National T20 Cup | Day 13 | 23 Nov, 2017 | Lhr B v Rawalpindi, Faisalabad v Peshawar | Match Thread

giri26

T20I Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Lahore B v Rawalpindi (12:00 local | 07:00 GMT | 18:00 AEDT | 17:30 ACDT | 15:00 AWST)

Lahore B Squad: Abid Ali, Adnan Akmal †, Agha Salman, Ahmed Shehzad, Aizaz Cheema, Atif Jabbar, Babar Azam, Ghulam Mudassar, Hussain Talat, Imam-ul-Haq, Junaid Khan, Khalid Usman, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hafeez (c), Saad Nasim, Tayyab Tahir

Rawalpindi Squad: Adnan Ghaus, Ahsan Ali, Fawad Alam, Iftikhar Ahmed, Mohammad Abbas, Mohammad Asghar, Mohammad Irfan(4), Mohammad Nawaz(3), Nasir Nawaz, Rameez Aziz, Shadab Khan, Sohail Tanvir, Umair Masood †, Umar Amin (c), Zain Abbas

Faisalabad v Peshawar (Day/Night 16:00 local | 11:00 GMT | 22:00 AEDT | 21:30 ACDT | 19:00 AWST)

Faisalabad Squad: Ali Shan, Ali Waqas, Asad Ali, Asad Raza, Asif Ali, Faheem Ashraf, Gauhar Ali †, Imran Butt, Imran Khalid, Khurram Shehzad, Mohammad Sami, Saeed Ajmal (c), Sahibzada Farhan, Sohaib Maqsood, Taj Wali, Yasir Shah

Peshawar Squad: Fakhar Zaman, Imran Khan, Imran Khan(1), Israrullah, Kashif Bhatti, Mohammad Imran(1), Mohammad Rizwan (c) †, Musadiq Ahmed, Naved Yasin, Rafatullah Mohmand, Saif Badar, Sohail Khan, Usman Qadir, Waqas Maqsood, Zohaib Khan

Last edited by a moderator:
Rawalpindi 4/0 (0.2/20 ov) v Lahore Blues
Lahore Blues won the toss and elected to field

Today Zeeshan Malik is Playing for Pindi team

Rawal pindi All out on 118. top scorer from pindi side, ifti chacha made 60 runs in 33 balls .

I was hoping Faisalabad would bat first. Match will end quickly.

Some lovely strokes from Gauhar Ali.

A kid that has gone relatively unnoticed is Agha Salman... every time I open the scorecard he has good innings of 20-30 at strike rate of 150 or better. Remaining not out plenty of times. Perhaps he is someone we can try in T20s. Can bowl as well.

A kid that has gone relatively unnoticed is Agha Salman... every time I open the scorecard he has good innings of 20-30 at strike rate of 150 or better. Remaining not out plenty of times. Perhaps he is someone we can try in T20s. Can bowl as well.

atleast should be tried in PSL. But psl selectors dont watch domestic.

atleast should be tried in PSL. But psl selectors dont watch domestic.

I think PSL team scouts etc would be keenly following this tournament but PCB being PCB held the drafted before the tournament finished

Imran Khalid did a Miandad :jm

Zeeshan played some lovely shots in the first match but his S/R was down. Looks like it was the same story with Sahibzada.

Can't believe the second match got so close. Presumably the pitch was slow? (my stream cut off).

Thank you! This is what I have been saying. Bowls handy offspinners but people need to stop trying to turn him into being primarily a bowler. He is a proper batsman who can bowl.

He only started bowling recently. He is primarily a batsman. He will not get in the team on the basis of his bowling. If you want to develop someone who is primarily an offspinner look at (i) Ashiq Ali and (ii) Ahmer Ajaz ("discovered" in LQ Talent Hunt- video has been uploaded by Abdullah bhai. He is raw but key ingredients are there).

Agha Salman is a proper batsman. I am not sure whether his performances from this cup have been uploaded but look at the last three games (reverse chronology):

34* (22) (batting at 3 chasing)
17* (7) (batting at 6 chasing)
28* (17) (batting at 6 first)

Bowling figures are also good:

3-8 from 1.4 overs
0-30 from 4 overs
1-19 from 3 overs

Zeeshan played some lovely shots in the first match but his S/R was down. Looks like it was the same story with Sahibzada.

Can't believe the second match got so close. Presumably the pitch was slow? (my stream cut off).

Zeeshan looked a bit nervy. Understandable because it was his first match, and only chance to show what he can do.

I didn't see most of the second match barring the last few overs; stroke-making was not easy for sure.

Faheem seemed to have pulled a hamstring at the end whilst taking a quick single so hope he's OK.

The Rawalpindi pitch after days of play finally unravelling. The wicket was not of T20 standard. Another management debacle on the maintenance issue but as Shakeel Sheikh is associated with this ground and his sons and nephews are not in every team, not a huge issue as per their standards.
Evening with more chilly conditions bowl was bit seaming and Sohail darted in-swing into the batsmen. Rifatulah Mohmand did wonderful captaincy and capped most of the gaps making it difficult for Faisalabad batsmen. If Total was 150+ it would've been tough for Faisalabad to win this match. Peshawar fielders saved runs and did some really good dives to keep it to singles but dropped easy catches.
Dropped 2 catches in Kamran Ghulam's over, one caught & bowled by kamran himself [giving life to Farhan] and another by Imran[of Asif Ali] which was easy as a 5 year old could catch it. The over ended with 2 fielders playing bit of football with the bowl where Faisalabad took 2 easy runs which should've been one.
Amzing performance by Peshawar bowlers, Kashif Bhatti, Kamran Ghulam and Sohail Khan. Kashif Bhatti is a great find, he almost took Sohaib wicket with ball breaking and going just over the bails. Kamran Ghulam was getting more turn. Farhan played steadily.

The Rawalpindi pitch after days of play finally unravelling. The wicket was not of T20 standard. Another management debacle on the maintenance issue but as Shakeel Sheikh is associated with this ground and his sons and nephews are not in every team, not a huge issue as per their standards.
Evening with more chilly conditions bowl was bit seaming and Sohail darted in-swing into the batsmen. Rifatulah Mohmand did wonderful captaincy and capped most of the gaps making it difficult for Faisalabad batsmen. If Total was 150+ it would've been tough for Faisalabad to win this match. Peshawar fielders saved runs and did some really good dives to keep it to singles but dropped easy catches.
Dropped 2 catches in Kamran Ghulam's over, one caught & bowled by kamran himself [giving life to Farhan] and another by Imran[of Asif Ali] which was easy as a 5 year old could catch it. The over ended with 2 fielders playing bit of football with the bowl where Faisalabad took 2 easy runs which should've been one.
Amzing performance by Peshawar bowlers, Kashif Bhatti, Kamran Ghulam and Sohail Khan. Kashif Bhatti is a great find, he almost took Sohaib wicket with ball breaking and going just over the bails. Kamran Ghulam was getting more turn. Farhan played steadily.

I think after ages I have seen a perfect T20 pitch in Pakistan.... flat hard pitches where ball comes nicely onto the bat.... but the problem is that when u r continously playing on 2 pitches without any rest they are bound to become worse each passing day.
This is premier domestic tournament and it should have been played at atleast 4-5 venues

Back