Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd Test- Day 1 | Napier | 11/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can see there is not much in the pitch as far as seam movement is concerned. There is some bounce so maybe Gul will get some help

oh you lucky boy.

come on gul, pretend it's 20/20 and fire in a quick yorker

This pitch will reverse and spin , I think Kanaria and Gul will do well

come on boys...

looking pretty lethargic out there

haha.. shoaib malik ordered off the pitch

Yousuf yells in Punjabi "ai Fawad hega list ich?"

are we batting on the same pitch?
Who made the decision to bat first? a pathetic decision to say the least

Blistering Barnacle said:
Pitch looks really flat.

That's an understatement. The way Danish was hoiking over midwicket told the sorry state of this pitch (for the bowlers).

down shoulders, tired looks, bowlers have had enough. They can't bail us out EVERY time.

taaveez said:
down shoulders, tired looks, bowlers have had enough. They can't bail us out EVERY time.

well said bro, its the batsmen who let us down again.

whoaa!!! am i dreaming !!!!! farhat 117* ???? tells a lot about the pitch and conditions doesn't it ????

however what i dont understand .. is this
yousuf 0
umar 0
misbah 0
????

adarsh_bang said:
whoaa!!! am i dreaming !!!!! farhat 117* ???? tells a lot about the pitch and conditions doesn't it ????

yousuf 0
umar 0
misbah 0
????

Almost makes you think they made a brotherly pact to get 3 Andai! Should make for a good Omelette!

adarsh_bang said:

yousuf 0
umar 0
misbah 0
????
you misread the score my friend:)

the bowlers look quite disinterested today..maybe because they came in at an odd time with not enough overs to get the groove and too many overs to treat it lightly.

tahaqureshi said:
the bowlers look quite disinterested today..maybe because they came in at an odd time with not enough overs to get the groove and too many overs to treat it lightly.

The pitch has taken the wind out of their sails. Its really awful. There is absolutely nothing in there for the seam bowlers! Can only look forward to Dani Boy now!

tahaqureshi said:

Maybe because they had to bat first and helped farhat to score some runs then come to bowl and try to bail out our team. i think next time we should go to a test match with 8 bowlers. At least they will help us score some runs and we will have a lot of bowling options.

wait wait wait wait!!! They removed Shoaib Malik from the match and look! 3 Ducks!!! Should've noticed before!

sali said:
Players were down, pp gone. Let's pray for rain now

Napier seems to have stable weather. Not much hope for rain. Pray for some other calamity!

Last edited:
well well well

not to be cocky or unpatriotic or anything but all i can say is how right i am. i have tirelessly stated again and again on this forum that malik is the least of our problems. im almost glad that most of our pakistani batsmen failed today. Now no one can play the blame game. Yousuf has been showed up. As has misbah, iqbal and kamran.

a lot of ppl have to eat their words today.

New Zealand on top today, good effort from them. Not a great day for Pakistan at all but also some credit should go to the NZ bowlers, especially O'Brien who is following that great Kiwi tradition of retiring right when he has turned into a decent Test player.

This series has had twists a plenty so who knows what will happen tomorrow. Great series to follow.

Pitch has flattened out now,IF any of Taylor,Mcculam,Vettori get in, expect a big one.They might even close it off in one innings,Kaneria will be crucial here,but i don,t think pitch will help him much.Winning the toss has proven costly for them.
It was never difficult pitch any way,If farhat can score 100 then it must be not bad for batting.
Both Akmal brothers played horrible shots to get out,and they were the main scorers in this series,Umar played similar shots in previous knocks but this time his luck ran out,Yousaf again fails when it really mattered,
As for Misbah, well it does not need bad pitch or great bowling to need him get out any way.He is a walking wicket these days.
Faisal has done what he does best,he is just not meant for International cricket.
Butt played a very poor shot to a straight ball as well.
All in all really poor performance,Well Nothing new there, But this time bowlers might be unable to get them out of this hole.
If Tail enders could have scored runs,then What is wrong with batsmen?Expect more of the same in Australia.

NZ knew Pakistanis are so bad in batting lets make flat pitch and they will fail anyway. Only way Pakistan can win is by bowling which will not get much support from this pitch. NZ did not wanted to give Pakistan bowler ANYYY chance thats why they are playing with 5 bowler on this flat track and Pakistan with 4. Thats called home advantag

NZ in other words have no answer to our bowling and only chance they have is we let down us self in batting which we did and now GOOD LUCK PAKISTAN

and IMRAN FARHAT is in team for atleast a year :((((((( PCB are looking for Saeed Anwar og Amir Sohail in Farhat and great Butt :)))

Last edited:
No chance newzealand are going to make something inexcess of 400 today and will win by an innings our bowlers were looking ineffective today pitch is a real flat one

tahaqureshi said:

Can you blame them they must be sick and tired of working their ass of only to see the batsmen screw it up.

mindless slogging said:
Spot on. Imagine if Farhat or Kaneria end up as our top scorers.

