Pakistan A v Australia A | 2nd Test | Lahore| [19/9/07]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amjid Javed

PakPassion's 100,000 posts man
Runs
Post of the Week
LAHORE, Sept 18: Australian ‘A’ captain Adam Voges promised another splendid performance from his side in the second and final four-day game against Pakistan ‘A’ starting at the Gaddafi Stadium from Wednesday.

“Our players have acclimatised well and the victory in Faisalabad has been a big morale booster, showing that we are in sound control,” said a confident looking Voges. “By maintaining the same form in Lahore too, we will try to sweep the series.”

All the players, he said, were fit and eagerly waiting for the match. Australia ‘A’ lost the three-match one-day series 3-0 but bounced backto win the first four-day game in Faisalabad by a huge margin of an innings and 203 runs.

Pakistan ‘A’ captain Faisal Iqbal said he was backing his team to make a comeback and square the series 1-1. He said injuries to two of the team’s main fast bowlers Najaf Shah and Abdul Rauf in Faisalabad was the main reason that his team lost the first four-day game.

“But hopefully now, the team will be playing with full strength to level the series,” he said.

Pakistan have called up fast bowlers Mohammad Sami and Anwer Ali to replace Rauf and Najaf for this game.

Opener Khurram Manzoor and off-spinner Tahir Khan have also been summoned to replace Hasan Raza and Atif Maqbool who failed to deliver in the first match.

Teams (from):

PAKISTAN ‘A’: Faisal Iqbal (captain), Taufiq Umar, Khurram Manzoor, Khalid Latif, Yasir Hameed, Naveed Latif, Adnan Raza, Sarfraz Ahmed (wicket-keeper), Mansoor Amjad, Tahir Khan, Mohammad Khalil, Mohammad Sami, Mohammad Irshad, Anwar Ali, Rizwan Ahmad.

AUSTRALIA ‘A’: Adam Voges (captain), Phil Jaques, David Hussey, Cameron White, Luke Ronchi (wicket-keeper), James Hopes, Ashley Noffke, Cullen Bailey, Jason Gillespie, Stuart MacGill, Dan Cullen, Doug Bollinger, Luke Butterworth, Chris Rogers.

fantastic coverage as usual

Aus A 268 all out in 68.1 overs :)
Jacqyes 82, Ronchi 107
Sami, Anwar Ali, Khalil and Mansoor Amjad taking 2 wickets each

But Pak A 22-3 after 11 overs :(
3 ducks
Khurram Manzoor 20 not out has scored all the Pak runs from bat

http://www.pcb.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/127/127192.html

for some reason Faisal Iqbal's name is listed at # 11

Last edited:
12thMan said:
Aus A 268 all out in 68.1 overs :)
Jacqyes 82, Ronchi 107
Sami, Anwar Ali, Khalil and Mansoor Amjad taking 2 wickets each

But Pak A 22-3 after 11 overs :(
3 ducks
Khurram Manzoor 20 not out has scored all the Pak runs from bat

http://www.pcb.com.pk/Pakistan/Scorecards/127/127192.html

for some reason Faisal Iqbal's name is listed at # 11
some would say that's where he belongs.
Hopefully there isn't a serious injury.

Pakistan have lost two wickets plus a nitwatchmen so still batting to come.

no updates yet and the match is at the PCB headquarters. And all they have to do is look out the window to see the scoreboard

Hopefully Khurram mansoor can keep pushing for a place in the test side.

I will like to see him brought in as an opener to test side. If this is a different player than the U-19 player who went to England than him too, Get rid of Butts and Nazirs

Can Pakistan bounce back after the first test hammering?
how come we are struggling so much at home?

anyway, i lost track of the odi series after it was 2-0 to pak. what was the final series result anyone?

It was 3-0 Pakistan in the ODIs.
We need a good performance with the bat this innings.

Pak A 238-8 after 81.1 overs
Faisal Iqbal 74, Sarfraz Ahmed 56, Naved Latif 41
Bollinger 3-9, Hopes 2-21

O M R W
Bollinger 13-8-9-3

Good spell by Bollinger, but good to see some resistance from the lower middle order.

Good to see Sarfraz Ahmed get a 50

shame about Faisal Iqbal.

it is shame on pakistan cricket selectors not to select the best opening batsman of pakistan domestic cricket ,winner of both qaid e Azam trophy and pentangular cup competition his name is Afaq Raheem, not even on A team, looking at averages of khalid Latif and khuram Manzoor they don't come near no comparison,may be if he was from Karachi he would have played

Jeez. Does Jaques ever stop making runs? Should surely get a call up to partner Hayden in the tests for november.

I'm honestly aghast at how well Bollinger has bowled. Did not expect that at all.

Huss II set for another big one too. We ought to be seeing far less of him next season at Notts... :(

Augustus said:
Huss II set for another big one too. We ought to be seeing far less of him next season at Notts... :(

I think we declared over-night. Anyway, I thought you guys were signing Fleming as your sole over-seas pick?

Nope, Fleming's gone, hence why Chris Read is the new captain. I don't think Hussey's tied up yet, but he wants to stay and Nottinghamshire want to keep him, so I imagine it's as good as. Here's hoping.

Good Australian declaration if they did declare - none of this laissez faire English nonsense. Shame on Hussey, I suppose, but the team comes first, and he's put himself right up there with Jaques on this tour, batting-wise.

It's frightening how much depth the Australian batting appears to have. The likes of Jaques, Rogers and Hussey, in their late 20s and early 30s, would have played a half-century of Tests for any other country. At least 50, in fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back