Pakistan v England | 1st Test : Day 3 | DSC | 19/01/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the banter lads, but I reckon it needs an *epic* England performance to win this now.

good match though.
Exactly. I don't care which team wins from here. The match has been great so far unlike the one sided India-Australia & Sri-SA test matches.

thanks for the banter lads, but I reckon it needs an *epic* England performance to win this now.

good match though.

But they are the no. 1 team. Are'nt they? So It's expected from them to perform well. Infact perform *epically*.

Gul should not be worried with that boundary .... keep bowling that channel ..little bit movement

will earn him a wicket

Both the batsmen in are without a doubt in Sangakarra level form. Need their wickets to have a chance.

The English batsman seem to have this need of attacking in their minds. Looking aggressive.

What is a lead that England could potentially win the match with? I think 230. Only another 360 runs then :facepalm:

I think england could defend 170 on this as chasing is tough on late day 4/5

Ajmal and Hafeez on please.

Need a few more overs of fast bowling. Need a wicket from this and then spinners on later.

Maybe get Hafeez in but let Ajmal use the older ball.

Cheema bowling really well here. Nice and Pacey!

Majestic cover drive from Trott. They brought up a chart on Sky which showed his average against spin bowling to be a cool 130. He's a fantastic player - looked just as good in the first innings to be honest, but got unlucky. One could even say, without that feather down the leg-side, our first day could have been a bit different, and better. He is the key wicket IMO.

time for some spin i reckon and see how england fair in this 2nd inns.

Majestic cover drive from Trott. They brought up a chart on Sky which showed his average against spin bowling to be a cool 130. He's a fantastic player - looked just as good in the first innings to be honest, but got unlucky. One could even say, without that feather down the leg-side, our first day could have been a bit different, and better. He is the key wicket IMO.

Exceptional against spin but average against pace bowling.

He almost got inside edge onto stumps before that ball. Cricket has a funny way of leveling things up.

He almost got inside edge onto stumps before that ball. Cricket has a funny way of leveling things up.

Aye, not trying to make excuses, just highlighting what an important thing his castle is to the batting lineup as a whole.

In addition, with so many runs to play with, Misbah can afford to give the seamers a good blow...

cricinfo has gone to the gutter.

umer gul aka gulldozer is the best bowler for the secound inning in test

Come on gul bowl straight to pietersen ... shuffling alot and getting in front of the wicket way to early

A confidence bowler for sure Umar Gul

his pace is soaring high now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back