Junaid Khan vs Bhuvneshwar Kumar

England have no chance winning against Pakistan in UAE against Ajmal and co...But I am sure that if someone like Karrigen debuts for England, he will have a great series and Pakistan will make him a regular in the English team. But in spite of that England will not score enough to trouble Pakistan against Rehman and Ajmal. I am not sure of Pakistan doing well against Australia though as Johnson threat is even greater for Pakistan and Australian batting isn't as brittle as English team.

True Aussie series will be tough, A drawn series will be a good result for PAkistan

Pakistan with Ajmal in their side will be invincible in UAE, against any team that tours.. But life after Ajmal is bound to get a lot difficult..

Hope lies with Asif and Aamir if they can show same skill as when they left we can be a good side after ajmal retires

Stupid thread...

Bhuneshwars average is inflated by playing against a weak pak lineup...he is a run of the mill trundler a la kulasekera and will be exposed in the next year or so.

JK has disappointed this champs trophy but is hands down the most exciting young bowler in world cricket right now.

End of Topic.
:))) :))) :)))

Bhuvi kumar isn't that bad.. I don't know why he gets so much hate. One of india's best seamers.. definitely better than ishant sharma. it's a fair comparison IMO. his problem is that he doesn't have pace.. but Vaas didn't have pace but i have a high opinion of vaas.

Last edited:

Whats funny? He was reffering to ODIs,

Junaid averages 24 while Bhuvi averages 37.

In tests, Bhuvi has not played enough tests in sub continent conditions, and junaid has not played enough in England/non sub-continent conditions to compare the two effectively.

Lets wait until Bhuvi plays a few test matches in India before we declare him better than Junaid.

Bhuvi kumar isn't that bad.. I don't know why he gets so much hate. One of india's best seamers.. definitely better than ishant sharma. it's a fair comparison IMO. his problem is that he doesn't have pace.. but Vaas didn't have pace but i have a high opinion of vaas.

lol

In tests, Bhuvi has not played enough tests in sub continent conditions, and junaid has not played enough in England/non sub-continent conditions to compare the two effectively.

Lets wait until Bhuvi plays a few test matches in India before we declare him better than Junaid.

JK has shown he's better so far to me. But I've seen Bhuvi bowl a little and this guy gets banana swing sometimes when conditions right. One-dimensional bowlers like him DO HAVE a role to play in teams. He's better than Ishant Sharma, who is the M Sami of India. All heart and effort, but not good enough.

by the same logic....bhuvi played odis on absolute phattas in which both teams scored 350 in almost every match.....and you can wait all you want bhuvi is gonna win this easily

I didn't read this entire thread just a few of the last posts. But if you mean to say that we (at PP) are bashing him just because he's an indian pacer... well then it's fair enough =p

I didn't read this entire thread just a few of the last posts. But if you mean to say that we (at PP) are bashing him just because he's an indian pacer... well then it's fair enough =p

You can hardly expect Indians/ Pakistani fans to criticize the other team's players with fairness. It doesn't help the Kumar is also a "trundler"

In 2014, Junaid has bowled 149 overs in Tests + ODIs. Has picked up ONLY 8 wickets, at a SR of 112 and average of 62.4.

Clearly, he needs a break before he is demoralized even more on the flat Lankan pitches. Don't want to see him go Nasir jamshed way.

Apart from TB Bhuvi has had 3 pace assisting pitches to bowl on. Now he has utilised them very well and respect to BK . and there's no guarantee Junaid could bowl as well as him in these conditions but until he gets the opportunity we won't know. I'm sure BK would be struggling on these lifeless Lankan pitches too.

Atm BK is ahead but we will get a full picture of how good they are when they have played 30-40 tests and played in a variety of conditions.

