Pakistan vs South Africa | 2007 Series | 1st Test | Karachi | 01/10/07 | Day 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetPakistan

Senior ODI Player
Runs
SA currently at 295/3!

General plan for the morning session.

Open with Gul and Asif. Have Gul bowl 4 overs and then bring Kaneria on and bowl him till lunch, bowl Asif for 6 overs and then bring A Rehman/ M Hafeez on. Bring Gul back for a 25-30 min spell before lunch.

This first session is critical where SAF can bat Pakistan out of the match while Pakistan can take a couple wickets to claw back into the game.

if we don't get early wickets .. chance for a pak win is all but gone .. saffies gonna be declaring after tea with 500+ runs up for our INEXPERIENCED batting to chase.

no moyo or inzi .. things could get real ugly in this test.

Fantastic coverage by cricindia

play starts in 1 minute and still nothing

the true passionist said:
There's so much time in this match yet, a tame draw will take a really good batting displays from both teams.

Karachi has always been a grave yard for the bowlers

CricketBuff said:
Karachi has always been a grave yard for the bowlers
if memory serves me correct then PAK have won all of their previous 4 test matches at Karachi

kashif77 said:
if we don't get early wickets .. chance for a pak win is all but gone .. saffies gonna be declaring after tea with 500+ runs up for our INEXPERIENCED batting to chase.

no moyo or inzi .. things could get real ugly in this test.

Saffy will bat whole day if possible. Howevver, after tea they will goes after runs. If they could post 650+ and spare 3 days to get 20 Pakistanis wickets, I am sure they will be upbeat to win.

If Pakistanis are smart they should keep their fielding standards high (though presence of likes of Kaneria and Butt may not let it happen easily); they could restrict saffy in runs and this way could utilize more time, which could help them draw.

Let see how wicket behave, if they could get wickets and could restrict SA under 450, then they could fight it out.

PlanetPakistan said:
if memory serves me correct then PAK have won all of their previous 4 test matches at Karachi

They had a proud unbeated record at Karachi till they lost to England under Moin's captaincy.

crap zee is covering the india match and sopcast is being retarded :(

300/3

We can still stop them from posting a big total. They only have 4 batsmen left, so one or two wickets can hurt them.

nice detailed commentary from cricinfo today :

90.6 Umar Gul to Kallis, no run
90.5 Umar Gul to Kallis, no run
90.4 Umar Gul to Prince, 1 run
90.3 Umar Gul to Prince, no run
90.2 Umar Gul to Prince, no run
90.1 Umar Gul to Prince, no run

They will bat as long as possible...no point trying to bowl anyone out on this piece of rubbish pitch ....boring .

Last edited:
Pakistan is facing a huge uphill battle without Inzi and Yousaf we don't have any other player than Younis who has the ability to bat for long periods. PCB has once again shot itself on the foot by preparing such a dull pitch atleast give the bowlers some bounce to work with afterall Kaneria is most dangerous when he gets bounce out of the wicket.

Umar bowling a good second over in the high 130s along with a couple yorkers. The best way is to starve them for runs.

saffer said:
They will bat as along as possible...no point trying to bowl anyone out on this piece of rubbish pitch ....boring .

oh yeah ... so u guys are too chicken to take on this inexperienced pak batting line up ?

Dhoni stumped Clarke on Pathan bowlings :) what does it tell about Indian fast bowling guns.

saffer said:
They will bat as long as possible...no point trying to bowl anyone out on this piece of rubbish pitch ....boring .

Well, good pitch or bad pitch, Pakistan's batting isn't exactly very stable...

hellopak said:
Dhoni stumped Clarke on Pathan bowlings :) what does it tell about Indian fast bowling guns.
:))

Anyway, absolutely disgraceful pitch this. Unbelievable.

Its pathetic when even with the new ball the bowler's only wicket taking option is yorkers.

oh yeah ... so u guys are too chicken to take on this inexperienced pak batting line up ?

You speak as if I have some say in the matter .

After being dropped for 20/20 , Kallis has something to prove it seems .

hellopak said:

That dhoni is no Akmal? And Pathan is no sreesanth or Zaheer or RP?

Also Pathan's bowling faster then Asif did all they yesterday

Anyway, absolutely disgraceful pitch this. Unbelievable.

Yup .

