Official commentary thread - india v pakistan (day 2) [8/03/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
karachiite said:
as long as he takes wickets i dont care what else he does.

well to others this matters as just as much...he is part of the team not a team himself alone. He needs to realize that the sooner the better...soon as we have gul and shabbir back I don't think many people are going to miss him much.

4 bowlers is enough we just have 3 bowlers as sami cant swing or seam he is not a bowler

feather - 4 by rana. but nway why question shoaib taking wicks ?

Razzler if he wants this test position then plz.. this should be his last chance.

All the blame for this performance has to go on the balls. India puposely used these new balls because they knew pak have been playing with the kookaburras and wont be able to adjust. But their bowlers practised with them in domestic comps. etc. Also our becharay batsmen having tough time adjusting to slow pitches after tour to Oz. Poor planning by PCB sack the board, sack the coach sack the captain.

Imy said:
4 bowlers is enough we just have 3 bowlers as sami cant swing or seam he is not a bowler

he started of pretty good until some one dropped sehwag.

i just woke up to see india 146/1

the worst part about it is- im not really surprised.....

feather said:
karachiite said:
as long as he takes wickets i dont care what else he does.

well to others this matters as just as much...he is part of the team not a team himself alone. He needs to realize that the sooner the better...soon as we have gul and shabbir back I don't think many people are going to miss him much.

well if we can find a replacement then fine i have no problems. BTW how many matches has gul proved himself in?

zulfiqar said:
feather - 4 by rana. but nway why question shoaib taking wicks ?

Razzler if he wants this test position then plz.. this should be his last chance.

I was asking if he has done some thing very special against the indians because I couldn't remember anything he has done in the last few matches. So he took 4 wickets so did rana...

Lets not forget he smacked around as well by the indians and didn't have a clue..

His a good bowler I have never questioned that...but I don't see just him being somwhere doesn't mean he won't be smacked around as well...there are better bowlers around who have been smacked around by the likes of sehwag and afridi.

well it was wishful thinking for us to expect any different. Could have been 20-1 if Taufeeq could catch

Danish bowling well, drying up the runs, somethings gotta give!

I remember Taufeeq dropped Sehwag in Multan as well.. Will the guy not learn!!!

karachiite said:
well if we can find a replacement then fine i have no problems. BTW how many matches has gul proved himself in?

almost all the matches he has played in perhaps you can do the math and find the correct ratio

Kaneria is pakistans only hope hes the only player on the pitch who has a brain. N hows the legend Younis Khan doin 2day? has he shown any great leadership skills that has made him sooo highly rated amongst so many people here.

yes but he's only played what, 5? 6? but feather is right gul has bowled pretty much rite on the mark in all the innings he's bowled in

Gul certainly wouldve been a very useful bowler in this match. He can dry up the runs, get that extra pace and bounce that Razzaq lacks, and of course make full use of the swinging/seaming conditions.

Its a shame Pak, in their post-W&W transformation stage, have had to miss him for so long.

28.3 Naved-ul-Hasan to Sehwag, FOUR, good length delivery outside the
off stump, driven away to the point region, Salman Butt fails to
stop it cleanly, four more

What can the bowlers do when fielders are stuffing up big time...

Butt cant field , not the first wont be the last

Not sure when shabbir is coming back but wow when he was around we had tons of thread him being dropped! but I do hope he comes back soon.

With him back and possible return of Gul perhaps with another new express bowler we can finally have a good chance of winning tests and possible end for akhtar as well he if he doesn't get the point.

Danish Kaneria to Sehwag
tosses up, outside off, goes for the drive, gets a big edge in the hands of Younis Khan at slip who puts it down, another chance goes down

Sehwag dropped again! This time by the vice captain!

Well If I was dropped twice i woild make a 100 too

well if they keep giving sehwag chances...I hope they havent forgotten ...

29.5 Danish Kaneria to Sehwag, one run, oh dear! Sehwag gets another
life! goes for the drives and ends up with a thick edge, Younis
Khan at first slip fails to hold on to a high catch, another
costly miss

Keep dropping the ******* match. What do you expect when you give this lucky B****** these many chances. Dani unlucky poor soul!!!!!!!!!!

The art of catching is harder than u think uzi!! Not every1 has the skill required to catch a cricket HARDBALL.

I think its not a techincal prbllem As the Match is gone into over time the coverage has stoped at its regular time.