Apart from TB Bhuvi has had 3 pace assisting pitches to bowl on. Now he has utilised them very well and respect to BK . and there's no guarantee Junaid could bowl as well as him in these conditions but until he gets the opportunity we won't know. I'm sure BK would be struggling on these lifeless Lankan pitches too.

you say that for Junaid,but are sure BK would struggle in Lanka.Consistent

you say that for Junaid,but are sure BK would struggle in Lanka.Consistent

A swing bowler who bowls at 78 mph would most likely be cannon fodder on SL pitches against Mahela and Sanga. A fast bowler is more likely to do well on a bouncy or green wicket than a flat road unless you're :Waqar.

A swing bowler who bowls at 78 mph would most likely be cannon fodder on SL pitches against Mahela and Sanga. A fast bowler is more likely to do well on a bouncy or green wicket than a flat road unless you're :Waqar.

Historically swing/seam bowlers have done well in Sri Lanka. #Vaas

Currently, Kumar is the better bowler. Junaid has been disappointing- mainly due to the hype.

If that was the case,he'd have been outbowled by almost every pacer in this series but that hasnt happened.SL pitches are known to assist swing early on too.

Both played in CT in England last year but JK was poor.Junaid is poor with new ball as compared to BK so not a given he'd do well here.

Both are being misused by terribly defensive captains. BK though has risen above that and is actually a smart bowler. People are also forgetting his batting which saved India from being 3-0 down right now. JK though is regressing in tests especially since he doesn't seem as smart as BK. He is still a good ODI bowler. Though DAT jump...:danish

Last edited:
Junaid has one poor innings and people start suggesting that he's regressing as a test bowler?! :facepalm:

Bhuvi isn't going to be successful everywhere if he continues to trundle in at 78mph. Might work in England but I don't see him consistently picking up wickets in Tests around the world. Same goes for Junaid as in the long run, if his new ball bowling does not improve, he will not be as successful either. Neither will become world class bowlers but do have the potential to be excellent support bowlers for the likes of Aaron or Amir (when he returns), respectively.

Bhuvi is the better and more talented bowler. Junaid has zero level skill and is nothing more than a glorified trundler.

Bhuvi is one dimensional and a trundler as well, but he produces deliveries Junaid can only dream of.

JK has shown he's better so far to me. But I've seen Bhuvi bowl a little and this guy gets banana swing sometimes when conditions right. One-dimensional bowlers like him DO HAVE a role to play in teams. He's better than Ishant Sharma, who is the M Sami of India. All heart and effort, but not good enough.

You are calling him one dimensional only because of his lack of pace when he is anything but. He has an excellent cricketing brain and plans batsman's dismissals. He can be our Asif if he is consistent and picks up new skills which he has shown a good tendency to

If that was the case,he'd have been outbowled by almost every pacer in this series but that hasnt happened.SL pitches are known to assist swing early on too.

Both played in CT in England last year but JK was poor.Junaid is poor with new ball as compared to BK so not a given he'd do well here.
That doesnt make sense english conditions are ideal for a bowler like BK. The commies always say You dont need pace to succeed in England mainly you need the ability to move the ball either off the seam or by swinging it. BKs real test will come in the SC and in places like AUS. I agree its not a given Junaif would do well here but Junaid is a seam bowler not a swing bowler. But like i said before they both need to play in all conditions before we can judge them.

Historically swing/seam bowlers have done well in Sri Lanka. #Vaas
Vaas was a very good bowler. Apart from him how many have done well there at Kumars pace you'd have to have McGrath or Wasim level skill to be good on those pitches. He is a very skillfull bowler but how many bowlers of his pace have been successful in all conditions. Even Asif trundled on phattas at times

by the same logic....bhuvi played odis on absolute phattas in which both teams scored 350 in almost every match.....and you can wait all you want bhuvi is gonna win this easily

By the flat phattas I assume you are referring to the Australia in India series. Even if you take those 5 matches out, Bhuvi still averages 32 in ODIs.

Bhuvi is excellent with some cloud cover or swinging conditions, he gets swing that current Pak bowlers can only dream of. But what happens to him without suitable conditions?

