Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whippy squash said:
Dun dun dunnnn. So far the contest is living up to expectations, its a bit like one of the Ashes mornings so far, where all there is between the 2 teams is another wicket or another 50 partnership.

Time for Colly to make some runs I think. He hasnt contributed many important runs since the India century, and has done well against these bowlers in the past.

I am not happy with the KP decision but he has been lucky in the past with lbws, it evens itself out. Potentially big wicket though!

Please no mention of Ashes. We don't care if we are like the Ashes or if the Ashes is 4 months away, or that the Ashes trophy looks much prettier.

Amir said:
Don't you have some hole in the ground where you should be?

Not really....shouldn't ur face be up some other hole that u normally frequent?

Amir said:
Please no mention of Ashes. We don't care if we are like the Ashes or if the Ashes is 4 months away, or that the Ashes trophy looks much prettier.
or if the Ashes trophy looks much uglier, or if it looks smaller now.

Naved said:
Not really....shouldn't ur face be up some other hole that u normally frequent?

No, you are mistaking me for you. That is you up Irfan Pathan's.

Naved, out of curiousity, are you a Pakistani?

Amir said:

So even when I am complimenting your team by saying that your team is giving England an exciting and comeptitive session of cricket, no mention of Ashes? Get over yourself please.

Whippy squash said:
So even when I am complimenting your team by saying that your team is giving England an exciting and comeptitive session of cricket, no mention of Ashes? Get over yourself please.

I was merely joking.

martin crowes speech is on. we might be able to hear exactly what he says bbc says.

And then they are asking for opinions during tea.

well i am going to bed class tomorrow.

Whippy. This is a CIVILIZED thread about the first test match between Pakistan and England. Now while you may brag about what you did a year ago, we don't. We brag about what we've done recently :)

Dare I mention what we did to you last winter?

Amir said:
I was merely joking.

Good stuff

Tbh Bell should probably be batting ahead of Collingwood. Either way, the next few batsmen in will just push singles all day and thats what we need at the moment I'm afraid.

zMario said:
Whippy. This is a CIVILIZED thread about the first test match between Pakistan and England. Now while you may brag about what you did a year ago, we don't. We brag about what we've done recently :)

You've got the wrong end of the stick over this situation, and its been sorted anyway.

Naved said:
I am indeed, and you?

Sorry, I mistakened you for being something else. I don't think ever seen you cheer for Pakistan so you must understand why I had some apphrensions.

HOWZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

You know, these umpires have to be racist now!

Whippy squash said:
Good stuff

Tbh Bell should probably be batting ahead of Collingwood. Either way, the next few batsmen in will just push singles all day and thats what we need at the moment I'm afraid.

I rate Bell as a good player, because he proved everyone wrong in the sub con. I feel the English managemnt does not rate him highly.

Naved said:
I am indeed, and you?

so why do you refuse to be happy for Pakistan, and Pakistani cricketers? seems like youre unhappy even when we're taking wickets. kind of sad really, but then everything that comes out of your mouth seems to be that way.

So Naved - your views on the match so far ?

zMario said:

shut up mate, he didnt brag about the ashes at all

Ok guys no more fighting, the only type of bashing allowed in this thread is Sami bashing. Anything else I will delete it :D :p

to hell with the ashes. all english talk about is the ashes especially after winning the last one by the skin of there teeth. it's as if only aus exsists and rest is no competition. For that reason the poms deserve hammering by every team including Aus.

Bucknor is about to go into super sulk mode if appeal too much - yah bhee problem hai barray mian kay saath!

Score:

108/3

Amir said:
Sorry, I mistakened you for being something else. I don't think ever seen you cheer for Pakistan so you must understand why I had some apphrensions.

Oh how witty....

Your apprehensions are the result of your inability to look at the bigger picture

Nauman said:
Ok guys no more fighting, the only type of bashing allowed in this thread is Sami bashing. Anything else I will delete it :D :p

got it... sami is bowling like humpty dumpty.

Naved said:
Oh how witty....

Your apprehensions are the result of your inability to look at the bigger picture

That bigger picture being....that you were some former player dropped and treated unfairly by PCB, tehrefore you refuse to cheer for any team organized by them?

My inability to looking at the bigger picture lies in that THERE IS NO BIG PICTURE. You are just trying to sound smart.

Naved said:
Oh how witty....

so bashing Gul and Inzi after 10 overs of a 5 day match is your idea of looking at the BIGGER picture? Wah bhai Wah!

Salaam Everyone!

Just woke up to first days play 108-3

Razzaq getting peitersen :27: :14:

Oh dear - seems like I've upset a few people on here.....if I remember correctly, I'm not the one who's insulting Sami on this thread...

I only criticise the team, because I want the best for Pak cricket - and currently, we have too much cr4p in our team for my liking...

Yaar guys - cmon - first day of the series and so much bakwas - pls dont insult each other - every one can have their views - like it or lump it.

Amir said:
That bigger picture being....that you were some former player dropped and treated unfairly by PCB, tehrefore you refuse to cheer for any team organized by them?

My inability to looking at the bigger picture lies in that THERE IS NO BIG PICTURE. You are just trying to sound smart.

you know I have a theory about that one. Naved's views are strikingly similar to one left handed opener we had who just happened to disgrace himself in India in a world cup match. hmmm.....

Naved said:
Oh dear - seems like I've upset a few people on here.....if I remember correctly, I'm not the one who's insulting Sami on this thread...

I only criticise the team, because I want the best for Pak cricket - and currently, we have too much cr4p in our team for my liking...

And we have some crap fans...

It was lbw, but KP arguably wasnt lbw, it evens out

As predicted, the TMS squad are already writing England off as I speak, despite the fact they are playing on quite a bowler friendly pitch and we have to see both teams bat before we can judge. You should be talking about this test match, not saying 'if England lose their top order again and Shoaib Akhtar is brought on, wellll.....", followed by a nervous silence, in that annoying Aggers fashion.

Naved said:
Gotto agree with you there.

Kaneria getting lots of turn....
Im getting a feeling he'll run thru the Eng batting ... Inshallah

i'd settle for 3 wickets before Lunch after loosing the toss. i dont know what naved thinks

I think if Kaneria bowls 3 balls outside off stump (leggies), then 1 ball outside off stump as googly/wrong un, he'll pick up a wicket frequently :)

MIG said:
Yaar guys - cmon - first day of the series and so much bakwas - pls dont insult each other - every one can have their views - like it or lump it.

Yeah I can understand, but when you only appear when Pakistan are not doing well...than you have to expect some stick. Its like when a Indian only posts when India do well and we all give them stick.

Nothing wrong with ridiculing the ridiculious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back