WHAT U SAY
HURRAY
HURRAY
HURRAY
HURRAY

In summary

Danish couldn't catch a beach ball

Sami should concentrate on batting and become a batsmen

Farhat is going to get his food taken away from Inzi for trying to get his slip catch

Razzaq is highly underrated

Cook is being dropped on purpose to make food for Inzi

All in all a fun first day :D

Razzak has caught the disease
52.2 Razzaq to Cook, FOUR!!, short outside off
50.1 Razzaq to Cook, FOUR!!, short delivery
48.2 Razzaq to Cook, FOUR!!, short pitched delivery

How are your Fantasy Cricket teams doing......Long Live Razzak up until now....but I will look for kicking him if he doesnt take a wicket soon....preferably Colly

sp10006 said:
Something tells me that the only hope for a result in this test looks like the inherent "Sudden Collapsability" of both the teams involved. What do you say?

No not at all, Lords pitches are usually good for batting but also sporting, and good bowling brings wickets there. There are probably 20 wkts in this pitch for a side that can field, if Pakistan players had washed the butter off their hands this morning then Eng would be 5 or 6 down already, at least.

Well didnt the English side drop a huge amount of catches recently ? Dont worry we will be back in this game - this isnt over yet!

Pretty mechanical ATM, Inzzy back to defensive outset & Cook/Colly motoring along smoothly and picking on every lose delivery bowled.

Another one by Colly, pulled down leg off Razzaq.... followed by an action reply

4+4

3/230

umarbeast said:
Whippy who do you think will get a century first?

A. Cook
B. Mr.3-0
C. Kaneria
D. Sami

Hopefully kaneria. With the prerequisites out of the way, he may start taking some wickets...

That's my first wrong call of the morning then.. I gave that one out live.

Oxy™ said:
Lets make it a 5 hour test match instead of 5 days then shall we?
Get it right Oxy,
I said Pakistan can win,but this is rubbish cricket.
You dont mind if you play good cricket and opposition plays better.
But if you play poor, you have to accept it was poor cricket

umarbeast said:
Whippy who do you think will get a century first?

A. Cook
B. Mr.3-0
C. Kaneria
D. Sami

Kaneria ...with the bat...oh yes he can be very dangerous

This is amazing. That's two chances not given. And surprisingly, the commentators think of everyway to comply with England. ARGH this makes me sooooooo mad!

Xzianghow© said:
This is amazing. That's two chances not given. And surprisingly, the commentators think of everyway to comply with England. ARGH this makes me sooooooo mad!

Kp was given out when he shouldnt, and Pak also have themsleves to blame for dropping catches. if the word racism is hinted at one more time today, there will be deaths.

Disclaimer: not racially motivated deaths

next wicket will fall at 248 - a miscued shot from Collingwood...

some sharp spin for Kaneria, marginally away from Cook's offy

This is interesting...

Sharp spin, that was a good delivery, but again, nothing happening

Last edited by a moderator:
150 partnership up, Cook has rode his luck but you cannot fault Collingwood at all. It's been a terrific effort at a vital juncture in the game.

great to see england playing good, aggressive cricket! big plus sign .

colly is definately their no 5 for the ashes. great player. gutsy and technically sound. a better version of mohammad kaif i feel with the bat

wsc said:
does this mean sri lanka are a better test team than pak?

Let the series progress Brov, we merely had 2 sessions of play and people are already dictating the outcome of the series.

Pakistan made impression in the 1st session of the day w/o their primer bowlers. However, in 2nd they let themselves down by not grabbing the chances coming through. Partly, Bucknor's inablity to pick the snick also helped Cook & England's cause.

Looking at the line-up it seems that Pakistan is playing for draw. Only 2 pacers along with DK and the beast, we can not get Eng out twice. Faisal Iqbal in the lineup suggests that we are going for a high scoring draw.

TEa and a great session for England. Congrats Whippy. Great shots by collingwood. enjoyed all of em

Great session for England....Colly and Cook doing a great job. Pak had their chances but couldnt quite hang on to those catches...

3/242 -TEA

It was all England in the pre-Tea session, who crucially didn't let another wicket slip and pay back Pakistan for dropping the sitters in offing....

A wicket is immediately needed after Tea, else England would the day somewhere in the spectrum of 350-375 for not much loss...

Crossing fingers for a fightback by Pakistan in the final session...

MIG said:
next wicket will fall at 248 - a miscued shot from Collingwood...

according to my calcs - a wicket in the next 6 runs or so... InshaALLAH !

And tea it is...

