Pakistan suffer a familiar batting collapse to end Day 2 of the 2nd Test against Australia at 194/6, trail by 124 runs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Wicket, a couple more and into the tail

LSzqKNX.png

Should not take the new ball.

This ball is doing enough. Aamir Jamal's control with the new ball is not upto the mark. Get Marsh and then the new ball can be taken.

Shaheen doing 123kph thunderbolts with new ball what on earth is happening to our bowlers

Shaheen was overbowled on day 1. YOu could see the effect here. HE probably will look worse in the 2nd innings.

It is not just the release speed. Also after pitching his balls become much slower compared to other bowlers.

Two left arm seamers from Pakistan, One from Australia all three will create a lot of rough for Nathan Lyon.

The decline in Afridi in crazy to see.

He was never a great test bowler but I can't see him lasting in this format for much longer

Man I didn’t realise Mir Hamza was THIS slow. 120 KPH is slower than Women’s cricket.

New ball, old ball, swinging conditions with cloud cover or no cloud cover, it doesn't matter. Mir Hazma is simply not good enough.

Tells you everything you need to know about our domestic setup where a mediocre bowler like him can thoroughly dominate season after season.

Feel like I’m watching a different game than the one some people are watching on this forum.

Mir Hamza is making the ball talk.

If you were going to take 125-130 kph bowlers in Australia then why not take the best one, Abbas! He was sidelined citing lack of pace as the reason and then you take 3 bowlers who are similar or even probably below Abbas' avg pace.

Feel like I’m watching a different game than the one some people are watching on this forum.

Mir Hamza is making the ball talk.
I agree...people so hung up on pace that they can't see the shape that Hamza is getting on the ball...there were two absolute beauties in that previous over...

Fantastic catch. Let's keep it below 300.

Safraz wouldn’t have even gone for that catch fat **** can’t even move for a basic catch !!

A lot can be said about his batting, but so far Rizwan standing on business with the gloves.

Here's your answer to Sarfraz v Rizwan debate.
No way Sarfraz would have moved like that to his right to take this one.
Maybe a few years ago, but no way atm. Rizwan is the superior keeper and batsman Vs pace. Sarfraz is only better Vs spin.

Why couldn’t superman Rizwan save those byes???

Do you ever have anything useful to contribute other than crying about Rizwan all the time? No wicketkeeper in the world are saving these "byes" which are really wides.

As I type this, Rizwan takes a stunning catch. More salty tears incoming.

For some reason, Rizwan doesn't seem very upbeat out there. Normally, he's a live wire but seems a bit dispassionate in his comeback test.

Our club Amateur bowlers are quicker than Mir. In Test cricket there is a requirement to becatca certain pace. 120-125k is club to first class standard. Never TEST

Amazing ball. Amazing catch.

Get them out for under 300 and then we’re talking!

For some reason, Rizwan doesn't seem very upbeat out there. Normally, he's a live wire but seems a bit dispassionate in his comeback test.
He just recently gunned down the highest chase in World Cup history his reward getting replaced by pathetic safraz. Any self respecting cricketer would be down beat.

Maybe a few years ago, but no way atm. Rizwan is the superior keeper and batsman Vs pace. Sarfraz is only better Vs spin.
Yeah in his peak years, he was decent. But his keeping movements have been below par since 2019.
Even if we compare peak keeping years, Rizwan is definitely ahead as a keeper.

Sarfraz is ahead in Asian conditions as a batter. One of the best players of spin to have come out of Pakistan.

Smoke the tail asap. Below 300 would be huge for Pak and give the bowling a massive confidence boost .

Mir Hamza is such a waste. Should never play again for Pakistan. These are perfect conditions for him and he is bowling rubbish.

Watching Mir Hamza bowl and I am confused why we don't just go with Abbas instead. They have the same pace and Abbas is actually good and has had multiple match winning spells. Hamza seems like he doesn't even trouble tailenders.

Feels like Shaheen is debuting after his u19 World Cup break

He just recently gunned down the highest chase in World Cup history his reward getting replaced by pathetic safraz. Any self respecting cricketer would be down beat.
That was ODI format and to be fair his test match batting was extremely disappointing in the last home season. He was rightly dropped in favor of Sarfraz.

But you have to do horses for courses selections and Rizwan should have started in Australia.

127 kmh

I recon most guys here wouldn’t have a problem facing that kind of pace

Abdullah Shafiq will forever be called Asad Shafiq by Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis.

At least WY comes out with “Beg your Pardon, Abdullah Shafiq”

"...One straight to Asad Shafiq in slips" - Wasim talking about Pakistan's catching today
The most careless commentator who doesn't even bother correcting himself.

Feels like Shaheen is debuting after his u19 World Cup break
Shaheen does not have the disciple of a Test bowler.

In the past, pace has helped mask his lack of discipline. But with this 120s stuff, there’s not much he can rely on.

Don't bowl hit me balls, keep them below 300.

Not gonna lie

That booming in swinger by Hamza is one hell of a ball when he gets it right

AUS - 274/6 (85.4 overs).

Aussie tail is quite capable with the bat. They can still reach 400. Pakistan need to bowl them out quickly.

Hamza bowls a good bouncer and Wasim still has issues with the height of the bouncer, purely because he has grudge with his pace so even his good deliveries are not complimented by Wasim.

Good, now below 300 looks more likely. Don't give free runs now.

Australia will have enough runs on the board to get a 100 runs lead in my opinion.

Should have selected Imran Butt just for his slip catching one of paks finest if not the best. Wouldn’t have got much runs but which pak opener ever does

Hamza is a good bowler guys.

Give him time. He will be deliver the goods

Agreed.

Has bowled in the right channels, good line and length and has shown resilience. Deserved the wicket. Hopefully that pushes him to go on and do more.

Seems wild that Shaheen is going to captain T20's after this Test series and likely play every match and PSL shortly after that too. He looks like he needs like minimum 6 months just to get healthy.

This has been Pak's best bowling performance in Tests in Australia since the first inning rout in Sydney 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back