Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh just to let you know, from our friendly series sponsor ARY:

ARY is now available on Bell Express View for all you Canadians.

do you think razzaqs extra pace is causing problems for england?? because hes bowling more in the mid 80s

zMario said:
When their neighbor who is Pakistani is in Pakistan for vacation

They were to young. No teenager talks to their neighbour.

Hawkeye is only a predictor as Aggers was saying on Radio 5 last night,

as he was saying last night when he looks at hawkeye sometimes is miles out compared to naked eye

Sid100 said:
do you think razzaqs extra pace is causing problems for england?? because hes bowling more in the mid 80s

These type of pitches suit razzaq. the pitch and air do wonders for him here. the ball cuts and swings alot more.

PlanetPakistan said:
iffy decision but good bowling!

it was the right decision because if u dont offer a shot to a ball pitching on off stump and it hits your pads then your out!

I am just tempted to give AFridi a bowl, if he were to bowl some pace with the overcast conditions. Wouldn't hurt.

Imran_The Man! said:
Fortunate wicket for Pakistan , poor decsion by the umpire, still every wicket counts.

on what basis i am not watching but boycott seems to agree.

Amir said:
I am just tempted to give AFridi a bowl, if he were to bowl some pace with the overcast conditions. Wouldn't hurt.
If Afridi bowls at all, he'll bowl leg spin

Sami ensuring that England is in with a chance .....

but to be fear, he did have a couple of close calls this morning

I had high faith in Sami to perform well, but yea, he is throwing pies.

There goes my f-team.

inzi often brings on afridi before kaneria, will he do that again?

zMario said:
If Afridi bowls at all, he'll bowl leg spin

Yeah I know, but if I were captain....we need to throw a couple curveballs here and there with so many injuries.

Abdul Razzaq to Pietersen, OUT, the ball came back up the hill and would have just shaved off stump. Pietersen shouldered arms, while Razzaq tucked into some high-fives. Razzaq who had been probing around the off-stump for a while.

Don't that ball was going to hit the stumps.

Amir said:
Yeah I know, but if I were captain....we need to throw a couple curveballs here and there with so many injuries.
This is not baseball, the most un civilized sport ever.

This is cricket, where we shake hands by bowling bouncers, and do what we do.

Well aggers, said he thinks it probably would have went high but the line was good and pietersen didnt offer the shot. So the benefit of doubt goes to batsmen because of no offer.

For those wondering about Razzaq, is average speed is 83.2

Guys, Pietersen was leaving the ball. Umpires are very hesitant in giving such not outs.

Afridi might be effective here.

He takes crucial wickets.

sharuk said:
Abdul Razzaq fastest delivery 88.6 mph What the hell???

Yeah almost got Strauss out but felt short of gully.

When Danish talked about problems he can cause, did he mention which side?

Collingwood falls over so much. Razzaq needs to keep bowling off cutters and eventually he will get him.

HOWZAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Bloody umpire.

Bowling fast takes effort, we all know Razzaq is capable but unfortunately too often he's taken the easier option and not pushed himself hard enough.

I am at work and following on cricinfo. Can see its 97/3.
Can someone give a quick update how the Pak bowlers are bowling. I know we have 3 wickets but how well they bowling?

Muhammad said:
Bowling fast takes effort, we all know Razzaq is capable but unfortunately too often he's taken the easier option and not pushed himself hard enough.
Look what pace has done to Sami. He sucks now.

Fessal said:
I am at work and following on cricinfo. Can see its 97/3.
Can someone give a quick update how the Pak bowlers are bowling. I know we have 3 wickets but how well they bowling?

Sami is crap as usual. Razzaq is bowling really well.

sharuk said:
Abdul Razzaq fastest delivery 88.6 mph What the hell???

Well about time too! THis fool has got a lot of ability, but only shows it once in a blue moon...

lol Sami's fastest ball is fast as Razzaqs fastest!

Inzi better keep attacking. dont let this slip away with these second class batsmen collingwood scoring a century like the last series.

sami is bowling like his usual self ...

Razzaq is putting quite a show on the other hand, just had a apeal against Cook

commmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme onnnnnnnn go Pakistan and come on razzaq> get him
the score now 102/3

Naved said:
Well about time too! THis fool has got a lot of ability, but only shows it once in a blue moon...

Don't you have some hole in the ground where you should be?

if sami is taking the pressure of one end then hope they take him off. We can't afford to gift anymore free runs (if thats what hes doing).

Dun dun dunnnn. So far the contest is living up to expectations, its a bit like one of the Ashes mornings so far, where all there is between the 2 teams is another wicket or another 50 partnership.

Time for Colly to make some runs I think. He hasnt contributed many important runs since the India century, and has done well against these bowlers in the past.

I am not happy with the KP decision but he has been lucky in the past with lbws, it evens itself out. Potentially big wicket though!

Sami is not bowling FAST even, an average of 86 mph.

alghazzali said:
Bet Sami bags a wicket on this over, or gifts a boundary.
I would put my money on the later option, saying that he just bowled a no ball followed by a wide delivery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back