When the ball is not swinging, Bhuvi gets smashed, especially during the death overs.

Even Sohail tanvir is a beast in favorable conditions....

Bhuvi might end up being a legend, who knows, but for now lets not definitively say he is better than junaid.

Kumar is miles better. I bet you any money Junaid Khan will fade after 3 years.

Come again? LOL Kumar wasn't even good enough to play in the WC, and that too for a trundler nation like India.

Junaid is a sub-25 bowler and has played most of his games on UAE patters, unlike others such as Boult and Starc who have the luxury of playing in helpful conditions.

Come again? LOL Kumar wasn't even good enough to play in the WC, and that too for a trundler nation like India.

Junaid is a sub-25 bowler and has played most of his games on UAE patters, unlike others such as Boult and Starc who have the luxury of playing in helpful conditions.

Even Boult went for more runs than Kumar today. Junaid doesn't look at sub 25 average bowler from any angle, he had a couple of good early series and the only reason his average has not got higher is that he has been out because of injuries most times.

Even Boult went for more runs than Kumar today. Junaid doesn't look at sub 25 average bowler from any angle, he had a couple of good early series and the only reason his average has not got higher is that he has been out because of injuries most times.

Compare Junaid who has played most on UAE pattas and been successful against FTBs like Sri Lanka, against how Boult and Starc faired against Pakistan in the UAE. I guarantee if Junaid played in the WC he would have been in top 3 wicket takers.

Junaid isn't a gimmick bowler like B. Kumar (trundler who only bowls with new ball but averages a wicket per match only) or Boult who is James Clouderson reincarnated. He has pace, seam and bounce and has superb Yorkers. He has his limitations as new ball bowler, but even as that he is still good. One of the best first change and death over bowlers in the world.

Compare Junaid who has played most on UAE pattas and been successful against FTBs like Sri Lanka, against how Boult and Starc faired against Pakistan in the UAE. I guarantee if Junaid played in the WC he would have been in top 3 wicket takers.

Junaid isn't a gimmick bowler like B. Kumar (trundler who only bowls with new ball but averages a wicket per match only) or Boult who is James Clouderson reincarnated. He has pace, seam and bounce and has superb Yorkers. He has his limitations as new ball bowler, but even as that he is still good. One of the best first change and death over bowlers in the world.

:))

Rahat is better than Junaid.

Based on what? WC in Australia? The fact that rubbish players like Yadav, Shami, Mohit, Rahat and Sohail Khan were successful in Australia says a lot. I can pretty much guarantee that Junaid would have been in top 3 wicket takers EASILY in the WC as he performs more on those types of wickets.

Based on what? WC in Australia? The fact that rubbish players like Yadav, Shami, Mohit, Rahat and Sohail Khan were successful in Australia says a lot. I can pretty much guarantee that Junaid would have been in top 3 wicket takers EASILY in the WC as he performs more on those types of wickets.

Easy to say that now. I can also guarantee that Yuvraj would have won India the World Cup, but that's not how it works.

What do you guarantee about the next series Junaid plays?

Easy to say that now. I can also guarantee that Yuvraj would have won India the World Cup, but that's not how it works.

What do you guarantee about the next series Junaid plays?

It's a pretty easy prediction to make if you know the style of bowler Junaid is and how the players who were successful in Australia were seams bowlers. Also compare how Junaid performed against Boult and Starc in UAE.

And I can't guarantee anything because it is in Bangladesh, but I predict he will do good (though it is only a sole T20 he will play).

It's a pretty easy prediction to make if you know the style of bowler Junaid is and how the players who were successful in Australia were seams bowlers. Also compare how Junaid performed against Boult and Starc in UAE.

And I can't guarantee anything because it is in Bangladesh, but I predict he will do good (though it is only a sole T20 he will play).

Oh, ok.

