Pakistan suffer a familiar batting collapse to end Day 2 of the 2nd Test against Australia at 194/6, trail by 124 runs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cricket Warrior

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
1703610151198.png

It has been a captivating day of cricket, with the hosts emerging as the more contented side after navigating challenges on both ends of an extended rain break. The pitch, far from being predictable, has offered swing and seam for the pacers, coupled with uneven bounce, making batting a formidable task. Despite an early reprieve, David Warner's promising innings came to an end on the final ball of the first session, concluding a productive opening session that saw a total of 90 runs on the board. Usman Khawaja, putting aside off-field controversies, showcased a fluent 42, but like two others, couldn't capitalize on the start. Marnus Labuschagne has displayed solidity, and Travis Head has shown promise after an initial breakthrough. They, along with the rest of the batting lineup, aim to extend the total to 350 and beyond, seizing control of the match. Despite bowling impressively, Shaheen Afridi faced unfortunate luck, while the other bowlers exhibited moments of excellence in patches.

Squads:

Pakistan Squad:
Abdullah Shafique, Imam-ul-Haq, Shan Masood(c), Babar Azam, Saud Shakeel, Mohammad Rizwan(w), Agha Salman, Hasan Ali, Mir Hamza, Aamer Jamal, Shaheen Afridi, Sajid Khan, Sarfaraz Ahmed, Faheem Ashraf, Abrar Ahmed, Saim Ayub, Mohammad Wasim Jr

Australia Squad: David Warner, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Steven Smith, Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Alex Carey(w), Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins(c), Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Scott Boland, Cameron Green

==

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Pakistan needs to take early wickets on the day to make a grip on the match.

One good partnership from Australia and the game over for Pakistan.

To be honest, I’m very confused about the criticism our bowlers are receiving after yesterday.

That was the best few sessions of bowling I have seen from a Pakistani side on Australian soil in a while. Australia went at 2.83 RR and despite dropping a couple of wickets we are still in a competitive spot.

Even Warner was talking about how good the bowling he was facing was.

Fielding has been bane of our performance for a long time. We need a good fielding coach or work ethics... I dont know what our management does with all those high paid jobs.

even Hassan Ali is bowling at 124.. where did all the pace go.

BT Sports is not showing the game live now that it started 30 mins early. They are showing WWE Raw and will only show the live game at its scheduled time. What kind of broadcasting is this?

BT Sports is not showing the game live now that it started 30 mins early. They are showing WWE Raw and will only show the live game at its scheduled time. What kind of broadcasting is this?
Its available on Willow.

Anyway you not missing anything. Shaheen is trundling and Aussies are comfortably scoring now.

and have highlights on of yesterday..

Useless coverage from them, cricket Australia should give the rights to sky again at least they take the coverage seriously!!

To be honest, I’m very confused about the criticism our bowlers are receiving after yesterday.

That was the best few sessions of bowling I have seen from a Pakistani side on Australian soil in a while. Australia went at 2.83 RR and despite dropping a couple of wickets we are still in a competitive spot.

They bowled better than figures suggest. But 200-3 feels like the game is finished in Australian conditions with this team. We‘re gonna go in for a draw now even if we get wickets cheaply from now on. And tbh it’s probably the sensible/right decision to do.

We‘re hoping on skittiling this Australian side for a low score around 200 or so in order to claim a win. Aus are getting 350 min from here. Probably more. So that’s not happening.

The conditions were very bowling friendly. If aus bowled - they would have dismissed pak for under 250 easily

Agreed. As someone else said, just typical pace fetish. Pace is pace yaar.

Were able to produce a lot of outside edges despite that idiot who dropped the catch.

We are in a position to go for the kill with the ball here. Marsh is not all that on this pitch. And not much after him.

So far 68 overs bowled by seamers out of 72 overs. How long can they sustain. I think Shan Masood has to start thinking about bowling them in the 2nd innings. He needs to bring on Agha. Best way to tie Marsh down is with spin.

The conditions were very bowling friendly. If aus bowled - they would have dismissed pak for under 250 easily
Yeah but they have both a stronger bowling and batting lineup, isn’t that to be expected?
They bowled better than figures suggest. But 200-3 feels like the game is finished in Australian conditions with this team. We‘re gonna go in for a draw now even if we get wickets cheaply from now on. And tbh it’s probably the sensible/right decision to do.

