Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

Malala Yousafzai has done 'nothing' to earn rights prize: Taliban

says the ones who have killed innocent 60,000 Pakistanis..the irony..

Yes, but the bulk of those 60,000 died happy, secure in the knowledge that their murderers were simply correcting the wrong that is drone strikes. Root causes and all that jazz.

Spoke on the topic 'Why Malala alone?' in my Mass Communication class in university earlier today and she failed to win the Nobel Peace Prize hours later.

Yes, but the bulk of those 60,000 died happy, secure in the knowledge that their murderers were simply correcting the wrong that is drone strikes. Root causes and all that jazz.

Well known fact that Malala is a gateway drug to increased US military presence the world over.

In retaliation to the nobel peace prize, Taliban have announced their own "noble piece(s) prize" award, recognizing those who blew themselves up into pieces for peace.

If Malala wants to return to Pakistan then for now she must focus completely on her goal of female education rather than taking unnecessary digs at Taliban at every opportunity to please her Western Masters, which will make her only vulnerable to an attack from Talibs.

sure..attacking the people that have killed 60,000 innocent Pakistanis and wounded many more thousands would be "Western's interest" you really make sense there.

Well known fact that Malala is a gateway drug to increased US military presence the world over.

Sort of like Helen "The Face That Launched a Thousand Ships" of Troy. And Matta Hari.

Helen in particular was a Greek agent, who seduced that innocent Trojan prince. The Greeks had been raising her since infancy for just that reason. In fact, some historians suggest she was a Viking by birth, worshiper of Thor, and was gifted to her Spartan family by Viking missionaries.

<iframe width="600" height="350" src="http://tune.pk/player/embed_player.php?vid=660101&folder=2013/10/11/&width=600&height=350&autoplay=no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen scrolling="no"></iframe>

True, but I believe you meant, main threat to Muslims, not Islam, Islam is a believe, and those who understand Islam and its teaching would say that West, Israel, India, and "Mullah Terrorists" or anyone can never threaten Islam.

That statement would beg the question whether you have understood tenets of Islam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Why expect any better from the Urdu media? How can you expect any better when trash like Orya Maqbool Jan is amongst the most prolific and respected journalists and the likes of Hamid Gul get syndicated columns in some of the bestselling papers in the country.

LOL Orya Maqbool Jan is a lost soul.I don't understand the hell he talks in shows especially in debates..doesn't know where to start and where to finish ..makes absolutely no sense.Plus he's big time TTP apologist. Really cringeworthy to even hear his name.

But there are really good people out there too..like Ayyaz Mir and Haroon Rashid and Shahid Lateef and few more..

Last edited:
^^^Orya Jan Maqboo:))) Why people even give him time to talk his BS? He's one big senseless Tajzia kar.

Last edited:
Tragic part of it all is Malala probably thinks she's doing such a good thing going around and being a voice for women and girls worldwide.

She probably is doing more harm than good to her fellow nationals in Pak.

This is what I object to at this moment. Surely looking at the wider picture she is doing more good than bad. If you honestly disagree, then I have to query why that <i>really</I> is. coca-cola implied this too, so I'll just ask: what are your views on Malala's message? And is it really preferable for her to be silenced?

I think some Pakistanis really need to separate the hype and western agenda from Malala and her message. Ask yourself this question: when was the last time you had a young grl from pakistan, proudly wearing her traditional dress, speak fluent english live on the Daily show?" can you imagine the impact that single appearance can have?

I dont agree with the media hype in the west because they turn anything pure, impure, its their nature its what they do.

But Malala is a true hero and has a purpose and I hope she continues to get her message across. Instead of slandering her maybe Pakistanis should own her message. But as usual maybe we dont deserve her. Are we so cynical and beghairat that we see a conspiracy in everything?

we were cynical about the deen and then handed it over to the taliban, we were cynical about politics and handed it over to ganja and the lords, now we are cynical about a simple message like this and have handed it over to the western hype machine. If Pakistan was a football team and this was a football match we would have lost 6-0. all own goals!

Barnstorming post. Respect to you sir.

What is there to further ?!

The west are virtually are bankrolling the economy with IMF loans, they supply weapons to our army, they are constantly invading Pakistanis territory through drones, Pakistan have allowed NATO convoys to pass through to supply troops in Afghanistan, we have shared extensive intelligence information with western countries and the list goes on.

Pakistan has already become a satellite state of the US, well before the Malala incident, and it hasn't even required any 'hidden agendas' !

Another great post.

True, but I believe you meant, main threat to Muslims, not Islam, Islam is a believe, and those who understand Islam and its teaching would say that West, Israel, India, and "Mullah Terrorists" or anyone can never threaten Islam.

Okay, well, either way, I believe that I am essentially right, and additionally I find violent militant groups and religious extremists to be the scourge of this planet.

