South Africa vs India , 1st Test , The Wanderers Stadium

the true passionist

First Class Captain
Runs
so, India enjoys and dominated the first session when no play was possible on a damp pitch. Let's see what happens in the second one.

surprise surprise!
India won the toss and chose to bat....can you believe it? chose to bat?
I cannot believe it, this must be a mistake by the cricinfo guy!

Pathan must have improved after tips from Wasim ...

the true passionist said:
so, India enjoys and dominated the first session when no play was possible on a damp pitch. Let's see what happens in the second one.
:)) :))

Actually its not as funny as you think. India didnt lose any wickets nor did South Africa score any runs

MIG said:
Pathan must have improved after tips from Wasim ...

ahummm ..... they left him out ----> that's so dumb .. he is there best bat ATM.

damp pitch ??

i heard some of the indian batsmen were inspecting the pitch and when they saw how much bounce there was they had a little accident :D :D :p

Daoud said:
:)) :))

Actually its not as funny as you think. India didnt lose any wickets nor did South Africa score any runs

Is this for real? They lost the first session because of a damp pitch?

jusarrived said:
Bold decision by dravid to bat first...!

13/0 in 8 ovrs

13/0 ---> 14/2 both openers fall in quick succession.

tendu survives two very close LBW shouts in his first 3 deliveries.

India 19/2, still lunch.

Best two batsman batting there, both need to make big scores if India are to have any chance at all in this game.

4 more for tendy. Tendu on 20 and dravid still on 4. Maybe tendu will score 100s here?

Ind-SA Latest

36 for 2 (21.3 overs)

Did the Indians have Parathe for breakfast??

Jaffer 9runs from 40 balls!
Sehwag 4runs from 24 balls!
Dravid 4runs from 30 balls!(OBVIOUSLY!)
Tendulkar 16 from 35

Serious fitness problems me thinks...!!

It was a bold decision to bat first in these conditions - they look to be settling down.

73 /2 .. India on top at the moment ..if they can post 250 ..SA batsmen wil have a hard time

More importantly - both are looking very good and confident ...hunter getting hunted ???

CrickFan said:
73 /2 .. India on top at the moment ..if they can post 250 ..SA batsmen wil have a hard time

come on just 250? Remember SA can ealy score 400+ here.

Tendulkar actually batted quite decently today.

87/3

I would have sent in Ganguly ahead of Laxman. These are the two teams, by the way.

Jaffer, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble, Zaheer, Sreesanth, VRV Singh.

Smith, Gibbs, Amla, Kallis, Prince, de Villiers, Boucher, Pollock, Nel, Ntini, Steyn

Easa said:
I would have sent in Ganguly ahead of Laxman. These are the two teams, by the way.

Jaffer, Sehwag, Dravid, Tendulkar, Laxman, Ganguly, Dhoni, Kumble, Zaheer, Sreesanth, VRV Singh.

Smith, Gibbs, Amla, Kallis, Prince, de Villiers, Boucher, Pollock, Nel, Ntini, Steyn

By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.

Hash said:
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen.

Ganguly, Dhoni, Sreesanth, VRV, Laxman

The above are the stars of the greatest team ever.

Dravid gone

The best team in the world are 110 for 4

Hash said:
Dravid gone

The best team in the world are 110 for 4

I thought it was England since they won the Ashes are about to lose them but still are the best because they won them last year.

Raz said:
I thought it was England since they won the Ashes?

India best team in the world on paper
England best team in the world in practice

Kallis, the least sung of South Africa's pace battery, gets Dravid and Tendulkar. India in tatters.

Laxman was plumb. Bloody useless umpire.

Real medium pace bowling that what SA pacemen are.

none of their bowlers bowled at more than fast medium captions says FAST :20: it is all bounce in pitch no lateral movement.Nell the joker Trying to STARE indians out.

DOOSRA95 said:
none of their bowlers bowled at more than fast medium captions says FAST :20: it is all bounce in pitch no lateral movement.Nell the joker Trying to STARE indians out.
Wasnt the rest of SA attack faster generally than the SA attack with the exception of Steyn and maybe Ntini?

Ganguly hits a 4 through the onside.

149/4

Nel hits Ganguly on the shoulder, perfect response. Been impressed by Dada so far. Hasn't backed down.

Nel bowling very well. Ganguly beaten.

154/4 ...lax is superb touch!

if we don loose any more wicket,its advantage inida !

Laxman playing well, today. Looks in imperious touch. I hope he gets out soon.

35 minutes or so to go. We need a wicket.

all these Indian batsmen(with the exception of Jaffa) have scored runs in tough conditions and are quality players so i am not surprised with the scorecard.

Yeah, I am supporting the South Africans therefore used the word 'we'. Not a big deal.

Pollock bowls a perfect outswinger. 155/4

Laxman goes caught behind. Ntini strikes! :D

156/5

Stumps day 1. Laxman goes last ball before stumps. :27:

Fantastic breakthrough right at the end.

We can get India for 250 now.

India not doing as bad as I expected. I thought South Africa's pace battery was going to run through them, but they done pretty well for themselves. I just hope Pakistan prepares much as India do. I like how they asked for practice bouncy wickets and what not.

PlanetPakistan said:
he should do alright on this pitch...because the Jamshedpur pitch is quite similar to this one.

Hes been our best bat in ODI's....he cud be the diference between totals of 200 or 300 tomorrow.

pretty decent day for us...we can get SA out cheaply on this pitch!

I said he would get a 3, because I expect him to edge a ball through the slips, and the fielder will cut it of at the boundary. That will be his only scoring stroke.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, he might edge a few runs. :D

Easa said:
I said he would get a 3, because I expect him to edge a ball through the slips, and the fielder will cut it of at the boundary. That will be his only scoring stroke.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt, he might edge a few runs. :D
I don't think Afridi is playing this match.

I hope Ganguly makes a complete comeback and they have to put up with him for another couple of series.

yep, like the commies wer saying ..he cud have just let the ball go past him n chase it to the boundry and no one wud have blamed him for that ...the attempt itself deserves praise!

gangs looking very determined!

Ganguly beginning to open up.

I think that it was a mistake dropping Pathan.

MY GOD WHAT A RETORT THIS GANGULI IS, EXPOSES THE TAIL SO HE CAN REMAIN NOT OUT AND STAY IN THE TEAM........WHen Yuvraj gets back I hope he realises he wil be in for a fast exit....

My Fellow Pakpassioners always say SRT is selfish but if you guys really wanna know the meaning of selfishness please see the way Ganguli is batting now with the tail.....

Vkram Singh loking like Afridi in the middle

Back