Pakistan Vs West Indies,Test 1, Day 4 Thread [29/5/05]

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea go afridi bhai he is playing very well now and slapping whoever calls hima bits and pieces player in the face

I think he is a genuine all rounder, gr8 with the ball, and obviously amazing with the bat!

some very sensible batting taking place. Chanders spreads the field so both batsmen looking for the quick singles.

afridi gone, smashes ball in the air of powell

and catch is taken... sad end to superb knock!

chanderpaul cpatiancy is pathetic to say the least they still have more than 300runs to defent and only 5wkts to take. yet he has spreads all the fielders

oh dear oh dear. Loose shot from Afridi, straight up in the air and Chanderpaul takes it at mid off. Afridi very cross with himself.

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Naheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen!

I hope we atleast get too 300-350, save some face and not lose so bad.

Besides it aint over untill the fat lady sings and they just showed Inzi sitting in the pavilion and let me tell you he aint singing.

Nauman said:
Besides it aint over untill the fat lady sings and they just showed Inzi sitting in the pavilion and let me tell you he aint singing.

Someone should be studying!

Just 15 minutes before Lunch, oh the singles were coming so why? but anyway had that gone for 6 we would be praising him, a good innings. Come on Kamran!!!

well Akmal and Razzaq have done it before, but this situation is beyond them.

Allah karay kay saree moti auraton kee awaz beth jai !!!

There is not a man in the world with as much talent as Afridi.

Saj said:
well Akmal and Razzaq have done it before, but this situation is beyond them.

I don't agree, if they have done it before, whos stopping them do it again, besides Kamran has done well against the Windies before.

salamulaikam guys.. just woke up to a pleasant surprise.. unfortunately did not last long.. odds are heavily stacked against us to save or win.. this is a burning ship..

im gonna go have bagel and coffee now.. laterz

Beautiful innings by Shahid Afridi. Simply put, I watch sport for performances like that.

I'm out of energy

I agree with Usman, they CAN make it, just will require extreme patience, concentration and belief.

53.3 Powell to Abdul Razzaq, FOUR, full toss on leg stump and its turned
to deep fine leg

COME ON RAZZAQ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no fine leg, 3 consecutive boundaries for Abdul.

Thats 161 runs in the morning session so far.

The_Cricket_Devil said:
u mean abdul razzaq amjid bhai Yand ANOTHER 4!!! YA

:))) sorry i did mean razzaq.... had afridi on the brain!

actually it is lunch now so pakistan surviving for the moment with a gr8 run rate and it must be said that this session belonged to Pakistan

299 more needed with 4 wickets, one of these two has to take us into day 5 with about 150 runs to get on the final day, ofcourse these will need to get 100s now

If we can get 161 in the pre-lunch session, we can certainly get 299 in two full session..if not then max 50 left for day 5..but that all depends on whether we keep our wickets!

No, thats Lunch. Win or loose (or draw!) Pakistan have put up a fight and credit to Afridi. The problem lies in the weak top order, espiecially Yasir who not only through his own wicket away in a crucial time but through the wicket of his captain away too. Anways there is a breath of fresh air in this match and it will be intresting to see where Pakistan lies at the end of the day. Anway another 30mins probabably left of Lucnch. See you then.

Usman said:
No, thats Lunch. Win or loose (or draw!) Pakistan have put up a fight and credit to Afridi. The problem lies in the weak top order, espiecially Yasir who not only through his own wicket away in a crucial time but through the wicket of his captain away too. Anways there is a breath of fresh air in this match and it will be intresting to see where Pakistan lies at the end of the day. Anway another 30mins probabably left of Lucnch. See you then.

the top problem will be finish in next test when inzy,yoyo and malik will come

the highest ever score by any team in the fourth innings of a test match is 418!

Inshallah we can atleast cross that

Your optimisim is just shocking, seriously, I may have a stroke thinking how you do it!

we havent lost yet

Jaaka and kami can put on around 200 -210 leaves about 90-100 runs so inshallah we will win

inshallah we will cross the highest 4ourth innings score

Yes 90-100 runs between Big Bird and Baboon Face

And edged past the slip(akmal)

Did anyone in the UK see my email question on Sky?
I missed it all but wanted to put that courtney walsh ad sky under the spotlight fo refering to a match windies couldnt finish. They failed to mention 2000 time and time again during there coverage.

Remember my words it aint over untill the fat lady sings and as far as my sources tell me Inzi isnt too keen on singing right now.

Fessal said:
Did anyone in the UK see my email question on Sky?
I missed it all but wanted to put that courtney walsh ad sky under the spotlight fo refering to a match windies couldnt finish. They failed to mention 2000 time and time again during there coverage.

Yer I DID!!!

Mohammed Fessal, I believe...

I hope we can atleast pass 40 and save soem face. Lets try to lose less than 200 runs to send a message that we can bat and make a much more positive approach next match.

Razzawq on the line and should be out...well goodnight folks.

razzaq gone stumped.... looked hard to call benefit shud go to batsmen!

It loosk clean as possible and he is on the line and shoul dbe given. And he is given out.

But you know these Windies umpires were gonna give it out, they cant even umpire with a TV infront of him, so any close call always goes against the batsmen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back