Pakistan v New Zealand | 3rd Test- Day 1 | Napier | 11/12/09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Afridi_Fan

Test Star
Runs
Post of the Week
Just 3 hours left for the game to start. I hope :moyo wins the toss. And then let :asif :aamir and :gul take the advantage of any moisture in the pitch. Because I think the pitch will be best for batting on day 2 and 3, and then will probably give some support to the spiners.

Lets keep all the negative talks out of this thread and support our team.

Go Pakistannnnnnn

I am 100% behind our bowling squad.
Go get them Tigers (crap I cannot use that line anymore)

A question about selection

i could have created another thread but thought might as well get this question into this one, so my question is:

why is it that all the other test playing nations, if not all then majority of them, inform the media and make a decision as to who will play next match about 3 days before the match, where as for Pakistan we have to wait until the toss to get to know who is in and who's out?

i.e. new zealand dropped fulton and picked up guptil, and another one is that they already made a decision that vettori will bat a number 6

:inti :moyo but these people like giving surprises, fawad dropped oh no, nobody can say anything now, and umar batting at number three, again nobody can criticise until the match isnt over

Weather looks good, no moisture on the pitch, flat pitch, better bat first, get the runs on the board, put pressure, no help on day 1 for bowlers.

Attachments

• napier.jpg
    napier.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 221
Free Hit said:
i could have created another thread but thought might as well get this question into this one, so my question is:

why is it that all the other test playing nations, if not all then majority of them, inform the media and make a decision as to who will play next match about 3 days before the match, where as for Pakistan we have to wait until the toss to get to know who is in and who's out?

i.e. new zealand dropped fulton and picked up guptil, and another one is that they already made a decision that vettori will bat a number 6

:inti :moyo but these people like giving surprises, fawad dropped oh no, nobody can say anything now, and umar batting at number three, again nobody can criticise until the match isnt over

I have wondered about the same thing for a long time. Let me know if you figure this out.

Free Hit said:

Well with Pak cricket, you dont know which channel is broadcasting the game until 2 mins before the match starts...to find out the team?? Thats asking too much.

Oxy said:
Well with Pak cricket, you dont know which channel is broadcasting the game until 2 mins before the match starts...to find out the team?? Thats asking too much.

lol haha, zee cinema, i have watched more overs of claim time solicitor than the actual match overs, remember when the picture was on but no sound, that claim time came on, and i tell you what, our full family from my litle 7 year old brother to my granddad, were saying, "agar aap ka koi kaam pai hadsa hua hai, slip ya trip tau claim time ko fone karay, hum aap......................................" it was fun :))

Oxy said:

ARY Zindabad :afridi ;-)

jo company apka claim blah di blah di blah i fall asleep during these ads, hopefully tariq halal meat wont turn up thats even worse i cant stand seeing meat being cut so early in the morning

Muzy said:
jo company apka claim blah di blah di blah i fall asleep during these ads, hopefully tariq halal meat wont turn up thats even worse i cant stand seeing meat being cut so early in the morning

lol

Will it be ok, if we don't post any pictures in this thread? Because in makes the page heavier and it takes some time to load on a cell phone. I hope you guys understand. :D

Afridi_Fan said:
Will it be ok, if we don't post any pictures in this thread? Because in makes the page heavier and it takes some time to load on a cell phone. I hope you guys understand. :D
No guarantees. If there is a female streaker during the match then this promise might need to be broken........ ;-)

Muzy said:

Attachments

• cts.JPG
    cts.JPG
    17.3 KB · Views: 214
Best possible line-up for the match:

Farhat
Butt
Moyo
Misbah
U. Akmal
Alam
K. Akmal
Amir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

Actual line-up (probable)

Farhat
Butt
Iqbal
Moyo
Umar
Misbah/Malik
Kamran
Amir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

Inswinger said:
No guarantees. If there is a female streaker during the match then this promise might need to be broken........ ;-)
Oh would love so see that, if she is worth it. ;-)

Usman said:
Farhat
Butt
Iqbal
Moyo
Umar
Misbah/Malik
Kamran
Amir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

I think it was indicated earlier that Malik may sit out this game, so it will be Bhanja and Misbah playing.

Usman said:
Best possible line-up for the match:

Farhat
Butt
Moyo
Misbah
U. Akmal
Alam
K. Akmal
Amir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria

Actual line-up (probable)

Farhat
Butt
Iqbal
Moyo
Umar
Misbah/Malik
Kamran
Amir
Gul
Asif
Kaneria
How could you even name him as the possible in actual line up?

Afridi_Fan said:
How could you even name him as the possible in actual line up?

You never know Malik may still show up! I will hold my breath until I see the batting line up on TV.

gollumbird said:
You never know Malik may still show up! I will hold my breath until I see the batting line up on TV.
Ah! Yeah anything is possible in Pakistan cricket.

