Pakistan vs Australia | 5th ODI | Abu Dhabi | 3/5/09 | Australia Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

On_the_up

ODI Debutant
Runs
The final ODI, a dead rubber, which should have been the decider if it wasn't for the capitulation by Pakistan in the 3rd ODI. Afridi a doubtful starter should finally give Fawad Alam a game. Australia will be going for a 4th concecutive win. Pakistan wanting a win to get some confidence back.

Got feeling pakistan will keep same X1 and lose again!

I have a feeling this match will be the best out of all the five ODI's with Pakistan winning at the end.

I would really like Afridi or Akmal to come up the order for this match. Lack of aggression up the order is what cost us the matches I believe.

Afridi is in Cricinfo's probables list by the way.

Afridi is playng but doubfull for twenty20

0.1 over Salman Butt out

younis 0 (5) out

49.5 Misbah 20*(101)
hahahah this what i Expect

Dont be surprised if we actually win this !

Would like to see Brett Lee get a run - see if he is as fit as he claims.

Stuart Clarke looks fit enough for England so that has been a positive. Bollinger another positive, if he can fill in for MJ when MJ is being rested (which should be about 70% of ODI matches) that is great for us.

Laughlin has not impressed me at all, don't rate him.

Symonds back to some form which is promising. His future is in ODI cricket though. Watson has been good and suitably annoying. We have lacked the annoying factor since the demise of Hayden/Symonds.

Why risk Lee on a meaningless game? It will be hot and making him do donkey work will be silly - on the other hand, is here to earn airmiles?

MIG said:
Why risk Lee on a meaningless game? It will be hot and making him do donkey work will be silly - on the other hand, is here to earn airmiles?

Becuase otherwise we have decide whether or not to pick him for the Ashes without watching him bowl a decent spell. 4 overs in a T20 does not prove match fitness for Tests.

Lee saying he is fit and bowling faster than ever is worth about as much as Shoaib saying he is fit and ready to play for Pakistan....

Disinterest level in this game is at a record high but really we should be looking for some good performances by the fringe/new guys.

Aus have nothing to prove.

I wish a team performance from Pak ,side
we always won when played like a team.

Only individual performances cost us lose

If Fawad does actually get a game, I hope he scores a biggie as with Mohammad Yousuf potentially back soon, his chances might be limited(aren't they already) in the near future.

Personally speaking, I would give Alam a run instead of Misbah now. Give him 10 matches in a row.

pakistanis will win, australis always lose dead rubbers when they ahve won a series

ARY stating that the game is starting 30 mins earlier than the previous 4 ODIs [11.30am - UK]

Any reason why?

Could it be ARY have got it wrong.....again?

Oxy said:
ARY stating that the game is starting 30 mins earlier than the previous 4 ODIs [11.30am - UK]

Any reason why?

Could it be ARY have got it wrong.....again?

Where did you get this information from???

Shahid A said:
Where did you get this information from???

Thick black news ticker message on ARY Digital right now!

I am watching ARY right now....The exact message reads

"Cricket match between Pak and Aus will start at 11.30am UK"

Da Best said:
They've got it wrong Oxy.

Not like ARY to get such things wrong.

I mean they hold EXCLUSIVE rights to show the series.

Surely they must know....what time their own games will start???????

Oxy said:
I am watching ARY right now....The exact message reads

"Cricket match between Pak and Aus will start at 11.30am UK"

Thats the time of the toss ( their coverage will begin then)

maybe after 4 matches the penny has dropped that their coverage needs to start at 11:30 in order not to miss anything.

NO FAWAD ALAM. UNBELIEVABLE. UN********BELIEVABLE. WHAT HAS HE DONE WRONG that he cant even play a DEAD RUBBER!?

FUMING right now.

I call dibs on Salman Butt 47 runs (175 balls)! :p
If Lee were playing it would be an advantage to both teams.

Aussie Advantage: Lee's speed will break through the wickets.

**** Advantage: If batsmen get the bat on the ball, it will go to the whole other side of the field for a boundary.

I really want Afridi to have a wonderful innings as opener!

ur kidding man, how much longer will he have the passion to continue warming the bench. I reckon he is about to get fed up pretty soon

Fawad should just walk up and walk away. THey're never going to let him play.

Everyone has gotten at least ONE chance this tourney, except Fawad. AND THAT'S WHERE WE ARE LACKING. OUR BATTING.

Our bowling has been fine for the most part but the batting has been abysmal!

There must have been SOMETHING this kid did to deserve this. It's unbelievably unreasonable and unfair.

Australia should have an easy win .. we can't bat under the lights.

It will end 4-1 as I predicted.

Great, AUS bat in this last "Have Mercy on Pakistan" trophy all other aussies are rushing to IPL - yes, money, well take some from dubai shekh

this is better batting wicket now everyone will complain that Butt will hit a century in a meaningless match
but they all are saying what I have been complaining about we had the better bowling attack but we neutralized half of it and made more effective Aus part time and spin bowlers

We are always producing slow turners but that is not our strength thats India strength its our fast and medium pacers that win us matches.

Deano says its the lowest crowd hes ever seen for an ODI!

why has somone deleted my last post????

Please could someone give me a link for the game

our batting is struggling and we keep changing the bowling. ufff!

Akhtar comes close to taking a wkt 1st ball - 1 bounce fore it went to the 3rd Man fielder

No Alam again! Pretty clear that the same games that have always plagued Pakistan cricket are afoot again. Any time a player threatens an established player he is deprived of opportunities. Had Alam got a game here and scored, Misbah and Malik would have been vulnerable, especially since Yoyo might come back. So what better way to gty that does not happen, other than not giving Alam a game

Afridi looking crocked in the warm up - dont they do proper fitness tests??

Sufyan! said:
oxy can u send me the link please?

I'm watching on TV...besides, I'm deleting all your requests for links.

Most people on PP have bought links!

Its a joke watching Shoaib struggling in the first over. Sure, he is bowling ok, but looks like he is not even 80 % fit. Sucks really.

Oxy said:
I'm watching on TV...besides, I'm deleting all your requests for links.

Most people on PP have bought links!

wat channel is it on tv blaad

pacman said:
Its a joke watching Shoaib struggling in the first over. Sure, he is bowling ok, but looks like he is not even 80 % fit. Sucks really.

Surely the joke is the 'fitness test' that he and Afridi had before the game...if they actually had one!

If they just said 'Afridi - are you fit'? - well no player says 'no boss'

Sufyan! said:
wat channel is it on tv blaad

ARY Digital in UK...who knows about the rest? There is a 200 page thread on it somewhere!

Argggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Why no Fawad.Now this seniority thing is getting too far.The poor kid will be going through intense mental stress for not getting a chance.

Oxy said:
ARY Digital in UK...who knows about the rest? There is a 200 page thread on it somewhere!

its not on ary because i have that channel and just switched it on that and theres sme drama on!

Good bouncer from Shoab ... Watson crying already.

Watson giving Akhtar some verbals....commentators laughing about.

Fast forward to when Pak give some verbals - then its a 'disgrace'!

Sufyan! said:
its not on ary because i have that channel and just switched it on that and theres sme drama on!

Its on ARY bro - I am watching it LIVE! Are you on cable or satellite?

Oxy said:
Watson giving Akhtar some verbals....commentators laughing about.

Fast forward to when Pak give some verbals - then its a 'disgrace'!
Shoaib started it so can't blame Twatson for answering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back