Malala Yousafzai - Mega Discussion Thread

Let us stop this argument We aren't gonna get anything from Malala if we keep on praising her and worshiping her. And neither is it gonna change my opinion.
#Peace
#NoReplies You guys have bored me to death by defending a girl as if she really cares about Pakistan.

BBC said the OPCW was a 'late entry', and discussions went on late into the evening. Until that moment Malala was the clear favourite.
Political machinations me thinks.

Well she said, she wants to be a politician, I guess this must be her first lesson on how to be successful politician in today's world

@saeedhk: Illuminate us with your wisdom on the Nurse Nayira case specifically. Really waiting to read your defence....

It was a propaganda to boost support for the Gulf war.Now, please do not say that the west would use this little girl to invade Pakistan.

So a man jumps out of blue and starts attacking me. Puh-lease!
At least I try and follow Islam. Malala says she wants to be PM of Pakistan and then sits in UK without coming to Pakistan? Height of blind following.

Even a normal patriotic Pakistani is wary of going to Pakistan.So,we should hate her as she is unwilling to go to Pakistan.Wah kya baat hai!

It was a propaganda to boost support for the Gulf war.Now, please do not say that the west would use this little girl to invade Pakistan.

There you said it, thank you. Malala or no malala, then why should we not be careful or wary of larger plans - the ones you like to bash as stupid conspiracy theorists?

Reminds me of Madonna and Anjelina

5332070601.png

There you said it, thank you. Malala or no malala, then why should we not be careful or wary of larger plans - the ones you like to bash as stupid conspiracy theorists?

It would be foolish to think that that the USA would invade Pakistan through Malala.If the US wanted,It could have invaded Pakistan a long time ago by using even better excuses such as us harboring OBL,presence of Haqqani network in Waziristan,alleged support of Afghan Taliban to attack foreign forces and many more.So,do not lie to youself and think about it logically and critically.She is just a kid.

It is simple really. Malala is honest but the media machinery and US are not honest. Obviously they want her as a symbol to justify unsanctioned strikes against Pakistan.

Don't find any similarity with Nayara/Nayirah in this case. Don't know if OP is suggesting the whole thing to be a drama or not.

It would be foolish to think that that the USA would invade Pakistan through Malala.If the US wanted,It could have invaded Pakistan a long time ago by using even better excuses such as us harboring OBL,presence of Haqqani network in Waziristan,alleged support of Afghan Taliban to attack foreign forces and many more.So,do not lie to youself and think about it logically and critically.She is just a kid.

First, you lack clarity of thought and ought to adjust your stance on foreign conspiracy theories. At least Pakistani populace is careful enough in accepting whats sent down their throat. If you were there at time of Iraq-Kuwait conflict, you perhaps would have been bashing anyone speaking against this girl as 'Walmart, Starburck, World bank theorist blah blah' and probably shedding a tear or two for the girl.

And on the quoted post - the excuses are never enough. They require public support, popular backing of common man to JUSTIFY war on terror and drone strikes. They need to 'feel good' about saving innocent girls from 'evil locals'. More seriously, to hide their own heinous crimes in the same region. If she isn't currently being used, what might stop them from using this card in the future? Read Saqs post to understand the essence of this thread and comparison between Malala and Nayirra.

It is simple really. Malala is honest but the media machinery and US are not honest. Obviously they want her as a symbol to justify unsanctioned strikes against Pakistan.

Don't find any similarity with Nayara/Nayirah in this case. Don't know if OP is suggesting the whole thing to be a drama or not.

Similarity: They are using Malala to justify current (and likely future) strikes on Pakistan like they used Nayirra fraud to justify jumping into Kuwait-Iraq conflict. Nowhere in this thread have I mentioned drama, there are no connotations, read the disclaimer.

Last edited:
I doubt you have the intellect to present your viewpoints in a reasonable and logical manner.This is a sign of a person whose viewpoints are based on a warped and illogical view of the world.

oh the irony.

