Pakistan vs South Africa | Multan | 4th ODI | 26/10/07 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
sigh

I suggested on PP once that we should let the tail open in tests - I think its time to do that

Tanvir as opener.. he wouldnt waste balls, would make more than hameed etc and gives us an extra bowling option

inzibhai said:
Y Khan has to step up and grab one of the opening spot in the ODIs.

i agree...and we can have another batsmen coming in the middle....

BTW zaheer think the run rate is pretty slow.....i must thank him for letting us know...

thanks chacha..

Well "he must say" as "there is no doubt about it".

Btw, what happened to Mushy because "like definitely" he was fun!

run rate up to 3 now

woohooo

These two need to bat until around the 25th-30th over.

right as we know Pakistan cricket.

We cannot keep the intensity up consistently. Awful start to this ODI, basically gifting SAF all three wickets with no runs on the board. Another wicket here, and game over.

It was lazy running - really was.

Younis called and said No, but Yousuf just ran - painful viewing.

Bishop saying YK had to say something instead of having just a hand up like traffic police :119: :D

Now Waqar saying YK shouted No :D

Last edited:
Bishop saying YK had to say something instead of having just a hand up like traffic police

Bish is an idiot....you could hear MYK yelling .....poor running from MOYO i think..

Huge task for Malik and YK here. We need a ton from at least one of them and least a half century from the other.

Opening with Afridi and Hameed was a horrible idea. Afridi doesnt fire everyday and he was bound to get out for a low score after two excellent knocks. Hameed plays more for his place in the team than for the team itself. Another Hameed innings where he just wastes the first 20 bballs and then throws away his wicket

And we are playing 5 bowlers with absolutely no batting prowess!

i wish Tanveer was playing today.......paka chance for him to score a 50......and maybe we could have open with him in next odi...

Is the wicket anything like Faisalabad?

If so...220 or so could be enough.

inzibhai said:
i wish Tanveer was playing today.......paka chance for him to score a 50......and maybe we could have open with him in next odi...

he can't play a ball on the off side. He is swings his bat and tried to hit everything on the leg. how can he open?

the true passionist said:
he can't play a ball on the off side. He is swings his bat and tried to hit everything on the leg. how can he open?

He can play on the off side. More a case that he doesnt have any big off side shots.

Run rate is picking up 2.00 2.15 2.36 2.50 3.00 3.06 it will reach 4.00 till 50th over!

inzibhai said:
Bishop saying YK had to say something instead of having just a hand up like traffic police

Bish is an idiot....you could hear MYK yelling .....poor running from MOYO i think..

that is what he was suggesting...Younis must have called but Moyo ignored!

The True,

he is not saying that..i think he is blaming MYK for the run out ....he is MYK didn't call and only had his hand up....

Younis khan not out 30 from 44 balls.

We need a big one from him here. I predicted earlier that he would have a big say in our innings today! Let's see him prove me right!

In the last 5 overs we have gone at 4 per over. If these two can keep this up and bat for another 15 overs or so, that puts us at roughly 100 ater 30 overs. Then they can start to push on a little too.

hahah Niti bowling at the econ rate of 2.29.....Allah miayn yeah din bhi dekhnay thai.....

nice shot by Malik ...great shot for 44444444444444

50 up for The Land of the Pure

come on Malik, captain's knock required from you here.

inzibhai said:
The True,

he is not saying that..i think he is blaming MYK for the run out ....he is MYK didn't call and only had his hand up....

i think he was implying Younis must have said something, he couldn't have just held his hand up as a traffic policeman.

at least that's what i think. Besides, Bishop is usually an admirer of Younis's attitude compared to Yousuf'

good over for Pakistan

10 runs from it

58 for 3 now. Run rate up to 3.41

The True thats what i m trying to say that you COULD HEAR MYK yelling NO from the none striker end but apna Mulvi saab didn't bother to hear or look....

444444444444444444444444444444 by malik...great batting...

The point is that apart from one or two (yousaf, younis), our batting is club level (the averages refelect the talent). After hameed, we will revert to Butt, Nazir, Hafeez or may be Farhat.
Shoaib Malik has to lead from the front. Has opened before in tests and ODI,S and should move up.
Cannot compete at International level with that sort of line up.
Should not expect Asif and Shoaib to craete havoc on flat tracks.

man these police people in pakistan free mai mazay kar rahay hain...must be nice...:)

Hash said:
Younis khan not out 30 from 44 balls.

We need a big one from him here. I predicted earlier that he would have a big say in our innings today! Let's see him prove me right!

In the last 5 overs we have gone at 4 per over. If these two can keep this up and bat for another 15 overs or so, that puts us at roughly 100 ater 30 overs. Then they can start to push on a little too.

I am afraid Pakistan has not recently scoring big in the death overs recently. With Afridi not there chances are even less.

But Pakistan should definitely try for 250 which might be a fighting total. The pitch is still on the slower side.

good stuff from Malik

Hits a 4 and then takes a single instead of getting all exciting and trying to slog the next ball regardless of the merits of the delivery (Afridi)

I am afraid Pakistan has not recently scoring big in the death overs recently. With Afridi not there chances are even less.

But Pakistan should definitely try for 250 which might be a fighting total. The pitch is still on the slower side.

well we got 80 odd inthe 2nd ODI didn't we?

And Afridi failed.

63 for 3 now after 18

no tanvir, no hitting power lower down. stupid move to include asif.

tanvir....masiha of pakistan cricket...:):)

inzibhai said:
no tanvir, no hitting power lower down. stupid move to include asif.

tanvir....masiha of pakistan cricket...:):)
better than asif when it comes to ODI peera. asif one show pony bowler in ODI.

i was hopeing we will win this so we can try Shobby Akhtar in the next odi.....:):)

250 would definitely be a fighting score as the pitch will probably get slower and take a bit more turn later. I hope the dew doesn't become a factor though...

inzibhai said:
i was hopeing we will win this so we can try Shobby Akhtar in the next odi.....:):)
Akhtar will play regardlsess...unless of course he attacks someone during practice before the game.

younis needs to stay till 50th over. then we can get 270 ezily. bcz he can hit big unlike yousuf who prefers tukh tukh even at the end.

why the fake is waq worried about pushing....its only the 20th over....hasn't he played cricket be4?

Pathan007 said:
better than asif when it comes to ODI peera. asif one show pony bowler in ODI.
Yup. Just like that one show pony mcgrath and that other pony named ambrose.

we are pretty much in the same situation we were in at the same stage in the 2nd ODI (take 10 runs or so before we lost out 3rd wicket)......just Younis needs to get a 100 here instead of Yousuf.

younis needs to stay till 50th over. then we can get 270 ezily. bcz he can hit big unlike yousuf who prefers tukh tukh even at the end.

yeah Peera MOYo should be no where near the team in first place for his poor running, slow batting and all the neg things he bring to this great team...

Sheikh said:
Yup. Just like that one show pony mcgrath and that other pony named ambrose.
plzzzzzzzzzzzz don't compare them with the 2. it's a shame. asif has yet to prove himself that he can be an ODI bowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back