Pakistan v Sri Lanka | 1st Test - Day | Day 3 | Karachi | 23/2/09

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
Just under an hour to go till the start of the crucial 3rd day. It is imperative for Pak's chances of saving this test that they bat out the whole of today, ideally loosing no more than 5 wkts. Insha allah they will do well.
:yk :misbah :malik :akmal

Won't be able to watch today's play tonight. I've got class early tomorrow.

Inshallah we'll be well placed by morning time here, might be able to catch the last session of i wake up early enough.

Good luck to the team.

^^ lol same here... I might wake up early to watch the last session...

Good Luck to Pakistan team Insh Allah they will do really well. I will just go and sleep it is 11:32 PM over here, I got a test at 8:00 AM tomorrow, will have to leave at 6:00 AM so Allah Hafiz to everyone

minhasuz said:
Good Luck to Pakistan team Insh Allah they will do really well. I will just go and sleep it is 11:32 PM over here, I got a test at 8:00 AM tomorrow, will have to leave at 6:00 AM so Allah Hafiz to everyone
inshallah you will do well in your test too.

If Younis scores 133+ runs today his average will move over 50 for the first time in his career.

Good attacking cricket from Younis. Won't be long before Mendis is brought on. Vaas struggling here.

Khurram is trying to read murli off the pitch, not a good tactic at all. I dont like this guy's technique

wez4all said:
khurram needs to be positive , he cant play a long inning like this

this guy just cant play at front foot. its very important to ply at front foot against spin.

mostakim said:
this guy just cant play at front foot. its very important to ply at front foot against spin.

completely agree with u.

his batting stance is so wide which his not helping his cause of playing at front foot

He's playing on the back foot because he's trying to read the ball off the pitch rather then reading it from the hand.

Simon Taufel's having a look at the ball. Feels it has gone a little out of shape

69-1 after 30 overs both are looking ok but younis khan is looking in good form nice batting against vaas

waqar just cant stop criticising younis khan for his first day over attack policy

another good shot from younis khan this time for another 4

Khurram playing dig in game. 20 of 80 so far. No fours this morning

khurram is making difficult for himself by playing at back foot bcz there is no bounce in this wicket, ball can stay low

Two maidens in a row from Vaas to Manzoor ... going into a defensive shell like Butt did yesterday. Needs to look at rotating the strike.

Umta said:
Khurram playing dig in game. 20 of 80 so far. No fours this morning

1 four for khurram this morning:

26.3 Muralitharan to Khurram Manzoor, FOUR, ooooh, short on middle, went straight on and was bowled quick, got his bad down just in time there to get the outside edge, Murali felt it struck him on his pads there but there was a clear edge

Well he was asking for it, the way he was playing ... well now we are into the proper batsmen!

as i said khurram making difficult for himself by playing at back foot, he should have been on front foot

Tvn is fine so far today!

Attachments

• khurram goes.JPG
    khurram goes.JPG
    22.5 KB · Views: 65
I like the idea of Malik coming in now. Leaves Misbah to drop anchor later on.

genghis81 said:
Well he was asking for it, the way he was playing ... well now we are into the proper batsmen!

Makes you wonder why we have no strategy.

Manzoor will keep on playing like this until he is dropped!! No one seems to adapt

MIG said:
Makes you wonder why we have no strategy.

Manzoor will keep on playing like this until he is dropped!! No one seems to adapt
Its almost like there is too much pressure on them to just hand around for as long as possible. We shouldn't be playing for a draw, its only day 3 of the test match and these guys think they are helping the team by batting slowly.

i dont like khurram he is not good in ODI'S bcz he is very slow and in test on this flat track he failed to captilize

Back