New Zealand v India | T20 | Christchurch | 25/2/09

They say 140 k.. batsman are too early into the shot.. something wrong with speed measurement?

holy moly, sehwag is on fire, remind me afridi in his early days, playing like a mindless slogger.

Ball hardly bounced.. went under the bat. Pitch is slow. By the time bat passes the ball he had finished the shot.

2 ghastly looking kits on display. India's I expect.

Now the Kiwis! They look much better in 'all black'

They just don't want to get used to the pitch. It is two paced as Sehwag already disclosed. Don't know why they are playing like this.

FTBs crashing !

Somebody fuel the plane back to India :p

india is in deep trouble, i guess anything above 140 is unchaseble, pitch is acting completely weird, any fast bowlers will have a great time here.

Yusuf Pathan's a lucky boy!

Absolutely PLUMB - hitting middle of middle - not out!

Yusuf Pathan - OUT!

Could have been 4 sixes!!! But he catches it, jumps over the boundary - releases the ball - and re-catches it!

ok its definately mindless cricket from india, they should have preserve the wickets instead of going after mindless slogging. game over for india i guess.

Come on guys 2.2 overs 3 runs.. Vettori is not that good. come on guys.. don't play like stupids.

IronMan2009 said:
10 sixes not even 10 overs gone.. looks like they just came here to have some fun.
out of 87, 60 runs from six'es alone :)

Last edited:
I was wondering T20 experience is not required to do well. But 2 games in 15 months is showing here.

Pathan (no.2) OUT for 12 - rather tamely gives his wkt away

101-7 off 13.3

Fat bloke takes wkt

Soft dismissal. India is losing plot like they did in T20 against australia at MCG. Glad they start with T20 instead of Tests.

Am I the only one who thinks India can still win this? I have a feeling that they will be able to score somewhere in 130's or more and can win this game...

They pretty much did the same in SL .. sudden collapse But India had Yusuf then. Now Yusuf left. no Irfan left.

That is where Vettori belongs.. dang.. Vettori is a good bowler. But not that good to be this economical.

NZ are a crap team - India will polish them off for under a 100

if vettori can bowl this good in T20, i demand immediate inclusion of Kaneria in pakistan squad.

Sultanofswing said:
if vettori can bowl this good in T20, i demand immediate inclusion of Kaneria in pakistan squad.

Vettori>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Kaneria anywhere on any pitch in any match

Sultanofswing said:

Vettori has something in his head other than air, which you require in 20/20 and which our spin maestro seems to lack.
On the other hand Vettori is probably one of the best thinking odi/ 20/20 bowlers around.

checkers.llvllaster said:
Am I the only one who thinks India can still win this? I have a feeling that they will be able to score somewhere in 130's or more and can win this game...

NZ can lose a match from anywhere, India might have enough. Or they might have nowhere near enough. Depends on the bowlers now.

A few years ago that sentence would send shudders down Indian spines but they have decent attack except for the Pathans.

IronMan2009 said:
Seems like these guys are more experienced in T20. Good slower ones.

They have a good bowling attack. It is the batting which is a worry.

Ind 128-7 off 17 overs

I think they enough runs in the bag to comprehensively win this game

Raina is claiming hard for a spot in testXI, he has been performing consistantly in ODI n T20s., definately deserves a chance in Test.

Oxy said:
Ind 128-7 off 17 overs

I think they enough runs in the bag to comprehensively win this game

Agreed!! Unless one of NZ batsman goes ballistic dont see them winning this one.

Back