Peshawar Zalmi (204/5) defeat Multan Sultans (200/5) by 4 runs in a high scoring thriller to keep their play-off hopes alive

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated points table after 20 games in PSL 9:

OiJQv3G.png

Peshawar Zalmi, currently in fourth place and led by Babar Azam, is eager to recover from their recent loss and aim to secure a second victory over the leading team, Multan Sultans, in the 21st match of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024. The match will take place at the Rawalpindi Cricket Stadium in Rawalpindi today Tuesday, March 5.

Despite suffering their third defeat of the season, Peshawar Zalmi is ready to bounce back. On the other hand, the Multan Sultans, under the leadership of Mohammad Rizwan, have already secured their place in the PSL 2024 playoffs and are entering the match with a three-match winning streak.

GjKJFyH.jpeg

Squads:

Peshawar Zalmi
Squad: Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(c), Mohammad Haris(w), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Paul Walter, Rovman Powell, Aamer Jamal, Luke Wood, Mohammad Zeeshan, Arif Yaqoob, Salman Irshad, Haseebullah Khan, Asif Ali, Umair Afridi, Shamar Joseph, Aimal Khan, Mehran Mumtaz, Khurram Shahzad, Naveen-ul-Haq, Dan Mousley, Waqar Salamkheil, Arshad Iqbal

Multan Sultans Squad: Mohammad Rizwan(c), Reeza Hendricks, Usman Khan(w), Tayyab Tahir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Chris Jordan, David Willey, Usama Mir, Mohammad Ali, Faisal Akram, Aftab Ibrahim, Shahnawaz Dahani, Yasir Khan, Abbas Afridi, Ali Majid, Dawid Malan, Olly Stone, Johnson Charles, Mohammad Shahzad

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

Zalmi is the only team to beat the Sultan's so far and will come hard trying to ensure they don't lose two back to back games.

Multan, although having qualified still should try to make a statement and get revenge. Hopefully they don't take it easy.

With Babar and Rizwan at the helm of each team, things can get interesting. Let's see if Dosti Yaari becomes a factor

Multan is going to win this game. They are in some from as ususal.

I'm was surprised when Haseebullah was dropped. In my opinion he has been their best batter after Babar this season. He has to play all games.

I'm was surprised when Haseebullah was dropped. In my opinion he has been their best batter after Babar this season. He has to play all games.
Yeah. Haseeb should play instead of hack-Haris. He is the worst this season. Drop him.

Hopefully they will play Aimal Khan today , really interested to see how much pace he has gained over last year.

Both teams playing XIs:
1709646627609.png

Multan Sultans (Playing XI) - Mohammad Rizwan(C)(WK), Reeza Hendricks, Dawid Malan, Tayyab Tahir, Iftikhar Ahmed, Khushdil Shah, Chris Jordan, David Willey, Usama Mir, Aftab Ibrahim, Mohammad Ali.

Peshawar Zalmi (Playing XI) - Saim Ayub, Babar Azam(C), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Haseebullah Khan(WK), Rovman Powell, Asif Ali, Aamer Jamal, Luke Wood, Naveen-ul-Haq, Mehran Mumtaz, Salman Irshad.

Two guys who have the most deluded fanbase fanning lies about there greatness

Two guys that have brought Pakistan nothing but embarrassment when it matters

Zindabad match for me, one of the two will lose!

But one of them will win

Babar still in the lead by a fair bit. His SR is even decent this PSL at 151

vkg7hpz.png

Ali's line is all over the place and Babar is having a field day

Mohammad Ali doing rope a dope, going to counter punch the Peshawar openers

I think Willey should have bowled one more, he was looking good

Rizwan not only paks greatest wk/batsman but also a decent captain.. Pak truly blessed big upgrade from waste of spaces safraz Akmals..
Anyone who thinks sarfraz and akmals are even close to rizwan. They need some help.

Saim is just incredible. Can hit good bowlers and good balls, is fit and athletic , is one of the best catchers, very clever bowler, is pretty much his stated age , good head on his shoulders.

This kid is absolutely the real deal. No other young PAK batter has an upside that is anywhere near as close to his.

This PSL he's going at a SR of 150 odd, but slow against spin.

CN5at5U.png

Saim is just incredible. Can hit good bowlers and good balls, is fit and athletic , is one of the best catchers, very clever bowler, is pretty much his stated age , good head on his shoulders.

This kid is absolutely the real deal. No other young PAK batter has an upside that is anywhere near as close to his.
His bowling is something that will serve Pakistan very well. Something Jaiswal has to learn. For some reason, Indian management does not let young batsmen try their hand at bowling.