Please post anything related to Malala in this thread only.

Last edited:
But are there any physical, and observable consequences? When you find evidence suggesting a rise in drone strikes, war crimes, etc, directly linked to Malala's words please post it here.

Regardless, while these notions may be true, and disturbingly so, they offer no solution.

Unless you are suggesting that Malala stop preaching education, and the emancipation of women, which I don't suppose is the case.

You're right. There is no direct link or evidence. But the speculation is not just on a whim either. It is based on judgement of past decisions and events over the course of time to bring me to a point of complete mistrust of not only the media but the reason why certain things are given prominence by world governments over others.

That and also talking to non Pakistanis about the whole thing. And most can't seem to see past her image as a symbol of female oppression and the backwardness of not only Pakistan but the implied links with Islam.

Last edited:
The idea that women's rights in the subcontinent are rather crappy is hardly new. Controversial to say so maybe. But it is historically and academically verifiable that women tend to be the worn underpinnings of a sh!thouse in that part of the world.

If Malala brings that uncomfortable truth home and helps to repair the plight of women in the subcontinent and elsewhere, I'm all for whatever politically incorrect discussions amongst white men are taking place in the background.

Last edited:
This is what I object to at this moment. Surely looking at the wider picture she is doing more good than bad. If you honestly disagree, then I have to query why that <i>really</I> is. coca-cola implied this too, so I'll just ask: what are your views on Malala's message? And is it really preferable for her to be silenced?

My views on her message I've posted before but since so many threads got merged I will state again.

I truly believe terrorism and the 'breeding ground' for terrorists are villages where lack of education is rife. So education holds the key. It is the one thing that will stand between a child being brainwashed into doing something insane ie kill himself and innocent people.

In that regard I agree with her message.

My issue is with the media here. All I am doing is questioning why she is being put on a pedestal.

I sincerely hope her publicity campaigns bring about more good than bad. For her, and for the image of Pakistan in the world.

But i am too much of a cynic to believe that will happen.

Of course I would not want her silenced. I do hope it brings more good than bad. Just don't think it will happen. Call if a gut feeling.

The idea that women's rights in the subcontinent are rather crappy is hardly new. Controversial to say so maybe. But it is historically and academically verifiable that women tend to be the worn underpinnings of a sh!thouse in that part of the world.

If Malala brings that uncomfortable truth home and helps to repair the plight of women in the subcontinent and elsewhere, I'm all for whatever politically incorrect discussions amongst white men are taking place in the background.

You know I was asking myself this very question all afternoon.

It was basically - what if there was an issue in my household. And it was an embarrassing issue. And my neighbour and somebody down the street one day decided they will help me out to try and solve it. But in the process the issue would have been broadcast to the entire neighbourhood and my shame would be public. But there was a chance of the issue being resolved.

Would I accept my neighbours help? Or would I continue trying to solve the issue within the confines of my own home?

It is a deep question. And a very unsettling one.

My conclusion I haven't reached yet. But i do get the impression that we, as a Pakistani people, are happier being left alone to fix our own issues rather than get help from others in this regard. And I think it has a lot to do with being a shame based culture. Which isn't something western culture can relate. The idea and power of shame. It stops people from public proclamation of problems and issues.

Whether this is a good thing or not, that's the conclusion I am yet to reach.

But besides that there is also the issue of mistrust. Which is a massive issue. Mistrust of America.

Last edited:

It was basically - what if there was an issue in my household. And it was an embarrassing issue. And my neighbour and somebody down the street one day decided they will help me out to try and solve it. But in the process the issue would have been broadcast to the entire neighbourhood and my shame would be public. But there was a chance of the issue being resolved.

Would I accept my neighbours help? Or would I continue trying to solve the issue within the confines of my own home?

My conclusion I haven't reached yet. But i do get the impression that we, as a Pakistani people, are happier being left alone to fix our own issues rather than get help from others in this regard. And I think it has a lot to do with being a shame based culture. Which isn't something western culture can relate. The idea and power of shame. It stops people from public proclamation of problems and issues.

But besides that there is also the issue of mistrust. Which is a massive issue. Mistrust of America.

This is interesting. Almost worth a separate debate.

Yeah was thinking of creating a separate thread but I knew it would be hijacked by the Malala hype so I will wait until time pass finds another flavour of the week to discuss.

Is there a time criteria on when 'you will be able to fix this problem in your home without outside help'. And in what kind of home 'are you killed for moving a leg'. Sorry but i found your analogy not so straight forward.

I see the shame aspect but it is sad the "nation of the pure" is ashamed of discussing their problems with outsiders but openly participates in causing those problems right in front of their Lord in broad day light. Wow such hypocrisy.

