Sri Lanka v India l 3rd Test l Colombo (PSS) | 08/08/08 to 12/08/08

Rickz said:
He is meant to be doing very well for his domestic team. I'm not sure what he'll be like in this test match.

I see. Will be interesting to see.

Momo said:
hahaha. What the hell was Ganguly looking at the umpire for?
i think he was making sure that umpire has done justice to him or he should raise his voice of freedom in shape of review.

buntylover_2000 said:
i think he was making sure that umpire has done justice to him or he should raise his voice of freedom in shape of review.
:)))

India in a deep hole! 155/5. Laxman and Patel need to put up a big partnership.

One thing babyface should be careful about is padding up to Murali or Mendis.

Rickz said:
India in a deep hole! 155/5. Laxman and Patel need to put up a big partnership.

Laxman can't play Mendis and it will be asking too much from the comeback kid to play a big innings here...India looking finished in this game unless the Lankans throw it away with the bat.

cars112 said:
Laxman can't play Mendis and it will be asking too much from the comeback kid to play a big innings here...India looking finished in this game unless the Lankans throw it away with the bat.

Patel has a chance to prove himself in this match. A score around 270 will be decent enough.

Random Aussie said:
Can't believe they all failed again :))) :)))

15 innings in this series for Tendulkar, Dravid and Ganguly combined and not a single fifty :))) :))) :)))

Rickz said:
A score around 270 will be decent enough.

Pitch looks good to me so I'm not convinced 270 will be decent. As things stand, though, 270 looks highly unlikely in itself.

cars112 said:
Pitch looks good to me so I'm not convinced 270 will be decent. As things stand, though, 270 looks highly unlikely in itself.

270 in the situation they're in.

Did you guys see the guy who was absolutely tearing the two ladies apart with his stare?
Tony Greig said, "That guy to the left looks really interested."
To which, Ranil (a guy who appears to have a great sense of humour) responded, "His eyes are definitely on the ball." :)))

Arun Lal in ultra super whining-bitching mode about review system.

Momo said:
Arun Lal in ultra super whining-bitching mode about review system.
thats the reason that makes him the best pathetic commentator of all time.
All praise to Mr.Arun for the way he has carried nonsense for such a long time on tv.

buddhika_s said:
Well this really does prove that some Indians do get their mouth get over their heads, I'm not a Sri Lankan for once LOL I'm an Australian, Australian living in the US and just because I would take SL over India any day of the weak doesn't make me a Sri Lankan, so don't get carried away with your over assumptions.

"the last loss we had?"--- don't really remember it but the last time you guys were down there in the Aussie land, as far as I remember you got butt whipped like a bunch of goof balls.

Whooped like goof balls ?? yeah a series which thanks to Bucknor and Co helped Australia save face by just sneaking through 2-1. Also rem us winning the ODI series there, please enlighten me how did Sri Lanka go in Aus ??? You sure you are talking about Sri Lanka being beaten & harrassed onto the next galaxy ? :)) ..

Indian tail hasn't really wagged in this series so let us see how the third session plays. Can we get a couple of Srilankan wickets before end of the day.

Romali_rotti said:
Momo

Since you are watching the game, how is Parthiv looking with the bat ?

Parthiv is more comfortable than I expected. And I mentioned earlier also that the kids knows how to bat. He has negotiated with Menids and Murali pretty well.

Romali_rotti said:
Whooped like goof balls ?? yeah a series which thanks to Bucknor and Co helped Australia save face by just sneaking through 2-1. Also rem us winning the ODI series there, please enlighten me how did Sri Lanka go in Aus ??? You sure you are talking about Sri Lanka being beaten & harrassed onto the next galaxy ? :)) ..

Oh yeah same pathetic excuses, Bucknor oh well wait till we come to your own backyard and give it back to you.

How did Sri Lanka did? Yeah we beat them, been beating them forever, you don't get it, it's not just Sri Lanka I would take over India. The reason I (correction: Most non Indians) would take any other cricketing country over India is because of obnoxious little fans like you and your cricket board which bullies everyone else.

Anyway, I'm tired of watching India the best players of spin, pace, best bowlers, best fielders, the best of the best making "debudant look too good" So I'm off to sleep.

Last edited:
VVS Laxman:

No. of times dismissed in series: 5
No. of times dismissed by Menids: 5

buddhika_s said:
Oh yeah same pathetic excuses, Bucknor oh well wait till we come to your own backyard and give it back to you.

Pathetic excuse huh!!!! did you watch that game in SYDNEY YOU **** ??? Bucknor won Australia the game which should have been drawn..

How did Sri Lanka did? Yeah we beat them, been beating them forever, you don't get it, it's not just Sri Lanka I would take over India. The reason I (correction: Most non Indians) would take any other cricketing country over India is because of obnoxious little fans like you and your cricket board which bullies everyone else.

Mate tell someone who give a shi*, you reckon I givva a flyin damn if you pick India over anyone else ??? Awwwww I am so hurt heart broken :( .. Ponder this; If you really are aussie, which I dont believe anyway you pathetic Lankan in disguise, if injustice such as the Sydney test occur again; then we will flex our muscles and make you eat the humble pie, you dont like it ?? TOUGHHHHH life is a b*****h aint it ????

