New Zealand v India | 1st Test | Auckland | Day 4 | 9 February 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as though the test will end today. Will NZ take the 9 wickets they require of will India chase 400 plus for a memorable comeback victory!

The match which was looking one sided suddenly looking an exciting match now :14:

Think India will win it. They've done superbly to get back into the game.

Depends on swing nz will get. Without it they are army of trundlers with average spinner.

By the end of today, I'd be surprised if there's no clear winner.

New Zealand will win this. If the conditions in the past few mornings are anything to go by, the Indian batting will not surpass 290 in this innings.

On one vital condition though - Virat Kohl does not last more than 10 overs (which means New Zealand, particularly Trent Boult or Tim Southee, need to use the conditions well and remove the overnight batsmen quickly).

Last edited:
NZ have to be clear favourites from this position.

Time has finally arrived to unleash the final punch and knock out the Kiwi's once and for all. With today's win our superiority over the Kiwi's is forever intact #bleedblue #knockout #believe

T9Tr0EH.gif

I mean 406 is still a long way away. India have to bat well to get their, regardless of conditions.

That GIF. :))

But London_Lahori's thread seems to have gotten here first.

I'm waiting for Kohli to bat ... Expecting a great tussle though think NZ will edge it just.

I'm glad to see Dhawan batting with some application.

But let's hope he gets out soon :91:

It's important that NZ keep the run rate down so that they have enough runs to play with once second new ball becomes available.

Pujara and kohli wicket will be key here macca missed the trick by not enforcing india to follow on

What a beauty by Southee!! Picks up Pujara. Wide of the crease, gets it to move away late. Pujara could only nick it to BJ.

take these guys outside of India and they just nick off for fun to the slips

That was beauty from Saudi.

Pujara had no option but to play at it. Too good of a delivery.

India has to be careful and not lose anymore wickets in the first 1 hour.

Batting will be super easy after the first hour of play.

Absolute jaffa from Southee.

He has improved massively in last two years. Very accurate bowling.

Pujara couldn't do nothing about that ball.

That moved a lot, that was a ripper.

That was beauty from Saudi.

Pujara had no option but to play at it. Too good of a delivery.

India has to be careful and not lose anymore wickets in the first 1 hour.

Batting will be super easy after the first hour of play.

Don't think it had any thing to do with conditions. It seamed off the pitch. The thing is if you bowl in the right channel consistently you are bound to create opportunities even on flat tracks. Southee has been in the money from the word go.

Kohli needs to play straight. Early on he has a tendency to play across the line a bit. Got to cater for the late movement Southee gets every now and then.

Goodness me, take me out? Lol.

Haven't you got skygo on your phone?

I'm on the laptop right now but it is an old version and so I doubt it will be able to run streams (old one is broken, and this is meant to only be a short-term replacement).

My last phone broke and besides, it was an old phone anyway. Need to get a replacement for it.

Southee testing Kohli with in-duckers. Kohli playing around his front leg.

Watling too was moving down the leg side in that Pujara dismissal. That tells you something about the quality of the delivery.

I have a good feeling that India will pull this off with Kohli, Dhawan and Sharma.

Sun is shinning, pitch is baking, Dhawan is flowing, what a beautiful day #thisisourgame #bleedblue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back