Is there a time criteria on when 'you will be able to fix this problem in your home without outside help'. And in what kind of home 'are you killed for moving a leg'. Sorry but i found your analogy not so straight forward.

I see the shame aspect but it is sad the "nation of the pure" is ashamed of discussing their problems with outsiders but openly participates in causing those problems right in front of their Lord in broad day light. Wow such hypocrisy.

I don't understand your killed for moving a leg point. There is no time criteria. How is one to know when a problem can be solved.

The analogy is quite simple tbh. There is a mistrust of outsiders and there is a sense of shame that makes people hide their problems and not discuss them.

Of course there is a hypocrisy to it. But that's the unsettling question the analogy sets up.

I disagree, I don't believe any people like to be told by outsiders about their shortcomings, western ones are no different. The issue itself is not up for debate, I'm sure most Pakistanis want education for their children, but it becomes a sensitive issue when other countries make it an international issue. I can remember when the Mcann girl went missing in Portugal there was outrage in Britain when the Potuguese police suggested that the parents had left her alone while they were on a night out.

The shame of it is, whenever I've read any public statements from Malala, there has never been anything that provocative in them, they are not usually anti-Pakistan at all. I feel maybe the fact she's being paraded around by countries that are at war in Pakistan gives the wrong impression.

I disagree, I don't believe any people like to be told by outsiders about their shortcomings, western ones are no different. The issue itself is not up for debate, I'm sure most Pakistanis want education for their children, but it becomes a sensitive issue when other countries make it an international issue. I can remember when the Mcann girl went missing in Portugal there was outrage in Britain when the Potuguese police suggested that the parents had left her alone while they were on a night out.

The shame of it is, whenever I've read any public statements from Malala, there has never been anything that provocative in them, they are not usually anti-Pakistan at all. I feel maybe the fact she's being paraded around by countries that are at war in Pakistan gives the wrong impression.

Perhaps other countries in the west also have a shame issue. But my point was it isn't as strong as it is in eastern based cultures. It permeates through society at a deeper and stronger level. The concept of family name, and honour. That sort of thing.

The rest of your post is basically my thoughts too. Nobody likes being told what to do. Especially by people in your neighbourhood who have not really had a cordial relationship with you over the years. Perhaps the mistrust is the bigger issue at play.

Perhaps other countries in the west also have a shame issue. But my point was it isn't as strong as it is in eastern based cultures. It permeates through society at a deeper and stronger level. The concept of family name, and honour. That sort of thing.

The rest of your post is basically my thoughts too. Nobody likes being told what to do. Especially by people in your neighbourhood who have not really had a cordial relationship with you over the years. Perhaps the mistrust is the bigger issue at play.

I think European cultures moved beyond the shame issues a few generations ago, it's still deeply embedded in eastern culture. Personally I feel that change has to come from within like it did in the modern western countries. Genuine aid from outside should be welcomed though, but if it causes resentment and suspicion, something's not right.

The answer to this is how uncomfortable is what is going on in your house for you.
If I believe in a truth ,however uncomfortable it might be I will make a tamasha of it.I know most people watching it will be tamashbeen rather than genuine well wishers. But if the shame that you talk about helps rectify a wrong ,I am all for it.
So the question is ,how uncomfortable do you feel about a girl getting shot for wanting to go to school.What the west thinks about this is irrelevant.

The answer to this is how uncomfortable is what is going on in your house for you.
If I believe in a truth ,however uncomfortable it might be I will make a tamasha of it.I know most people watching it will be tamashbeen rather than genuine well wishers. But if the shame that you talk about helps rectify a wrong ,I am all for it.
So the question is ,how uncomfortable do you feel about a girl getting shot for wanting to go to school.What the west thinks about this is irrelevant.

She was shot because she used to write against them not just for going to school.

There seems to be a plethora of newly registered posters regurgitating similar themes, but let's look beyond that and the points raised. I can't answer for Saqs but in my household we will put up with most indiscretions except disloyalty. But then I am lucky to have been brought up in an educated environment so maybe haven't had to go through what the less fortunate have.

On to the other point: if the tamasha is from perceived hostile sources, how will it help and how is it irrelevant?

LOL Orya Maqbool Jan is a lost soul.I don't understand the hell he talks in shows especially in debates..doesn't know where to start and where to finish ..makes absolutely no sense.Plus he's big time TTP apologist. Really cringeworthy to even hear his name.

But there are really good people out there too..like Ayyaz Mir and Haroon Rashid and Shahid Lateef and few more..

If your age is same as it shows in your profile then no issues , In Sha Allah a time will come after more reading and gaining more knowledge and more experience in life that you will be able to understand what Orya Maqbool Jan Sahab writes and says

As far as TTP is concerned this is what his thoughts about TTP were shared on facebook a year ago

Kharjioon-Ke-Aalamat...!!!