But would you share this sentiment if Pakistan batted first ? I doubt it . You'd all be gllefully talking about how it's going to crumble and how South Africa will be bowled out against the spin . Silly and negative to put your whole chances on winning a test series on the hopes of winning the toss and batting first .

inzidabest said:
atleast thats a wicket
Ya thats a wicket but for ODI, not for test. We have seen what type of wicket India prepare for test matches. India is the only country where fielders weared helmets at the boundaries.

rehman doesn't belong in pakistani team...do we not have any talent in pakistan...i'm tired of watching garbage

Lets have trivia question:

Name a country where spinners bowl with long run up? hint kapil dev, Irfan pathan

hellopak said:
Ya thats a wicket but for ODI, not for test. We have seen what type of wicket India prepare for test matches. India is the only country where fielders weared helmets at the boundaries.

Thats to protect them from the crowd throwing things at them.

Islamabadi said:
rehman doesn't belong in pakistani team...do we not have any talent in pakistan...i'm tired of watching garbage

i regard your post as garbage.

The guy is playing his first test. He has done a good job in the ODIs. Give him a break.

hellopak said:

Last few test matches have been genuine wickets. BCCI has clealry made an effort. And check the scores, they crossed 400 rarely. And a spinning wicket is better than dust bowls as they produce results.

MIG said:
Thats to protect them from the crowd throwing things at them.
Yes in Banglore when Imran defeated India in a home series; he asked Pakistani fielders to wear helmets on the boundries but they stayed and defeated India.

At the end it was empty stadium.

Hellopak - just so that you know that you have been warned - stick to this cricket match as pointed out by PlanetPakistan . any more smart comments and you can spend your time away from PP. Clear ?

indiafan said:
Pathan bowls faster than Asif, he was contantly hitting 135. Kapil was a medium pacer. RP, Sree are faster than average. Ur talking a=out of ur backside as usual.

Agree at Indian standard hitting 135 should be considered as lightening fast. At least I am sure he will get alot of compliment from indian batsmen in the net for his lightening fast 135k

Come on Kaneria. Only you can do something on this garbage wicket.

MIG said:
Hellopak - just so that you know that you have been warned - stick to this cricket match as pointed out by PlanetPakistan . any more smart comments and you can spend your time away from PP. Clear ?
Sure you enjoy your game. I could spend my time away from here.

PlanetPakistan said:
bhai please let us discuss this match.

Pakistan need a wicket soon to get into the tail. If they cross 400 with only about 4 down, Pak would be in trouble

Back to the game in hand...pls - score updates?

indiafan said:
Pakistan need a wicket soon to get into the tail. If they cross 400 with only about 4 down, Pak would be in trouble

Pakistan are already in trouble.

One ball which beats the bat Mr Akmal cant even gather that

Kaneria needs to develop a Flipper. It'll do him more good than a googly.

LightSpeedGT said:
Kaneria needs to develop a Flipper. It'll do him more good than a googly.
too tight an action for a flipper...it will end up as a wayward short ball

Why are our fielders dropping everything? I just watched Akmal fluff a take from Kanaria and then Iqbal dropped a ball that came of from Kallis's pads.....

I even recall Afridi in an interview saying that he no longer bowls the faster ball as Akmal cant collect it...

Do we need another keeper in the wings?

If there is any chance to get a batsman out,that has to be Prince I dont think Kallis will give any chances now

And if he will we will drop him

Re-Verse said:
Why are our fielders dropping everything? I just watched Akmal fluff a take from Kanaria and then Iqbal dropped a ball that came of from Kallis's pads.....

I even recall Afridi in an interview saying that he no longer bowls the faster ball as Akmal cant collect it...

Do we need another keeper in the wings?

you are still indecisive against Akmal?

Kallis could succumb to the pressure of again failing to make a double hundred....it will weigh heavily on his mind , trust me ....expect very conservative cricket from him if they get close .

Well i dont want to right Akmal off as he is a telented cricketer but there needs to be competition for his slot, Just as there was when Moin and Latif were around...

hate to say it but I can feel a defeat coming pakistan will crash when batting and we deserve it for being so negative, this Rehman guy is useless cant turn the ball and leaks runs

saffer said:
Kallis could succumb to the pressure of again failing to make a double hundred....it will weigh heavily on his mind , trust me ....expect very conservative cricket from him if they get close .

Yeah, it seems like Kallis is slowing down a bit, but he's a good enough player to cope with the pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back