Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd Test- Day 1 | Napier | 11/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm a firm believer we bat in reverse order. Aamir and Amals form a formidable middle-order with decent tail.

Danish only dealing in boundaries ... 4 so far ... need another 21 Danish...

This time Farhat takes a single first ball ... more confidence to Danni boy!

but seriously, do you think NZ will make more than 300

chalo, ab pakistani bowling dekhney ko mileygi, batting mein toh kuch rakha hi nai hai

As much as everyone's bashed Farhat over the years, I am so happy to see him smiling. I feel he deserves it.

Probably 100 runs short but don't know how many catches we will drop.

Could have been worst but thanks to Ameer, Gul and Kaneria giving son-in-law support

insaaniyat said:
kiyamat kee nishaani would be if he goes on to make another century in the second inning:) and drop no catches

Janab us din phir Qayamat ho gi!!

btw there is saying in punjabi

"Khoti roz roz nahi sundi"

Last edited:
When was the last time NZ bowled a team out for less than 250 and Vettori went wicketless?

Fair play to Farhat - gave us a relatively decent total, would have liked to get to 250 BUT cant complain after we were 80-5 and 90-6

Im still confident we can win this game - need Asif and Aamer to pick up some early wickets

JeeraBlade said:
You think 223 is "much"?
223 doesn't look much on the surface, but believe me, NZ will have a tough time chasing this total too. We are not in a bad situation,.

Michael from Australia is reeling. "I have just seen the words "Farhat carries his bat" written on Cricinfo. Either it's a dream, or the apocolypse is coming. What next, "NZ openers put on century stand"?"
plagiarism

tauseefm said:
Farhat carries the bat.. Qayamat ki nishaniyan hain

from cricinfo:
Michael from Australia is reeling. "I have just seen the words "Farhat carries his bat" written on Cricinfo. Either it's a dream, or the apocolypse is coming. What next, "NZ openers put on century stand"?"

Either Tauseef is Michael or there is some truth in this! SCARY!!!

Well done to Farhat. Carrying your bat is no mean feat, even when the rest of your team are hopeless. Someone should tell PCB the idea is to have your best players batting from 1 to 4.

223 is not a good total but the ball has dominated the bat in this series so have to see how NZ go with the bat. Considering how bad their batting is, they would want a 100 run lead at least to be happy.

Random Aussie said:
Well done to Farhat. Carrying your bat is no mean feat, even when the rest of your team are hopeless. Someone should tell PCB the idea is to have your best players batting from 1 to 4.

223 is not a good total but the ball has dominated the bat in this series so have to see how NZ go with the bat. Considering how bad their batting is, they would want a 100 run lead at least to be happy.
you are a well balanced post:)

genghis81 said:
"much" more than NZ will. Our batsmen are bad, but NZ are even worse!

insaaniyat said:
223 doesn't look much on the surface, but believe me, NZ will have a tough time chasing this total too. We are not in a bad situation,.

Even when we won the toss and elected to bat?

How many times have these NZ commentators compared this new BJ to Bradman...

Sighs 'R' Us

I love Aamer

seriously, I just love him

In a very hetero, manly way....

tahaqureshi said:
As much as everyone's bashed Farhat over the years, I am so happy to see him smiling. I feel he deserves it.

i agree with you when farhat was selected for nz tour i was very happy cuz he was a good batsmen to watch but was sad he didnt got chance in 0dis and when he got chance in test matches, he didnt shined and did worse by dropping so many catches......so after a longtime a good 100 by him is a great feeling. i hope from this 100 he becomes consistent and goes on to score big runs cuz we really need it....another dissapointing day for pak.
yousuf-umer-misbah all out for 0 thats a shame.....now i hope our bowlers do good and restrict kiwis for 150 sumtthing. its not easy but its not impossible aswell...fielding should b top notch

Hash said:
I love Aamer

seriously, I just love him

In a very hetero, manly way....
Thats nice to hear...

Hey are you sticking by your earlier prediction in that if we cross 200 we win?

genghis81 said:
Thats nice to hear...

Hey are you sticking by your earlier prediction in that if we cross 200 we win?

Yes

I think we will win this match.

genghis81 said:
from cricinfo:

Either Tauseef is Michael or there is some truth in this! SCARY!!!

I am watching it live so no point going to cricinfo. Well how scary it can get when Imran Farhat carries the bat!!!

"Technology doesn't lie Mohammad"

I can't watch this match with the sound on, I just want to shoot myself.

Luke from New Zealand: "For every run McIntosh scores I'm gonna drink a beer. I have a feeling I'll still be fit to drive tonight."

Need to get a couple of wickets before the ball gets old, and especially at least 2 before the end of days play.

Come on boys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back