matches with 24 wickets.

I like BK but so far he has been a big disappointment

After CT he has avg 77.12 with a SR of 82 taking 8 wickets in 13 matches while junaid khan after CT has avg 18.81!!!! taking 33 wickets in 15 matches!!!!! A SR of 22!!

BK

JK

Although i dont like these sort of versus threads but i think this has put an END to this debate which is starting to look foolish now.

Don't worry mate, there would be some idiot who would even try to defend these stats :facepalm:

no problem mate sit in the memories of ct while this thread is a joke already

jk >>>>>>>> day light >>>>>>>>> beekay shami varun and all other current bowlers from india

beekay was pathetic in 1 odi thats why he was dropped in sa. And if you are talking about ct where they played together than keep in my mind that india vs pakistan odi series :p i dont need to provide those stats i guess :p

jk average is now 22.28 in odi while beekay is 35+ :)))

Such an irony isnt it mate, that you are the 1st one to bump it everytime even you know this is a Joke thread?? :p

Everyone knows Junaid is a better bowler..but due to your trollish nature you bump it everytime and when people gives you back you claim it as a Joke thread :))

Untitled.jpg
Untitled2.jpg

Such an irony isnt it mate, that you are the 1st one to bump it everytime even you know this is a Joke thread?? :p

Everyone knows Junaid is a better bowler..but due to your trollish nature you bump it everytime and when people gives you back you claim it as a Joke thread :))

View attachment 42215
View attachment 42216

Such is the irony that many indian pper bumped it after 1 average performance by junaid. Where are those indian ppers who continuously bumping it? why hide now

You are the biggest troll mate and your signature is the evidence :p

I suppose the OP made this thread when Beekay's stats were comparable but now Junaid has clearly proven himself to be a better bowler.

I suppose the OP made this thread when Beekay's stats were comparable but now Junaid has clearly proven himself to be a better bowler.
This.

Why it is so tough for people to understand that the OP was created when both the players were comparable. You will find many such weird threads in Pakpassion like "Inzy vs Sachin", "Dhoni vs K.Akmal," etc. They might have some relevance once upon a time but not today.

But bumping everytime when you yourself know who is the better bowler is bizzare.

On record - Junaid is way better bowler than BK and this is not even comparable.

This.

Why it is so tough for people to understand that the OP was created when both the players were comparable. You will find many such weird threads in Pakpassion like "Inzy vs Sachin", "Dhoni vs K.Akmal," etc. They might have some relevance once upon a time but not today.

But bumping everytime when you yourself know who is the better bowler is bizzare.

On record - Junaid is way better bowler than BK and this is not even comparable.

Go to previous pages and see how many of your country fellas bumped this thread and started to laugh. So now dont complain where were you when they were bumping this thread and pakistani bowling is overrated etc type threads

This.

Why reply if he is bumping the thread and make an issue of it?. Beside's it's a public forum he's welcome to do what he want's!.

Now is the time this thread is pretty much one sided. Not because Junaid has been sensational, but because Bhuvi is very much harmless now. Junaid is easily a better bowler.

Junaid has the potential to be an ODI ATG, ODI!!! Tests he has a way to go but he will be a Pakistani great tho.
Ishant was hyped after givin a bit of trouble, irfan pathan was hyped as the next kapil, bhuvi was hyped as indian asif, shami was hyped as future bowler. What has happened to them all? Please Indians stop hyping your woeful pacers as its pathetic. Vice versa with people hyping Umar with Kohli, they're both equally talented with one actually able to apply that.
End of day
Junaid and Irfan>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tanvir>Wahab>shami,bhuvi and co

williamson.png

LOOOL and he was meant to be better than Ajmal, look at ashwins stats hahahaha!
4/38 on debut is tremendous, the guy deserves more recognition(MJ Henry)

Now is the time this thread is pretty much one sided. Not because Junaid has been sensational, but because Bhuvi is very much harmless now. Junaid is easily a better bowler.

You see, even when Junaid is at his lowest point, he's much better than BK. No point comparing them when Junaid is performing great!

BK has no hope India clearly doesn't value it's bowlers with the roads they constantly serve up how can't they expect to produce top class pacers when they get no help from the pitches and are treated as a sideshow then they wonder why their bowlers can't perform outside the SC when you get an epic phainta all the time and your main objective becomes to save runs how can you turn into Marshall on helpful pitches

Another promising Indian bowler wasted. Looks like Shami is heading the same way. All others are pretty mediocre from the other side of the border.

Another promising Indian bowler wasted. Looks like Shami is heading the same way. All others are pretty mediocre from the other side of the border.

True.

Imagine how frustrating it is for us.

But I do believe Bhuvi has some hopes of recovering (unlike Ishant, Dinda, etc).