Inswinger said:
Mrs. Oxy needs to take a look at your computer. Wonder how many other photos you ave stored........
She is sitting to my left...

Last edited:
less than 2 hours. looking forward to heading home from a long day at work.

Oxy said:
We are watching 'Tujh pe Qurban' drama tgether...
Or is it more like Mrs Oxy is watching and Mr Oxy is made to watch the drama. :p

Afridi_Fan said:
Or is it more like Mrs Oxy is watching and Mr Oxy is made to watch the drama. :p

I love most Pak dramas - we watch them together. Mon-Thurs, 7.30-9.30pm

Oxy said:
I love most Pak dramas - we watch them together. Mon-Thurs, 7.30-9.30pm
As long as you're not watching any of the STAR Plus garbage. Pak drama are pretty good and I'm guilty of watching them as well.

Inswinger said:
As long as you're not watching any of the STAR Plus garbage. Pak drama are pretty good and I'm guilty of watching them as well.

ONLY Pak dramas for me - and the biggest Pak drama of them all...our cricket team!

Oxy said:
What time does this game kick off?

whenever pakistan team takes the field the game will start, 11 pm i think UK time, just over half an hour left

Free Hit said:
whenever pakistan team takes the field the game will start, 11 pm i think UK time, just over half an hour left
I think it's an hour and a half.

Afridi_Fan said:
I love the cast. :moyo :misbah :inti :malik

more like.

produced by: intikhab alam
directed by: muhammad yousuf
lyrics: salman butt
camera man: fawad alam
main acter: danish kaneria
actress: muhammad asif
villan: Shoaib Malik

future stars: :umarakmal :aamir :akmal :gul :ajmal

Last edited:
Whoever put the date in the thread title he should know its 11-12-09 not 11-11-09 :p

Afridi_Fan said:
Whoever put the date in the thread title he should know its 11-12-09 not 11-11-09 :p
Copy paste didn't work :))

cricket_fever said:
I am feeling sleepy ....tata off to sleep
Come on...That's so weak. About an hour away from the start of the match and you're turning in without watching a few overs? :28:

Salam Guys, match starts in about an hour or so.. can't wait! Inshallah Pakistan will win!

You know whats the worst part. The loadshedding time starts bang at 4 am till 6 am. Then after one hour we'll have loadshedding again from 7 am till 9 am.

:pissed:

doesnt this match start in an hour? On the main page it says in 6 hours, are we gonna have a night test match then? :p

Afridi_Fan said:
You know whats the worst part. The loadshedding time starts bang at 4 am till 6 am. Then after one hour we'll have loadshedding again from 7 am till 9 am.

:pissed:

lol! I dont have to worry about that here, in Mississauga!

cricketpassion said:
who started this thread :13: :yk
I didn't put the date in the title. Its one of the mods who did. And is it has been corrected so no worries. :)

bluffmasterv2 said:
doesnt this match start in an hour? On the main page it says in 6 hours, are we gonna have a night test match then? :p

If so, play fawad, maybe this time he wont get out playing a shot straight to the fielder. :D

thats how it should be.

"whats up yo, i am the Don, like the style of how am wearing my hat" I am the don, bring it on

I think somebody on his right is trying to have a go at him, probably shoaib malik, but salman butt is stopping him by saying "yaar rehne dau, abhi australia bhi jana hai, molvi bohat dadda hai"

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
^^ Right anyone dropping any catches will be getting to meet this close up.

And looking at the expression on Butt's face, he might have been the first one to.

Last edited:
On_the_up said:
^^ Right anyone dropping any catches will be getting to meet this close up.
haha including the cap'n himself?

Free Hit said:
thats how it should be.

"whats up yo, i am the Don, like the style of how am wearing my hat" I am the don, bring it on
My God, Butt is even in that pic too. Who tells him that which photographer is going to take the pic from a certain angle?

what nightmare is in store today then ?

another Aamir opener gone + 100 stand or Pak 37-3 as per ?

Pakistan 57 for 7 at lunch

Butt not out 23

On_the_up said:
I am feeling positive, that usually spells trouble.

Everyone think positive, and pray that inshallah pakistan scores alot of runs, and take alot of wickets!

Its been snowing alot these last 2 days here in Mississauga, and today was freegin cold day. Felt around -20 degrees, on top of that was wind. ohhhhH!ohih!

gollumbird said:
:)) Be careful with the Butcher's Knife when you are watching the game!

Yup, anything can happen, lets just pray for the best and to go with Pakistan inshallah! :D

Zechariah said:
Sharam kar Yaar. 57-3. :D

tauba, InshaAllah end of the day 337-5 or NZ 228 all out pakistan 12-3 end of day, imran farhat out on 12, nightwatchman comes in danish kaneria, out for golden duck, 3 balls remaining another night watchman comes gul out on 2 ball duck, umpires cant wait for aother batsman to come out so thats stupms, butt is not out on 0*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back