Pakistan v West Indies | 1st Test (D/N) | Dubai (DSC) | Oct 13-17, 2016 | Day 1

Abdullah719

T20I Captain
Runs
Pakistan Team
Misbah-ul-Haq*, Asad Shafiq, Azhar Ali, Babar Azam, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Nawaz, Sami Aslam, Sarfraz Ahmed†, Sohail Khan, Wahab Riaz, Yasir Shah.

West Indies Team
JO Holder*, KC Brathwaite, D Bishoo, J Blackwood, DM Bravo, RL Chase, ML Cummins, SO Dowrich†, ST Gabriel, LR Johnson, MN Samuels.

Misbah-ul-Haq won the toss and Pakistan opted to bat first.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this. A history making Test and lots of questions.

How will the pitch be prepared to protect the condition of the pink ball ? How much assistance will seamers get under lights ?

Looking forward to this. A history making Test and lots of questions.

How will the pitch be prepared to protect the condition of the pink ball ? How much assistance will seamers get under lights ?

will dew play a part?

This is going to win the award for the most hopelessly one sided series of the year.:srini

What a stupid pitch for a pink ball.

There's no grass. The ball is going to turn into a bundle of rags.

Good toss to win, time to bat big in this 1st inns and grind W.I into the ground early on.

Let hope our batsmen arent complacent here in this inns and they look to show same solid batting principles we have in the last few test series we have played

They have selected exactly my team.

Now, hope that Babar bats at 3 & Aamir at 8.

Good toss to win as well.

I just find the lack of grass shows a foolish degree of faith in the pink ball's endurance.

Starc will eat Sami Aslam alive if he's this nervous at the start of his innings in Australia :mv

Sami needs to be careful against the ball swing back into him and playing across the line, needs to play straight here.

Sami Aslam for sure will break records of all the tuk tukiships previously made.

Pink Ball. I wish Afridi was playing test cricket.. Yummy!:afridi

Testing stuff from W.I opening bowlers so far.

why dont they use white ball in day and night test match and change the kit colour for such test?

test cricket in colored clothing

we should mantain atleast some sense of tradition rather than gleefully descending into savagery

Here's the hours of play for this Test match (local time):

First Session - 15.30 to 17.30
Tea 17.30 to 18.00
Second Session - 18.00 to 20.00
Dinner 20.00 to 20.30
Third Session - 20.30 to 22.30.

So would expect a better crowd in second session and after.

A Huge gulf in class between these two sides.Unless Windies bowlers pitch it fuller and try to swing it,I am afraid it is going to be some rather long days in the office for them.Also somehow feel that Amir is going to gobble these batsmen up.

Not much bounce with new ball from W.I bowlers, thought they would be as the pink ball was in theory suppose to give more bounce then red ball when its new.

Good solid start here by our openers though.

test cricket in colored clothing

we should mantain atleast some sense of tradition rather than gleefully descending into savagery

Well, black is not a colour so....................

ICC can make it mandatory for every team to wear black in Day and night test match. What is wrong with it?

ESPN shows Babar at 3...

Interesting.

Hopefully openers make a solid start.

Lol

Stadium as expected is totally empty.

Ahh thanks.

Was spoilt with Eng - Pak on Sky Sports. Could stream on sky go at work.

You can still stream Zing legally on your phone/computer. I am using an app called TVPlayer which is on par with SkyGo when it comes to streaming live content. Give it a go...

I just find the lack of grass shows a foolish degree of faith in the pink ball's endurance.

Agree. They are going have to switch balls pretty frequently.

Also, as usual people on field outnumber people in the stands.

I wonder whether the pink ball will move around much under lights even if the dew factor is not that great.

The last two openers any opening attack would want to bowl to. They will blunt the life out of you.

The last two openers any opening attack would want to bowl to. They will blunt the life out of you.

Do you think they'll be able to average 50 runs for the opening partnership in New Zealand and Australia?

Azhar needs to make W.I pay for that drop and get a big ton here.

Shafiq is padded up, guess he'll be next which is the right move.

Back