[MENTION=29597]e[/MENTION]lecton but you was trying to say B. Kumar was better than Junaid, do you still feel the same lol? Indians know nothing of fast bowling and we all said that B. Kumar will fade away like Irfan Pathan. The fact is you rated B. Kumar as the best bowler in India for the past 15 years :))

This thread deserves to be closed and locked away in the dark dungeons of PakPassion.

Rahat is a better new ball bowler.

He mentioned first change and death, which Junaid is extremely good at and one of the best in the world, particularly at death.

Even Rahat is decent in the death overs but Junaid is ahead there.

Junaid would have definitely been good in Australia/New Zealand. Not saying that he would have been in top 5, but still he would have been good. And I don't consider Rahat or Bhuvi a better bowler than Junaid. Also, it is wrong to suggest that Junaid has a good average only because he performed well early on in his career. 2014 was the year in which he struggled. And he played only 6 matches in 2014. In 2013, he was at his peak. Bhuvi is a skillfull bowler but his speed is just too low. With that speed, you can't survive unless you are McGrath or Asif. And Bhuvi bowls slower than even those two.

[MENTION=29597]e[/MENTION]lecton but you was trying to say B. Kumar was better than Junaid, do you still feel the same lol? Indians know nothing of fast bowling and we all said that B. Kumar will fade away like Irfan Pathan. The fact is you rated B. Kumar as the best bowler in India for the past 15 years :))

This thread deserves to be closed and locked away in the dark dungeons of PakPassion.

Junaid seems to be fading away too. Couldn't buy a wicket last time I saw him, in all formats.

Fair comparison for two average bowlers. Though Junaid shades it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Junaid seems to be fading away too. Couldn't buy a wicket last time I saw him, in all formats.

Fading away by suffering a knee injury? By that logic Starc is also going to fade away. Junaid performed well in yesterdays practice game, performed well in the uber-batsman friendly domestic tournaments (Pentagular, Presidents Gold Cup). I think we are yet to see the best of him, especially overseas.

And regarding B. Kumar, he wasn't even good enough to play in the WC and you have the nerve to defend him when Shane Warne was laughing on air that he was bowling 110kph in the test series.

Fading away by suffering a knee injury? By that logic Starc is also going to fade away. Junaid performed well in yesterdays practice game, performed well in the uber-batsman friendly domestic tournaments (Pentagular, Presidents Gold Cup). I think we are yet to see the best of him, especially overseas.

And regarding B. Kumar, he wasn't even good enough to play in the WC and you have the nerve to defend him when Shane Warne was laughing on air that he was bowling 110kph in the test series.

So, practice games is how we judge Junaid now? :))

Besides, Bhuvi too just walked in from an injury..wasn't fit the whole Aussie series.

Let me ask you again... 2014, Junaid bowled like a Club Cricketer.

Last time he bowled even a half decent spell was more around 1.5 years ago.

If I was a Junaid fan, I'd be worried.

So, practice games is how we judge Junaid now? :))

Besides, Bhuvi too just walked in from an injury..wasn't fit the whole Aussie series.

Let me ask you again... 2014, Junaid bowled like a Club Cricketer.

Last time he bowled even a half decent spell was more around 1.5 years ago.

If I was a Junaid fan, I'd be worried.

LOL because B. Kumar was bowling 100mph thunderbolts before his supposed injury.

And wow he must have been a Bradman of bowling then to maintain such a phenomaomal average despite bowling like a club cricketer.

From watching him bowl over past few months he looks back to his best and maybe even better, he missed out on bring his average down to 20 in the WC. If he is bowling tripe then feel free to bump me.

And more like if you are an Indian fan you'd be worried. Let's hope India doesn't' chicken out of the test series because he will take apart your team in that, patta or no patta.

To me, both Junaid and Bhuvi are both turning out to be quite ordinary Cricketers.

If anything, Bhuvi's struggles started late in late 2014. He was phenomenal in England, but fitness had him struggle in Australia. But if you look at Junaid [MENTION=74271]O[/MENTION]rbit, he has been quite pathetic for well over an year, in all format.

