Pakistan vs England ~ First Test ~ Lords ~ Day One [Update Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was a geat ball, and it was straight to Inzi. He made the mistke of going for it, and then the mistake of dropping it. I really don't understand AT ALL what he was trying to do.
Be a hero? well he certainly went he other way!

never mind another one is just around the corner third time lucky maybe :)

Farhat should be on off side, around the point area ... i guess

and Faisal should be in the slips

Inzi's been doing the job for some time ... yet he hasn't figured out seeing the obvious yet

Damn! Could be costly. Should have been Inzi's catch.

Never mind! Stick at it Pakistan, pouch the the next one !

the_game said:
Even against India, he was horrible in the slips. We are missing Younis there I guess.

He dropped Sehwag at Faisalabad, apart from that I can't recall any other blips.

SkySports saying that Strauss edged it into his pads? Only detectable with the 'super-slow mo' cam

It's not Ramiz talking about it, its the other commentator. Ramiz is trying to finish the talk

is this Inzi's fault also? the dropped catch. there must be something he did wrong. Oh can't I blame Inzi for this...its usually so easy? I know, if only he was fitter he could have pushed Farhat away with one hand and caught the ball with the other. What a dumbass!

Razzaq bowling beautifully. Where the hell is GM?

Raz said:
He dropped Sehwag at Faisalabad, apart from that I can't recall any other blips.

Dropped him twice. He is best at point, I don't know why he isn't there.

Pak have to take advantage of these conditions - they will only last for another 30 mins or so. Razzak most likely to strike.

Shayan said:
a leg cutter does NOT go away from a lefty, it comes in.

Yeah I know, a leg cutter to a righty comes into a lefty, but what I said was it was a leg cutter(to the lefty, meaning i twas movign away from lefty)

That was good ball, and the great thing is, is that this a batting pitch. You really can't drop catches here, because u dont know when the wickets will come. Two dropped already...

What a gorgeous drive from Pieterson, what a shot!!

the_game said:
Dropped him twice. He is best at point, I don't know why he isn't there.

Iqbal who dropped a sitter at Karachi is there for some odd reason. However, Farhat is one of our better slip fielders, without Younis.

I love how you guys are ahead of me so I know what is coming next!

Amir said:
Iqbal who dropped a sitter at Karachi is there for some odd reason. However, Farhat is one of our better slip fielders, without Younis.
Better or not better it was Inzi's catch and Farhat had no business showing off by diving in front of Inzi.

That was a super shot from Pietersen waisay.

In short, a bone headed play by Imran. He is a show off alright while batting, but while fielding he is usually quite good. Inzi will have a few words with him. Cook is a very useful bat for Eng and this is gonna hurt. :|

Nauman said:
Better or not better it was Inzi's catch and Farhat had no business showing off by diving in front of Inzi.

Oh no I agree there, it was Inzi catch. I was responding to someoen asking why Farhat was in the slips teh first place.

Oxy™ said:
Boycott suggesting '4 day test matches'.

i remember him saying that before, he wants teams to get through their overs quicker.

pieterson has such good wrist movement just like asian batsmen do

CricVet said:
In short, a bone headed play by Imran. He is a show off alright while batting, but while fielding he is usually quite good. Inzi will have a few words with him. Cook is a very useful bat for Eng and this is gonna hurt. :|

Not just Cook, but it creates pressure. The next guy comes in at 61 for 3 with three quick wickets falling in the space of 1 run. Now if a batsmen comne in say aroudn 100 for 3, they will be much more relaxed(still not fully relaxed, but better than 61 for 3!)

Sami guilty of misfield, why does Pakistan keep giving chances to this crappy player.

I expect our fielding to improve over the series.

Oxy™ said:
Pak have to take advantage of these conditions - they will only last for another 30 mins or so. Razzak most likely to strike.

Thats right , if the sun comes out for a bit. it will kill this pitch for the bowlers pretty quickly.

69-2

crap another 4, must bog Cook down at one end that will put pressure on Pieterson.

overcast condition when england bat, sunny when we bat :p

run rate too high but wickets count - cmon Pak - lagaday zor yaar !

Beautifully flicked to square leg for 4 by Pieterson.

KP batting extremely well, and the bowling by Razzaq isn't helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back