Anyway, I'm tired of watching India the best players of spin, pace, best bowlers, best fielders, the best of the best making "defendants look too good" So I'm off to sleep.

You are tired because we are the only team to give Australia a good run for money and not your Sri-Lankan wannabes who look like little kittens outside your homeland. The results would have been a lot different if Australia didnt get so much umpiring help when they locked horns against India. Now Shoooo go off to your Pajama's you silly Lankan..

Last edited:
Kumble gone! Mendis gets his 4th wicket and India are in tatters.

Mendis now has as many Test wickets as the TALL & MIGHTY ISHANT. :D

Obviously in much quicker time :)))

Mendis guy has been superb.He has really taken indians best players of spin to cleaners.

I cannot show it to you that I have whiplash

This thread gone awful quiet for some reason :D

The performance of the old 4 is good news for Australia, either India gets rid of them and has to play debutants against us or sticks with them and they will cop 3 months of shredding from the Indian press before we play them.

Muhahaha. Thanks Mendis.

Thanks ICC that we don't play them again for years :D

This thread is going down the hill in terms of participation just like best players of spin went in to state of helplessnes after watching Mendis.

buntylover_2000 said:
This thread is going down the hill in terms of participation just like best players of spin went in to state of helplessnes after watching Mendis.

Good analogy, Bunty :)))

No. 10 and 11 looking quite comfortable out there.

Sri Lanka should get a big score on this.

Mendis to Sharma, no run, yorker length on the middle, dug out by Zaheer.

Random Aussie said:
Indian tailenders embarassing the "best batting line up in the world" now

As soon as Tendulkar gets used to the bounce, he will start out-scoring Ishant Sharma.

The TALL & MIGHTY ONE has outscored Mr. T now.

I must say this is the great a of the performance by Mendis and the Sri Lanka in Bahawalpur

Indian innings looking like an hourglass. Thick at the ends- narrow in the middle.

I still think if we can get a couple of Srilankan wickets today it will set the balance right.

moumotta said:
I still think if we can get a couple of Srilankan wickets today it will set the balance right.

That's true. Srilanka have to bat last, remember?

Words cant explain how pathetic I am feeling as an Indian supporter. Our tail enders have lasted 15 overs against Murali...

Romali_rotti said:
Words cant explain how pathetic I am feeling as an Indian supporter. Our tail enders have lasted 15 overs against Murali...

This period of play may come back to haunt Srilankans. Some useful runs from latter half of the FAB4.

Romali_rotti said:
the best part is that they lasted 15 overs without asking for a review.

Romali_rotti said:

It just goes to show that the Flab 4 are losing their touch.

I truly hope this partnerships ends NOW, this is just making me sickkkkk to the maxxx.... :pissed:

Romali_rotti said:
I truly hope this partnerships ends NOW, this is just making me sickkkkk to the maxxx.... :pissed:

Why? I am telling you this partnership will come back to haunt Lanka.

Momo said:
This period of play may come back to haunt Srilankans. Some useful runs from latter half of the FAB4.

Wishful thinking if you are Indian, somehow I dont see us getting out of this mess but you never know... But watching these 2 bat is driving me mad, I feel like killing the FAB 4..

Romali_rotti said:
Wishful thinking if you are Indian, somehow I dont see us getting out of this mess but you never know... But watching these 2 bat is driving me mad, I feel like killing the FAB 4..

An Indian, I definitely am not. And I want India to lose big. However, cant help feeling that Indians are doing well at the moment. Srilanka losing the grip here.

But then again, if you don't have bowlers who can unleash toe-crushing bombshells, it's hard to get rid of tailenders if they decide to be stubborn and bent on humiliating their more illustrious batsmen.

Last edited:
Downside is that we will have two tired opening bowlers when Srilanka begin their innings.

And as we speak, Zaheer Khan tries to do a Bhajji and gets stumped.

Interestingly in this series Ishant has not been dismissed once he has scored a run.

Mendis gets another 5fer.
Its advantage India (last partneship of 50, having to bowl last etc).
Now it's up to the Srilankan batsmen to play the game of their lives in the first innings. If they cannot take a 150 runs lead minimum (which is highly unlikely), this match is as good as lost.

Last edited:
Lanka just needs two biggish hundreds with a couple of fifties. :)

Last edited:
How much Lanka will score will depend largely on how positively they will play. No sooner than they will get bogged down and stop playing their shots and taking singles and doubles, they will start losing wickets.

Last edited:
Sri Lanka need to get atleast 400-450 in their 1st innings if they want to put India under pressure and probably not bat again in the game!

Omar Malik said:
Sri Lanka need to get atleast 400-450 in their 1st innings if they want to put India under pressure and probably not bat again in the game!

Exactly. 400 is a must, 450 will be good.
But easier said than done.

Babyface makes his first mistake, lets a ball go through.

Got him, Ishant bowling a lion hearted spell here...Kept on beating the bat now finally gets a well deserved reward.

Last edited:
Actually Vandort, whatsup with this guy ? I just have so much things to say about him but I cant seem to utter a word..

Romali_rotti said:
Actually Vandort, whatsup with this guy ? I just have so much things to say about him but I cant seem to utter a word..

I understand your feelings. :)

Back