[PICTURES/VIDEOS] Saim Ayub - the real deal or a flash in the pan?

Alot of people were passing some nonsensical comments despite the fact that he has literally played one test match, which is not enough to judge anyone. But apparently T20 form = test form according to some posters. If some people actually bothered to look up his QeA Trophy numbers or the fact that he scored a double ton in the final then maybe they could have understood why he was selected.

Anyway, humble pie was served because he played a very good innings under pressure.
He played a good innings but his inexperience is still their.

The issue with saim is that he gets out as soon as he tries to do something funky and he does that alot.

In t20 he kept getting out cause he tried to be cute 24/7 off the bat.

Even in yesterday's test, he handled the early pressure well, as soon as he hit 50, he was all over the play, and was looking to get out every ball.

He needs to cool it and have test level temperament.

Needs to find a way to chill out.

Way is Travis Head successful? There are so many traps set up for him but the guy finds a way to hide his time.

Saim needs to learn this, he completely stalled when Bangladesh set up the deep square leg and fine leg trap for him

Needs to find a way to chill out.

Way is Travis Head successful? There are so many traps set up for him but the guy finds a way to hide his time.

Saim needs to learn this, he completely stalled when Bangladesh set up the deep square leg and fine leg trap for him
Oh man, you just reminded me of Brian Lara for some reason

Lara was the living definition of biding his time and exploiting.

Great batsmen.

As usual, Saim threw away his wickets when he was about to take off. LOL

This guy is temperamentally weak. I would still say that he is not the right choice atm for red ball cricket.v

He played a good innings but his inexperience is still their.

The issue with saim is that he gets out as soon as he tries to do something funky and he does that alot.

In t20 he kept getting out cause he tried to be cute 24/7 off the bat.

Even in yesterday's test, he handled the early pressure well, as soon as he hit 50, he was all over the play, and was looking to get out every ball.

He needs to cool it and have test level temperament.
I think you're overanalyzing. This is test, not T20. He is playing his second test match and played a pretty good innings under pressure. There's nothing wrong with player trying to stamp his authority on the game. When someone doesn't do that we say they are defensive. When someone shows intent there is some other criticism. Give him time to show what he is capable of.

I think you're overanalyzing. This is test, not T20. He is playing his second test match and played a pretty good innings under pressure. There's nothing wrong with player trying to stamp his authority on the game. When someone doesn't do that we say they are defensive. When someone shows intent there is some other criticism. Give him time to show what he is capable of.
I've seen him play multiple games, so no I'm not overanalysing.

It's because this is test that I'm critising. Bangladesh set a trap for him and he fell right into it because of his over reliance of being funky. Dude forgot its a test match and can just relax and accumulate till the end of day 1.

As usual, Saim threw away his wickets when he was about to take off. LOL

This guy is temperamentally weak. I would still say that he is not the right choice atm for red ball cricket.v
He will come good with time , he needs 2 years to become International level batter but sending him back to domestic means he will never develop further. We don't have any alternative options right now so have to stick with him hoping he's actually develop.

Shakib Al Hasan is Saim Ayub's first Test wicket - it's all happening in the 1st Test between Pakistan and Bangladesh

Can be developed in to a decent batting allrounder like M.Hafeez if he keep bowling more overs. Can be handy in both ODIs and T20s.

well too early to say this but yeah saim played a compossed inning which i wasnt expecting from him.
Everyone is overreacting to saim, Saud and rizzu's innings on this phatta track.

I don't rate their innings. And I don't rate saim or Rizwan.

I rate saud but not because of his innings, Because his free flow style and his innovative ability to disrupt bowlers line and lengths makes him a good asset.

Both saim and Rizwan are extremly one note.

One 50 at home against Bangladesh doesn’t mean much for a guy who has been given more chances than pretty much any other player in recent memory. He did play well under pressure to hold the innings together, I’ll give him that but he needs to score heavily and consistently this entire series and the next, and the next to overcome all his past failures.

Saim is still a flash in the pan. He will struggle in the red ball. Waiting to see him bat in the 2nd inning.

He is the future of Pakistan cricket. The fact that this pitch turned into a road later doesn’t mean that this wasn’t an absolute minefield to bat on when Saim was there. We were 3 down for nothing but Saim steadied the ship.

Saim is absolutely the future of Pakistan cricket.

Keep backing him and hoping for the best. The rest of the young batters in Pakistan will struggle to cut it at this level . They don't have the talent , age on their side(real age) etc.

A lot of future failures like Haider Ali in the wings.

Saim is absolutely the future of Pakistan cricket.

Keep backing him and hoping for the best. The rest of the young batters in Pakistan will struggle to cut it at this level . They don't have the talent , age on their side(real age) etc.

A lot of future failures like Haider Ali in the wings.
Yeah he also definitely seems to be his real age. Biggest advantage is that he comes from an educated background unlike the rest of our paindu boys who have no hunger or critical thinking ability to improve.

Yeah he also definitely seems to be his real age. Biggest advantage is that he comes from an educated background unlike the rest of our paindu boys who have no hunger or critical thinking ability to improve.
He also reacts very quickly to 140 + pace. The only other relatively young guy who can play that in Pakistan is Mohammad Haris.

But Saim's upside is ridiculously high compared to anyone else. Educated/intelligent, real age, time against pace, damn good fielder, clever bowler.

It should be a huge disappointment for PAK fans if this guy doesn't make it big time.

He also reacts very quickly to 140 + pace. The only other relatively young guy who can play that in Pakistan is Mohammad Haris.

But Saim's upside is ridiculously high compared to anyone else. Educated/intelligent, really age, time against pace, damn good fielder, clever bowler.

It should be a huge disappointment for PAK fans if this guy doesn't make it big time.
Generally a pretty likeable guy too. He was MOTS at the CPL which is one of the better T20 competitions but he stayed quite humble. On the other hand you have guys like Shaheen who is although talented, extremely full of himself. I could name others but it is a futile exercise since there are so many.

What might be the reason that Saim Ayub is struggling in international cricket?

VtaPHzA.png

shouldn't be playing tests anyway, he's only played 16 FC matches ever, don't understand the theory of every player playing all 3 formats.

Saim has now reached his 50 in the 2nd test match. He has been solid in this inning and should be looking to convert it into a big score.

He’s a goner.

Shame because he looked set to post a double hundred.

Bro, you're playing Test cricket... That's why I'm not surprised he didn't score a century today

bZdSJTq.jpg

Back