Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 3 | DSC | 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
would have been perfect if we had gotten another wicket, but this is just fine.

sharp spell from Gul/Cheema and can rest up now, come back after lunch for another burst.

pitch is taking turn so spinners will definitely come in to play...tough times ahead for the Angrez.

Ok.

Now he is calling Waqar biased. He is slowly moving towards whining

gary-coleman-whatchu-talkin-bout-willis-tv-poster-print.jpg

Now says ajmal looked guilty too by pointing at his arm guard. Slowly getting there.

what's :nasser saying?

DRS Changes nothing. If there was no DRS both batsman would still be out with old system and would be complaining about the decisions. However, DRS has overturned other decisions so overall DRS is a good thing.

Nasir Makes Sense.

I like Willis for his crying views. C'mon man there should be someone different.

He did admit that umpire was right to give strauss out but in the end said "biased" waqar for calling it woody sound :)))

Not sure about the Strauss wicket, hehe...English TMS callers and texters all say thigh, Pakistani PP users all say bat :p I lean towards bat based on the timing of the sound...but was it a woody sound?

ah well, not to worry, won't affect the result IMO. England have a lot of questions to answer here.

Just add Asif and Amir to this team...under misbah's captaincy..this would be the team to beat!!!

Need 3 more wickets before they wipe the deficit we nee to get them out for no more than 246.

Need to pretty much have england 5/6 wickets down atleast before they get to 150. Lets hope ajmal and co can run through england like we did in 1st inns.

What is a lead that England could potentially win the match with? I think 230. Only another 360 runs then :facepalm:

its tough to bat on in my opinion .... when swan was bowling .. it was spinning and bouncing as well....and fast bowlers bowled decently so far

the odds are reallllly against England here. ah dear me.

what did he say?

He said that Ajmal's decision should have been overturned since it was totally obvious and confirmed by the replays that Bowden had made a wrong decision..

However, for Strauss, there was no conclusive evidence and therefore the decision should have stayed with the on-field umpire..

What is a lead that England could potentially win the match with? I think 230. Only another 360 runs then :facepalm:

I think it'd be very difficult chasing anything more than 175 in the last inning (considering England's strong bowling)

360 just being a par score.

After all people forget Sri lanka when batting again managed near 500 again.

It's even odds nearly, pakistan just a bit ahead.

360 just being a par score.

After all people forget Sri lanka when batting again managed near 500 again.

It's even odds nearly, pakistan just a bit ahead.

Sanga scored 200 in that and was dropped how many times??

Sanga scored 200 in that and was dropped how many times??
yeah but England are a stronger batting line up, and who knows we may drop catches again.

Batting here in the second innings isn't much more difficult than batting in the first. 4th innings might be harder simply because it's harder and more pressure to chase a target.

To all those who were accusing cheema of wearing a wig. There you go, he cut his hairs to show he wasn't wearing one earlier lol

thanks for the banter lads, but I reckon it needs an *epic* England performance to win this now.

good match though.

You guys are talking about Abu Dhabi pitch which is way more flatter than the Dubai Pitch.
my mistake then.

Still think 360 or so is a par score even in second innings though.

Cook struggling.

think it'll come down to Trott and Bell really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back