And it is critical to know what Rasul Allah (sm) have said about likes of TTP and Kharjees. No Muslim Mujahideen in the world behaves or slaughters like TTP and there is no doubt that these animals are the Khawarij as foretold by Sayyadi Rasul Allah! If you are fooled by them into believing that they are on the right path, then you will be with them in hell together. Be careful! Remember one rule -- anyone who wants to destroy Pakistan, calls Iqbal and Quaid as Kafirs, who were soldiers of Rasul Allah and fights and kills Pakistani people and army, then he is a Kharji, bound for hell and an enemy of Rasul Allah!

Last edited:

I think an example might help you to decide which I have heard a number of times on Pakistani media

"If your clothes are dirty you would prefer to wash them in your home rather than wash them in public". And I believe we know that we have enough experience and a good detergent to wash them ourselves and we have done it many times before.

As for the people who belong to your own household have gone mad and who are throwing dirt or making your household dirty. After much effort you are able push out many of them out of your house and now they are hiding in the house under the control of the same neighbour or someone down the street who is willing to help. You have yourself informed and even pointed out many times that they are in his house. Having all the power to stop them or at least drive them out of his house, he is not willing to do it and gives a reason to you that it is not his priority as those people are not throwing dirt on him.
But Yes your neighbour is shouting and chanting not only to the whole neighbourhood but to the whole city that these people are bad and throwing dirt on you and your clothes and house have become dirty which is affecting the children and look this is one child which we have now saved from them. The impression also goes to others that this neighbour is justified of his throwing a drum of water in your house from time to time (which when is thrown the drum also comes with the water) and if that effects or hurt many others including children in your household that is collateral damage.

About mistrust of America you know what people will think when the same America who are promoting Malala for standing up to the TTP and writing against the TTP but will not help Pakistan & Pakistan Army to secure the Afghan borders by attacking or even droning the TTP bases in Afghanistan even after acknowledging their existence by saying that attacking TTP in Kunnar is not their priority as TTP not attacking NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Thank god some sanity. No Nobel Prize for Malala. I respect what she has been doing, she is a brave girl, but the western Media has just exploited her.

Nobel Prize keeps intact whatever credibility it has left .

Pakistanis will now see her as their new Messiah leader after Immy Bhai , Chaudhry Iftikhar , Pervez Musharraf only to later realize , they have been screwed again .

Last edited:
Nobel Prize keeps intact whatever credibility it has left .

Pakistanis will now see her as their new Messiah leader after Immy Bhai , Chaudhry Iftikhar , Pervez Musharraf only to later realize , they have been screwed again .

Most Pakistanis have been screwing themselves....no one else is required. out of all the above, Immy stands tall. What Pakistanis have done to Pakistan, it would require 1000 Immys to turn around.....and now the hair piece guy is back again to give screw bad name.....sick

If your age is same as it shows in your profile then no issues , In Sha Allah a time will come after more reading and gaining more knowledge and more experience in life that you will be able to understand what Orya Maqbool Jan Sahab writes and says

As far as TTP is concerned this is what his thoughts about TTP were shared on facebook a year ago

And it is critical to know what Rasul Allah (sm) have said about likes of TTP and Kharjees. No Muslim Mujahideen in the world behaves or slaughters like TTP and there is no doubt that these animals are the Khawarij as foretold by Sayyadi Rasul Allah! If you are fooled by them into believing that they are on the right path, then you will be with them in hell together. Be careful! Remember one rule -- anyone who wants to destroy Pakistan, calls Iqbal and Quaid as Kafirs, who were soldiers of Rasul Allah and fights and kills Pakistani people and army, then he is a Kharji, bound for hell and an enemy of Rasul Allah!

You need to watch this show to know how good of an expert he is.

http://tune.pk/video/631602/On-The-Front-6th-October-2013-06-10-2013-Full-Talk-Sho

he loses his temper and interrupts other way too frequently.Also he got heated over TTP issue that does mean he has something for them..Why couldn't he condemn them and say the same he says over facebook?I'm yet to find his coloumns in which has labelled TTP as khawrjis..

This girl would be a saint if she was catholic. Watching her documentary on American TV and she has been perfect in her responses.

Anoter Myth busted:Malala Expresses Concern over Drone Strikes in Pakistan in meeting

with the American president Obama.

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=366616836806562" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe>

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=366616836806562

What's next excuse?

Last edited:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/11/obama-malala-yousafzai_n_4086585.html

"I thanked President Obama for the United States' work in supporting education in Pakistan and Afghanistan and for Syrian refugees. I also expressed my concerns that drone attacks are fueling terrorism. Innocent victims are killed in these acts, and they lead to resentment among the Pakistani people. If we refocus efforts on education it will make a big impact," she said.

