Panthers (344/7) defeat Stallions (324) by 20 runs in a high scoring thriller in the match 9 of the Champions One-Day Cup 2024

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
FIhh6va.png

The Panthers and Stallions are set to clash in the Pakistan Champions Cup One-Day Cup 2024 today on September 21, 2024. The Stallions, captained by Mohammad Haris, have had an impressive start, securing two wins and one loss in their three matches, placing them second on the points table with 28 points.

Meanwhile, the Panthers have also recorded two wins and one loss, sitting third on the table with 23 points.

Squads:

STALLIONS:
Mohammad Haris (captain), Abrar Ahmed, Adil Amin, Babar Azam, Haris Rauf, Hussain Talat, Jahandad Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Mohammad Ali, Mohammad Amir Khan, Saad Khan, Shan Masood, Tayyab Tahir, Ubaid Shah, Yasir Khan and Zaman Khan

PANTHERS: Shadab Khan (captain), Abdul Wahid Bangalzai, Ahmed Bashir, Amad Butt, Arafat Minhas, Azan Awais, Haider Ali, Mohammad Hasnain, Mohammad Umar, Mohammad Zeeshan, Mubasir Khan, Rizwan Mehmood, Saim Ayub, Umar Siddiq, Usama Mir and Usman Khan

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Can I ask what's even the point of Shan masood and yasir kham opening? Their one of the poorest whiteball batters I've had the privilege to see?

Can I ask what's even the point of Shan masood and yasir kham opening? Their one of the poorest whiteball batters I've had the privilege to see?
They have adil amin and saad khan on the bench. Who is gonna replace Shan or Yasir?

They have adil amin and saad khan on the bench. Who is gonna replace Shan or Yasir?
Me, I'll do it.

My question was what's even the point of having them play the tournament in the first place? Ik people don't like sharjeel kham cause of fixing and theirs questions with his fitness but even he's better then these 2 jokers.

Saad baig is a good Under q9 that could have played as well

Me, I'll do it.

My question was what's even the point of having them play the tournament in the first place? Ik people don't like sharjeel kham cause of fixing and theirs questions with his fitness but even he's better then these 2 jokers.

Saad baig is a good Under q9 that could have played as well
Shan is gonna play so Yasir can be replaced with Saad khan or adil amin and Haris can open the inning.

Because Pakistan is preparing for the England Test series using this tournament!

Shan is gonna play so Yasir can be replaced with Saad khan or adil amin and Haris can open the inning.
Shan and yasir will play regardless but they should not, Shan has no future in cricket.

Unlike other failures like Abdullah shafiq, Saim Ayub, at the very least the got basic cricketing fundamentals down, their getting out for other reasons like poor shot selection, not using footwork on certain shots correctly, mistiming shots, not being aware of field placements and other rudimentary errors.

Shan on the other hand can't play offspin or anything that angles away from him for the life of him, that shows whoever his batting coach is/was, he must have been a loony toon himself

How much score do you think babar is gonna score??

@mominsaigol last time your prediction about babar was wrong. wanna try again???
Honestly, why would I care? I’m more interested in seeing how many Mubasir, Haider, Harris or players who play properly score

What good is Babar’s run a ball 50 or hundred? How’s that improving Pakistan?

How much score do you think babar is gonna score??

@mominsaigol last time your prediction about babar was wrong. wanna try again???
He almost didn't make it to 100, I predicted he'd fall short because the moron is incapable of playing modern era cricket.

But chalo he just about scrapped by

He almost didn't make it to 100, I predicted he'd fall short because the moron is incapable of playing modern era cricket.

But chalo he just about scrapped by
"almost did not" mean nothing bro... He scored a century.. But anyways.

prediction for today???

Toss Update:

Panthers have won the toss and are batting first

FmZ8ELR.png

D4zsoYN.png

Ali Raza and Rizwan mehmood getting a game. Good to see. Would like to see arafat Minhas bat higher up the batting order today. Nonetheless it's great to see many youngsters in the panthers team today.

ALi raza gets a game and Shadab rested....SAIM is your captain for today's game.

Zaman Khan also getting a game. Would have liked to see Ubaid Shah as well but hopefully he will get a game next.

Although Mohammad Harris is captain, Babar Azam seems to be calling the shots.

sB9nOmH.jpg

Pakistan need this in international from him, not in domestics. He has a very good record in domestic anyway
Agreed. Domestic averages and shots don't matter if you are a failure at the international level. Saim needs to learn

Crazy running. Crazy.... Why would you risk it when you are playing so good.

Hoping for the best brother.

Panthers are in good position atm.
Today is Babar's real test, not the previous games.

Yesterday rizwan had his real test, Could he take responsibility? And yet he didn't, ducked himself at no 5, got run out cause he knew he can't hit big and has to resort to cheeky runs.

If these 2 at the crease go big, What will babar do? Will he take responsibility? Because I'm telling you Shan and yasir are walking and their ceiling is 50 max which I repeat is their ceiling, Highly unlikely they'll get it

Today is Babar's real test, not the previous games.

Yesterday rizwan had his real test, Could he take responsibility? And yet he didn't, ducked himself at no 5, got run out cause he knew he can't hit big and has to resort to cheeky runs.

If these 2 at the crease go big, What will babar do? Will he take responsibility? Because I'm telling you Shan and yasir are walking and their ceiling is 50 max which I repeat is their ceiling, Highly unlikely they'll get it
Lets see if Haris can prove himself as an opener.

he crowd's demand now rests on Saim Ayub's shoulders, he must deliver today

Its says, Saim Ayub, make a century

Zj6bh8b.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I tuned in to watch the game for a bit only to find Babar bowling? Wah

I didnt know that you were happy with strike rates of 106. I guess you have different benchmarks for different people
Odi strikerates of 100+ are the norm, this isn't t20, that's how Australia easily chased England's 316 with over 9 overs to spare.

With the way their batters were going they would have reached 400. Even in today's game not a single batter who crosses 30 runs bats at lower then 100SR.

Failing is one thing but if you're going then you're going.

Imam bats at a strike rate of 70-80 till the 40th and gets out or he just fails, Babar and rizwan do exactly the same, it's not until the cross 50 to 60 runs that they start accelerating and even then only to 90-95.

Chacha is even slower as he never crosses 100 under any circumstance minus Nepal and minnow bashing.

What happens is that you have Abdullah, Imam, Babar, Rizwan, Chacha all bat at a sr of 80 to 90 and end up with scores of 260 to 270, and teams like Afghanistan come and butcher teams.

Even yesterday in the 368 chase besides fakhar, Chacha and rizwan are incapable of batting at 100+ even though it's required that they go at 7 RR

What has saim ayub eaten today? Totally different atmosphere when he's captaining and when sheddy is captaining

Usman Khan showing impressive bat control and footwork in countering short balls, effectively rotating the strike and scoring boundaries

Honestly this was a good innings. I have my reserves about saim, but this was the best innings by an opener in this tournament

Saim and Usman shpuld aim for 10 to 12 an over, Send a message by scoring that big daddy 380 to 400

Back