Maybe we can make an impression after tea...

Btw, how long is tea? 15 mins right?

Well, before getting too critical, let's keep in mind that this Pak team is missing 5 of it's first string players - practically half the team.

And still, a couple of quick wickets and England will have lost all advantage. When you win the toss and bat, 400 is a par score these days on a decent wicket. England are still quite a way off from there.

The current bowlers are starting to dry up the runs also, with the run rate coming down to 4.10 (still very healthy).

inzidabest said:
Get it right Oxy,
I said Pakistan can win,but this is rubbish cricket.
You dont mind if you play good cricket and opposition plays better.
But if you play poor, you have to accept it was poor cricket

No - YOU get it right!

You are saying even if Pak win, you will be disappointed!!! Thats idiotic thinking.

A win is a win...however we played for a couple of hours on Day 1!!!

Blistering Barnacle said:
Well, before getting too critical, let's keep in mind that this Pak team is missing 5 of it's first string players - practically half the team.

And still, a couple of quick wickets and England will have lost all advantage. When you win the toss and bat, 400 is a par score these days on a decent wicket. England are still quite a way off from there.

The current bowlers are starting to dry up the runs also, with the run rate coming down to 4.10 (still very healthy).

I bet this wont be counted as an injuries excuse, it will be counted as 'stating facts', simply because an England fan has not said it! We were missing Vaughan, S Jones, Cook, Harmy, Giles and Tresco in Bombay and still dominated the game against a full strength India team, its no excuse!

yes missing star players(if u think they are) not an excuse u should be playing your good next players but the way pakistan enter this match its look like preplanned draw

Btw what also struck me was the hypocricy of the english, ok maybe atherton hasnt moaned about injuries before? i dont know. But he said, inzi should not look to injuries as an excuse, u have players on the pitch 11 and u have got to stick with them, it was like inzi had said sumat, cant imagine him ever to be honest anyway. An during that i was thinking of the countless names that have kept bringing up the injury excuse and that really did make me fall of my chair

just logged-in. Wow I had predicted that forst day if Eng bats, it would be 300plus with max 5 or 6 wickets down. Was Pak's fielding tooo bad?? anyone please?

HAFRIDI said:
Btw what also struck me was the hypocricy of the english, ok maybe atherton hasnt moaned about injuries before? i dont know. But he said, inzi should not look to injuries as an excuse, u have players on the pitch 11 and u have got to stick with them, it was like inzi had said sumat, cant imagine him ever to be honest anyway. An during that i was thinking of the countless names that have kept bringing up the injury excuse and that really did make me fall of my chair

Fair enuf, if someone who has complaned about injuries before is telling someone else off for using that excuse, it is pathetic and hypocritical. But I know I have never used that excuse, the sensible sections of the England support do not use that excuse. It is 11 v 11 and if you play well, you have every chance of winning.

Gul to starts the proceedings. As per Holding: the pitch still entails some fruits for seam bowlers, provided they stick their radar in right channel

Play back on...

I seriously can't wait for someone to hit a 6 or a quic 4 and 2.

Inzi should operate with Afridi and Razzaq to start with and then bring on Gul and Danish.

Not having a 3rd slip cost the Dear yet again. Cook edged one down their only to see it going pass ropes for an early four

3/247

Nauman said:
Inzi should operate with Afridi and Razzaq to start with and then bring on Gul and Danish.

Just stop the flow of runs for today - I would be very happy with that.

it looks like we r diverting to support english team and rightly so who play better cricket should be supported

England 247/3 (59.2 over. Man when is the wiket gonna fall it feels like it has been days since the third wicket fell.:))

If the full 90 over quota is bowled tday, if Pak can't create some pressure and reduce the RR it will be 360-odd for a few wickets at the close. No team can really win a game from that position unless summat really special happens, you can draw it at best.

wayward start after Tea. Gul completes his 15th over of the day, his figures reads:

1/64

Kaneria to cont. from the other end

Nauman said:

Maybe he just checked Pakpassion but read your post backwards :p

Whippy squash said:
Fair enuf, if someone who has complaned about injuries before is telling someone else off for using that excuse, it is pathetic and hypocritical. But I know I have never used that excuse, the sensible sections of the England support do not use that excuse. It is 11 v 11 and if you play well, you have every chance of winning.

yup

me gettin back to the action. the best thing out of today has been Cook :91: i picked him ahead of even Moyo in fantasy thing and dam its paying off

England run rate at an all time low of 4.07...Cmon Paks dont give up , get it down to 4.0699999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back