I knew the thread was going to be derailed and thus put a disclaimer immediately after OP. Its not question of girl's bravery or her message that we all appreciate. Its about the uncanny similarity with how nurse nayirrah case was used to develop a public perception and how same ploy might again be in place given the unusual hype she is getting from them.

yes they will use her. They are using her. But they are using other things too for example attacks in afghanistan or anytime they catch some terror suspect, and so forth. The case is already made for an attack against Pakistan. All it needs is areason. Thats it. Malala is just a pawn.

But even though this is happeneing Allah swt is the greatest and we should own her message! It si the best response to the above. Own it, use it and benefit. Else they will simply continue with the corruption.

First, you lack clarity of thought and ought to adjust your stance on foreign conspiracy theories. At least Pakistani populace is careful enough in accepting whats sent down their throat. If you were there at time of Iraq-Kuwait conflict, you perhaps would have been bashing anyone speaking against this girl as 'Walmart, Starburck, World bank theorist blah blah' and probably shedding a tear or two for the girl.

And on the quoted post - the excuses are never enough. They require public support, popular backing of common man to JUSTIFY war on terror and drone strikes. They need to 'feel good' about saving innocent girls from 'evil locals'. More seriously, to hide their own heinous crimes in the same region. If she isn't currently being used, what might stop them from using this card in the future? Read Saqs post to understand the essence of this thread and comparison between Malala and Nayirra.

You are going off-topic and you did not answer my question.I said why of all reasons ,would they use Malala to justify an attack on Pakistan?Read posts carefully before replying.Also,Pakistan is already under attack from the US.What else could they do?People like you on Defense Day say nobody can invade us because we have nukes and now you are ignoring the aspects of nuclear weapons which Pakistan owns.

Last edited:
I just think the point of the article remains no matter how poorly it is stated. And I haven't read the entire article because it seemed like a massive rant.

Yep.... one switches off after a couple of paragraphs because of the overtly chippy tone. The legitimate grievance in the message gets lost.

You are going off-topic and you did not answer my question.I said why of all reasons ,would they use Malala to justify an attack on Pakistan.Read posts carefully before replying.Also,Pakistan is already under attack from the US.What else could they do?People like you on Defense Day say nobody can invade us because we have nukes and now you are ignoring the aspects of nuclear weapons which Pakistan owns.

Lol, did you even read the second paragraph of my post?

Nevertheless, I hope you do stand corrected by this thread. Next time before jumping on and dissing a view as baseless conspiracy theory, and that they never conspire against us, remember this thread.

Lol, did you even read the second paragraph of my post?

Nevertheless, I hope you do stand corrected by this thread. Next time before jumping on and dissing a view as baseless conspiracy theory, and that they never conspire against us, remember this thread.

Again,you are running away from a question which is typical of you.Whatever makes you happy.

Of course Malala would be used to justify attacks on the Taliban. NATO is at war with them, so why wouldn't they use it to their advantage? Propaganda has always been a part of it. Not only will it be useful to justify drone strikes in Pakistan, but also to put pressure on the Pakistan army to keep up the offensive in FATA. It's just common sense from a NATO point of view.

Malala Yousafzai = Nurse Nayirah?

The ugly irony at play is that her truth and message is being used or will be used to justify the exact opposite of what she stands for.

Malala = stands for the message that education is the key to end terrorism. Not bombs or violence.

America = will most likely use her as the face of oppressed Pakistani women and commit the same things she stands firmly against ie bombs and violence.

People need to stop being so quick to judge people who question the reason why she has been put on a media pedestal. They are not questioning her. We all know how dirty politics can get.

That said. At the end of the day, I really do hope that her truth and message shines through to the world and that she isn't used a symbol to justify acts she is clearly against.

Post of the thread right here .Well said .

@LegendInzi is a true LEGEND! Well done,mate. Very nicely put and made this @saeedhk aka @MalalaChamcha:)yk :p) realize something,hopefully.

