Pakistan v Netherlands | World T20 | Lords | 9/6/09 [Pak inngs]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saj

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Joined
Jun 1, 2001
Runs
96,051
About 90 minutes to the start of play in this crucial encounter with Pakistan needing a convincing victory to ensure progress to the Super 8s.

The weather reports we've had on PP have been promising so here goes.......
 
Pakistan really need to make the most of the first 6 powerplay overs.

These shots have to be calculated and not just some wild swings of the bat. Pick the gaps and go over the infield.

They also need to keep on rotating the strike. If you can't hit boundaries run 1's, 2's, 3's.

The fielding has to be 1000 times better than what it was at the Oval on Sunday.
 
Last edited:
Shahid A said:
Are you at the match today?

No PP presence today. But we'll be at Ireland v Netherlands next week :D
 
Hopefully pak v ireland
Cmon guy please give a strong performance today and show the world that we are still capable of beign an exciting side
 
Oxy said:
No PP presence today. But we'll be at Ireland v Netherlands next week :D
That is not funny. Not after 2007. Even though :yk might think so.

Lets go and show them we are mentally tough! :inti

And then its revenge time against the :54: army
 
Oxy said:
No PP presence today. But we'll be at Ireland v Netherlands next week :D


:))) :)))

Oh man .. you show way too much faith in Pak cricket.
 
i forecast intikhab alam will say something stupid today and tomorrow and the next day etc etc
 
Ali888 said:
i forecast intikhab alam will say something stupid today and tomorrow and the next day etc etc


I was asking about Weather Forecast.

Thanks anyways.
 
good so the match is not getting rained out Alhamdulila
 
I hate and I mean it, I Hate to say this.I am not feeling that good.
 
Just switch off your PC and check again in 4 hrs.
 
Lol, I know im not feeling well about AFRIDI, mr. afridi fan, pak will cruise inshallah. just not him. gotta put him as an opener, let him just hit over and grab a few runs, u bring him later, he cant see the ball. BUT knowing pakistan he will not open. 200+ i think is a definite by **** if batting first, if not see ya in lahore tommorow.
 
Kashi786 said:
yes without any source and with 1005 confirmation, Fawad in for arafat, and tanvir for butt

how sure are you?
 
MIG said:
Just switch off your PC and check again in 4 hrs.


I was honestly thinking of not watching or following the game today.


But as the game hours start to approach, I couldnt stop myself.And now here I am on Pakpassion.
 
adilmomin said:
Lol, I know im not feeling well about AFRIDI, mr. afridi fan, pak will cruise inshallah. just not him. gotta put him as an opener, let him just hit over and grab a few runs, u bring him later, he cant see the ball. BUT knowing pakistan he will not open. 200+ i think is a definite by **** if batting first, if not see ya in lahore tommorow.

am sure younis still remebers 2007 world cup, the kind of welcome team and the players recieved, its going to be even worse. so last chance for him or else people have their Chapal ready
 
Kashi786 said:
yes without any source and with 1005 confirmation, Fawad in for arafat, and tanvir for butt


Thats your prediction or what?
 
so even if pak wins today, how much chance do you guys think they have against those better teams? :):) if a team like eng can whopped their you know what then god help ups against others..
 
Kashi786 said:
am sure younis still remebers 2007 world cup, the kind of welcome team and the players recieved, its going to be even worse. so last chance for him or else people have their Chapal ready

yes, the reaction from the country will be even more hostile this time, not a fraction of a doubt.
Younis Khan's house might be in danger so watch out fellas.
Do well or move yourself and your family outta the country
 
well if the pakistan fielding improves, then they have a good chance
 
Afridi_Fan said:
Thats your prediction or what?


its not mine prediction, its what we want and its going to be the same, as tanvir is defitinely in for arafat (injured), and butt has been awfull, and also we saw younis lost his trust in him so fawad or shahzaib has to be in!
 
pakistan last hope ended!!!!

I think after awful performace in test and odi version of game,pakistan was counting on this t20 worldcup.they were really considering themselves as big contender of t20 worldcup ,but now pakistan is on verge of first round exit.
 
lalaji said:
so even if pak wins today, how much chance do you guys think they have against those better teams? :):) if a team like eng can whopped their you know what then god help ups against others..

we'll think about it later.. Let us win today first (by the required margin)..
Right now, the task in hand is to win today's match comfortably and reach the super 8s.
 
