Pakistan vs South Africa | Multan | 4th ODI | 26/10/07 |

Status
Not open for further replies.
Islamabadi said:
i blame oxy for this...he asked him to get out :)
But think about the positives - hes out as a hero going for it rather than a greedy record seeking player - which would have happened!

Good innings by Younis. Selfless and extremely important. Hopefully it's not in vain.

Poor shot by younis, should have looked to bat thru!

Pak 159/5

last recognised pair at crease!

This is why we shouldnt (as fans) be panicking with 13 overs still to play - last 10 overs nowq will be a LONG 10 overs.

Trust me. I'm a doctor....

Misbah gone as wel and S.A into pakistan tail...

Pakistan 159/6 (38)

A miracle now if we bat full 50 overs or get to 200!

Misbah-ul-haq looks horribel today...realy he looks some one from the tail is batting!~

so the series will be decided on last ODI at lahore. i hope they do well there unlike here where the batting was simply pathetic. and misbah needs to be taught a lesson on how to rotate strike.

Last edited:
waq think Gibbs played well in this/and test sereis....what has he done? m i missing antying?

or play well mean to waq is to just play good in one innings out of 10 ..

We don't need any panic...just like in the second game we were thinking the score was just to low. We defended it realy well. We just need to bat trough the overs.

Pitch is not that easy to bat but pakistan needed to score 240-250

Pathan007 said:
misbah contributed to it by not rotating the strike. and waqar agrees. misbah playing absolute shocker.

I dont think there was any pressure on younis to bat that aggressively at the time. Im not blaming him for playing his shots because it was working for him, but he could easily have waited until the 42-43 over mark before going for the big hits.

Last edited:
Razzaq here would have been handy...guess we might still see the return of Razzler just for the basic reason that we do not have any better options! And before people say Sohail Tanvir, note that having one shot in your armour does not make a great batsman.

xbox said:
Pitch is not that easy to bat but pakistan needed to score 240-250
That looks unrealistic unless Akmal smacks a quick 50. 200-215 will be decent provided Asif and Gul take some wickets up front.

Problem is our oppeners and even the batting order. Eventhough Younis scored runs but i I think he needs to bat lower down the order. BEcause he is one who can rotate strike. Malik is the one who has temperament and big shots who can go at 3 and score a 100.

the_game said:
I know that Einstein! It's just that our ODI line-up looks horrible without him (No firepower in the death overs).

Nobody statys retired in Pakistan cricket!

the_game said:
I know that Einstein! It's just that our ODI line-up looks horrible without him (No firepower in the death overs).
Then why did you ask where he is? Until he comes out of retirement you're going to have to live with our ''horrible'' odi line-up that's leading the series 2-1.

Sheikh said:
That looks unrealistic unless Akmal smacks a quick 50. 200-215 will be decent provided Asif and Gul take some wickets up front.

Followed by afridi. If we can get 210 i think it will be a fighting total.

Sheikh said:
Then why did you ask where he is? Until he comes out of retirement you're going to have to live with our ''horrible'' odi line-up that's leading the series 2-1.

Sheikh bhaijan, it was a cry for help more than anything else (and rhetorical, to be honest)! I am used to a batting line-up that extends to number 9 (mainly due to the past few years of Pakistani ODI cricket).

waq is an moron and he should be kicked out along zaheer and mushy...i wouldn't mind all SAF team in the box...

the_game said:
Sheikh bhaijan, it was a cry for help more than anything else (and rhetorical, to be honest)! I am used to a batting line-up that extends to number 9 (mainly due to the past few years of Pakistani ODI cricket).
Fair enough. Ultimately you gotta play with what's available and right now Razzler isn't. Dropping Tanvir was questionable, but hopefully it'll be justifeid by our impending bowling performance.

inzibhai said:
waq is an moron and he should be kicked out along zaheer and mushy...i wouldn't mind all SAF team in the box...
I'd rather have an all Pak team than an all SAF team anyday!

Please take comedic value into consideration.

CRICINFO: 42.1 Morkel to Kamran Akmal, no run, homing in on the middle stump line, pushed back to the bowler
A big banner is held by some young men: "Cricket is missing you Inzi uncle" Uncle?! Hmm... LOL

I hope akmal doesnt go looking for boundaries now, singles would do just fine for the next 5 overs.

shafkath said:
ntini's spell completed, we need to get after there weaker bowlers lke botha

Botha a weaker bowler? Akmal and Rehman will make him look like Shane Warne!

have SAF batted yet? dont think so...i dont see any reason why we can't them out for lower total...

Akmal Takes 5 Balls To Get A Single While Rehman Gets A Single Off His First Ball

Jackass mate - thats a foot outside legstump! As wide as they come!

He's getting annoying now.

someone tell Robin Jackass anything on the leg side is wide ball ....stop whininging

shafkath said:
4 Leg Byes Top Stuff

It was an ingenious shot, he pretended to play the reverse sweep and used his leg to hit it thru fine leg for four! ;-)

4 more!!! Useful runs.

191-6

Kami is capable of a last over onslaught (as v the Windies) 2 years ago....

Not a bad little p/ship - got us back into the game.

Luton Bad Boy said:
210....with our bowlers....is this match gone?!

Not at all. Unless SA have a big opening partnership this should be match on.

yeah good partnership ....need another 35-40 runs.....

and thats called wide....

and i know Robin Jackass is whining about it...

Jackass dont be absurd, that was a completely fair call. Wide by a couple of inches..... jackass!

Oxy said:
Not a bad little p/ship - got us back into the game.
Is this pitch difficult to bat on? If so, a target of 210/220 could be testing for opposition. All depends on how well Asif/ Gul bowl first up. if SA do not get off to a flier then Afridi and Rehman can bring us into the game with their restrictive bowling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back