Official commentary thread - india v pakistan (day 2) [8/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
india will be 300+ @ close off play here... the rain factor has been negated with this assault!

no .. its too early to give up attacking. listen , if they can't get them out by attacking, sehwag will pile on 300 on his own.

key is for razzaq to bowl on offstup line and just make the ball move EVEN FRACTIONALLY away from him... dont understand why pak pacers aren't able to get that movement!! :(

MenInGreen said:
feather said:
Amjid hardly seems like that...it was a good over as he couldn't really pick danish again.

Danish seems like a very attacking bowler was invited him to go after him..

Problem is that he is now in a one day situation - he cant attack cos we have so few runs on the board and the current rate is such that Inzi will be happy to slow down the run rate - forget about attacking !!

MIG I think inzi was still trying to pick up a wicket by introducing the double change and danish got hit for a four big deal...he was still trying to invite the guy to hit him again...I don't think danish will stop attacking regardless of how many runs on the board we have.

However inzi has said it is more abt tight cricket than attacking cricket so he might do mix of both...attack while keeping the run flow down as well

Amjid never seems to be happy...It would be nice for him to admit that inzi went upto the bowlers few times had a little chat and had set an attacking field for them since he is the one who complains all the time. Rana couldn't ball to the field he was provided.

I bet once this test is over most folks will jump on inzi for not setting the fields right.

Well firstly we need to stem the flow of runs especially from Sehwag. That way he could play a silly shot and may get out that way.

The fact that we have so few runs to defend means we cant keep on attacking. We need to contain them first and dry up the runs. Then maybe think about attacking!

Lets appreciate the other side.

Some fantastic flair play from Sehwag - effortless and disdainful. Ever since I saw him play his first ever innings, I find him more fun to watch than any other modern player. The other comparator is Adam Gilchrist - but even he doesnt have Sehwag's air if casual disdain - sometimes I think not just for the bowling but also for people who over hype the technicalities of batting.

Its not great from a Pakistani point of view - but lets do enjoy it if we can. Pakistan still have no idea of how to bowl to him - though in the last series Shoaib finally got it right with precise short pitched bolwing cramping him for room. The margin for error though is very small when you try that tactic.

I'd like to say I told you so for all Sehwag doubters - but lets just say that from a Pakistani point of view the fun doesnt last too long. Sadly he has alos opened the flood gates - and dangerously still seems to be playing within himself.

Amjid Javed said:
india will be 300+ @ close off play here... the rain factor has been negated with this assault!

I have just spoken to the local Shiv Sena reps and they are ready to move in, disguised as groundsman, to dig up the pitch - we will come make it my friends !!!

I wonder whats wrong, i never expected sami to swing the ball definitely rana and he was gub barrel straight

no worries guys - im here now - pak's good luck charm!!!!! - we better do well - im interviewing old indian ppl later and they will kill me if we struggle

Light may be a factor.... another 4 to Gambhir....normal service continues...

11.6 Sami to Gambhir, FOUR!!, a bit overpitched and angling out, Gambhir comes on the frontfoot and driven it to deep extra cover, thats an excellent shot

13 runs 1 over

G Gambhir 27 (33)
V Sehwag * 46 (40)

I never said that! Read what i said first fool!

Marooned said:
aye haye oye howye

even ghambir is having fun now !

musharraf should intervene

Maybe another "hard talk" with Sami ?

hasanahmad said:
raz said:
91mph from Sami!

ya balaji bowled an average of 78 and got 5 wickets when will all you thickheaded fans realise that speed isnt everything

hasanahmad - we are all down - just take it easy....

bowls a noball!! when it rains it pours....

India 1st Ing 83-0 (13.0 Ovs)
G Gambhir 31 (34)
V Sehwag * 48 (46)
Pakistan
M Sami * 6.0 - 1 - 42 - 0
A Razzaq 2.0 - 0 - 6 - 0

CRR: 6.46
Curr. Partnership: 83

razzaq keeping sehwag under control...good ball called a NO followed by another good ball

Its just frayed nerves guys, give them time to relax down. Inzi needs to spread that abundant supply of calm insouciance that he has through to the team. Once they ease down, they will do fine but they need to relax down a bit.