Well that's more than what our status quo (establishment and politicians) have done as they have been acting in acquiescence of drones (as proven by wikileaks) for years.

Now trolls will try to photoshop pics of Malala with Shiv Sena lol

Last edited:

This term "Khariji" is problematic. Not because Kharijis didn't exist in the early Islamic era, and not because the caliphs took them head on, and rightly so.

It is problematic because the use of it in recent times emerged from Saudi Arabia, where the clerics, dyed in the wool Wahhabis themselves and loyal to the House of Nejd, began using the term for the ones even more reactionary than them who had rebelled against the state. Using the term, instead of the rather more nondenominational "terrorist," suggests that the user is donning the mantle of legitimacy that was the preserve of the righteous in eras past. It gives them the right to selectively damn some and not others. The Afghan Taliban never get saddled with the term. Neither do the "assets" the state cultivates for use on the Eastern front.

Usually the ones using it are only slightly left of the terrorists on the political spectrum. The Saudi clerics, the likes of Zaid Hamid, this Orya Maqbool Jan fellow.

His defense of Jinnah is very clever. By the looks of it, he defends the father of the nation against the Khawarij. But at the cost of painting him as some sort of conservative Muslim, which he was not, and which was never an issue.

Drinking, eating pork, never praying, appointing an Ahmedi as foreign minister, asking a Hindu to compose the national anthem, and the separation of state affairs from faith are such mortal sins these days, a lesser man would get lynched for them and much of the nation would cheer. That the father of the nation was "guilty" of these forces Orya Maqbool Jan and his ilk to do metamorphose him into the maulvi-lite figure which he never was.

My conclusion I haven't reached yet. But i do get the impression that we, as a Pakistani people, are happier being left alone to fix our own issues rather than get help from others in this regard.

Actually many Pakistanis (and other people from similar cultures) are happy to not fix their issues .
If some native person wants to fix things, he is accused of following the "West"

As for shame based culture that is a horrid thing and is what causes the chastising of rape victims that we see in parts of Middle east and South Asia

I think the fear is that Malala will be used by the West to invade Pakistan, take over its nuclear weapons and destroy the country. How? I do not know

These are the same people who jump around on Defense day and say nobody can invade us,We are a Nuclear power and now they are intentionally ignoring the aspect of nukes.If the US wanted to invade Pakistan,It could have even used better excuses such as us harboring OBL,allegedly supporting Haqqanis to attack foreign forces in Afghanistan,presense of terror camps in Waziristan etc.The US does not need a little girl to invade us.

They will just find a lame excuse to justify their hatred towards the girl even If it does not make sense .

Actually many Pakistanis (and other people from similar cultures) are happy to not fix their issues .
If some native person wants to fix things, he is accused of following the "West"

As for shame based culture that is a horrid thing and is what causes the chastising of rape victims that we see in parts of Middle east and South Asia

Shame based cultures are good and bad. Like most things in life. True there are some really obscene abuses of this, but a lot of good also comes out of shame based societies as opposed to guilt based societies.

I think an example might help you to decide which I have heard a number of times on Pakistani media

"If your clothes are dirty you would prefer to wash them in your home rather than wash them in public". And I believe we know that we have enough experience and a good detergent to wash them ourselves and we have done it many times before.

As for the people who belong to your own household have gone mad and who are throwing dirt or making your household dirty. After much effort you are able push out many of them out of your house and now they are hiding in the house under the control of the same neighbour or someone down the street who is willing to help. You have yourself informed and even pointed out many times that they are in his house. Having all the power to stop them or at least drive them out of his house, he is not willing to do it and gives a reason to you that it is not his priority as those people are not throwing dirt on him.
But Yes your neighbour is shouting and chanting not only to the whole neighbourhood but to the whole city that these people are bad and throwing dirt on you and your clothes and house have become dirty which is affecting the children and look this is one child which we have now saved from them. The impression also goes to others that this neighbour is justified of his throwing a drum of water in your house from time to time (which when is thrown the drum also comes with the water) and if that effects or hurt many others including children in your household that is collateral damage.

About mistrust of America you know what people will think when the same America who are promoting Malala for standing up to the TTP and writing against the TTP but will not help Pakistan & Pakistan Army to secure the Afghan borders by attacking or even droning the TTP bases in Afghanistan even after acknowledging their existence by saying that attacking TTP in Kunnar is not their priority as TTP not attacking NATO forces in Afghanistan.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Again I have my views on the Malala thing specifically. But in general terms I am yet to reach a conclusion as to what is the more desirable outcome. Getting help from someone you don't trust, or continue doing things your own way and not bearing any fruit.

