Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very well played through the covers by Colly

So by the looks of it, Sami is still the same, Gul inconsistent, Kaneria still has to make a century before taking a wicket and Afridi as erratic as Gul.

Razzaq is the isolated positivity so far; it looks as if success with the ball will hinge on his experience.

The problem with Sami is that he's not bowling quick enough. When he first burst onto the scene he was 90 mph+, now he's in the mid 80's on average.

Whippy squash said:
Lol, Boycs is slating Sami as we speak.

4 runs off the over already...

Justifiably so.

He says hes a 'lovely lad - a smashing lad - a good looking lad with a lovely head of hair' :)))

ali_ed2006 said:
what is he saying about him ? hopefully he gets a wkt!

That his bowling average is rubbish, that he won't win you tests, that he needs someone like Imran to make him pull his finger out. A pretty fair assessment tbh

alghazzali said:
So by the looks of it, Sami is still the same, Gul inconsistent, Kaneria still has to make a century before taking a wicket and Afridi as erratic as Gul.

Razzaq is the isolated positivity so far; it looks as if success with the ball will hinge on his experience.

Kaneria has actually bowled really well and was denied a wicket in his first over.

Oxy™ said:
Justifiably so.

He says hes a 'lovely lad - a smashing lad - a good looking lad with a lovely head of hair' :)))

He says that all of them are lovely lads, but what I like is that he isn't afraid to slate the cricketing aspect of even the nicest guys.

Good delivery, would have been out but it pitched outside leg

what the hell is Sami doing bowling at 82mph even Gul was quicker then him in his spell after lunch.

just what is wrong with sami?

he can't even bowl one good over...he comes and bowl that "hit me ball" every over..

taking wicket is one thing but giving away 5-6 runs every over is just too much when you r the strike bolwer..

Bit of a joke at the moment...gonna be very hard to pick up wickets. Imran Farhat SHOULD be crying right now.

Nauman said:
what the hell is Sami doing bowling at 82mph even Gul was quicker then him in his spell after lunch.

Id assume it has something to do with the knee injury that he sustained not so long ago. He probably doesn't want to overdo it.

The way Sami is bowling, it almost seems as though he doesn't want a wicket!

gul...heck razzaq seems quicker than sami....dont know when the luck will favor him...he never seems like taking a wicket....grrrrrrrrr

they are scoring runs at almost 4.5 runs per over...and if they batted another 25 overs, just add another runs to their total and we will be fighting back from there then...

Raz said:
Id assume it has something to do with the knee injury that he sustained not so long ago. He probably doesn't want to overdo it.
So why is he playing if he isnt 100 percent fit might aswell play that tundler called Niazi as he cant do worse then Sami to be honest.

whyhkk said:
someone needs to get out or start hitting
this is getting boring
With Sami into the attack you dont have to worry about start hitting part.

Unless Sami gets a quick 5-fer even ive lost all faith in him forever

Good shot by Collingwood, been a very useful and sensible innings. Now its important he doesn't go mental like he did in Lahore, and brings up his hundred because its there for the taking.

Easatheman said:
Kaneria has actually bowled really well and was denied a wicket in his first over.

It doesn't make any difference, he'll still end up making a century or a half-century before taking a wicket, it's just the way it is, he might be unlucky , but we've said that about Sami for the last couple of years.

Whippy squash said:
Good shot by Collingwood, been a very useful and sensible innings. Now its important he doesn't go mental like he did in Lahore, and brings up his hundred because its there for the taking.

Mr 3-0 and 4-0 being a pain in the ar$e again

Well there's your wish...half of it...a four. Fifty for Colling, and 50 for my f-team.

ANd Nauman has a very good point. It would have been interesting to see Niazi, the left armer actually. Although, I am sure Inzi has told Sami to bowl slow because he doens't want another injury.

TaZ said:
Mr 3-0 and 4-0 being a pain in the ar$e again

It would be class if we did win 4-0 and Collingwood was man of the series, he would be the most hated player in the history of PakPassion :)

Whippy squash said:
It would be class if we did win 4-0 and Collingwood was man of the series, he would be the most hated player in the history of PakPassion :)

Keep on dreaming :28:

Whippy squash said:

He already is

only 3 maidens which shows the bowlers have been realy inconsistent

Xzianghow© said:
Gonna go listen to some music...

This is getting very tiresome...

:20: gritting your teeth through partnerships are part of being a fan of your test team, if you cant accept that you won't be taking a wicket every 10 overs against a good team then you might as well give up already.

How is it possible for Pakistan to make the worst of batsmen the best I.E Collingwood and Broad...And the best of batsmen, pretty bad I.E. KP, Tresco, and Strauss...

WHERE'S AFRIDI...

Xzianghow© said:
How is it possible for Pakistan to make the worst of batsmen the best I.E Collingwood and Broad...And the best of batsmen, pretty bad I.E. KP, Tresco, and Strauss...

WHERE'S AFRIDI...

Collingwood is a good player

32.1 Sami to Collingwood, FOUR!!, short of length

42.2 Sami to Collingwood, FOUR!!, short of length

Sami need to use his grey matter, if he has got any

Whippy squash said:
:20: gritting your teeth through partnerships are part of being a fan of your test team, if you cant accept that you won't be taking a wicket every 10 overs against a good team then you might as well give up already.

Man, you ARE really passionate...

100 partnership up amidst all that - sack Inzy

I am starting to get the feeling that Razzaq is injured. The guy has got 2 wickets in 8 overs, surely he hasn't done anyting wrong...

Whippy squash said:

haha lol! it's first day, i think? or maybe it isnt?

Whippy squash said:
100 partnership up amidst all that - sack Inzy

nah i gota better one

cancel the aus tour, were smashing the paks left right centre, we will get number 2 muhahahahaha

First day of a 4 test series and people are giving up already. Before I wasn't sure if Oxy and Hash were exaggerating about the hysteria among supporters if Pak aren't on top all the time thru ODI and test series, but today has opened my eyes.

Pretty funny though mind you, especially since England are currently 1 or 2 wickets away from being on the ropes again.

Kaneria beats bat in a frightening fashion but its given not out.

Nauman said:
This is getting boring now come on we need a wicket.

Surely you cannot be saying that dear old Nauman bhai. Or maybe ur jst being sarcastic. Or maybe, you wanna be like everyone else for a change.

Whippy squash said:
First day of a 4 test series and people are giving up already. Before I wasn't sure if Oxy and Hash were exaggerating about the hysteria among supporters if Pak aren't on top all the time thru ODI and test series, but today has opened my eyes.

Pretty funny though mind you, especially since England are currently 1 or 2 wickets away from being on the ropes again.

Thing is we fans, expect too much from our players, always.

anyway guys, where are the pak commies?

Dissappointing officiating. Wrong descision again, sometimes for the better or not but this has to stop. There was clearly an edge. Kanny deserves his wicket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back