PSL 8: Peshawar Zalmi (199/5) narrowly defeat Karachi Kings (197/5) by 2 runs to win Match 2

MenInG

PakPassion Administrator
Staff member
Runs
Grudge match? Could there be fireworks?

Jokes aside, really want Haider Ali to get going and see how BA performs in his first test in the PSL.

DBoDBkj.png

==

Karachi Kings

Haider Ali, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Amir, Shoaib Malik, Aamir Yamin, Mir Hamza, Sharjeel Khan, Qasim Akram, Matthew Wade, Imran Tahir, James Vince, James Fuller, Andrew Tye, Tayyab Tahir, Mohammad Akhlaq, Muhammad Irfan Khan, Tabraiz Shamsi, Mohammad Umar, Ben Cutting, Musa Khan

Faisal Akram (partial replacement for Tabraiz Shamsi)

Peshawar Zalmi

Babar Azam, Sherfane Rutherford, Wahab Riaz, Mohammad Haris, Aamir Jamal, Salman Irshad, Tom-Kohler Cadmore, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Rovman Powell, Mujeeb ur Rahman, Danish Aziz, Arshad Iqbal, Saim Ayub, Usman Qadir, Suifyan Muqeem, Haseeb Ullah, Jimmy Neesham, Khurram Shahzad, Haris Sohail

Richard Gleeson (partial replacement for Rovman Powell)

Imad on this game:

“Every game is a spicy affair in the PSL. We know they’re going to come hard at us and we’re ready for it.”

Imad seems like a very overconfident guy who likes to make too much noise off the field but does not have a caliber to perform onfield.
I hope peshawar will give this big mouth team what they deserves

Well rivalries just keep on developing in PSL which is good for the league I believe.

Babar now leading Zalmi vs his ex team which he last lead and captain he played under in PSL

and not to forget Babar vs Amir battle which already started off the field some months ago

Well rivalries just keep on developing in PSL which is good for the league I believe.

Babar now leading Zalmi vs his ex team which he last lead and captain he played under in PSL

and not to forget Babar vs Amir battle which already started off the field some months ago

This is irony. Pakistani players play soft cricket against other country but go on very hard against their own country players.

This is not a match, it's a battle of ideologies. In KK there is a toxic group sprinkled with some good players. Let's see.

This is not a match, it's a battle of ideologies. In KK there is a toxic group sprinkled with some good players. Let's see.

Battle of ideologies?

Yes. How to play T20 cricket versus how not to.

Imad: T20 captain
Babar: selfish captain

Should be an easy victory for Peshawar here. They outclass Karachi in all departments.

Karachi looks rubbish as always, the team owners have entrusted the dumbest analyst to pick the team.

Another first round exit to be expected.

Watch what you post here

We cannot babysit posters.

Karachi looks rubbish as always, the team owners have entrusted the dumbest analyst to pick the team.

Another first round exit to be expected.

They have assembled a team of old timers and has beens.

Karachi should be one of the most prominent brands in franchise cricket.

Instead the owners have shown they have no clue about cricket or building a sports brand.

Matches should start half an hour earlier i,e (8PM IST/or 7:30PM PST), yesterday majority of the crowd had left the stadium by 2nd Innings Powerplay and match ended at 1 AM

When is it starting UK time says 3 but no toss or team update

PCB have messed up

This is what their release said:

SCHEDULE OF MATCHES (afternoon matches will start at 2pm; evening matches in Karachi, Lahore and Rawalpindi will start at 7pm. Evening matches in Multan will begin at 6pm except for the tournament opener, which will commence at 8pm)

Karachi Kings wins the toss and opt to bowl against Peshawar Zalmi

CBOkd9K.jpg

3pPE2ee.jpg

Attachments

• 62cdac80-2e83-473f-be81-337687b760bd.jpg
    62cdac80-2e83-473f-be81-337687b760bd.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 153
  • 67418053-3060-471e-b7b4-4ec148dc7efc.jpg
    67418053-3060-471e-b7b4-4ec148dc7efc.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 154
I remember Imran khan in his time used to cop a lot of hate too. Comes with the territory of talent far above the rest + given almost absolute power over personnel.

I for one am all for it - if Babar were half of what IK had in leadership.

A spicy day today. May the stronger one win.

Amir will be under the scanner the entire PSL.

Excellent overseas players on both sides. Strongest edition of overseas players in this year's tournament.

Amazing crowd noise so far aswell.

Not sure how packed the stadium is but it sounds like its heaving

What a useless umpire

Don’t tell me this game is rigged for PZ to win!

I like you Harris but no prisoners in war son!

Chal Babar Ab Aa tu!

Wicket for Hamza but the credit has to go to Amir for getting under the skin of the dismissed batsman.

Yeah bowling pies is a good way to get under a batsmans skin :))

I'm certainly enjoying this contest so far. Amir was indeed bowling pies but the game isn't just played on the pitch, it's the mind games as well.

Im not a big fan of TKC. Overrated player but when he is on then he cause carnage.

What an over by Hamza though. Nice to see him do well.

I'm certainly enjoying this contest so far. Amir was indeed bowling pies but the game isn't just played on the pitch, it's the mind games as well.

Tbh this is the first time im more hyped for a franchise game than an international.

So much drama and personal grudges at play here.

Babar will look to bat all 20 overs here.

Won't see any fireworks from him.

Tbh this is the first time im more hyped for a franchise game than an international.

So much drama and personal grudges at play here.

I'm loving it. I didn't envisage myself watching a single game in this year's PSL. I wouldn't mind a super over with Imad or Amir bowling to Babar and Sharjeel batting in the other innings.

Beautiful over by Imad. Unlucky perhaps not to get Babar's wicket.

Hahahahahh

Pure comedy 🤣🤣🤣

Only captain can say why I am not in the team: Imad

I think everyone know why 😂

Hatrick of sixes

Imad has been buried here lads.

Shouldn't show his face and make sarcastic comments for a while.

Wow, 3 in a row. Tom on a roll. Taking off all the pressure of Babar who can now play his natural game.

Imad's receiving a beating here. Get him out of the attack.

Now Babar gets it on the act.

Uff this is how you burst someones ego.

One of the most brutal demolitions in sports entertainment!

Imad is cannon fodder for power hitters. He's the weakest link in the XI

Loving the zillat that karachi is facing. Especially imad and the fixer amir

Back