Multan Sultans (180/4) defeat Quetta Gladiators (167/9) by 13 runs, putting an end to their winning streak

BouncerGuy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Runs
Updated Points table of PSL 9 after 10 games:
QATIbA2.png

Today marks the second double-header in the ongoing Pakistan Super League (PSL) 2024 season. Two exciting matches are scheduled for Sunday.

In the first match, the Multan Sultans aim to regain their winning form after a narrow five-run defeat against Peshawar Zalmi on February 23. Now, they face the unbeaten and formidable Quetta Gladiators in the 11th match at the Multan Cricket Stadium.

Notably, Multan and Quetta have clashed 11 times in the HBL PSL, with Multan holding a slight advantage of 7 wins, while Quetta has secured four victories

Q3ZSI9Y.png

Squads:

Quetta Gladiators
Squad: Jason Roy, Saud Shakeel, Khawaja Nafay, Rilee Rossouw(c), Sarfaraz Ahmed(w), Sherfane Rutherford, Akeal Hosein, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Mohammad Amir, Mohammad Hasnain, Abrar Ahmed, Omair Yousuf, Will Smeed, Sajjad Ali, Adil Naz, Bismillah Khan, Usman Qadir, Laurie Evans, Sohail Khan

Multan Sultans Squad: Yasir Khan, Mohammad Rizwan(w/c), Reeza Hendricks, Dawid Malan, Khushdil Shah, Iftikhar Ahmed, Usama Mir, David Willey, Abbas Afridi, Mohammad Ali, Shahnawaz Dahani, Usman Khan, Faisal Akram, Tayyab Tahir, Aftab Ibrahim, Johnson Charles, Olly Stone, Chris Jordan, Mohammad Shahzad

=======

All posters please take note of the following guidelines for match threads on PakPassion:

1. No personal insults at other posters, players, officials, coaching staffs etc.

2. No making fun of player's, official's, coaching staff's names.

3. Do not add any references to media, their social media or post any pictures or screenshots from other sports websites.

4. Stick to commenting on this match. There is no need to bring other countries into the match discussion as there are plenty of other threads where those discussions can be added.

I think it will be Quetta's game to win. They have done well and Multan will be feeling pressure now.

Toss Update:

Quetta Gladiators have won the toss and have opted to field

1708850100746.png

Isn't Usman Khan a local Pakistani player or has he moved overseas which is why he's considered an overseas player?

Ermm y are quetta playing 4 spinners n 2 pacers huge risk...although happy to see tariq playing

Ermm y are quetta playing 4 spinners n 2 pacers huge risk...although happy to see tariq playing
Yeah, this is pretty surprising. They are putting too much trust in the spinners. Can go against them.

Let's be honest Abrar is the best leg spinner in the country right now. I rate his over Shadab and Usama Mir.

Tariq is that guy who's clips were on SM now I've seen him bowl live.

Interesting action indeed Rizzy shaking his hand after 3 balls lol

HE has a googly...carrom.ball..obviously he is an offie ..one thing i must say which is daft surely with that action and pause you can see rizzy is sweeping 80% of time cudnt u just fire the ball on the offiside when he does that

HE has a googly...carrom.ball..obviously he is an offie ..one thing i must say which is daft surely with that action and pause you can see rizzy is sweeping 80% of time cudnt u just fire the ball on the offiside when he does that
Does he play domestic cricket or just picked on a few SM clips?

easiest of the easiest ones to take but Rutherford grassed it. Multan is still 1 down for 96 after 12.

50 from 39 for Riz. Again a bit on the slow side. Now that he's in let's see if he can step on it when it really matteres.

g9BzGNK.png

Akeal struck gold. Rizwan departs. Multan 2 down now as tayyab tahir comes to the crease.

Hendricks needs to go. He makes rizwan look like afridi

Who is this joke of an off spin bowler? The Just for men dripping of his beard !!

Quetta spinners have bowled beautifully on this road.

30 balls left

What’s the point of having Khusdhil and Iftikhar in your side if they are only going to get 10-15 balls each

Rizwan 50 off 40 on this road

Don’t tell me this was a good innings?

Thats the issue when you have 2 accululators eat up the majority of the balls
Rizwan and Hendricks played too slowly. Now they have 17 balls left with 8 wickets in hand. Balance is out. They should've been 20 runs ahead and in exchange should've given 2 more wickets.

Quetta fielders have been so bad.

Just a shocker of a tournament in terms of fielding for all teams.

10 runs too many by Quetta at the end

Should be happy with this total though. Decent work bowling first

I think Russow got the order of Amir and Wasim jr wrong there at the end

Amir should not have bowled to the shorter boundary, but I guess the senior bowler has to take the bigger challenge

Quetta might as well use their concussion sub card. Umar Amin is in excellent form

No Willey today for MS

Let’s see how they deal with this

Rizwan and Hendricks played too slowly. Now they have 17 balls left with 8 wickets in hand. Balance is out. They should've been 20 runs ahead and in exchange should've given 2 more wickets.
This is how the future captain of Pakistan plays

Get used to it

Fast and uneven outfield

Expect some poor fielding by MS too

Roy
Russow
Rutherford

These three have the bulk of the work here

Hopefully we see a Russow special, 40-50 ball hundred

Usama Mir is key here

It’s one of those tracks where in recent times he has been taken to the cleaners at international level

Muhammad Ali v J Roy on a road

Big Test for the Sialkot upcoming seamer!

Back