Pakistan vs South Africa | Multan | 4th ODI | 26/10/07 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it. Kallis always does this. Big wicket, momentum breaker, and this may cost us a bit. Misbah needs to come to the party. Need 10 overs from these two at a run a ball. No too much batting to follow.

That's a big blow

Need something from Misbah now

Great partnership between Malik and Younis. Helped us reach a stage from where we wont be bundled out for a low score

Misbah the new man in

Amjid Javed said:
lets not get carried away pak are 120/3 a quick two wickets for S.A and its 140/5 and pakistans long tail is in...

you had to say it. Malik was the more important player at this stage.

This is a delicate situation for pak, we cant afford to lose another wicket in the next 12 overs or so. Forget about 250 i say... get the score near 200 before hitting out.

the true passionist said:
you had to say it. Malik was the more important player at this stage.

I was stating the obvious.

The most worrying aspect right now is that the last five cannot bat at all. Dropping Tanvir is going to cost us big time

I am tempted to sneak out of work. Shall I do it? the boss isn't here. Just 2 co workers in the room...they might not notice since we have our individual cubicals.

I want to see the last 10-12 overs. If I leave in the next 10 mins I can make it.

oh my god someone tell this budha to su.....why is he whining about everythig?zaheer plese get lose...

inzibhai said:
oh my god someone tell this budha to su.....why is he whining about everythig?zaheer plese get lose...

He is getting more horrible by the minute! "Misbah do well in 20/20, but he is doing not so good in ODI matches"; somebody cut my ears off.

"Misbah has never been a consistent scorer in ODIs for Pakistan against SAF" - Zaheer

the guy has only played 15 odd odis

Last edited:
Hash said:
I am tempted to sneak out of work. Shall I do it? the boss isn't here. Just 2 co workers in the room...they might not notice since we have our individual cubicals.

I want to see the last 10-12 overs. If I leave in the next 10 mins I can make it.
Don't think twice man. Bail.

zaheer needs to be shot in head and once dead, leave a hand written note in his pocket...saying i was tired of life and i killed myself...

Hash said:

Looks like a job for Morpheus, he can guide you out of the office unnoticed. :p

"Misbah has never been a consistent scorer in ODIs for Pakistan against in SAF" - Zaheer

so has he been consistent against SAF in pakistan or anywhere else?

come on Misbah

9 balls no run.

I am sneaking out after 1 more over. shhhhh.

Hash said:

there aren't going to many fireworks here..you would rather not

there aren't going to many fireworks here..you would rather not

i know better than to write off the Pakistan team though

"this ball looks new to me, doesn't look 34 overs old, not even 30 overs old" Waqar....

whats the diff between 30 and 34?

inzibhai said:
"this ball looks new to me, doesn't look 34 overs old, not even 30 overs old" Waqar....

whats the diff between 30 and 34?

Waqarrrrr! Nice "jam" there :)) .

Waqar is saying 260 would be a decent total on this track. Looks out of reach from here.

Misbah off mark with single.. another partnership needed here

Sparhawk said:
Waqar is saying 260 would be a decent total on this track. Looks out of reach from here.
not out of reach but some1 has to play swashbuckling inning.

right i am sneaking out

144 for 4

260= another 116 in 15 overs.

Not impossible at all. If one of these two bats the innings.

Pak 144/4 after 35 overs...

with afridi gone and no tanvir pakistan lack a big hitter down the order...

strange moev to drop sohail today!

"misbah still struggling, he tried all his shots" waqar....

how many ball have misbah face yet?

4444444444 by MYK ....."axcellent shot"

inzibhai said:
"misbah still struggling, he tried all his shots" waqar....

how many ball have misbah face yet?

4444444444 by MYK ....."axcellent shot"
2off 11 if this ain't struggling then what is?

Younis with another cracking four. He needs to slog out in the death overs himself (nobody else left besides Akmal).

Pathan007 said:
misbah not livin up to his 20/20 expectations.
And why is that? He's averaging 36 so far in the series which is pretty good for someone coming at number 6.

44444444444444444 for Misbah....

oh he is class now....thats according to waq....take only 1 4 to become class in waq book

shuker hai. MISBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN shuker hai yaar choka mara

Younis has really played an ideal knock today... Scored around run a ball since his 50.

Misbah hits a four, that was a big over.

Good over for pakistan 11 from it, kallis bowling to short!

Pakistan bowlers take note!

Patnership of 26 at a run a ball so far. Need atleast another 7-8 overs of this.

"35.6 Kallis to Misbah-ul-Haq, FOUR, slow and wide of off stump. younis waits for it, opens the face and places the square drive beautifully between sweeper cover and thirdman" - cricinfo.com

Yup Kallis is balling to Misbah but younis hits the four :D :))

Younis Khan should get out now - otherwise he'll be accused of playing for a century.....

what would be a decent score from here for Pak?
250 should definitely be on. Anything more like 260-plus would be a bonus. Younus needs to make his 100 and Misbah a 30-40 odd. Kamran could also contribute a 20 odd. That would take us up there.

Younis Khan should get out now - otherwise he'll be accused of playing for a century.....

he is being accused of not scoring runs against anyone but HK.....:)

Pathan007 said:
misbah not livin up to his 20/20 expectations.

Actually - hes playing EXACTLY like in T20 - maturely. Staeady start. Check out the bowling properly - play himself in - and then get the runs by the end of his inngs (we hope the latter will also happen).

misbah eating up deliveries. putting pressure even more on YK to score quickly.

Oxy said:
he isn't playing like Yousuf. who wasn't willing to take any chance. at least younis is taking risks.

Commentator' curse. Younus going for another pull but this time a top edge and Younus out

Oxy said:

Thanks YK - you saved yourself a lot of hassel and accusations:)

Pak 158/4

intresting to see how pakistan bowl under lights when dew kicks in...

inzibhai said:
zaheer needs to be shot in head and once dead, leave a hand written note in his pocket...saying i was tired of life and i killed myself...

I felt quite sorry for his first wife when I read one of his interview in which he stated that he married again because for the first time he felt he was in love, after listening to him I think it might be the best thing that may have happened for his ex-wife.

Younis ouTTTT that's exactly what pakistan didnt want.

Serious trouble now!

That's massive. Absolutely massive. We'll struggle to get to 240 now. Real shame.

Sparhawk said:
Younis ouTTTT that's exactly what pakistan didnt want.

Serious trouble now!
misbah contributed to it by not rotating the strike. and waqar agrees. misbah playing absolute shocker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back