With that being said, why the hell is this thread still open.

Junaid >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bhuvi.

Game over.

Ko.

Bumping this thread again and again is like beating a dead opponent.

There is no competition now.

It is over.

The audience have gone home, had their dinner and slept off.

Why are we still discussing this obvious question?

Bhuvi is a better new ball bowler but junaid is faaar more talented and skilled. Too bad he thinks lowly of swing and will probably not become a new ball bowler and follow a morkel route(who averages 23 which is 1 more than juni) :junaid

Junaid is bowling better these days.

Both are different bowlers with different strengths and weaknesses. I'd have them both in my ODI team that is for sure.

Junaid is bowling better these days.

Both are different bowlers with different strengths and weaknesses. I'd have them both in my ODI team that is for sure.
Why on God's earth would you have Bhuvneshwar Kumar in your team when people like Steyn, Johnson, Finn, Harris all bowl in LOs successfully?

Why on God's earth would you have Bhuvneshwar Kumar in your team when people like Steyn, Johnson, Finn, Harris all bowl in LOs successfully?

This thread is about Junaid Khan and Bhuvenshwar Kumar. Not XYZ.

If I am asked to choose between the two in ODIs, I would take both.

If I had to pick one, I'd look around my other bowlers and see where my overall strength lies.

If my team has good new ball bowlers who can get conventional swing, I would take Junaid because he is a good death bowler and can put in a shift in the middle overs.

If my team had good death bowlers, I would take Bhuvneshwar Kumar because he gets the new ball to swing and is threatening and also in spite of the obvious lack of pace and energy, he doesn't get spanked in spite of bowling on some extremely unpleasant pitches.

If I am asked to choose between the two in ODIs, I would take both.

If I had to pick one, I'd look around my other bowlers and see where my overall strength lies.

If my team has good new ball bowlers who can get conventional swing, I would take Junaid because he is a good death bowler and can put in a shift in the middle overs.

If my team had good death bowlers, I would take Bhuvneshwar Kumar because he gets the new ball to swing and is threatening and also in spite of the obvious lack of pace and energy, he doesn't get spanked in spite of bowling on some extremely unpleasant pitches.

Lol continue to make a mockery of yourself.

Thing is, someone people would have :junaid over some of them guys. Kumar was good when he first burst in, but he's been given spankings by everyone. I'd even have Junaid as a new ball bowler over him now

Last edited:
Junaid is decent bowler but I don't understand why the hell many Pakistani Ppers are hyping him as he is the next coming of Akram or an ATG bowler.

When Fatshed was hyped so much I was the first person to mention he has been hyped up too much, he was said as the next coming of Saeed Anwar and look where he is now :facepalm:

Till :kohli scored his 12-14 centuries in ODIs most haters were telling him as the Srilanka bashers :lol:
What about JK ???? doesn't same applies to him also now ??? Check his wicket tally against Mighty Srilankans

JK is decent bowler and I hope he doesn't disappear like Jam-shed after all hypes around.

Junaid is decent bowler but I don't understand why the hell many Pakistani Ppers are hyping him as he is the next coming of Akram or an ATG bowler.

When Fatshed was hyped so much I was the first person to mention he has been hyped up too much, he was said as the next coming of Saeed Anwar and look where he is now :facepalm:

Till :kohli scored his 12-14 centuries in ODIs most haters were telling him as the Srilanka bashers :lol:
What about JK ???? doesn't same applies to him also now ??? Check his wicket tally against Mighty Srilankans

JK is decent bowler and I hope he doesn't disappear like Jam-shed after all hypes around.

He is one of the best ODI bowlers around. In tests he still has to achieve a lot more.

Another tournament exposed Junaid again?? :13:

Junaid
Matches - 3
Wickets - 0
E.R - 5.50

Bhuv
Matches - 4
Wickets - 3
E.R - 4.72

Hope ATG junaid fires in the final.

Last edited:
Another tournament exposed Junaid again?? :13:

Junaid
Matches - 3
Wickets - 0
E.R - 5.50

Bhuv
Matches - 4
Wickets - 3
E.R - 4.72

Hope ATG juiand fires in the final.

I hope you enjoyed the death bowling of both bowlers :p and if 3 matches can expose players than whole indian batting line exposed and Pakistan the weak batting line did much better :))

Champions trophy...now Asia cup. What is happening with Junaid? :p

Bilateral king maybe??

I hope you enjoyed the death bowling of both bowlers :p and if 3 matches can expose players than whole indian batting line exposed and Pakistan the weak batting line did much better :))
What death bowling? Check the economy rate of both.

Accept it..B.Kumar beaten Junaid handsdown AGAIN

:))

Back