New Zealand v S.Africa | ICC World T20 Super8: Match 2 | Bridgetown | 5/6/10|

cricfan967

ODI Debutant
Runs
Should be a good game although I think South Africa have this one in the bag.

lets play with equations for Pakistan chances.. If S.A wins today and N.Z looses by a good margin we can go with more confidence in Sat game as winning will confirm NZ exit. But if NZ wins and Pak wins on Sat then , S.A wins against Eng which is possible on Sat . This group will b wild open ... wut u guys say

Let's not play with equations.
Our batting was fine, but we had the Pakistani middle order collapse all over again.
Our bowling never showed spark really except Aamer who always always bowls his heart out even in a lost cause - the guy never gives up. Lovely attitude.

If I were the coach of Pakistan I'd tell the team to stay behind, sit on the sidelines, and WATCH THIS TIME and see the two teams field - then tell them to compare it with the standard of fielding we showed today.

I am supporting South Africa :14:

P.S.: I am prone to switching sides during the match, depending on the performance of the teams. So dont be surprised if I start rooting for the Black Caps halfway through.

Hope New Zealand wins today.
Then on Saturday, Pakistan and South Africa win.
Then we have a knockout situation for all teams all the way to the World Cup. That would be real fun!

Lets not forget .... pakistan always stood from the backline to lead at front. remember last year we had a difficult time for Super 6 qualification as well but once we entered we regrouped and got the cup in hands. same is here now . since Pakistan if wins against Nz then its gonna b a pressure game for S.A on Monday. and it is on St Lucis pitch where rain drama is possible and anything in limited overs pakistan can win this and Rain drama always given SA a tough luck..... So just pray for Nz match winning at moment for any other wonders to happen

33/0 in 4 overs. Nice start by S.A now Daniel shuld b in action otherwise S.A is well set for a 160 plus

I want England to win all the matches and rest of the teams like NZ and SA to end up on 2 points (or either one of them) because I really don't see how we are going to win the next two games. So we better hope SA lose today and lose to England as well. NZ if they can win today then we should beat them to hold them on 2 points. Then if NZ is beaten by England then it will be up to us to manage how badly we lose to SA cuz our NRR will be good. after victory on NZ

WithLoveFromCanada said:
I want England to win all the matches and rest of the teams like NZ and SA to end up on 2 points (or either one of them) because I really don't see how we are going to win the next two games. So we better hope SA lose today and lose to England as well. NZ if they can win today then we should beat them to hold them on 2 points. Then if NZ is beaten by England then it will be up to us to manage how badly we lose to SA cuz our NRR will be good. after victory on NZ
I say SA win all the games. NZ beat Eng and we only beat NZ. Thats our only chance.

That's how you catch I don't think it's fair to say we will win with such feilding.

What about Nz winning today... Pakistan and South Africa winning on Saturday ... Then we will have 2 quater finals on Monday :p

I think these commentators should stop screaming about how brilliant England is actually pak throw the game them selves like always.

kivis will win today.. iam now getting sure of it.. kivis have watched Pak/Eng game very closely and they know wut would b good target to chase here...

saj001 said:
What about Nz winning today... Pakistan and South Africa winning on Saturday ... Then we will have 2 quater finals on Monday :p

that will leave us to must win the second game which is not a possibility...

the only thing that can take pakistan through is better NRR if 3 teams are stuck on 2 points and England on 6 points. Of course if we can get 4 points that a bonus but i hardly see us winning the next two.

chui_kadoo said:
I say SA win all the games. NZ beat Eng and we only beat NZ. Thats our only chance.

but the problem is if SA win today that will mean NZ putting 200% effort in the game against us and that can deprive us of our only victory hope from the tournament.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
but the problem is if SA win today that will mean NZ putting 200% effort in the game against us and that can deprive us of our only victory hope from the tournament.

They will anyways put their 200% effort against Pakistan to secure their place in the semis by defeating Pakistan which seems easier than their game against England.

15 overs gone. around 110... if Kivis do good in last 5 to restrict S.A under 150. Kivis will have this in bag

To be honest peoples in the stadium are better in catching then our team.

morkel is awesome. unfortunately the fossil trio Afridi, Razaq and Misbah can no longer hit at consistent level. Shazeb and Nazir are being sorely missed

Morkel at his best!

Superb batting from him.

This is amazing hitting. Hopefully the Pakistani's are watching this.

Now South Africa is set for 175.

Last edited:
omg 165 in 19 .. 180 is looking possible. Kivis has to play a blinder . otherwise Pakistan shuld come harder on kivis to make them first team exit of WC.

Pakistan's strategy for wining the world cup is to win the lowest but sufficient number of games so that minimum effort is required. That's what we did in 1992 and 2009.

So lets stick to that theory guys and hope that all the other teams are stuck on 2 points in the group so that NRR takes us through, otherwise I really don't see how we are going to win two games..especially against Saffa.

170-175 is target and i can assume if Brendon Mcclum n Taylor clicks . kivis can win this match

171 is target now Kivis must chase it or if they dunt then Pakistan can kill their hopes on Sat. InshaAllah so whichever team wins Pakistan will do some magic on Saturday InshaAllah

Thats how you bloody bat! Hope they were watching...get off to a flyer and push on NOT play buzdill bakwaas!

These white players make me jealous really. When our boys will learn how to grab half chances. Look at the Gibs catch. He is 35.

its.raja said:
These white players make me jealous really. When our boys will learn how to grab half chances. Look at the Gibs catch. He is 35.
Half chances!

I just want us to catch normal, easy catches and we will win bloody matches.

Good chase going on .. why dont we manage the same ?? :13:

One south african player misfields and the captain immediately calls for him to be sent back to the bench.

One Pakistani player drops three catches and is kept at the same spot and given a pat on the back.

Different teams, Different worlds.

Last edited:
South Africa win the game, Their run rate is probably higher than Pakistan.

WithLoveFromCanada said:
really?...i think this NZ battin line up would have chased our 147 very easily

i am talking about runrate ..which matters

how many teams are gonna advance from group E..
is it one or two teams?

two teams from Group E n Group F

Net runrate situation after S.A vs NZ

Group E
Teams Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against
South Africa 1 1 0 0 0 2 +0.650 170/20.0 157/20.0
England 1 1 0 0 0 2 +0.394 151/19.3 147/20.0
Pakistan 1 0 1 0 0 0 -0.394 147/20.0 151/19.3
New Zealand 1 0 1 0 0 0 -0.650 157/20.0 170/20.0

Back