Pakistan v Sri Lanka | Asia Cup 2016 | 4th March, 2016 | Dhaka | Sri Lanka Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like another defeat on the card!!!! Hope for positive upcoming change

Lala is so aggressive - has come to bowl within PP. My misfortune is that, I kept Friday morning open in calendar, so that I can watch the potential SF .....................

Why bowl a spinner in the PP overs on such a pitch?

When Afridi is not screwing things himself then he does it indirectly with his captaincy.
Why feed spinners to Dilshan in batting PP?

Last edited:
why bowls newcomer in the PP? Afridi is just brainless.

Nawaz is not ready for international cricket. I said it last time too. Need to drop him from the World Cup squad.

This match is more important than what it appears like.

The team which wins will atleast have a morale booster ahead of the world T20, but the one which loses this match will be severely dented on confidence which can affect its world cup chances.

Looks like our team is getting worse day by day!!!! I bet if we play with UAE next we will end up loosing that as well.

Nawaz had best statics in PSL for a spinner. quality of PSL is on display here. Was PSL played on square turners?

Looks like pakistan will chase 150 tonight

laxman blasting afridi for bringing nawaz now

What does VVS know about Captaincy? How many matches he has led the side? How many SIX had he hit in hit career? He was such a poor batsman that got dropped from Indian ODI side, which is always behind Pakistan in talent. He should measure his level before talking about Lala's Captaincy.

This match is more important than what it appears like.

The team which wins will atleast have a morale booster ahead of the world T20, but the one which loses this match will be severely dented on confidence which can affect its world cup chances.

Dent of confidence??? Our team only deserve to play qualifier and there is no way we can pass the group stage.

Nawaz had best statics in PSL for a spinner. quality of PSL is on display here. Was PSL played on square turners?
he is not a real spinner as I mentioned during PSL and got lucky in taking wickets. The real spinners were Zulfiqar Babar and Mohammad Asghar none of them were selected for Asia Cup and WC.

Spinner again. Lol. Same result again

I still back nawaz. Has nerve to still bowl up , many spinner would have started darting.

Nice comeback by Nawaz. The youngster is under immense pressure following an onslaught by Dilshan. Need to persist with. Fickle fans are requested to shut their beaks.

Oh God Nawaz, I think he should be dropped for World T20 unless he makes up for these 2 expensive overs

What does VVS know about Captaincy? How many matches he has led the side? How many SIX had he hit in hit career? He was such a poor batsman that got dropped from Indian ODI side, which is always behind Pakistan in talent. He should measure his level before talking about Lala's Captaincy.

Lala is a legend and you better believe it

Awful commentary. Says that Nawaz increased his pace in the last two balls, turns out he actually decreased it.

he is not a real spinner as I mentioned during PSL and got lucky in taking wickets. The real spinners were Zulfiqar Babar and Mohammad Asghar none of them were selected for Asia Cup and WC.

feeling sorry for afridi first time. everything he does, goes wrong.
really, bechara afridi, poor batsmen, no spinner other than him , what can he do as a captain.

That stopped being funny years ago especially now for those fans still left after we got the boot from the asia cup. So all you're doing is rubbing salt in the wounds.

Believe it or not but he's actually a mentor for one of the IPL teams. How can he be a mentor for a T20 team is beyond me.

Lala is a legend and you better believe it

I always believe that - bigger than Khan. His influence in PAK cricket is more than Khan or Kardar. Khan has inspired just few like Was, Waq or Sohaib; Lala has inspiered a whole generation in a 200 mn cricket mad country.

Believe it or not but he's actually a mentor for one of the IPL teams. How can he be a mentor for a T20 team is beyond me.

That's another lie by Javed Afridi & Co. Since his political career, Khan has lost a lot of his credibility, but still hasn't gone that low........

He has actually not bowled too badly , basics are there. Just need a bit change of pace.

He's got potential but he's not ready right now. Taking him to India will not only be detrimental for the team, it might be the end of Nawaz's career.

feeling sorry for afridi first time. everything he does, goes wrong.
really, bechara afridi, poor batsmen, no spinner other than him , what can he do as a captain.
No bechara. He choose this squad himself. A proper spinner should be there in squad.

He's got potential but he's not ready right now. Taking him to India will not only be detrimental for the team, it might be the end of Nawaz's career.

Guess we dont have a choice now , we cant only play one spinner on indian wickets.

Nawaz has been put to the test !

Needs to bowl more wicket taking deliveries than just darting !

That confidence will come soon !

Given out spin resources right now it wouldn't be a bad call to take Zulfi or Ajmal to WT20.

I really think Asghar / Nawaz or even Gohar have a more chance of mucking it up at the big stage in India - Also the fact that most of our players can't handle pressure to save their lives :facepalm:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What fans are forgetting is that pitches are changing drastically with every passing day. The pitch today isn't the same as the one where last match was played, which should tell you volumes about how fans are overreacting.

Given our spin resources right now it wouldn't be a bad call to take Zulfi or Ajmal to WT20.

I really think Asghar / Nawaz or even Gohar have a more chance of mucking it up at the big stage in India - Also the fact that most of our players can't handle pressure to save their lives :facepalm:

Someone is obsessed with :afridi, I get that afridi isn't great and doesn't deserve to be in the team but don't you think you are overdoing it? Every post making fun of afridi, if I didn't know better I would think you are a crazy pakistan fan who is very upset at the losses suffered by pak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back