@LegendInzi is a true LEGEND! Well done,mate. Very nicely put and made this @saeedhk aka @MalalaChamcha:)yk :p) realize something,hopefully.

See,you cannot even debate in a meaningful and proper way.You resort to personal remarks.Shame on you.

Btw,he could not even answer my question.

I think some Pakistanis really need to separate the hype and western agenda from Malala and her message. Ask yourself this question: when was the last time you had a young grl from pakistan, proudly wearing her traditional dress, speak fluent english live on the Daily show?" can you imagine the impact that single appearance can have?

I dont agree with the media hype in the west because they turn anything pure, impure, its their nature its what they do.

But Malala is a true hero and has a purpose and I hope she continues to get her message across. Instead of slandering her maybe Pakistanis should own her message. But as usual maybe we dont deserve her. Are we so cynical and beghairat that we see a conspiracy in everything?

we were cynical about the deen and then handed it over to the taliban, we were cynical about politics and handed it over to ganja and the lords, now we are cynical about a simple message like this and have handed it over to the western hype machine. If Pakistan was a football team and this was a football match we would have lost 6-0. all own goals!

Brilliant from TGK. I know you are perhaps more conservatively leaning than I am but this post hits all the right notes. Pakistanis are so used to despair that the moment a potential glimmer of hope arrives - people are suspicious and cynical.

Of course Malala would be used to justify attacks on the Taliban. NATO is at war with them, so why wouldn't they use it to their advantage? Propaganda has always been a part of it. Not only will it be useful to justify drone strikes in Pakistan, but also to put pressure on the Pakistan army to keep up the offensive in FATA. It's just common sense from a NATO point of view.

I don't think the west are justifying the Afghanistan war anymore, they've resigned themselves to defeat and withdrawal and the war-weary public isn't going to be swayed on the matter. Well, when did the west ever care about public opinion ? The 2003 Iraq War was universally condemned and they still pressed ahead with it. Even the attempts to sway public opinion on Syria isn't working.

Last edited:
did not know about Nurse Nayirah at all. Thanks for sharing.

But Malala Yousafzai is definitely not Nurse Nayirah.

Whats the irony?Posters asked him to explain himself which he replied with useless words.

He says I am Afghan/Pashtun and Pashtun nationalist and this the reason why I don't like Malala Yousufzai who is guess what, also pashtun.

So how can I respond different then Warka dang.

Poor journalism & those opposing this girl have medieval barbaric mentality too .

Taliban did a bad thing to Malala, but they brought her closer to Supreme Being. People want to destroy her, physically and mentally. They thought it would be an insult to Islam if she lived. She was a child blessed by God to survive, this has inflicted a serious defeat and pain on the enemy.

Malala: The real story (with evidence)

The article is all over the Urdu press, being hailed as true, complete with headlines such as "her name is Jane, she is from a Christian Polish family" etc.

Sheikh Rasheed, if it is his official account, tweeted about it.

The stupidly of our right-wing compatriots knows no bounds whatsoever.

I don't think the west are justifying the Afghanistan war anymore, they've resigned themselves to defeat and withdrawal and the war-weary public isn't going to be swayed on the matter. Well, when did the west ever care about public opinion ? The 2003 Iraq War was universally condemned and they still pressed ahead with it. Even the attempts to sway public opinion on Syria isn't working.

This.I have been saying this.Why would they use this little girl as an excuse to attack Pakistan?If they wanted,they could have done that using even greater excuses such as us harboring OBL.

At the height of the Cold War, the Soviets instituted the Lenin Peace Prize as a rival to the Nobel. There were notable and worthy recipients too: Faiz Sb, Edhi, Sartre, Neruda, Mandela etc.

What the mullahs should do is create an Ibn Taymiyya Memorial Prize. Dish it out to all these luminaries of the terroristic galaxy. Posthumous awards acceptable too, what with the preponderance of suicide bombers. Cash paid out in Saudi petrodollars, a trophy shaped like a Kalashnikov, burka-clad hotties bringing the trophy out, the works.

