Pakistan A vs Sri Lanka A | 1st unofficial Test | Leicester | July 3rd-6th, 2016 | Day 3

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
Sri Lanka A team
MDUS Jayasundera, MS Warnapura, ML Udawatte, ARS Silva, SMA Priyanjan*, M Bhanuka†, SS Pathirana, NGRP Jayasuriya , PLS Gamage, MVT Fernando, AM Fernando

Pakistan A team
Sharjeel Khan, Jaahid Ali, Fakhar Zaman, Babar Azam*, Umar Siddiq, Mohammad Nawaz (3), Mohammad Hasan†, Bilawal Bhatti, Hasan Ali, Azizullah, Mir Hamza

Pakistan A won the toss and elected to field.

Starting time: 10:00 GMT (15:00 PST)

Pakistan A will begin the day at 271/8 with Mohammad Nawaz unbeaten on 62. The all-rounder is the top scorer in the innings so far, with captain Babar Azam earlier contributing with 61.

In their first innings, Sri Lanka A made 299. Hasan Ali impressed with figures of 4-63 while Mir Hamza and Mohammad Nawaz picked up a couple of wickets each.

Good to see Nawaz score some runs. Really underrated as a batsman.

Look at Mir Hamza's figures: 5 overs, 4 maidens, 3 runs, 0 wickets, 0.60 economy rate

SL-A 131 all out.

Epic bowling from Azizullah and Mohammad Nawaz, both bagged 4,4 wickets.

Chasing Low scores are never easy for Pak team

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Also Fakhar hasn't shown anything that suggests he should be selected for the LOI series

why Pakistan A is not playing Saud Shakeel. Surely he is a better batsman than some of the other batsmen selected in the team

Mashallah nazar na lagay humaray jawanoon ko..

Any indication of what the pitch is like ? SL all out for 130 odd in 60 overs in that 2nd inns and Pakistan losing 3 wickets already in the chase.

Once you saw SL all out for 131 you would know Pakistan will struggle here and Pak are 37/5 lols, something will never change.

Bilawal bhatti is such a waste of space..can't bowl can't bat and his fielding isn't good either.

Babar yet to show anything on the pitch which makes him potentially world class.

I think, PAK A'll still win this match - of the 16 batsmen chosen by Dronacharya, only 2 are actually batsman for FC cricket - one got a single, but the other one is still there. Jaahid should guide the tail to reach that 154 target. However, he is young & inexperience & has Basit Ali to suggest him to night - the MAN who got bowled between his legs on the last ball of a Day in Test.

The 3 "stroke makers",chosen by PAK A in this match actually had been bowled 5 out of possible 6 times, on a Grace Road wicket where the ball actually bounces a bit. When, I learned my 1st cricket lesson long back in my AUS/UK school days, those Coaches used to remind me about "gap between bat & pad" - now we are actually in dynamic era of cricket; so "modern" top order "batsmen" have come out of those old prejudice.

Also, SRL A doesn't deserve to win this match - they took 63 overs to post 131 on Day 3 to add invaluable runs to their small lead of 22; had someone like Sharjeel Khan batted for 63 overs, he is alone capable of posting 311 .........

Babar yet to show anything on the pitch which makes him potentially world class.

The kid is too young and hasnt had much exposure to challenges unlike other international youngsters. Lets give him time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The kid is too young and hasnt had much exposure to challenges unlike other international youngsters. Lets give him time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How old is he?

I'm willing to wait 2 years and then assess him. But truth is the way people are hyping him has backfired because he has performed in any way which would make the hype around him acceptable.

How old is he?

I'm willing to wait 2 years and then assess him. But truth is the way people are hyping him has backfired because he has performed in any way which would make the hype around him acceptable.

Babar is 21 years old.

Back