LOL because B. Kumar was bowling 100mph thunderbolts before his supposed injury.

And wow he must have been a Bradman of bowling then to maintain such a phenomaomal average despite bowling like a club cricketer.

From watching him bowl over past few months he looks back to his best and maybe even better, he missed out on bring his average down to 20 in the WC.
If he is bowling tripe then feel free to bump me.

And more like if you are an Indian fan you'd be worried. Let's hope India doesn't' chicken out of the test series because he will take apart your team in that, patta or no patta.

Fact 1 - Bhuvi bowled some brilliant Test bowling spells in Aug -Sep 2014.

Fact 2 - Junaid has been beyond pathetic since January 2014.

So, Junaid fans need to be more worried [MENTION=74271]O[/MENTION]rbit bhai. It has been ages since we have seen an International level display from him. :farhat

Fact 1 - Bhuvi bowled some brilliant Test bowling spells in Aug -Sep 2014.

Fact 2 - Junaid has been beyond pathetic since January 2014.

So, Junaid fans need to be more worried [MENTION=74271]O[/MENTION]rbit bhai. It has been ages since we have seen an International level display from him. :farhat

Again he has a fifer at the SCC of all places in his last test innings.

I sm sure its been ages.....

Again he has a fifer at the SCC of all places in his last test innings.

I sm sure its been ages.....

Ok, so it appears that he has struggled in limited overs Cricket only.
[MENTION=74271]O[/MENTION]rbit has some reason to be cheerful then.

No he isnt. Are you really basing this of two games (was rubbish vs Aus)?? :))

Last Junaid got a pitch like Rahat got vs Zim he was blasting through India.

And as for that SA game, Junaid averages 25 in ODI's there despite being in some pretty high scoring games. Still remember how he got AB( when he was going beserk) and then won us a series in SA. Another instant also comes to when everyone else was going the distance at J'bourgh( AB again going crazy, Wahab went for 90 plus in 6-7 overs) and Junaid was only bowler they couldnt hit. All this was 2013 before he got hit by injuries.

So Rahat has a long long way yo go before he can be compared with Junaid.

No he isnt. Are you really basing this of two games (was rubbish vs Aus)?? :))

Last Junaid got a pitch like Rahat got vs Zim he was blasting through India.

And as for that SA game, Junaid averages 25 in ODI's there despite being in some pretty high scoring games. Still remember how he got AB( when he was going beserk) and then won us a series in SA. Another instant also comes to when everyone else was going the distance at J'bourgh( AB again going crazy, Wahab went for 90 plus in 6-7 overs) and Junaid was only bowler they couldnt hit. All this was 2013 before he got hit by injuries.

So Rahat has a long long way yo go before he can be compared with Junaid.

Rahat gets a lot of movement at decent pace. I find him more wicket-taking.

Junaid used to be a refined version of that, but I don't remember when it was he moved the ball last time. Did he move it during that 5fer agianst Lanka?

Junaid has played just 6 ODI's and 2 Tests since Jan 2014.
Little enough sample space to judge him considering the fact he is fighting with injuries during this period.
Still, if anyone wants to judge him for this period, no one can help him.
I don't have any doubt's regarding performance of Junaid. He is a 25-30 bowler and is likely to remain that way.

This thread was a joke, no comparison between Junaid and Bhuvi.
Junaid is class ahead.

The only worry I have regarding Junaid is the frequency of injuries occurring to him is increasing. :junaid

This wasn't even a comparison to begin with :facepalm: Junaid was a 140k-143K bowler when he was pairing with Irfan for almost I think 18 months. In those 18 months Misbah managed to beat Ind in their Home, SA in their Home, Play the Asia cup Final and win a couple of home series against SL (If I am not too mistaken). The test record was also extremely good barring the SA disaster and SL series late 2014 probably.

Bhuvi is good and that also by only INDIAN STANDARDS only. There is no comparisons here and I called this like a long time ago in this exact same thread.