:)) Your posts have the perfected the art of tongue-in-cheek. Agree with the tone of it too.

As for the OP, we have allowed this Saudi-sponsored brand of faith to fester in society and poison far too many minds. These thugs, and anyone affiliated with them need to be fast-tracked through the courts and for swift justice to be dispensed.

Taliban did a bad thing to Malala, but they brought her closer to Supreme Being. People want to destroy her, physically and mentally. They thought it would be an insult to Islam if she lived. She was a child blessed by God to survive, this has inflicted a serious defeat and pain on the enemy.

A sane voice.The whole world is praising this terrific lady but no,us Pakistanis would make up lame excuses to hate her.We love to make up conspiracy theories.

No Nobel Prize for Malala

Warka dang would be a good name for a band. Except I haven't the faintest idea what it means. Sort of like the guy who got "chicken with broccoli" in Chinese characters tattooed on himself.

Can the mods on here please merge the 11 threads on Malala Yousufzai. Let's just have a Malala megathread on all matters involving her.

It seems she is to the Time Pass section what Shahid Afridi is to the cricket forum in terms of polarised debate.

He says I am Afghan/Pashtun and Pashtun nationalist and this the reason why I don't like Malala Yousufzai who is guess what, also pashtun.

Can you at least respond to how the "Western media" is exploiting her?

Oh you can't. Keep "warka danging", that's all you're capable of.

No Nobel Prize for Malala

What's with all the Malala threads man....merge them?

y7u4u3eb.jpg

OK. So let us sum it up-
We came to know about her story,we heard it and she was appreciated for all that she was doing and is doing. But I think it is getting over the top now. We accepted her story and we sympathized with her. She came into the spotlight and it is just going over the top now. She has been coming in the news too much. Then Taliban come out and start saying that they are going to kill her. She says that we should solve the issue with dialogue. Please stop this. It is becoming a drama!

Can you at least respond to how the "Western media" is exploiting her?

Oh you can't. Keep "warka danging", that's all you're capable of.

actually "Saqs" has explained it in one of the threads related to Malala on how the "western media" is exploiting this.

Usual great social commentary from NFP. Surprised to see that some of our more conservative members haven't already invaded the thread and launched ad hominem attacks against NFP for his love of alcohol or his 'liberal'(and therefore fair game for any sort of attack) views on matters that leave maulvis of all shades foaming at the mouth.

Although there is no proof whatsoever for it - even if the US is "using" Malala for war mongering, what is the proposed solution? Malala stops preaching education and pacifism?

The article is all over the Urdu press, being hailed as true, complete with headlines such as "her name is Jane, she is from a Christian Polish family" etc.

Sheikh Rasheed, if it is his official account, tweeted about it.

The stupidly of our right-wing compatriots knows no bounds whatsoever.

Why expect any better from the Urdu media? How can you expect any better when trash like Orya Maqbool Jan is amongst the most prolific and respected journalists and the likes of Hamid Gul get syndicated columns in some of the bestselling papers in the country.

Haha. Yes. Exactly.

They certainly have a very warped interpretation of Islam. Some Muslims highlight the West, Israel and India as the main threats to Islam, but the extremists of Islam are far more dangerous to its own future than any outside force.

True, but I believe you meant, main threat to Muslims, not Islam, Islam is a believe, and those who understand Islam and its teaching would say that West, Israel, India, and "Mullah Terrorists" or anyone can never threaten Islam.

At the height of the Cold War, the Soviets instituted the Lenin Peace Prize as a rival to the Nobel. There were notable and worthy recipients too: Faiz Sb, Edhi, Sartre, Neruda, Mandela etc.