I 4t the vice captain was supposed 2 be a top fielder aswell. When will people realise Younis Khan is ****. Everythin he is supposed to be good at accordin to people he is floppin in. I dnt see no leadership skills to make him captain he aint even catchin n did jack wid the bat. Seriously he cant stay in the team instead of shoaib malik.

wasnt bob woolemr brought in to imprive fielding

MecnunK said:

It was Sami who dropped Sehwag in multan....off Saqqi's bowling !

I must say its uncanny how many times Sehwag gets dropped when he plays. I suppose thats just the way he plays (similar to Gilchrist), always gives his fair share of half chances by flaying hard at the ball.

Unfortunately though, it is not uncanny to see Pakistan fail to learn from past mistakes and drop catches. Against strong batting lineups (such as Aus & Ind) you have to ensure you hold the half-chances, dropping the regulation ones shouldnt even be an issue!

Well I haven't seen him do anything but have seen yoyo and inzi talking to each other as well as the bowlers specialy inzi..he has gone up n down like a million times already...while YK is busy doing nothing and while he is said to be the best fielder he dropped a rather easy catch just now...well now that we don't have akhtar people have found sami :D so it isn't all that bad

Sheikh_Ji said:
MecnunK said:

Sehwag gave 4 chances if I remember correctly..and I think Taufeeq dropped him once too..

Raz i Like your tiger to be unleashed sig, he sure was went for 60

29.5 Danish Kaneria to Sehwag, one run, oh dear! Sehwag gets another
life! goes for the drives and ends up with a thick edge, Younis
Khan at first slip fails to hold on to a high catch, another
costly miss

If it was the England or Australian team fielding the catch would have probably been taken.

He was unleashed, but found it hard to tame another mighty beast called Sehwag. The fact that he was dropped played a huge part in it as well

this is just non-sense....something is WRONG

no if's and but's...this is NOT world class cricket...i bet our U19 is better than this

169/1 from 34.3 overs @ 4.9 per over

wow rr below 5
SURELY A GREAT ACHIEVEMENT BY PAKISTAN

170/1 - Pakistan in full control ( of their bladders... )

MecnunK said:
Sheikh_Ji said:
MecnunK said:

Sehwag gave 4 chances if I remember correctly..and I think Taufeeq dropped him once too..

From what I can remember 2 catches were dropped on day one and sehwag got 220 odd by then. One was Sami and the other Saqi.

tahaiqureshi said:
this is just non-sense....something is WRONG

no if's and but's...this is NOT world class cricket...i bet our U19 is better than this

calm urself down and relax

now accept the reality Pakistan is getting spanked by the indians at the moment. Dont deny it only then can u think of ways to solve the problem

well i would think of ways to solve the problem, but only if i had a say. i am not in the management, i am not the captain and im not the coach, so i don't really think there is much i can do except for relieve my frustration here at PP

I had nothing to post except this

What is the difference in stories u tell girls aged: 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, and 68,when u take them to bed?

At 8 - You take her to bed and tell her a story.
At 18 - You tell her a story to take her to bed.
At 28 - You don't need to tell her a story to take her to bed.
At 38 - She tells you a story and takes you to bed.
At 48 - You tell her a story to avoid going to bed.
At 58 - You stay in bed to avoid her story.
At 68 - If you take her to bed, that'll be a story!!

cricinfo scorecard page has gone dead ----> maybe not a bad thing considering the score......

badxhah said:
I had nothing to post except this

What is the difference in stories u tell girls aged: 8, 18, 28, 38, 48, 58, and 68,when u take them to bed?

At 8 - You take her to bed and tell her a story.
At 18 - You tell her a story to take her to bed.
At 28 - You don't need to tell her a story to take her to bed.
At 38 - She tells you a story and takes you to bed.
At 48 - You tell her a story to avoid going to bed.
At 58 - You stay in bed to avoid her story.
At 68 - If you take her to bed, that'll be a story!!

hahahahhah!
U SHUD SHUT UP IF U DONT HAVE NETHING TO SAY! :|v :|v

listen i feel 4 these guys, u get crap batsmen who dont perform then they cant even field

That was a close shout for Kaneria.

37.1 Danish Kaneria to Sehwag, no run, excellent googly, Sehwag did not
pick it up and pads up hoping that the ball will turn away, loud
confident appeal for lbw turned down, worth a shout

yeah it was qute close
but the benefit of the doubt must go to the batsmen

I suppose when Sehwag is batting the side in general is more tense, knowing how dangerous he is. The more tense you are the more likely you are to drop a catch.

Or perhaps they just got hands like a bloody digital clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back