Pakistan v West Indies | 2nd ODI | Abu Dhabi | 14/11/08 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be really pissed if the so called Beast doesnt atleast make 20-30 runs today

I think we'll end up with 300. It's just a feeling.

I've been mighty impressed with the Windian bowling.. they are fast, aggressive, and get plenty of out swing. I'm a tad bit jealous, actually.

Foozee said:
I would be really pissed if the so called Beast doesnt atleast make 20-30 runs today
Im sure those topless pics of Shane Watson would take your mind off things

:))) x100 Eas (saw them!)

I hope Malik and Misbah make a century each today, they really need to.

for West Indies' sake :afridi

Easa said:
I think we'll end up with 300. It's just a feeling.

I've been mighty impressed with the Windian bowling.. they are fast, aggressive, and get plenty of out swing. I'm a tad bit jealous, actually.
Likewise

What I'm most jealous about is that they have faith in their young talents like Baker and Kemar who have hardly played any first class cricket

We used to be like that

Anyone remember Maliks first ton in 2002 vs WI at Sharjah? I do and in that match we were in a pretty similar scenario.

PlanetPakistan said:
Salam guys,
Slowish start here.

Younis's wicket was a massive blow
wsalam PlanetP

It certainly was.

I don't think the response should be to bat at a snail's pace either.

In all honesty, we have the firepower to score 100 runs or more of the last 10 overs so I won't be worried unless we lose another wicket in a hurry.

Come on Cheetah Malik :romeo

If we're 150-3, or 150-4 at the 35th over stage, there are no worries :D

Truth be told, if i were coach and we lose early wickets, I'd tell the batsmen to go even more violently after the bowlers, with special treatment for whichever bowler had done most damage.

Choke him by the throat and kill him.

Ghoshtbuster said:
Im sure those topless pics of Shane Watson would take your mind off things

ok, ill make sure to post topless pics of RAW too for ur viewing pleasure

and :))) @ Nikita

He had better be very careful, for someone in the stadium is present who is most averse to effemination.......most averse.

Spin slowing things down a bit - but these two are both good players of spin, and quick runners so there should be no excuse.

can anyone explain me why is Shoaib Akhtar not playing, is he still injure?

This game carries stark similarities to the Kitply game (didnt get 100 before 25th over, ended up with 300+)

Noman said:
can anyone explain me why is Shoaib Akhtar not playing, is he still injure?
Yes he had a claf injury for the last game, which i assume keeps him out again.

Dont worry, Roa the Boa is in.

Ghoshtbuster said:
Yes he had a claf injury for the last game, which i assume keeps him out again.

Dont worry, Roa the Boa is in.
:)))

Looking like a silent change in momentum in the game right now. Crucial crucial moment.

Jamal said:
Looking like a silent change in momentum in the game right now. Crucial crucial moment.

That was a terrible misjudgment on my part.

I have to go now, noooooooooooo :(

thank God :afridi

Afridi will now break all chains and come out firing on all cylinders, touching the ground running, and doing sundry barbaric acts whilst on his way to the pitch.

See you in some time from another locality (Afridi would Inshaallah have blasted his way to a violent fifty by then).

Momo said:
Afridi will now break all chains and come out firing on all cylinders, touching the ground running, and doing sundry barbaric acts whilst on his way to the pitch.
:))) :)))

He will be in nxt. Akmal in now.

*Alam* cough cough

well Afridi this will be your chance, take it.

my mind says he will get less than 10 runs, heart says a smashing 50

Foozee said:
Its all upto Afridi now...
:))) :))) :)))

I love it how regardless of criticism of batting, those very critics make him the focus of our batting innings, quite a bizarre phenomenon. What an effect he has!!

Of course I COMPLETELY agree with it :afridi

I predict Misbah to get out playing the scoop shot into his face and then being caught at long off.

DM said:
:))) :))) :)))

I love it how regardless of criticism of batting, those very critics make him the focus of our batting innings, quite a bizarre phenomenon. What an effect he has!!

Of course I COMPLETELY agree with it :afridi

I'm neutral

Ghoshtbuster said:
I predict Misbah to get out playing the scoop shot into his face and then being caught at long off.
LOL that's not possible by the laws of physics

It's imperative that we bat the entire 50 overs. If we do that we'll get up towards 225 and that's a score we can defend. If these two can go about unworried until the 40th, we can get upwards of 250. Misbah's the key; if he stays in he can do some serious damage later on.

Sheikh said:
It's imperative that we bat the entire 50 overs. If we do that we'll get up towards 225 and that's a score we can defend. If these two can go about unworried until the 40th, we can get upwards of 250. Misbah's the key; if he stays in he can do some serious damage later on.

I still think 280+ is on here. :akmal :misbah :afridi

DM said:
I'm sadly not neutral, mainly out of fear :afridi

well he's goota fire with the bat, coz from the looks of it... his bowling is useless if its a low scoring game with the likes of Gayle, Chanderpaul in line up

39 off 73, Misbah needs to stay till the end otherwise it would have been a sluggish innings.

Hmm, i knew there had to be a run-out, missed that one.

Who is to blame? Malik or Misbah?

Ghoshtbuster said:
39 off 73, Misbah needs to stay till the end otherwise it would have been a sluggish innings.

Cant blame him given the situation though. He knows we have a really long tail today so he has to be careful.

Pak 116/4 - Misbah needs to bat till end here and get a Ton. Akmals in good form thankfully.. after these two were into Sohail Tanvir and the Tail!

The bad thing about Kamran playing a good innings here is that his keeping will be even worse!

Expect 2 or 3 drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back