What the mullahs should do is create an Ibn Taymiyya Memorial Prize. Dish it out to all these luminaries of the terroristic galaxy. Posthumous awards acceptable too, what with the preponderance of suicide bombers. Cash paid out in Saudi petrodollars, a trophy shaped like a Kalashnikov, burka-clad hotties bringing the trophy out, the works.

probably the funniest post in this thread.

Tragic part of it all is Malala probably thinks she's doing such a good thing going around and being a voice for women and girls worldwide.

She probably is doing more harm than good to her fellow nationals in Pak. All it is doing is allowing the foreign forces like the States to feel good and justified about their countless war crimes abroad.

But are there any physical, and observable consequences? When you find evidence suggesting a rise in drone strikes, war crimes, etc, directly linked to Malala's words please post it here.

Regardless, while these notions may be true, and disturbingly so, they offer no solution.

Unless you are suggesting that Malala stop preaching education, and the emancipation of women, which I don't suppose is the case.

Malala: The real story (with evidence)

I remember how, right after the US moved into Afghanistan, NFP wrote a satirical piece in The News on Sunday, that included references to the new Hard Rock Cafe opening in Kabul, with Junoon being invited to play at the opening ceremony, and Gulbadin Hikmatyar spotted back stage.

You will be surprised at the number of people, and these are people who actually read what was then a fine English daily, who took it for the literal truth.

Hahaha thank you sir, the pleasure is all mine! :))

did not know about Nurse Nayirah at all. Thanks for sharing.

But Malala Yousafzai is definitely not Nurse Nayirah.

True, the difference is that Nurse Nayirah knew what purpose she was serving and was privy to the plan, however, Malala apparently doesn't.

Malala is a tool of imperialists to further their agenda in Pakistan. The naive feminazis might choose to ignore it today but they will realize the reality someday in the future.

^^You can laugh but It will not change the fact that you both could not even answer a single question of mine in over 6 hours.:)

@ LEGENDINZI:

And you've compiled all the evidence and now you know for a certainty that the US is in fact using Malala to engage in war... ?

Strikes-Per-Year-Dash10.jpg

Oh look! A graph! But wth, why let facts get in the way. That's just silly of us.

http://drones.pitchinteractive.com/

Everyone should give this a watch.

Drone strikes, and the casualties associated with it, are in fact DECREASING. There is no relationship between Malala's activism and more aggressive US military activity...

No evidence whatsoever. But as always, the Pakistani mind focuses more on speculation and conspiracies than any hard evidence and rational thinking.

If Malala wants to return to Pakistan then for now she must focus completely on her goal of female education rather than taking unnecessary digs at Taliban at every opportunity to please her Western Masters, which will make her only vulnerable to an attack from Talibs.

^ So "attacking" the Taliban, even verbally, is unnecessary? Shouldn't criticism of the Taliban please YOU just as much? The girl wants to have bloody picnics and tea with the Taliban and even THAT offends you?

Wow. Some Pakistanis are still closeted Talibanophiles. Disgusting.

Here is the main problem with Malala critics;

They are using a strawman image of her to attack here, i.e. she is being judged as a spokesman of all of Pakistan's problems, so whenever she opens her mouth, she is attacked for not mentioning drones before and after her speech.
By the same token she does not mention bhatta khori in Karachi, or police corruption or sectarian strife. She talks about some problems caused by TTP in one small part of Pakistan.

Malala is a tool of imperialists to further their agenda in Pakistan. The naive feminazis might choose to ignore it today but they will realize the reality someday in the future.

What is there to further ?!

The west are virtually are bankrolling the economy with IMF loans, they supply weapons to our army, they are constantly invading Pakistanis territory through drones, Pakistan have allowed NATO convoys to pass through to supply troops in Afghanistan, we have shared extensive intelligence information with western countries and the list goes on.

Pakistan has already become a satellite state of the US, well before the Malala incident, and it hasn't even required any 'hidden agendas' !

says the ones who have killed innocent 60,000 Pakistanis..the irony..

The people that shot her in the head were Pashtun too.

Last edited:
Back