Pakistan VS South Africa | ICC T20 2010 | Super 8 Match 9 | 10/05/2010 | Pak Innings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TalhaSyed

ODI Debutant
Runs
Post of the Week
Just over three hours left till this massive match.

Now it really is do or die for Pakistan :yk

What would be your team? Would you go with the same team that got so close yet so far VS NZ or bring in the changes?

What will be your strategy VS a team like SA?

Come on boys you can do it!!! :afridi

:pkflag

Spin will win the game.

Pakistan's batting needs to click first which looks very unlikely against the SA attack to me.

For me my head says drop Hafeez for.....anyone :p...but my heart says that after his performance in the last match with the ball the spin factor could be the deciding factor.

Also drop Misbah for Alam or even Azam.

We defo need plenty of spinners and the batsmen need to fire! Afridi needs to come in up the order so he gets time in the middle soming like what happened in last years Semi Final.

Razzaq found some form in the last match mashallah so leave him down the order for the late struggle.

We should look to do what we did last time with posting a score then looking to choke SA with our spinners.

Not sure how easy that would be tho with the form that :afridi has been with the ball (and bat for that matter) and no :gul

Toss will decide the fate. If pak wins, has to put up 170+ score batting first. Kamran Akmal has to fire no doubt.

This would be my lineup for today with this batting order:

1. Karman
2. Butt
3. Afridi
4. Fawad
5. Umer
6. Razzaq
7. Hafeez
8. A.Rehman
9. Amir
10. Sami
11. Ajmal

Hefeez should not bat ahead of any other batsmen since hes not performing at all. Ideally i would replace him with Hammad or even Latif but since his bowling was good in the last ODI and we are gonna play on slow pitch at St. Lucia, he wont be dropped from the side!

These three players holds the key for us:

1. BUTT
2. AFRIDI
3. Rehman!

asad100101 said:
Toss will decide the fate. If pak wins, has to put up 170+ score batting first. Kamran Akmal has to fire no doubt.

Exactly! Pakistan needs to bat first and the batting needs to click.

Pakistan have been the only side to loose batting first in the Super 8 stage of this tourny. Surely we have to bat first and the batting HAS to click!!

I get the feeling that Pak will win INSHALLAH. The pitch will help spinners and we got 3. Just need someone to score quick in the middle order.

YEs! we need to bat first to have any chance against SA! WE cudn't chase 134 against the Kiwis so i have no confidence in team in chasing even 120 against SA!

Toss will be vital for both teams. Whoever bats first and post 160 + will be in the driving seat IMO!

Bowl first, hope to sneak in a rain interrupted 5 over slog chase and get through with a win against Bangladesh and a quick hit and giggle against a former SF team. :afridi

Sami should not be given chance in this match. Wicket suits Asif more than Sami

i have no feelings whatsoever. just want to see the match for enjoyment. as long as they don't select the player on merit, nothing would be changed :ibutt anyways , i support my country with heart and soul :pkflag

Win the toss, bat first and try and put at least 160 on the board then we have a real chance. I don't fancy our chances chasing any total above 100. I really wish we dropped Misbah and took a punt on Azam (after all he can't do any worse than Misbah) but I think the team will remain unchanged.

Hafeez needs to be dropped with Fawad coming in and batting number 3. Also Asif should come back in for sami.

Wouldnt mind Hammad been picked either!

Hammad Azam should come in as we were one hitter short in the last game, :misbah has lost it for sure so he should be out! :afridi and the rest of the spinners should choke the hell out of SA and then go berserk :razaaq while batting. Just try and smash every ball for 6 or 4. Watching the matches this t20 WC and last australian tour i feel our batting has gone on the defensive, where as we used to be very attacking.

Amjid Javed said:
Hafeez needs to be dropped with Fawad coming in and batting number 3. Also Asif should come back in for sami.

Wouldnt mind Hammad been picked either!

You got to be kidding. Asif in St Lucia will be a suicidal move, I'll probablt drop Sami and bring in Fawad.

The bowling will be shared by Aamer, Afridi, Razzaq, Ajmal, Rehman and Hafeez.

Pakistan management wont have enough guty to bring in further changes for the match as it can either fire/backfire.

Ideally Misbah should be replaced by Fawad, who certainly wont waste 15 balls before trying to get off his mark. And Hafeez should be replaced by th other all rounder in the squad i.e. Hammad Azam.

But our Worldcup campaign has been far from ideal so far. So am expecting the same team combination against Saffies.