This Thread should be closed now as Junaid will probably be part one of the best pace attacks Pakistan may ever see after the 2W + Akhtar combination.

Amir
Juni
Wahab
Asif

I would literally pay anything to watch these four bowl right now in an English summer to any line up you want.

Bhuvi's has been a total disappointment since the England tour, seems to have lost his swing as well. Needs to get back to drawing board and rectify the technical glitches and gain some more strength.

As for the comparison, well stats tell their own story.

This is very controversial but Junaid is a chucker. But both bowlers have been bad recently

Jjunaid will do well in Bangladesh. I worry more about his fitness than bowling capabilities

Bhuneshwar is not a fast bowler. He is a joke. I saw him bowling 109 kph thunder bolts against the Aussies in the test match he played.
He is epitome of medicore. You can't call yourself a fast bowler if you bowl 109 kph. That was pathetic....yuck... My 13 year younger brother bowl faster than that...
Go away, don't compare that 57kg man with Junaid. Bhuvaneshwar sucks and you won't even a club bowler bowling at that pace in Pakistan.
Indians have a long way to go....................

Bhuneshwar is not a fast bowler. He is a joke. I saw him bowling 109 kph thunder bolts against the Aussies in the test match he played.
He is epitome of medicore. You can't call yourself a fast bowler if you bowl 109 kph. That was pathetic....yuck... My 13 year younger brother bowl faster than that...
Go away, don't compare that 57kg man with Junaid. Bhuvaneshwar sucks and you won't even a club bowler bowling at that pace in Pakistan.
Indians have a long way to go....................

one of those /thread type posts. :))

Can we just lock this please? It's getting a bit ridiculous

This is very controversial but Junaid is a chucker. But both bowlers have been bad recently

No real evidence of it.

Even if he was chucking, it isn't doing him much good. Since he lost his swing, he is no better than Vinay Kumar.

No real evidence of it.

Even if he was chucking, it isn't doing him much good. Since he lost his swing, he is no better than Vinay Kumar.

he never swung the ball but still was effective , but in 2014 he started to lose his line and length which might be back against Bangladesh

No real evidence of it.

Vinay Kumar wouldnt get a 5fer on a flat SSC phatta against Lankans. Junaid had a poor 2014 due to injury. He is still one of the better Asian bats going around

Think of it this way. Pakistan would have loved to have Junaid in the WC team and it was a big blow that he was injured, on the other hand India did not even play BK even though he was available.

Junaid is better than BK in each and every aspect of the game. I'm surprised this is even a comparison at this point, this thread should have dead and buried long ago.

Its like comparing the batting prowess of Sachin Tendulkar with Imran Farhat

Think of it this way. Pakistan would have loved to have Junaid in the WC team and it was a big blow that he was injured, on the other hand India did not even play BK even though he was available.

Junaid is better than BK in each and every aspect of the game. I'm surprised this is even a comparison at this point, this thread should have dead and buried long ago.

That doesn't paint the full picture.

Bhuvi was INJURED before the Aus test series and when he came back he was rusty.

In the only game he played against UAE, he had figures of something like 5-0-19-1.

Now he has gotten into the zone and looks much much better. Him and Boult did well for their team in IPL last game.

So..its not like India rejected the services of a fully fit and 100% fine Bhuvi

Also Mohit's good performance made it impossible for the team management to take a gamble on Bhuvi.

Junaid is a more complete bowler than Bhuvi but last 2 ICC tournaments, he was way below par.

The same tourneys Bhuvi did very well.

So to call Junaid...a Sachin and Bhuvi...a Farhat is unfair.

We all need more sample size.

[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION]

Overall point of view...yes Junaid is really far ahead as of now.

His stats are way too superior.

But I get the feeling we need a lot of sample set.

Shami has brilliant stats too (avg 24 in 48 games - same of Junaid - and Shami had a great WC).

But these are early days for all these pacers and all these stats don't quite reveal the full picture.