Kashi786 said:
its not mine prediction, its what we want and its going to be the same, as tanvir is defitinely in for arafat (injured), and butt has been awfull, and also we saw younis lost his trust in him so fawad or shahzaib has to be in!


Never question Pakistan Team selection.I wont be suprised if I see Butt and Shehzad opening again.

I hope thats not the case though.
 
I think Pakistan need to chase today if they win the Toss as thats best way to keep destiny in our own hands!
 
Amjid Javed said:
I think Pakistan need to chase today if they win the Toss as thats best way to keep destiny in our own hands!


I do agree with you.Seriously can't trust the bowlers.
 
How long would it take Yasir Arafat to regain his fitness from the Injury?

Could we replace him with Razzaq on the bases of injur?
 
What would you do if Younus asks RAO to bowl today instead of Tanvir?

Suicide?

Well, I definitely see RAO as better in form bowler at moment than Tanvir.
 
Amjid Javed said:
I think Pakistan need to chase today if they win the Toss as thats best way to keep destiny in our own hands!
spot on - as it keeps things simple regarding how many overs they need to score the runs in.
 
Alam_dar said:
How long would it take Yasir Arafat to regain his fitness from the Injury?

Could we replace him with Razzaq on the bases of injur?

I think he isnt in 30 man squad shaid isleye
 
actually, bowling first in the wet pitch will do good for ****, as long as they dont give yasir arafat the new ball!!! gul and ammer will be tough to handle for the dutch. just beat the dutch like we did in 2003 wc, they were like 35-7 at a point or so...dont let dutch score more than 130 i say, clean it up in 15. move on.
 
Batting first ???

Whaaaaaat ?!?!!??!!?!!!!
 
Note:

Remember guys,
it's just a game end of the day.

Win, Lose or Draw, it does not change anything.
It's pretty annoying when contemplating about the PCB and the banned players, and "What could have been" etc.

But regardless of that, whatever happens, happens.

Insha'Allah for the best.
 
Last edited:
observer1 said:
Note:

Remember guys, it's just a game end of the day.

Win, Lose or Draw, it does not change anything.
It's pretty annoying when contemplating about the PCB and the banned players, and "What could have been" etc.

But regardless of that, whatever happens, happens.

Insha'Allah for the best.

we will win inshallah. are you coming?
 
Butt
Akmal
Alam
Malik
Younus
Misbah
Afridi
Tanvir
Aamir
Gul
Ajmal
 
how did butt manage to stay in the team. Nannes will have him for lunch.
 
so its butt and akmal opening the innings! as long as kami plays more balls...if i seriously see butt eat balls and put kami in pressure to see him out! i will stick butt into the other idiot butt's butthole...oh god too many butts.
 
Why bat first ?

Someone know ?

I thought it would be chase and control your own destiny !
 
HEY!!!! Who's watching GEO SUPER right now?
Did you see what that person was saying..the one who is fortune teller typ person?
He said there are chances that Pak team are not going to win it if they bat second. And he said that FAWAD will play the winning role. He said that Pak can only win this match if Fawad plays. He also said that Tanvir's performance will be good but not better than FAWAD's.

(having said that, I dont believe in these predictions too much)
 
What the heck are they thinking??

Its an unwritten rule that if you are in a situation like this you always BOWL 1st.
 
why butt? now that he is playing i hope he scores century today. i hate butt
 
batting first is dangerous- at least when chasing you know exactly what is required.
 
observer1 said:
Note:

Remember guys,
it's just a game end of the day.

Win, Lose or Draw, it does not change anything.
It's pretty annoying when contemplating about the PCB and the banned players, and "What could have been" etc.

But regardless of that, whatever happens, happens.

Insha'Allah for the best.
Good post.
 
insallah... we will winn... but shouln't we ball first???? or is batting the right decision
 
I have no idea why they are batting first - high risk strategy as NL can go into the second innings knowing that they only have a set target to go through rather than having to win the game
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top