Pakistan v South Africa | 1st Test | Dubai | 12/11/10 | Day 1: Session 1 & 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison

Senior ODI Player
Runs
Post of the Week
Seems nobody's really that excited about this Test. :misbah is dissapointed.

We may get mauled this series, but really looking forward to seeing how our batting does (esp. Umar Akmal, Azhar Ali and Taufeeq Umar). :aali

Hope the pitch is sporting in Dubai, and also, where the hell is Umar Gul gone?!

Same old crap..

The openers will get out cheaply if Pak bats first.

South Africans will have a solid batting start if the get to bat first.

What a beast of a batting lineup for Pakistan on paper.
Only if UL HAQ was :inzi not misbah.
Looking forward to watch :taufeeq play .. i always thought he was the solution to our opening problem after Anwar retired. :taufeeq looks good against pace, might struggle against Botha and Harris.

Looking forward to watch :taufeeq play .. i always thought he was the solution to our opening problem after Anwar retired. :taufeeq looks good against pace, might struggle against Botha and Harris.

Toffee Kumar will have a typical Pakistani opener start IMO.

A few glimpses of "strokes" on crappy deliveries if he gets lucky, and may end up scoring like a 20 odd runs before gifting away his wicket.

Toffee Kumar will have a typical Pakistani opener start IMO.

A few glimpses of "strokes" on crappy deliveries if he gets lucky, and may end up scoring like a 20 odd runs before gifting away his wicket.
Adil/Bilal Bhai,

I saw him at NCA and he looked pretty solid. I am expecting him to score and perform as he looked in very good touch at that time.

Also Aamer Sohail praises him so there must be something in him

My prediction:

Pakistan win toss, put SA in to bat. Sami takes 6 wickets in the first session, with Riaz cleaning up the tail. Pakistan then put on 550 with Younis getting a double hundred before sending South Africa in for their second innings and Ajmal picking up a 5 wicket bag with constant use of the doosra. Game over within 2 days. Misbah on score card as Did Not Bat.

:D

Last edited:
Surprised by timing .. was use to all those d/n matches .. this one begins in hour and a half.

Last edited:
My prediction:

Pakistan win toss, put SA in to bat. Sami takes 6 wickets in the first session, with Riaz cleaning up the tail. Pakistan then put on 550 with Younis getting a double hundred before sending South Africa in for their second innings and Ajmal picking up a 5 wicket bag with constant use of the doosra. Misbah on score card as Did Not Bat.

I think you have mixed up Younis with Yousuf.

I hope your prediction is true :)

My prediction:

Sami takes 6 wickets in the first session, with Riaz cleaning up the tail. Pakistan then put on 550 with Younis getting a double hundred before sending South Africa in for their second innings and Ajmal picking up a 5 wicket bag with constant use of the doosra. Game over within 2 days. Misbah on score card as Did Not Bat.

Whatever you have been smoking must be on sale. :))

I think you have mixed up Younis with Yousuf.

I hope your prediction is true :)

No mix up. Though expect Yousuf to get a slow but vital 60 odd in support to Younis and his incredible double hundred :)

My prediction:

Pakistan win toss, put SA in to bat. Sami takes 6 wickets in the first session, with Riaz cleaning up the tail. Pakistan then put on 550 with Younis getting a double hundred before sending South Africa in for their second innings and Ajmal picking up a 5 wicket bag with constant use of the doosra. Game over within 2 days. Misbah on score card as Did Not Bat.

Only thing somewhat possible from your post was the part about Pakistan winning the toss.

Misbah is already eyeing the ODI captaincy and bringing home the WC for Pakistan....aur phir Misbah so kar uth gaya! :misbah

Jokes aside, best of luck to Misbah and more importantly Pakistan. As Sir john stated, I want to see 5 days of cricket.

Last edited:
My prediction:

YES! we need to be OPTIMISTIC!:rao

I think we need to mature as a nation as well as cricket fans, just look at some of the Indian sites and you will see the difference in maturity and education. For me the most important thing is the nature of the pitch. I truly hope for the sake of Pakistan test cricket, fans and our players that it's a result oriented pitch.

not even excited about this one...the only reason i had been watching test matches in the past was because of :asif:amir:gul. :(

but I'll still watch some of it if we
r bowling, just too see the new akmal.

Come on guys, dont give up so easily, I still believe that this test will be closer than we think, i.e. people think it will be over in 2 days, whereas it should go all the way to 3 days :)

On a more serious note, lets hope Pak make a good fist of it.

I think we need to mature as a nation as well as cricket fans, just look at some of the Indian sites and you will see the difference in maturity and education.

Nation? Who told you we are a nation?

We are a lost herd of sheep who has no idea about it's destiny.....
lol talk about getting "Matured". Mazaak acha kar leytay hain aap.

Nation? Who told you we are a nation?

We are a lost herd of sheep who has no idea about it's destiny.....
lol talk about getting "Matured". Mazaak acha kar leytay hain aap.

so true. PAKISTAN is lost at the moment.

Come on guys, dont give up so easily, I still believe that this test will be closer than we think, i.e. people think it will be over in 2 days, whereas it should go all the way to 3 days :)

On a more serious note, lets hope Pak make a good fist of it.

I see what u did here....:inti

letsdowx51.jpg

Pak will win the series 1-0.
The exitment is not just the same without Amir and Asif.

Pak will win the series 1-0.
The exitment is not just the same without Amir and Asif.

SA bat first
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Moyo not Avalaible

Last edited:
Taufeeq
Hafeez
YK
Azhar
Misbah
Umar
Adnan
Rehman
Wahab
Gul
Ajmal

Ah Pakistan, finally both your real batsmen are picked and one of them is not available.

What could it be? A life ban? Got a plane to catch? Found money in his shoe?

SA will cream Pakistan btw.

Guuuullll .. good to see him back .. i think ?

Ah Pakistan, finally both your real batsmen are picked and one of them is not available.

love the confidence my man

seriously ...PCB now have decided to play only one 'Y'....morons....

Rameez to Adnan Akmal "Is you dad 'pumping out' more Akmals?" WTFFF???????

Pakistan should have played 3 fast bowlers as Hafeez can bowl as the second spinner.

Gul has rarely been impressive in tests. Seriously wanted to see Sami for the opening bowling.

interesting to see how pak bowlers will bowl today.

Last edited:

The same way India and SL creamed Australia just recently?

"It's an empty stadium in Dubai, predictably so on a hot day even though it's a holiday"

adnan sounds soo innocent

too bad the bookies will get to him in a couple of months:zoni

Zulqernain went to london from dubai which was really unexpected...

Sami didnt cut his hairs still which was expected more than zulqernain's event but expect the unexpected here :|

It seems like yesterday when Rameez was taking Umar's interview..

adnan sounds soo innocent

too bad the bookies will get to him in a couple of months:zoni

couple of months????? His older brother is king of bookies himself so Adnan knows all the bookes already!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back