Hence need for more sample set.

None of them are in the class of Starc or Boult to make a solid judgement.

[MENTION=138254]Syed1[/MENTION]

Overall point of view...yes Junaid is really far ahead as of now.

His stats are way too superior.

But I get the feeling we need a lot of sample set.

Shami has brilliant stats too (avg 24 in 48 games - same of Junaid - and Shami had a great WC).

But these are early days for all these pacers and all these stats don't quite reveal the full picture.

Hence need for more sample set.

None of them are in the class of Starc or Boult to make a solid judgement.

agreed but at this point you just simply have to give the edge to Junaid. Which is no slight to Bhuvneshwar, career trajectories are not linear. I personally doubt him because I don't think he has enough pace and has a slight body but I personally don't consider myself an expert in the first place either. Everyone can have their own opinions, it's just that at the very moment Junaid is miles ahead OVERALL looking at ALL the games and the stats show this as well.

I get that some of you may think Kumar may have a higher ceiling for whatever reason you may believe so which I can respect but at this very moment Khan Sahab is miles ahead. Which is why a lot of people find this comparison a bit ridiculous.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/259551.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/326016.html

night and day difference ATM.

Sarfraz Ahmed may become a better bat than Salman Butt but comparing the two at the same age in their careers you can't even dare to say Sarfraz is better.

agreed but at this point you just simply have to give the edge to Junaid. Which is no slight to Bhuvneshwar, career trajectories are not linear. I personally doubt him because I don't think he has enough pace and has a slight body but I personally don't consider myself an expert in the first place either. Everyone can have their own opinions, it's just that at the very moment Junaid is miles ahead OVERALL looking at ALL the games and the stats show this as well.

I get that some of you may think Kumar may have a higher ceiling for whatever reason you may believe so which I can respect but at this very moment Khan Sahab is miles ahead. Which is why a lot of people find this comparison a bit ridiculous.
http://www.espncricinfo.com/pakistan/content/player/259551.html
http://www.espncricinfo.com/india/content/player/326016.html

night and day difference ATM.

Sarfraz Ahmed may become a better bat than Salman Butt but comparing the two at the same age in their careers you can't even dare to say Sarfraz is better.

Who said we think Bhuvi has a higher ceiling?

Nothing like that.

Why so diplomatic answer dude?

See.....Junaid has a vastly superior stats than Bhuvi in ODIs.

It would have been a sealed debate if he had performed in CT 2013.

In that year, Junaid averaged 21. Bhuvi averaged 33.

Junaid was at his best. Agreed?

He should have eaten up Bhuvi in the main tourney where it all matters.

Yet in that tourney Bhuvi averaged 22 and Junaid was in 100s.

Now I know that Junaid's stats seem worse than how he actually performed.

But the same thing happened in WC T20 2014 when Junaid went missing for the whole tournament.

I saw almost everyone swinging it but Junaid was gun barrel straight.

So as you can see....when it comes to seal the deal...Junaid fails horribly while Bhuvi raises his game.

That's why I said we need more sample set for these guys.

Take Shami for example. Averages 24 in 48 games. Similar stats to Junaid in ODis.

But he did well in WC so shall we say he is infinite times better than Junaid cos the latter failed in tourneys?

No....

Seeing all these players...you know they are not as special as Starc or Boult which is why you need more sample set.

Bhuvi as a test bowler was averaging 16 in England midway but was WORKED to the death by Dhoni cos all others were rubbish. By the 3rd test, our batting collapsed completely which shot up his average.

The battle between these 2 is way more closer than stats suggest.

The only way to find out is by letting them play more.

Hence my comment.

[MENTION=138764]AmirFutureWasim[/MENTION]

Obviously I gave edge to Junaid.

In my above post.

Overall he has been more consistent compared to Bhuvi and is a more complete bowler who can be used at any stage.

But Bhuvi has learnt how to bowl in death and doesn't get carted around in any stage.

Back