I think European cultures moved beyond the shame issues a few generations ago, it's still deeply embedded in eastern culture. Personally I feel that change has to come from within like it did in the modern western countries. Genuine aid from outside should be welcomed though, but if it causes resentment and suspicion, something's not right.

Exactly. And this is where all the confusion stems from. I am sure a million other Pakistanis are going through similar thoughts on the matter.

I guess the cynic in me will say that if we're so quick to get foreign aid in terms of IMF loans then why the reluctance with anything else.

Your last point hits home. But i dont see it being irrelevant if it is from sources that have not had the best history with you in the past. If it is from someone who has bitten you before, of course there will be suspicion.

Malala expresses concern on drone strikes

Posters here will know me as staunch critic of Malala for selectively portraying one-sided image of Pakistan. But she has finally expressed her concerns on drone issue, and credit where its due :14: :14: :14:Not sure how or whether at all west will hype this meeting?

WASHINGTON: Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani teenage schoolgirl who shot in the head by the Taliban militants visited White House to call on US President Barack Obama on Friday. In the meeting, which was also attended by first lady Michelle Obama and Zia Uddin Yousafzai, Malala expressed her reservations over drone strikes in Pakistan. She reportedly said that innocent lives are continuously being lost in such attacks. Malala further added that apart from sowing anti-US sentiments in society US drone operations are also creating rifts between Islamabad and Washington. Reportedly, she urged Obama to order immediate halt on drone operations. Malala also mentioned her apprehensions for educational and development projects of USAID in Khyber Pukhtunkhwa, FATA and Swat. -

http://www.pakistantribune.com.pk/5953/malala-calls-obama-expresses-concern-drone-strikes.html

Malala Yusufzai Is Being Exploited by the West and Its Stooges - another piece carried by Huffington Post

The sight of white men in suits applauding and gushing at Malala Yusufzai's speech at the United Nations, the media frenzy and vociferous support on social media was nauseating for me. Not because I deny Malala the right to campaign for what she does. It was more due to the sickening double-standards at play and the thought that while she was being lauded hundreds of other Muslim girls were being blown up, raped and bombed into oblivion because of those very men sitting with her that day. Not to mention those very audiences whose tax money is used to fund these campaigns of terror.

So it was refreshing to see that there were some commentators out there who have the moral courage to look beyond the PR stunts and tactics and analyse the deeper motivations behind this entire charade. However, there does seem to be a systematic attempt at stifling debate on this matter, with stooges of the West trying to use petty tactics, straw man arguments and accusations of "jealousy" in order to curb diversity of opinion.

One comment piece that struck me as particularly nefarious was Tehmina Kazi's (British Muslims For Secular Democracy) for the Huffington Post UK. It was the most self righteous and sanctimonious load of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to read.

I knew before I even began to read it that essentially it was not a defence of Malala at all - it was quite obviously a thinly-veiled attempt to degrade those who refuse to fall into line and stand in defence of Western imperialism and those who help to impose a universal liberal agenda. None of the critics of Malala Day were critical of Malala, they were critical of the way in which she was used by those around her.

By implying that her article is in defence of Malala, Kazi is doing exactly what critics accuse the West of doing - appropriating Malala's struggle and campaign in order to push their own hidden agendas.

The biggest flaw in Tehmina's article lies in the crux of her argument, that all the people who have voiced their opposing opinions are merely jealous and bitter. She fails to address any of the arguments posed in pieces such as this one by Assed Baig, nor is there any real analysis of the criticisms that were posed.

She overlooks the reason why Malala is in the position she is in the first place. Nobody is denying that there were problems in Afghanistan and the border regions with Pakistan, but no one with an ounce of credibility can say that things are better for the people who live there since the West began its feminist crusade.

Human rights groups and NGOs have consistently been highlighting that the plight of women is much worse since the 2001 invasion. However, Kazi does not want people to think of all that, we should put those kind of tricky questions to the back of our heads because they are inconvenient, an irritation. She would rather reduce the entire debate to something expected from a teenage school girl, full of ridiculous accusations and baseless emotional drivel.

She also conveniently forgets to mention that the Pakistani Taliban are a direct result of the war in Afghanistan. They are there terrorising women like Malala due to a much deeper and complex reason - the ongoing Western occupation of Afghanistan. But Tehmina and her ilk would rather stay quiet about that, preferring us mere mortals to passively and silently watch, listen and absorb the propaganda that they throw at us.

And she fails to mention another woman of Pakistani citizenship who the Pakistani government handed over to the West to "look after". Nothing is more indicative of the personality politics and war propaganda that are at play, than the differences between Aafia Saddiqui and Malala Yusufzai.

One is lauded worldwide as a bastion of hope, patted on the back and becomes an overnight cultural icon while the other was sold to the highest bidders in order to be raped, tortured and kept in a metal cage by those very people who Kazi would have us believe are the biggest supporters and helpers of Muslim women.

