Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Play back on, surprising tosee Danish start.But he is getting malicious turn.

Kaneria bowling well but 2 4's in this over.

No ball and four.

Three fours in seven balls after lunch.

I am not exactly saying Pak is losing it, but what upsets me is that Pak lose it after good starts. I am way to lazy to find them, but it happens all the time. Or is it just cricket? Like for exampe in the Pk Aus series, when Pak got that start and Gilly and Langer (?) cleaned them up to a total of 340!

Apparently Bob said something in the news in the morning that this series is just a sideshow for Ashes - thats how the media is treating it

Completely agree with Bob.

Surely they cant go on at this pace - somethign will give very soon - good old Bucknor is good for atleast 2 dodgy decisions at the least !

I'd bowl with Afridi/Kaneria in tandem for a while now.

Xzianghow© said:
I am not exactly saying Pak is losing it, but what upsets me is that Pak lose it after good starts. I am way to lazy to find them, but it happens all the time. Or is it just cricket? Like for exampe in the Pk Aus series, when Pak got that start and Gilly and Langer (?) cleaned them up to a total of 340!

I think this is an over-reaction, one wicket in the next hour and England will be on the ropes again. These 2 are playing very correctly and nicely though.

Umar 'Girl' is starting the new over now, according to Henry Blofeld. Not to forget his description of 'Yousef Mohammed' fielding earlier today.

Silly old man.

Waisay, Razzi struck that crucial blow of KP - Kp was looking in very good touch.

Whippy squash said:
Umar 'Girl' is starting the new over now, according to Henry Blofeld. Not to forget his description of 'Yousef Mohammed' fielding earlier today.

Silly old man.

haha that Yousaf Mohammed was classic! funniest highlight of the day!

I get the feeling cooks gonna score big after farhat dropping him on 0. I hope Im wrong

What a bouncer!

Tight bowling by Umar Gul, but we really need a wicket now.

'really need a wicket now' eh. Its just neck and neck, no more, no less. If it was 160-1 then you would.

Sid100 said:
I get the feeling cooks gonna score big after farhat dropping him on 0. I hope Im wrong

thts what always happns, you drop a catch and the guy gets a sudden burst of energy and scores big! wish i wuz like that.

Dunno why Afridi isn't bowling, I am sure if he is allowed to settle then he will do better than Sami or Gul. That in tandem with the fact that the pitch has lost some of its juice over lunch and wickets are going to be hard work from now on I think, just good news for England.

Whippy squash said:
'really need a wicket now' eh. Its just neck and neck, no more, no less. If it was 160-1 then you would.

BUT the momentum is with England, with a 69+ run 4th wicket partnership going on.

Short, wide, cut away for 4.

First poor delivery from Dani.

id put afridi on for a few overs inplace of gul. hes sometimes has a knack of breakin parnerships...

Sid100 said:
BUT the momentum is with England, with a 69+ run 4th wicket partnership going on.

Always add 2 wickets to the score. Partnerships are usually broken from nowhere, then you have a new batsman in who is vulnerable. So often in test cricket when 1 goes down, 2 go down. If Eng get to 200 with these 2 guys still at the crease, they are on top then.

Whippy squash said:
Oh noes, the tour is over

Merely stating a fact, Whippy bro.

I'm the last one to get pessimistic.

Sid100 said:
so hows Gul actually been bowling after Lunch??

He's been tight but he needs to pitch the ball up - too short imo

Gaffe of a delivery from Gul to end the over

Botham and Gower commentating on this broadcast.

Sid100 said:
so is the pitch doing something?

Not as much as in the morning, Im watching the Sky coverage and listening to TMS commentary (the best of both worlds) and it looks like it will become a batting afternoon.

Lol, Boycs is slating Sami as we speak.

4 runs off the over already...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back