Rameez using the word "mission statement" a few times today - didnt see that on Barney this morning ?

Schiller said:
Its just frayed nerves guys, give them time to relax down. Inzi needs to spread that abundant supply of calm insouciance that he has through to the team. Once they ease down, they will do fine but they need to relax down a bit.

I totally agree with this...also PPers need to be calm as well

how come VC useless khan aint saying anything...

i thought he was all inspiring!

wow gr8 bowling by Sami!

42 runs in six overs that too in a test match!

India 83 in 13 overs!...going by their run rate they will surely have a lead by the end of today's play!

our bowling is Sh!t ..our batting is sh!t ..

we need guys like Akram,Waqar,Anwar,Saqlain back |-Q |-Q |-Q |-Q

*ding dong* Customer announcement, could Mr. Akhtar please make his way to Gate no: 24 please!

Amjid Javed said:
how come VC useless khan aint saying anything...

i thought he was all inspiring!

:eek:D :eek:D I am going to copy this down and keep it for future use

BAD NEWS - THIS IN THE ONLY SECOND TIME THIS PAIR HAS PUT A STAND OF MORE THAN 50 LAST TIME IT WENT PAST 50 THEY WENT TO MAKE 218 AGAINST SA

guys, its all about the drops at crucial times. And im sure the curators changed the wicket 4 2day

India 89/0 (14.0 ov)

50 for shewag, sami close to 50 aswell...

lets see who gets to 100 1st

Can someone plz give me quick summary of the game - as i missed a great deal - dont just say crap - but were there missed chances? and who were the culprits

> how come VC useless khan aint saying anything...
> i thought he was all inspiring!

Not watching the match. How is Inzi doing with consulting his team mates? Does it include YK (where's he fielding)?[/quote]

Why the heck is Inzi continuing with Sami , bring in Kaneria .. he can't do worse.

Waqar's inswinging yorker said:
Can someone plz give me quick summary of the game - as i missed a great deal - dont just say crap - but were there missed chances? and who were the culprits

crap.

MenInGreen said:

crap.

:eek:D post off the week or even quote of the week there :-D

badxhah said:
BAD NEWS - THIS IN THE ONLY SECOND TIME THIS PAIR HAS PUT A STAND OF MORE THAN 50 LAST TIME IT WENT PAST 50 THEY WENT TO MAKE 218 AGAINST SA

dont worry they will get the 312 themselves and that too today!

I don't understand you folks!

I don't think there is a way of stopping sehwag scoring runs unless he gets out

Afridi comes out hits everything out of the ground no one ever has a problem with that...really doesn't matter how good some one is bowling either get him out or be hit...same thing here

inzi n yoyo are talking don't see the useless khan anywhere...inzi has gone upto the bowlers abt 20 times already..

From what has been on display you just cannot give Sehwag any room. Keep it as straight as possible on off and slightly outside. Cramp him for room. That seems the best option.

mig bhai - were there any chances - drops etc?

In summary:

Taufeeq Umar dropped Sehwag - if we had held on to it, who knows.... the story of recent Pak cricket ? If its not the umpires to blame, then our players always step into give a helping hand!!

Better get rid of Sehwag quick...

Now this is brilliant batting by Sehwag in this Razzak over. Razzak also getting too full once and giving width another time.

MIG what is the story with rain yaar? or was it shiv sena you had been in contact with?

badxhah said:

dont worry they will put up more than 312 this time!..and that too by the end of today's play alone!

HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Pakistan showing its class....this is amazing.....shoaib must cracking up.....HAHAHHAHAHAHA

I think Pakistan just need to get some composure back. They've been flogged so far today, but it's important not to lose heart, otherwise this Test will be over in three days. They can still come back from this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back