When I tried to offer my comments and criticisms of Tehmina's piece on the Facebook page for BMSD, those great bastions of all things "liberal" and "democratic" chose to censor me and curb my fundamental right of freedom of speech by removing my comments and blocking me from the page within minutes of my first post. Kazi also went on to personally contact at least one news outlet in order to ask them not to print anything I submit.

I am not surprised by Tehmina's tactics and attempts at shutting down debate. Ordinary Muslims who may have alternative views have been progressively marginalised and shouted down by these purveyors of a particular brand of Islam tinged with a Eurocentric fundamentalism.

Tehmina and her ilk have one goal, and that is providing ideological support to the advancement of colonial interests and Western tyranny. Her article is not about the defence of Malala, it is about defending the privileges and opportunities of the elite. It is about shouting down dissent and trying to gag those that want to widen the debate.

The fact that she dismisses other commentators in such a manner and then has the audacity to pose as some sort of moral authority and defender of Malala's honour is laughable. Her article ends by suggesting that "critics get off their backsides and do something constructive for humanity". How ironic that is what she and her ilk are the most afraid off.

Shame based cultures are good and bad. Like most things in life. True there are some really obscene abuses of this, but a lot of good also comes out of shame based societies as opposed to guilt based societies.

Mention any good thing that comes from shame based society, that is a product of actual shame, not something that exists in that society regardless.
If you look at shame based societies like India, Pakistan, parts of Middle East , South east Asia, the only ones who are pressured by society are the weak like rape victims, poor farmers and so on. The big people including businessmen, politicians, etc go on doing whatever they want without any shame or pressure.

One of the Muslim families whose young daughter was raped in the recent Indian riots said if their village came to know of the gang rape, they would be ostracized and shamed by society, there is no anyone can convince me that this is a good thing

Last edited:
This whole thing of keeping your shame private can only apply to individuals. Nations and communities have no such privacy protection. Not in the past and even less so in today's world with its connectivity.

Cults have tried to keep their practices private and it always results in misery for the ordinary folks and misuse of influence by those holding power in the cult.

It is ridiculous to even suggest that Malala should have been gagged (for thats what the argument boils down to) to keep things within national borders.

Really people should stop treating malala as the next great leader what if she has shown concern every pakistani even some of the americans are against them but does it matter with USA Govt. if Malala has that much concern of this nation then why not come back and face the music its easy sitting in the modern world and showing concern for a third world country :)) now we all know what is her goal "to be the next stooge PM of the country :sharif

Really people should stop treating malala as the next great leader what if she has shown concern every pakistani even some of the americans are against them but does it matter with USA Govt. if Malala has that much concern of this nation then why not come back and face the music its easy sitting in the modern world and showing concern for a third world country :)) now we all know what is her goal "to be the next stooge PM of the country :sharif

ah... maybe she was shot in the head? Have you ever been shot at point blank range?

For normal people living outside Pakistan,they are even wary of visiting Pakistan due to the poor security situation even though they have not gone through what this little girl did.Do you think after being shot at point blank and going thorough all kinds of violence,would anyone like to go back?Plus, she is only a kid,she should be even more fearful of what happened in the past.

Last edited:
@LegendInzi:-I think you just read the news involving Malala. Too many Malala threads coming and 2nd one from you in as many days :p :D :yk

It is ridiculous to even suggest that Malala should have been gagged (for thats what the argument boils down to) to keep things within national borders.

That's not the point of the shame based culture argument.

You've missed the point and jumped to a conclusion none of us even implied.

Thanks for your time.

Last edited:
Mention any good thing that comes from shame based society, that is a product of actual shame, not something that exists in that society regardless.
If you look at shame based societies like India, Pakistan, parts of Middle East , South east Asia, the only ones who are pressured by society are the weak like rape victims, poor farmers and so on. The big people including businessmen, politicians, etc go on doing whatever they want without any shame or pressure.

One of the Muslim families whose young daughter was raped in the recent Indian riots said if their village came to know of the gang rape, they would be ostracized and shamed by society, there is no anyone can convince me that this is a good thing

Good point. It is abused. Nobody is doubting that.

But the good I'm talking about is the sense of filial piety and the name of your family that would stop an individual from doing something that would bring shame upon them. There is good in that.

But as you said it gets abused as well. So we have perverse abuses such as honour killings and rape victims being ostracised.

I'm not arguing for or against a shame based society. I'm just saying Pakistan lives in one and so any issue that Pakistanis may have with the way the media is running this story should be seen with that in mind.

Typical desi comment-sounds very clever when you say in the living room in front of equally gullible people but just sounds plain stupid when you say it front of anybody with a modicum of intelligence.

Why is Malala hyped so much?