LOL what an over by Ifthikhar! Please don’t give him the ball again. Tell him to sub out

I think Riz missed a trick not bowling Willy for one more. He's a lot more lethal with the new ball vs later

Jordan replaces Ifthikhar! Good thinking Rizwan! Please don’t even think about Ifthikhar and bowling.

Yes they were embarrassing us when they helped us to our only win against India in any World Cup.

Also winning many games and topping the rankings was really embarrassing.

I don't know if you joke or actually believe what you say.

Saim please destroy Ifthikhar’s bowling career!

Rizwan took Willey out for Ifti (willey has THE best bowling sr among ALL bowers in T20 cricket). Willey only bowled 1 over in the PP this game. Doesn't make sense.

Babar has been run out 20 times in PSL lolll
is he a bad runner or fishy

Why is Ifthikhar in the huddle of team discussion with Willey???? Jaaaa Kr fielding kr

I’ve seen some other batting talents come through Pakistan in recent times - but watching them, often times it felt a little bit flukey and eventually they were found out. Saim, on the other hand, seems very very solid and confident.

Ayub out, but Haris in.

I really want to see Haris succeed. He’s had one of the highest SR of any T20 player Pakistan has.

Successfully slog sweeps Usama for 2 sixes and then gets out to a defensive stroke. He should just back his aggressive instincts in this format and keep going especially in this kind of pitch.

No way! Players like him need long runs. Hopefully the drop makes him come back even stronger.
I ageree, and they dropped him for Asif Ali which is the most frustrating thing

Successfully slog sweeps Usama for 2 sixes and then gets out to a defensive stroke. He should just back his aggressive instincts in this format and keep going especially in this kind of pitch.

Yeah, he did his job, but now PZ's RR will drop a lot. Cadmore apparently has not made more than 40 in his last 17 T20 games so momentum could wayne now

I’ve seen some other batting talents come through Pakistan in recent times - but watching them, often times it felt a little bit flukey and eventually they were found out. Saim, on the other hand, seems very very solid and confident.

Nah nah. He's just gaining confidence now. I expect him to really explode on the international scene when he is completely confident about his game. One gets the feeling he's just getting started.

Agree about the other batting talents.

Big problem for Zalmi if TKC is playing like this

Let's see what Haseeb can do. He needs to get going fast. A lot of batting to come with Asif Ali, Powell and Jamal left and they can all really hit. Haseeb has a rep of being a slow start.

Great front food defense technique by haseeb in the 11th over

Haseebullah is the only real contender to replace Rizwan in Pak side once he hangs up his boots.

Sarfaraz will still be around :ROFLMAO:
I like Saad Baig, the U-19 keeper and skipper. I feel like he should be groomed. Haseeb is too slow for my liking, Baig (although young) is quite aggressive.

I like Saad Baig, the U-19 keeper and skipper. I feel like he should be groomed. Haseeb is too slow for my liking, Baig (although young) is quite aggressive.
Baig is a copy of Sarfraz. Some Advantages and Disadvantages

Baig technique is extremely poor at the moment

Babar slowing down after powerplay as usual…

Sana and Ramiz: it seems as if the wicket has become a little bit harder to bat on

Frauds like Sana, Ramiz, Bazid and Urooj have played an equal role in conveying lies to the world!

Beautifully timed SIX from Babar. His focus on timing is very noticeable in this tournament. Not trying to muscle the ball. That is how he should bat always

Who’s telling the truth???!
It was literally reported 2-3 days ago by Multan Sultans that he's leaving for this match but will be back by the 10th. The only person not telling the truth is you.

As rubbish as haseebullah is he's miles better than Saad baif who is a rubbish bat and even worse keeper.

The pavillion show was saying usman Khan has gone back to the UAE for personal reasons will be back soon.

Hard to believe that this is the same Usama Mir that was bowling filth in the ODI worldcup. He could barely pitch the ball at one place. A few months later, he is bowling like Shane Warne.

Babar sure is doing alright for a fraud opener.

Maybe it’s the AI version of Babar that is scoring all these runs.

50 off 35 balls

On this wicket, the elite T20 openers will score 85+

Hard to believe that this is the same Usama Mir that was bowling filth in the ODI worldcup. He could barely pitch the ball at one place. A few months later, he is bowling like Shane Warne.
Saj just did an interview with Alex Hartly, the Multans spin coach. She said some interesting things about Mir. Will be up soon and worth a listen.

I think he was always good in T20 and based upon that he got a chance in the ODI WC after Shadab/Nawaz were failing.

Back