Jang hasnt yet announced the squad for this match. Is Yawar Saeed sleeping :)

mohammad hafeez will play

source - 15 years of watching pakistan pick tried and tested failures

any news on the team yet?

usually GEO has them earlier then the rest

Apparently Hafeez will be FINALLY dropped...for Khalid Latif

Insh'Allah we'll win today!
I tell you what i've got a feeling its gonna be one of those days...either gonna be a clynical 'only Pakistan can do it' performance OR its gonna be a complete anti-climax and we are gonna get thrashed.
No in between

Mohsin said:
Apparently Hafeez will be FINALLY dropped...for Khalid Latif

Insh'Allah we'll win today!
I tell you what i've got a feeling its gonna be one of those days...either gonna be a clynical 'only Pakistan can do it' performance OR its gonna be a complete anti-climax and we are gonna get thrashed.
No in between

he shud b droped after a string of failures...

I will stay full time in the office will not watch the game and will not waste any of those extra hours on Pakistan team not this t20 anymore.

Momo said:
Momo salaam arz karta hai sahibo aur meherbaano. :)

Oh Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaikumaslaaaaaaaaaaam...aur sunao, khairiat, sehat-shehet theek hai? Bache theek hai? Match-shatch dekho ge? Chai-shai peeo ge? Koi bootle-shottle, pani-shaani? :inzi

Last edited:
Momo said:
Momo salaam arz karta hai sahibo aur meherbaano. :)

bad az waslam arz hai kai aaj bhi pichlay dino hi ki tarhan sarcastic rehna.

Mohsin said:
Oh Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalaikumaslaaaaaaaaaaam...aur sunao, khairiat, sehat-shehet theek hai? Bache theek hai? Match-shatch dekho ge? Chai-shai peeo ge? :inzi
The wives and the kids are doing fine, alhamdulillah. :)

So here we are Mohsin bhai - a BIG match! Go Markhors!

dhump said:
bad az waslam arz hai kai aaj bhi pichlay dino hi ki tarhan sarcastic rehna.
There seems to be a misunderstanding here (I read somewhere else too).
I have a long history of being optimistic and upbeat, and was not being sarcastic at all. :)

I will continue that today, inshaAllah. :afridi

still one hour to go. how to kill the time :D. even though our team is not doing good but still...... we love our team :X

I think best thing to kill the time is to watch this :))

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVdAOyaPitw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CVdAOyaPitw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Momo said:
Alhamdulillah. Aap kaese hain, braather.

Zindagi jabr-e-musalsal ki tarah kati hai
Janay kis jurm ki pai hai saza yaad nahi :p

Last edited:
According to cricinfo Pakistan have more chance to make it to semis than SA

Because their NRR is too low -.65 so they need to beat Pakistan by 43 runs and hope Newzealand loose by 30 runs

Chase please, well I am saying that because I am such a good batsman I never fail chasing, hahahahah

Toss:

Pakistan have won and decided to bat first

15 minutes. I am so exited. But i don't have much hope for PAK. But it will be a good match :ajmal

hur rizvi said:

Because their NRR is too low -.65 so they need to beat Pakistan by 43 runs and hope Newzealand loose by 30 runs

Dude if we win and NZ lose, we are through. NRR is in favour of us big time this time round.

asifp said:
Dude if we win and NZ lose, we are through. NRR is in favour of us big time this time round.

Yes and more than us South Africa need a miracle to make it to semis

batting first...good...make 160-170 and chole the saffers...

Sami is not playing. I guess they realized Smith and company will attack Sami from word go.

I think Rehman will be bowling in first 6 overs to choke South Africa.

so basically aamir n razzak will open the bowling....Allah khair

the Men in Green are going to be victorious today...

black_98 said:
15 minutes. I am so exited. But i don't have much hope for PAK. But it will be a good match :ajmal

Welcome. :inzi

ahh - this is so tense. im at work. luckily pakpassion is not blocked at work. :)

hur rizvi said:

Yeah I know it's quite funny considering Pakistan hasn't actually won a match yet.

England were a lot harder on South Africa than they were on us. Really England should have beaten us by the same margin as they did to south Africa.

Always a good move to drop Sami, hope Razzaq can do the business with the new ball (if he gets it).

QOTW -> Afridi: "Our morale is very high".
:)))

purepak said:
ahh - this is so tense. im at work. luckily pakpassion is not blocked at work. :)

lol...same ere....got pakpassion and cricinfo open...

Cricinfo: Dry, Slow Pitch, Should Turn a Bit

No Morne Morkel - very shocked. Pakistan HATE bounce.

Sledger said:
Always a good move to drop Sami, hope Razzaq can do the business with the new ball (if he gets it).

QOTW -> Afridi: "Our morale is very high".
:)))

Gut instinct says its gonna be Rehman with the new ball with Aamer

same here..... meeting at 930...... early lunch to watch the end of match if pakistan in a winning position...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back