Stop imagining matey - it's for real!

Pakistan bowlers didnt looked penetrative today you cant blame them because it is a real flat deck (A track where farhat can score hundred )
Newzealand might have sealed the match in their favour after that disastrous first session

Just woke up and found that we've posted 223. Never expected that!

And Farhat has his century with more than half the runs lol.

And kaneria 16!!!!!!

This pitch can't be hard to bat on at all if kaneria can score 16.

ads101 said:
Just woke up and found that we've posted 223. Never expected that!

And Farhat has his century with more than half the runs lol.

And kaneria 16!!!!!!

This pitch can't be hard to bat on at all if kaneria can score 16.

and Farhat scoring almost half the runs....this pitch is a travesty

OZGOD said:
Stop imagining matey - it's for real!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Actually didn't think it would happen. Kaneria actually got close to bwing second top scorer aswell. Sad state for Pakistan cricket to be in when we do that on a flat day 1 pitch. :(

Luton Bad Boy said:
and Farhat scoring almost half the runs....this pitch is a travesty
he scored more than half the runs lol.

About the same percentage contribution as gayle did recently in his test, 165 also not out in a total of 317.

But in some ways Farhats innings came under more pressure as it was first innings (while it looked like it would be a draw after both 1st innings in west indies v australia test), and Farhat's team seemed to be getting out on ducks (3 consecutive ducks).

If Farhat had not played with such poor technique, his innings would have been lauded as one of the best Pakistani innings of all time.

Well Pakistan are doomed unless NZ start throwing their wickets away like Pakistan.
That first session has probably killed the test match for Pak.

ads101 said:
If Farhat had not played with such poor technique, his innings would have been lauded as one of the best Pakistani innings of all time.

:))) :))) If Farhat played with a decent technique (and temperamant) his whole career, we may have an accomplished opener in our side since Anwar retired.

I didn't even realise the test had begun :)))

I've been so busy with deadlines I din't realise the test started last night and not tonight.

We're in trouble again. But have faith guys.

Imran Farhat makes a 100 ! :)))

He's gonna be selected for the next 10 years now.

And oh I don't think 200 odd runs every innings is gonna help us much against Australia.

Juggernaut said:
I didn't even realise the test had begun :)))

I've been so busy with deadlines I din't realise the test started last night and not tonight.

We're in trouble again. But have faith guys.

Imran Farhat makes a 100 ! :)))

He's gonna be selected for the next 10 years now.

And oh I don't think 200 odd runs every innings is gonna help us much against Australia.

Serious dude? :O

You missed an atrocious batting performance, coupled with good comedic days play (all provided by us. N.Z. were essentially bystanders).

Btw, I think this is a 450 pitch. For rubbish batting strips (like us and N.Z.) that equates to roughly 350. We're way behind the game, and the bowlers couldn't even get a breakthrough.

Last edited:
Pakistan are in deep waters unless or until we get atleast 4 or 5 wkts in first

session its game over for Pak but I dont see that happening it really looks

like a 450 pitch where newzealand batting will prosper and really pakistan

bowlers didnt look threatning at all today

Hang on a minute here peeps I just noticed that the weather forcast for tommorow is showing showers & clowdy, which means assistance for the fast bowlers. Still a strong possibility NZ could be rolled for under a 100 or 150 at max.....

Khurram said:
and IMRAN FARHAT is in team for atleast a year :((((((( PCB are looking for Saeed Anwar og Amir Sohail in Farhat and great Butt :)))

Seriously Pakistan are sorely missing their old batting talents...How i wish for younger version of Inzi :inzi and miandad :jm and Saeed Anwar :anwar to return to pak cricket....the brightest of hopes is in U Akmal.....there is a drought of quality batsmen, or the deserving young guns are unjustly being kept out...shame

If our batting was to equal our bowling we would have been the strongest side in the world :(

Last edited:
Romali_rotti said:
Hang on a minute here peeps I just noticed that the weather forcast for tommorow is showing showers & clowdy, which means assistance for the fast bowlers. Still a strong possibility NZ could be rolled for under a 100 or 150 at max.....

WHAT?

Are u giving us fake hope? ;-) I hope not :)

cricket_fever said:
WHAT?

Are u giving us fake hope? ;-) I hope not :)

Nope weather forecast says cloudy/showers which means trouble for NZ with Aamer and Asif swinging it.......

Romali_rotti said:
Nope weather forecast says cloudy/showers which means trouble for NZ with Aamer and Asif swinging it.......

Balle Balle..... :108: :108: :108:

:gul :asif :aamir are you listening? You better exploit conditions tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back