We‘re hoping on skittiling this Australian side for a low score around 200 or so in order to claim a win. Aus are getting 350 min from here. Probably more. So that’s not happening.
Yeah hard spot to win from but keeping them to a low run rate at least gives us the chance and the new ball is not far away.
Agreed. As someone else said, just typical pace fetish. Pace is pace yaar.

Were able to produce a lot of outside edges despite that idiot who dropped the catch.

We are in a position to go for the kill with the ball here. Marsh is not all that on this pitch. And not much after him.
Yeah I like pace as much as anyone, but people seem to be just looking at the speed radar instead of the bowling. Honestly the only horrible bowling we have had thus far was that day one of the first Test where Warner smashed us.

Shaheen has been good and I was impressed with how much movement Mir Hamza got and his consistency. On another day, that opening spell could’ve got 2-3 wickets.

So far 68 overs bowled by seamers out of 72 overs. How long can they sustain. I think Shan Masood has to start thinking about bowling them in the 2nd innings. He needs to bring on Agha. Best way to tie Marsh down is with spin.
Yeah should bowl Salman on one end at least until the new bal is available.

The game is already over i am afraid we had the best seaming conditions for 2 hours but wasted it

Try to keep things tight until the 2nd new ball. Hoping PAK's seamers aren't already cooked.

Inside edge saves Marsh! So jammy as he didn't even know he edged it!

Garbage batting from Marsh...ball is clearly reversing for Hasan Ali

PAK to be fair have created chances but haven't quite had the luck.

Why didn’t they use snicko for the first decision? There was clear daylight between bat and ball, and ultra edge definitely wasn’t conclusive enough to over turn that.

With this ball still doing a bit, will they want to take the 2nd new ball straightaway ?

I think Marsh's ego got bruised. I sense he is going to target Hasan Ali. He might perish in doing so.

Why is there Indians commentating on Pak test matches first test it was Shastri now he's in SA covering Ind and now it's Bhogle in Aus for the 2nd Pak test.

Why is there Indians commentating on Pak test matches first test it was Shastri now he's in SA covering Ind and now it's Bhogle in Aus for the 2nd Pak test.
DK did in Ashes. Sangakkara always does in England. Infact DK was so liked by English audience they renewed his contract. Since Harsha is a professional commentator not a former cricketer getting a gig for any match is not a surprise.

DK did in Ashes. Sangakkara always does in England. Infact DK was so liked by English audience they renewed his contract. Since Harsha is a professional commentator not a former cricketer getting a gig for any match is not a surprise.
I know DK did for Ashes and so did Sanga.

This is Pak cricket and they'll always be crude about Pak no matter they be playing well or not.

Doubt it that indians would like it if Wasim, Waqar or Ramiz were commentating for Ind v SA right now.

marsh looking dangerous like he has all year
need to get him out sharpish else the game will slip away very quickly

I know DK did for Ashes and so did Sanga.

This is Pak cricket and they'll always be crude about Pak no matter they be playing well or not.

Doubt it that indians would like it if Wasim, Waqar or Ramiz were commentating for Ind v SA right now.
I am okay with Wasim AKram lol He just reads the stats anyway. Ramiz is also okayish. You have to be a very good analyst to be part of a commie team in a neutral match. Harsha is not an analyst. Shastri is not an analyst either. DK is an analyst. So he probably would have been better than these guys. These guys will have nothing to talk about as most likely they won't know about these players.

Marsh looks like a boxer. Imposing. I remember him making IPL debut before international debut. He was thin wiry like Stuart Broad

Marsh is like Pant. Can take the game away quickly.

Marsh and Head. Australia have two similar players.

Hasan Ali was reversing nicely. But countered by walking down the wicket. That is where a sharp bouncer would have been effective.

AUS - 244/4 (78 overs).

How long should Australia bat for? I think they should declare 1 hour before Stumps.

It's literally embarrassing seeing Pakistan coming to this stage in their bowling with having bowling at 130kph.

Hassan was 138-140kph too when he first started off too but gradually with his injuries hasn't been the same bowler he once was.

Shan should try to mix it up, should give shakeel a few overs or even Babar

It's literally embarrassing seeing Pakistan coming to this stage in their bowling with having bowling at 130kph.

Hassan was 138-140kph too when he first started off too but gradually with his injuries hasn't been the same bowler he once was.
I think speed gun technology differs from country to country. I read somewhere in Australia and NZ they take 3 speeds and choose the highest speed as the actual speed than average speed. So release speed that is shown in these parts is higher than what you see in other countries. Even with that Pakistan bowling speed is only 130.

Big wicket need to get another quick, and than things can look interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back