What are her actual contributions to the betterment of Pakistan?
Has she practically done anything of note?

I can't think of anything, the only thing she has done is written and said things that people have liked but in the practical world it amounts to nothing and is useless.

Even i have great ideas but that does not mean that i get nominated for the Noble Peace award.

Her actual contributions towards peace are in fact, 0.

So all those crying that she should have gotten the award are wrong, she should not have been nominated in the first place, it is a disgrace that she was.

I can't think of anything, the only thing she has done is written and said things that people have liked but in the practical world it amounts to nothing and is useless.

Even i have great ideas but that does not mean that i get nominated for the Noble Peace award.

So all those crying that she should have gotten the award are wrong, she should not have been nominated in the first place, it is a disgrace that she was.

They gave 'peace' prize to Obama IIRC last year. So this political BS. I am happy she didn't get the noble, this way her name won't be mentioned with ppl like Obama.

Malala is true pride of Pakistan :) A symbol (I hope you get it some day)

Raising awareness is the first step towards improvement and to that end, she has done more than most Pakistanis ever would. If you go out on the street and interview random people, 9 out of 10 will not even acknowledge the fact that women are discriminated against in this country, especially when it comes to the educational opportunities available to them. Of the few who do acknowledge the existence of the problem, 2 out of 3 would try to justify it in one way or another by conflating the discrimination with religious doctrine which can not be challenged under any circumstances. She took a stand, got shot in the head and for what it's worth, at least people got to hear about it all over the world. Just how sensitive this country and it's people are to their dirty little secrets being exposed is evident from the reaction of the overwhelming majority of the Pakistani public to a 14 year old kid getting shot in the head.

Great, so when are we gonna see you go and raise these issues amongst taliban rather than just typing them out in a forum which will do nothing?

Because she spoke against those monsters who want to take us back to the stone age and got shot point blank in the process.Our leaders do not even have the guts to utter a single word against these monsters but this little girl did.I bet If you were in her place,you would have submitted to their brutality.She took a stand.

Sometimes, I think we do not deserve intellectual and bright minded people.This girl should be praised but no,this is Pakistan where anyone with a progressive mind is labelled as an agent of the west.

If you have great ideas,what are you doing on PP,go out and make a difference.

Because she spoke against those monsters who want to take us back to the stone age and got shot point blank in the process.Our leaders do not even have the guts to utter a single word against these monsters but this little girl did.I bet If you were in her place,you would have submitted to their brutality.She took a stand.

Sometimes, I think we do not deserve intellectual and bright minded people.This girl should be praised but no,this is Pakistan where anyone with a progressive mind is labelled as an agent of the west.

Already there.

Most people don't know the background information of this, but then again they act so ignorant and make such threads.

What most people have in mind is that Malala got shot in the head and after that she started all the awareness thing, but what most ignorant people are not aware of is that Malala first started awarness of what women were facing in swat by Blogging it.

This all started in 2008, she started blogging about the life in Swat when the Taliban were taking over, and knowing that Taliban would attack her if she did wrote this diary blog, she still decided to went on with it.

After that she started to mention how taliban had banned school for girls, and slowly started to get recognized. By 2012 she had got good recognition, and death threats were given through all. She is a user of Facebook, she even received threats through Facebook aswell. After that she din't stop, and then the Taliban attacked her..... Why? For spreading awareness of what was happening in Swatt

Hence, just for the sake of awareness she actually risked her life, got shot in the skull, almost died, and after that got more recognition and she din't stop even after almost dieing, and still continued with her work.

I will be honest, i had no idea about her until she was shot. But before i gave my opinion about her, i actually went through about what she had done(which most people dont bother and go on to critisize her)

Plus after her work, she was being said to be considered for Nobel Prize, which is one of the biggest Awards out there. Someone getting such an award deserves the hype. Only one person won this prize and it was Abdul Salaam, who also was criticize alot by public for being Ahmedi.

Alot of credit goes to her dad, for allowing her to do this, even after knowing her daughters life would be at risk...

Honestly, tell me who would bother to do such an awareness thing? Who would actually risk his life? Even after receiving death threats or getting shot would carry on with such a work that someone would continue to threaten you?

To be honest, i won't, but that doesn't mean i act ignorant and start bashing those people who are actually doing something which I would just imagine of doing and do nothing about it.

Last edited:

Why are you promoting Nationalism? Are you Muslim or not?

She's already achieved what most of us couldn't in our whole life. We live in a sexist society and that needs to change. She's the only thing positive to come out of pakistan after a long time so appreciate, don't hate. Unless you're envious of course

She is a muslim. What she does is for the betterment of the ummah at large, not just some lines scrabbled into the ground...unless you dont agree with Islam about nationalism.

Nation above Allah statistics?

Back